So I went into the garden
画了一整本的画
and filled an entire notebook with sketches.
男人真无聊
Men are bores.
他们对生活的贡献仅有两条
They’re useful for only two things in life
财务支持和传宗接代
financial support and procreation.
米莉 你说话太过分了
Millie! You say outrageous things!
-而且有代价 -什么代价
– Ah, but the price. – What price?
家务缠身 生孩子 太可怕了
Domestic enslavement. Childbirth. Terrifying.
未婚女性能过得更好
No, unmarried women have a better life.
这我确定
I swear it’s true.
不用持家 带孩子 照顾丈夫的各种需求
No houses, no babies, no husbands demanding things all the time.
只要这辈子有幸能交个好朋友
As long as one’s lucky enough in life to have a good friend.
我真庆幸诺曼找到了你 碧翠丝
I’m so glad Norman found you, Beatrix.
我都不知道自己缺了什么呢
I was missing something I didn’t even know.
两只坏老鼠
的故事
两只坏老鼠
的故事
波特小姐 我很荣幸地给您寄去了
Dear Miss Potter, I enclose with great pleasure
最新出版的故事 希望日后能有更多
the latest in what I hope will be a long line of tales.
殷勤地 诺曼·沃恩
Yours affably, Norman Warne.
沃恩先生
Mr Warne.
您和米莉愿意来参加圣诞聚会吗
Would you and Millie like to come to a Christmas party?
我父母每年都要举办
My parents hold one every year,
我觉得我也该邀请客人来了
and I think it’s high time that I invited someone.
我们十分乐意 甚至可以说很激动
Yes, we’d be delighted to attend. Thrilled, in fact.
别动 小坏蛋
Be still, little imps!
彼得 你真淘气
Peter, you naughty boy!
瞧瞧你竖立的什么坏榜样
Look what an example you’re setting.
这样才对 再乱动我就把你涂掉
That’s better. Any more of that and I’ll paint you out.
你父亲回来了
Your father is home.
今天在俱乐部过得如何 爸爸
How was your day at the club, Father?
一如既往的有趣
Interesting, as always.
鲁伯特 出了点问题 需要你解决
Rupert, we seem to have a situation. We need your resolution.
我想邀请诺曼·沃恩
I want to invite Norman Warne
和他姐姐来参加圣诞聚会
and his sister to our Christmas party.
我们还请了阿米蒂奇夫人 奈吉尔爵士和茜玻呢
With Lady Armitage? With Sir Nigel and Sybil?
他们是商人啊 鲁伯特
A tradesman, Rupert!
这不是要扫了大家的兴
How will anyone have fun?
他是出版我的书的人 爸爸
He’s the gentleman who publishes my books, Father.
-鲁伯特 -我这儿有样东西 碧翠丝
– Rupert. – I have something here, Beatrix.
我去了趟哈查兹书店
I went into Hatchards bookshop
买♥♥下了这本物美价廉的好书
and I purchased this with good money.
休·威特福德在俱乐部找到了我 唠叨了几小时
Hugh Whitteford bearded me in the club and rattled on for hours.
就是满脸络腮胡子的那个休
You know old Hugh, jowls all aflutter.
说他老婆为孙女的育儿室
Wife’s bought three of your girls’ books
买♥♥了三本你女儿的书
for her granddaughter’s nursery.
还要寄更多给孟买♥♥的朋友
Sending more by ship to chums in Bombay.
很快 整个俱乐部的人都在说
Very soon, the whole club was telling me of some purchase
他们买♥♥了我女儿创作的书
that they had made of our daughter’s creation.
于是我觉得我也该去买♥♥一本了
So I thought it was time that I bought one.
我径直去了哈查兹
So I went straight into Hatchards,
把钱放在了柜台上
put my shilling onto the counter.
如果您要 我会给您一本的
I would have given you one.
但我想像其他人那样去买♥♥
But I wanted to buy one like everyone else.
我该向你道歉 碧翠丝
Now, I owe you an apology, Beatrix.
你给我看你的书时 我只当那是乖女儿
When you showed me your books, all I saw was my little girl
拿着自己的得意画作 想要我夸赞
bringing me clever drawings for me to comment on.
你已经不小了 你是位艺术家了
You’re not a little girl anymore. You’re an artist.
真正的艺术家
The genuine article.
如果我能这么说自己 我会非常自豪
I would have been proud to use that word about myself,
如今 你让我万分自豪 碧翠丝
and now, I’m proud of you, Beatrix.
谢谢 爸爸
Thank you, Father.
所以我觉得我们没理由不能以社交聚会的方式
So I don’t see any reason why we cannot make a little social effort
把促成这桩美事的先生邀进家中
to welcome the gentleman responsible for this blessing into our home.
