for taking the time out of your very busy day.
再见 沃恩先生
Goodbye, Mr Warne.
如果你不肯接受我们对此事的建议
If you will not accept our advice in this decision,
那我们只能强迫你接受了
then we will have to impose that advice.
尊重我们的常识和意见的价值 碧翠丝
Respect our knowledge and the worth of our opinions, Beatrix.
给我走开
Get over there!
我说了我要嫁给他 就一定要嫁
I said that I’ll do it and I will.
诺曼·沃恩是个商人 碧翠丝
Norman Warne is a tradesman, Beatrix.
波特家的人不能嫁给商人
No Potter can marry into trade,
-这没得商量 -我们又算什么呢
– and that’s final. – And what are we?
父亲的财产来自爷爷兰开夏郡的印染厂
Father’s money comes from Grandfather’s printing works in Lancashire.
那就是商家啊 妈妈
A trade, Mother.
如果爷爷没去竞选议员
And if Grandfather hadn’t run for parliament,
那我们现在就还活在他工厂的阴影下
we’d still be living in the shadow of his factories.
你的财产来自外公利奇的棉花生意
Your legacy came from Grandfather Leech’s cotton trade.
我们什么时候就那么高高在上了
When did we become so high and mighty?
我们就是暴发户 妈妈 费尽心机往上爬
We’re parvenus, Mother. Social climbers.
我和你父亲绝不会赞同这桩婚事 这是为你好
Your father and I will not allow this marriage for your own good,
你没必要就为这侮辱人啊
and there is no reason to become insulting!
这不是侮辱 是事实
It’s not an insult! It’s the truth!
我们的生活充斥着自负和野心
Our lives are pretension and social aspiration.
什么爵士 夫人的
Sir this and Lady that!
诺曼·沃恩是一位富裕的绅士
Norman Warne is a gentleman of comfortable means,
他丝毫不低于我们 我要嫁给他
and not one bit beneath us, and I intend to marry him.
如果你还指望继承遗产就别想嫁给他
Not if you expect to take one penny of your inheritance!
伯特伦跟酒商的女儿私奔
You haven’t disinherited Bertram for running off
你也没剥夺他的继承权啊
with a wine merchant’s daughter.
幸好我是位出版作家 我自己能挣钱
Happily, I am a published author. I have means of my own.
讨论结束
This discussion is over.
进来吧 爸爸
Come in, Father.
为什么每次闹得不愉快她都让您来
Why is it that after any difficult situation, she always sends you?
不是你妈妈让我来的
Mama didn’t send me.
我不喜欢家里闹得这么紧张
I don’t like tension in my home.
我要解决这事
I want to resolve this matter.
没法解决 我已经拿定主意了
Well, you can’t. I’ve made my decision.
你妈妈只是为你着想 我也一样 碧翠丝
Your mother wants what is best for you, as do I, Beatrix.
冲动又不合适的婚姻终有一日
An impulsive and inappropriate marriage is something that
会让你后悔的
you would ultimately regret.
你不想我结婚离家
You can’t allow me to marry and leave.
伯特伦已经搬走了 谁来照顾你们啊
With Bertram moved away, who would take care of you?
你总不会认为我们会为了留个保姆在家
You surely do not think we would deny you happiness
就不许你得到幸福吧
just simply because we needed a nursemaid?
这话简直是捅进我心里的刀子
That is a knife in my heart.
那究竟是为什么 爸爸 我真的不懂
Well, then, what is it, Father, because I cannot understand.
别把我们当做坏人 碧翠丝
You cannot make us the villains, Beatrix.
你妈妈带来了那么多合适的追求者
Your mother trotted out countless suitors all of them acceptable.
-却都被你拒绝了 -这我知道 爸爸
– You rejected every one of them. – I know that, Father.
我不想做个傻女人 随随便便嫁个
I didn’t want to be a silly woman marrying a man simply
“合适”的男人 或是找个足够有钱能照顾我的人
because he was acceptable, or rich enough to take care of me.
但这样的话 我就不配得到爱情了吗
But does that mean that I’m never to be loved?
爸爸
Father?
维靳 请在这儿等我
Wiggin, wait here, please.
我想问一下我的版税收入 考珀斯维特先生
I’d like to enquire about my royalty earnings, Mr Copperthwaite.
还有我今后是否有能力在乡下
And whether I might, at some stage, afford a house of my own
买♥♥套房♥子
in the country.
您的钱都够买♥♥庄园了
You have enough to buy an estate.
购买♥♥好几座了 还能在城里买♥♥♥房♥♥
Several estates, and a house in town.
您现在很有钱了 波特小姐
You’re quite a wealthy woman, Miss Potter.
真的吗
Am I truly?
是的 收入已经逐步平稳下来
Yes, the income has become quite regular.
