对 牛肚
Right, tripe.
我在想 O’Docherty夫人
I was thinking, Mrs. O’Docherty,
我们没提前预约 您就让我们住进来 为了表示感谢
to thank you for taking us in on such short notice,
为什么不让我来做饭呢?
why don’t you let me cook?
不 亲爱的 不行
No, darling, I couldn’t.
噢 可以的 他是个主厨 他很棒的
Oh, you could. He’s a chef. He’s very good.
是真的!
It’s true!
真的? 那太好了
Really? Well, that’s gas.
我们还有两个意大利人住在这 没问题吧?
We’ve got two Italians staying, as well. Would that be okay?
完全没问题!
No problem at all!
太感谢了
Thanks a million.
提议不错
Good call.
你现在到底在干什么呢?
What the hell are you doing now?
配料需要三个中等大小的胡萝卜
This recipe says three medium carrots,
我只是觉得这个有点大了 不能算中等的
and I just think this one is a little large to be classified as medium.
而你看看其他两个
And if you look at these two,
它们刚好就是中等大小的 而这个有点…
they’re clearly medium, while this one is slightly…
看着
Watch.
三个中等大小的胡萝卜
Three medium-sized carrots.
我觉得想要严格一点没什么错
You know, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to be precise.
好吧
Okay.
呃 那你一定非常
Well, then you must be very,
非常严格
very precise.
我有个提议
Here’s an idea.
别再对已知世界中的一切妄图加以控制了
Why don’t you stop trying to control everything in the known universe?
这是晚餐 有点信心吧
It’s dinner. Have a little faith.
问题会解决的
It’ll all work out.
以前听过这话
Heard that one before.
呃 也许你应该听听
Well, maybe you should have listened.
真的? 你这么想?
Really? You think?
问题会解决的 我父亲是”问题会解决的”之王
It’ll all work out. My dad was the king of “it’ll all work out”.
话说在巴哈马群岛 移♥动♥视频店里
Time shares in the Bahamas, mobile video stores,
不管接下来是什么
whatever the next big nothing was,
我们的钱立马就花光了
all our money went right after it.
但是别担心 问题会解决的
But don’t worry. It’ll all work out.
逼着我放学后做两份兼♥职♥
Cut to me working two part-time jobs after school
然后我们的房♥子在平安夜被收回了 吼吼吼
and us getting our house repossessed on Christmas Eve. Ho, ho, ho.
所以 如果我不听 你能原谅吧
So you will forgive me if I don’t listen.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
不 我很抱歉
No, I’m sorry.
父亲本该是你可以依靠的对象 对吧?
A father’s someone you should be able to rely on, you know?
不管怎样 晚餐
Anyway, dinner.
我们有卷心菜 韭菜
We have got cabbages, a leek,
三个中等大小的胡萝卜
three medium carrots.
你不是素食主义者吧 对吗?
You’re not one of those vegetarians, are you?
不是
No.
很好
Good.
Declan得一分 鸡得零分
Declan one, chicken nil.
真好
Sweet.
酒闷仔鸡?
Coq au vin?
怎么了?
What?
真败给她了
Give me strength.
别告诉我你之前没炖过鸡
Don’t start telling me that you’ve never had chicken stew before.
我当然炖过
Of course I have.
我想知道 你以为鸡是从哪来的
I’m wondering where it is that you think chickens come from.
冷冻区
The freezer section.
我知道 我知道 我…
I know, I know. I…
你让我吃了一惊
You just surprised me.
你一直让我吃惊
You keep doing that.
给我胡萝卜
Give me the carrots.
是 胡萝卜
Yes, carrots.
抱歉
Sorry.
我们要把温度再升高一点
We build up the temperature a little bit.
你不用把它们剁碎 很难拿住
You don’t need to chop them. It’s hard to hold.
闻着真香
That smells amazing.
好孩子 还有…
Good girl. And…
这就是你所说的”展现” 是吗?
So this is what you call staging, is it?
算是吧
Sort of.
不算太差
Not too shabby.
– 这儿? – 好的
– Here? – Yeah.
太完美了
Impeccable.
鸡太美味了
The chicken was wonderful.
真的吗? 鸡我经常做的不好
Wasn’t it? And I’m usually awful at chicken.
Jeremy总说我弄得太干了
Jeremy always says I make it too dry.
谁是Jeremy?
Jeremy?
噢!
Oh!
Jeremy 我们的…
Jeremy. Our…
我们的邻居
Our next door neighbor.
偶尔来蹭饭
Who sometimes comes by for dinner.
对吧 Declan?
Right, Declan?
嗯 对 对 是个可爱的老头
Mmm. Yeah, yeah. He’s a lovely old soul.

Yeah.
有点认知障碍
A little bit learning difficulties, you know.
见人就说他是心脏病学家 很搞笑
Tells everyone he’s a cardiologist. It’s a scream.
但他是个快乐的家伙
But he’s a happy chap, you know.
他有点那个了 保佑他 为了她
He’s got a little thing, bless him, for her.
老古董 Frank?
Antique, Frank?
老古董 对 就像我一样
Antique, yeah. Like me.
它们是结婚礼
Wedding present, they were.
才44年 你个老讨厌鬼!
It’s only 44 years, you cheeky rascal!
看到了吧? 这就是婚姻可以持续44年的原因
See? That’s what it takes to be married for 44 years.
接吻
The kiss.
每次都像初吻 也像最后一次接吻
Always kiss like it’s the first time and the last time.
壮观
Grand.
那来吧 孩子
Well, come on then, son.
给我们这些老家伙表演一下该怎么做
Show us old ones how it’s done.
什么?
Sorry?
我已经吻了我老婆
Well, I’ve kissed my wife.
当然 Stefano也吻了他老婆
Stefano has certainly kissed his wife.
不 我们就不用了 我们之前接过吻了
No, we’re fine. We did it earlier, kiss.
接过了 完成了
Done and dusted.
有点骑士精神啊 小伙子 你知道我在说什么?
A bit of chivalry, man. You know what I’m saying?
噢! 太完美了
Oh! That’s perfect.
如果那也算吻 我真吃惊 你还跟着他过
If that was a kiss, I’m surprised you’re still wed to him at all.
不 不 他们害羞而已
No, no, they’re shy, that’s all.
是的 很害羞
Yes. Really shy.
这儿都是朋友!
You’re among friends!
你们年轻 结婚了 还深爱彼此!
You’re young, married, in love!
大家都看得出来
Anyone can see that.
该死 小伙子
Damn it, man.
快吻这女孩!
Kiss the girl!
– 好家伙 – 就是这样的
– Bravo! – There you go.
这才算是吻!
Now that’s a kiss!
太湿了
It’s quite wet.
仁慈一点吧 好吗?
Show a little mercy, would you?
好吧
All right.
但是一打鼾 你就得回到浴室去
But one snore and you’re back in the shower.

Great.
谁能想到要花两天才能到都柏林?
Who’d have thought it’d take two days to get to Dublin?
顺便说一下 过夜要加钱
I have to charge you an overnighter, by the way.
真是惊喜
Surprise.
– 100欧元 – 50
– €100. – Fifty.
那就75吧 一共是675欧元
Seventy-five it is. Running total €675.
好吧 如果你只在乎钱 那就675吧
Fine. If it’s all about money for you, then 675 it is.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Night.
很抱歉 我还没到
I’m so sorry I’m not there yet.
你肯定想不到我经历了什么
You can’t imagine what I’ve been through.
比在巴巴多斯岛弄丢了我们的行李还糟糕?
Worse than when they lost our luggage in Barbados?
十倍那么糟糕
Like that times 10.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!