– Well, I shan’t. I shall draw. – Oh, those silly drawings.
那谁来爱你啊
Then who will love you?
我的画 和我的动物 我不需要别人的爱了
My art and my animals. I won’t need more love than that.
十一岁时或许会这么想
Perhaps not at 11,
等你十八岁时看看你是不是还这么想吧
but let’s see if you still feel the same way at 18.
我跟你妈妈初遇时我就画了她 随后她嫁给了我
I drew Mama when we first met and she married me.
菲奥娜 泥是能洗掉的吧
And, Fiona, doesn’t mud wash off?
伯特伦 过来
Bertram, come along.
死吧 你个小坏蛋
Die, you little devil!
好了 就连白马王子也无法抗拒
Right. Prince Charming himself couldn’t resist
这么漂亮的小姑娘呢
such a bonny, wee girl.
德古拉原型人物
但他绝对会被我弟弟”穿刺王弗拉德”吓跑
Not when he meets my brother, Vlad the Impaler.
-钉住你了 -上♥床♥吧 小捣蛋鬼们
– Got you! – Bedtime my young reprobates.
我要开着窗还是…
Now, shall I leave a window open, or?
不要 我不喜欢仙子兽
No! I don’t like fairy beasts.
众所周知 仙子兽从来不吃
Well, it is a well-known fact that fairy beasts never eat a child
好好躺在床上的小孩
when he’s tucked up in his own bed.
仙子在北国待了几百年了
The fairies have been in the north country for hundreds of years,
经历了无数冒险
and have had many adventures.
我跟你们讲过千变小孩的故事吗
I told you about you a changingly child?
没有
No.
讲过好几次了
Yes, several times.
我还想听嘛
I want to hear it.
讲吧 菲奥娜 我会给自己讲个故事
Oh, go ahead, Fiona. I’ll tell myself a story.
好吧
Right.
很久以前 有个国王和王后
Once upon a time, there was a king and a queen.
很久以前 有四只小兔子
Once upon a time, there were four little rabbits.
他们叫…大耳朵 毛毛球
Their names were… Flopsy, Mopsy…
棉尾巴和彼得
Cotton-tail and Peter.
一天早上 兔子妈妈说 亲爱的孩子们
‘Now, my dears, said old Mrs Rabbit one morning,
彼得兔的故事
你们可以去田地里 或者上马路
‘you may go into the fields or down the lane,
但千万别去麦格雷戈先生的花♥园♥
‘but don’t go into Mr McGregor’s garden.’
为什么啊 妈妈
‘Why not, Mother?’
因为你们的爸爸在那儿出了事
‘Because your father had an accident there.
他被麦格雷戈太太做进一块馅饼里了
He was put in a pie by Mrs McGregor.’
而淘气的彼得 就径直奔去了
Peter, who was very naughty, ran straightaway
麦格雷戈先生的花♥园♥
to Mr McGregor’s garden…
从大门下面钻了进去
…and squeezed under the gate.
我很喜欢
I like it.
可在黄瓜架尽头旁边
But round the end of the cucumber frame,
他偏偏就碰上了麦格雷戈先生
whom should he meet, but Mr McGregor!
彼得简直喘不上气 吓得直发抖
Peter was out of breath and trembling with fright,
他完全不知道该往哪去
and he had not the least idea which way to go.
太模糊了
It’s muddy, actually.
再试一次 莫蒂默先生 稍亮点
One more, Mr Mortimer. Lighten it up.
麦格雷戈先生在拐角处看到了他
Mr McGregor caught sight of him at the corner,
彼得却不在乎
but Peter did not care.
他从门下面溜走 终于跑进外面的树林
He slipped underneath the gate and was safe at last
安全了
in the wood outside.
还不太对 看这里 还是有点…
Not quite. See here? It’s still a bit…
彼得回家后 他妈妈让他上♥床♥睡觉去
When Peter came home his mother put him to bed
只给他喝了一勺甘菊茶
with a tablespoonful of camomile tea.
而大耳朵 毛毛球 棉尾巴
But Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-tail
晚餐则吃了面包 黑莓 还喝了牛奶
had bread and milk and blackberries for supper.
彼得兔的故事
碧翠丝·波特著
这本书 改变了我的人生 沃恩先生
This book, it’s changed things for me, Mr Warne.
怎么说
How so?
其一 这向我母亲证明了
For one thing, it’s given me the chance to prove to my mother that
三十二岁的未婚女人能做的不只是参加茶会
an unmarried woman of 32 can do more than attend tea parties and
-在无聊的谈话中微笑 -可不是嘛
– smile at dull conversations. – Yes, indeed.
我家里也不希望我涉足出版业
You know, my family never wanted me to get into publishing either.
我们真是个好团队 不是吗
We do make rather a good team, don’t you think?
当然 如果我们能证明他们错了
Provided, of course, we prove them wrong.
妈妈 这位是波特小姐
Mother, this is Miss Potter.
我们这些被遗忘在贝德福德广场的可怜人
At last, we poor forgotten folk in Bedford Square
终于得以一见让诺曼激动不已的人了
get to share some of Norman’s excitement.