如果您的财产继续增长
If your fortune continues to grow,
您下半辈子都不愁吃穿了
you should have no financial worries for the rest of your life.
太好了
Extraordinary.
碧翠丝
Beatrix.
碧翠丝 过来坐下
Beatrix, come and sit with us, please.
-还是算了 爸爸 -我们有事跟你谈
– I’d rather not, Father. – We have something to discuss.
我们有个提议
A proposition.
还有 碧翠丝
And, for heaven’s sake, Beatrix.
让仆人替你端盘子吧
Let the servants carry your dishes.
谢谢
Thank you.
-喝茶吗 -不了 谢谢
– Tea? – No, thank you.
别傻了 你总喝茶的
Nonsense. You always take tea.
与你的想法和激烈表达出的看法不同
Contrary to what you think and what you have so vehemently expressed,
你妈妈和我希望你能幸福
your mama and I want you to be happy.
我们只是怀疑这桩婚事是否能让你幸福
We simply doubt that this marriage will do the trick.
海伦 别说了 坐下吧 碧翠丝
Helen, please. Sit down, Beatrix.
我们只是不希望你冲动行事
What we don’t want is for you to rush into something
事后又觉得后悔
which you may later wish to reconsider.
我不会后悔的
I won’t want to reconsider.
-我们不信 -海伦 别说了
– We are not convinced. – Helen, please.
我们的确不信 但我们也不是铁石心肠
We are not convinced. Yet, neither have we hearts of stone.
因此 我们提出这个建议
Therefore, this is what we propose.
你可以接受沃恩先生的求婚
You may accept Mr. Warne,
但必须要完全保密 对他的家人也是
but it must remain a complete secret even from his own family.
这个夏天 你 你妈妈和我
Now, this summer, yourself, Mama and I will go,
还会像以往一样 去湖区避暑
as always, to the Lake District.
如果等夏天结束 你还想嫁给他
If, at the end of the summer, you still wish to proceed,
到时 我们就会宣布你们的订婚
then we will announce your engagement
我们也会祝福你们的结合
and you can marry with our blessing and our love.
为什么不能让人知道
Why must no one know?
这样你改主意时也不会太丢人了
So there’ll be no public embarrassment when you change.
-如果 如果你改主意 -如果…
– If, If you change your mind. – If.
碧翠丝 如果你真如你所说的那么爱这个男人
Now, Beatrix, if you care for this man as much as you say you do,
那么过几个月激♥情♥也不会减退
then in a few months the ardour will still be there.
但如果你妈妈和我说对了
If your mother, and I, are correct,
你们的感情随时间褪色了
and this emotion cools with time,
那我们就保护了你 让你避免了羞辱和心碎
then we will have protected you against humiliation and unhappiness.
-不会褪色的 -碧翠丝 听我说
– It will not cool. – Beatrix, listen to me.
你这个年纪的女人 一定要小心考虑…
A woman at your age must consider very carefully…
妈妈 对我这年纪的女人来说 唯一的事实
Mother, the only thing true at my age is that at my age,
就是每天都很重要
every day matters.
好吧 妈妈 爸爸 我接受你们的条件
Very well, Mother, Father, I accept your terms.
反正诺曼和我大概也会想等等
Norman and I may decide to wait in any case.
但你们开始计划吧
But make plans.
到十月 这家里就要举♥行♥一场婚礼了
There will be a wedding in this house by October.
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
真美啊
They’re beautiful.
刚 到
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
蒂姬·温克尔太太的故事
哪节车厢 鲁伯特
Which carriage, Rupert?
桑德斯
Saunders?
往前走四个车厢 这边走
Four carriages down. This way.
去温德米尔湖的波特一家的行李
This is the Potters’ for Windermere.
好嘞 先生
Right you are, sir.
-给 -还有这两个
– Here. – And those two.
碧翠丝
Beatrix!
沃恩先生
Mr. Warne!
真是抱歉
Oh, I do apologise.
-波特小姐 -沃恩先生
– Miss Potter! – Mr. Warne!
我都担心你不会来了
I was beginning to fear you wouldn’t come.
你都湿透了
You’re soaked.
我出办公室时还没下雨呢
It wasn’t raining when I left the office.
我给你带来了新书的校样 好让你路上看
I brought you the proof of the new book for your trip.
-你会感冒的 -我不想错过跟你道别
– Oh, you’ll catch cold. – I couldn’t miss seeing you off.
你知道什么都阻止不了我
You know nothing would stop me.
这会是我度过的最漫长的夏天
This is going to be the longest summer I’ve ever spent.
-只是一个夏天而已 -是啊
– It’s only the summer. That’s all. – Yes.
这次不是为了我们 是为你父母
And this time is not for us. It’s for your parents.
他们怎么会了解我们的感受 他们从未有过
How can they know what we’re feeling? They’ve never felt it.
是啊
No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!