谢谢您 爸爸
Thank you, Father.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得这对我们都会有好处
I think it will be good for all of us.
圣诞快乐 鲁伯特
Merry Christmas, Rupert.
格莱妮丝 除非奈吉尔爵士要求别给他上
Glenys, don’t serve Sir Nigel the punch with brandy
-掺白兰地的潘趣酒 -是 太太
– unless he demands it. – Yes, madam.
晚饭后他会喝波尔图葡萄酒
And after dinner, he’ll take port.
他喝了四杯之后过来跟我打个招呼
Come and give me a little signal after he’s had four glasses.
是 太太
Yes, madam.
家里真是金碧辉煌 亲爱的 你又做到了
The house shimmers, my darling. You’ve done it again.
-晚上好 先生 -晚上好
– Good evening, sir. – Good evening.
-沃恩先生 米莉 -这太棒了
– Mr Warne, Millie, – How wonderful!
谢谢 简
Thank you, Jane.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
母亲 父亲 这两位是
Mother, Father, I would like you to meet
艾米莉亚小姐和诺曼·沃恩先生
Miss Amelia and Mr Norman Warne.
你们这么准时真是可贵啊
How charming of you to be so punctual!
喝吧 一杯有何妨
Go on, one wouldn’t hurt.
维靳好像有命令不得离开我们左右
I think Wiggin is under strict orders never to leave our side.
好热情啊
How festive!
好有趣的谈话啊
Such scintillating conversation.
是啊 阿姆斯特丹七月的天气
Oh, mine as well! The weather in Amsterdam in July.
几位女士要喝餐后咖啡吗
Could I interest you ladies in an after dinner coffee?
有几位先生想打牌
Some of the gentlemen would like to play a few hands of cards,
但三缺一
but they’re short of a fourth.
您怕是不打牌吧 沃恩先生
I don’t suppose you play whist, Mr Warne?
我这人向来不太会打牌
I’m afraid I’ve never had much aptitude for cards.
-真可惜 -我会打
– Oh, that is a pity. – I play.
是要跟奈吉尔爵士打 沃恩小姐
This is to play with Sir Nigel, Miss Warne.
他对打牌十分认真的
Sir Nigel takes his whist very seriously.
其实我打得相当好呢
I play rather well, actually.
是吗 米莉
Do you, Millie?
我想没有我你俩也有很多可聊的
Well, I’m sure you two have plenty to talk about without me,
既然他们三缺一
and if they can’t play without a fourth…
那走吧 沃恩小姐
Come along, Miss Warne.
音乐室在唱颂歌♥呢 亲爱的
Carols in the music room, my dears.
或许我可以带您去看您的圣诞礼物
Perhaps I could show you your Christmas present.
好啊
Yes.
在楼上
It’s upstairs.
我来端咖啡
I will bring the coffee.
-维靳太太 -是小姐
– Mrs Wiggin. – Miss.
维靳小姐 我在咖啡里
Miss Wiggin. I have taken the liberty of adding
加了点白兰地
a splash of brandy to our coffees.
毕竟是圣诞嘛
Well, it is Christmas.
您就在这儿画画吗 波特小姐
Is this where you paint, Miss Potter?
是的 您的圣诞礼物也在这儿
Yes, and it’s where we shall find your Christmas present.
天呐
Oh, my!
除了伯特伦和爸爸
I think, other than Bertram and Father,
您是第一个进这个房♥间的男人了
you are the first man ever to set foot in this room.
-要我走吗 -不不 有维靳在
– Would you like me to leave? – No, no, no. Wiggin is here.
如果我这把年纪就能制♥造♥出这样的丑闻
And if this is the best I can do for scandal at my age,
那真是有负我出名的创造力了
I’m hardly worthy of my reputation for creativity.
在这儿
Here.
好漂亮啊
My, but it’s beautiful!
是新故事吗
Is it the new story?
波特小姐 这是新故事吗
Miss Potter, is it the new story?
-是吗 -我就不说
– Is it? – I’m not going to tell you.
过来
Come over here.
是泥潭鸭杰迈玛
That’s Jemima Puddle-Duck.
是我画的第一幅杰迈玛 我当时好像八岁
It’s the first drawing I ever did of Jemima. I was eight, I think.
杰迈玛 别闹了
Jemima, stop that!
什么
Stop what?
就是在犯傻
Just some silliness.
-这是什么 -是音乐盒
– And what’s this? – Oh, it’s a music box.
我六岁生日时爸爸给我的
My father gave it to me for my sixth birthday.
他自己画的画
He did the painting himself.
原来令尊也是艺术家啊
So your father is an artist too?
不 他一直想画画 但家里反对

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!