沃恩太太 多谢您邀请我
Mrs Warne, it’s so kind of you to invite me.
哪里 这只是一个快要忘记儿子模样的女人
Nonsense. It was the desperate act of a woman who was beginning
-没办法的办法而已 -妈妈
– to forget what her son looked like. – Mother!
这位是我姐姐 艾米莉亚
And this is my sister, Amelia.
你好
Hello.
诺曼让我们偷偷看了一眼彼得兔 波特小姐
Norman allowed us a peek at Peter Rabbit, Miss Potter.
我们觉得他可爱极了 于是百般哄骗他
We found it utterly charming. So we wheedled, cajoled,
坚持要诺曼带你过来喝茶
and absolutely insisted that Norman bring you round for tea.
我已经决定我们要做朋友了
I have decided that you and I are going to be friends.
是嘛
Have you?
诺曼说你还没结婚 我也是
Well, Norman tells me that you’re unmarried, as am I,
而且你并不为此发愁
and that you’re not unhappy about it.
你简直不知道这有多让我高兴
And I can’t tell you how much that pleases me.
你为什么不能像其他女孩那样谈谈天气呢
Why can’t you talk about the weather like other girls?
我们圈子里其他的未婚女孩
Well, all the other unmarried daughters in our circle,
相信我 有不少呢 她们整日就是闲坐着
and, believe me, there are many they sit around all day,
聊聊八卦 莫名其妙地就大哭起来
gossiping and unaccountably bursting into tears.
但你却有所作为 你写了本书
But you have done something. You’ve written a book.
我警告你 我可要非常喜欢你了
I warn you, I am prepared to like you very much.
这样的话 那我也要喜欢你了 沃恩小姐
Well, in that case, I shall have to like you too, Miss Warne.
叫我米莉
Call me Millie,
我也不会再喊你波特小姐了
and that’s to be the last of Miss Potter too, I’m afraid.
没问题 叫我碧翠丝吧
Absolutely. Beatrix, by all means.
谢天谢地 茶可来了
Thank goodness, the tea!
你们这么和气 我都要不舒服了
I’m beginning to feel quite ill with all this bonhomie.
我们去花♥园♥喝茶吧 妈妈
Oh, do let’s have tea in the garden, Mother.
天气这么好 怎么能不与鲜花相伴
It’s too beautiful a day in every way not to share it with the flowers.
我喜欢园艺 妈妈不看好
Well, I love to garden. Mother disapproves,
但我就是喜欢 我就是特别喜欢花
but I can’t help myself. I love flowers shockingly.
所以你手糙得像菜贩
That’s why you have the hands of a greengrocer.
才没有呢
I do not!
幸好诺曼有时候肯来给我读书
Thank heavens Norman sometimes deigns to read to me.
如果我想指望你陪着我
If I had to rely on you for companionship,
我一定要死于孤独了
I should expire of loneliness.
波特小姐 我妈妈喜欢的书
My mother’s taste in books, Miss Potter, and, I’m afraid,
大都是…夸张煽情的
in life, runs to the er… melodramatic.
哪有
Oh, nonsense.
我就喜欢英国传记文学 这你很清楚的
I like good English biographies and you know it.
我最讨厌那些言情的了 就像你哥哥出版的那种
I loathe silly romances, such as the ones your brothers publish.
两个哥哥和我 妈妈
My brothers and I, Mother.
我现在也是公♥司♥的一员了
I am part of the firm now too, you know.
你这样善良的孩子不该去工作
A sweet-natured boy like you does not need to work.
你两个哥哥就能养活我们了
Your brothers provide quite well for all of us,
我需要你笑呵呵地在这儿陪我
and I need your smile here.
不过谁会在乎一个坐轮椅的怪老太太的想法
But then, no-one listens to a crotchety old lady in a wheelchair.
可不是嘛 妈妈
Indeed they don’t, Mother.
我妈妈虽然怪 波特小姐
My mother may be crotchety, Miss Potter,
但她很会欣赏美丽的事物
but she does have an eye for beautiful things.
她十分喜欢您的画
She was fascinated by your drawings.
真是太特别了
Utterly unique.
我要是看到什么不寻常的东西
Well, when I see something unusual,
我不想单单是看
I’m not content just to look at it.
我必须把它画下来
I must capture it.
去年夏天 在农场里 我正在画一样
Last summer, in the farmyard, I was drawing something
在阳光下看起来很可爱的东西
that was quite lovely in the sun,
然后突然意识到 那居然是猪的泔水桶
and suddenly, I realised I was drawing the pigs’ swill bucket.
真是被自己笑死了
I had to laugh at myself.
我有点冷 诺曼 能送我进去吗
I feel a bit of a chill, Norman. Can you take me inside?
-好的 -我先走了
– Of course. – Please excuse me.
见到你真是高兴 波特小姐
It was delightful meeting you, Miss Potter.
我也是
And you.
多留一会儿 教教米莉规矩
Do stay longer, and teach Millie how to behave.
我觉得她是喜欢你
I think that means she likes you.
她刚刚说她喜欢画泔水桶吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!