为他们等三个月又何妨
We can afford them this three months.
我想是吧
I suppose.
我想象中与你的道别可不是这样的
This is not how I wish to say goodbye to you.
再见 波特小姐 期待你尽快回来
Goodbye, Miss Potter. I look forward to your speedy return.
我也是 沃恩先生
As do I, Mr. Warne.
-快来 走吧 -嗯
– Quickly. Here. – Yes.
再见 波特小姐
Goodbye, Miss Potter.
再见 沃恩先生
Goodbye, Mr. Warne.
再见 诺曼
Goodbye, Norman.
我亲爱的诺曼
My dear, dear Norman,
我们被迫的分隔绝对是疯狂的
this absurd forced separation is surely a kind of madness,
我妈妈显然是疯了
most notably, that of my mother,
但亲爱的 你也在这儿陪着我
but you are here, my dear, for me.
不知为何 因为想着你
The beauty of this place seems magnified
这里的美丽似乎被放大了
somehow, with you in my mind.
我偶尔感到孤独时
In my occasional lonely moments,
我会想象我们之间的对话
I imagine conversations between us,
昨天 我对你抒发爱意时 吓到了一只鸭子
and yesterday startled a duck with my declaration of love for you.
我的心思都在你身上 亲爱的
All of my thoughts are with you, my darling.
我知道你觉得哈罗德和付殷很无聊
I know that you find Harold and Fruing terribly boring,
但事实上 我跟他们的共事简直可以说
but, in fact, I’m having what I could almost describe
是愉快极了
as wild enjoyment working with them.
有一日你醒来 会突然发现自己嫁了个商人呢
You may wake up, one day, to find yourself married to a businessman.
期待我能在你身边醒来的那一天
Praise the day when I can wake up to find you beside me.
日落的时候 我乘小船去了湖上
I took one of the boats out onto the lake at sunset
看水鸡进食
to watch the water hens feeding.
他们会发出类似亲吻的声音
They made noises like kissing.
我闭上眼睛 想着你的样子
I closed my eyes and pictured you.
我现在更喜欢我的心了
I find I love my heart more now,
因为我知道 你就住在那里
because that is where I know I can find you.
艾米莉亚让我转达爱意
Amelia sends her fond love
希望我们能再聚到一起
and wishes for us all to be together again,
我也万分希望能与你重聚
as do I, multiplied a hundredfold.
山顶农场
待售
先生 山顶农场
Sir… Hill Top Farm.
我想问下 还在运作吗
May I ask, is it a working farm?
是啊 又一座大农场垮了
Aye. Another great one falls,
这一个真叫人心碎
but this one breaks your heart.
是吗 为什么
Really? Why?
想表达我有多遗憾 我得是个诗人才行
Now, miss, a body would have to be a poet,
可惜我不是
which I certainly am not.
抱歉 但我真觉得我认识你
Excuse me, but I’d swear you were someone I once knew.
天呐 威利·希尔斯
Good heavens, Willie Heelis!
碧翠丝小姐…波特小姐
Miss Beatrix! Miss Potter!
-真是你吗 -见到您太好了
– Is that you? – How good to see you!
你好啊
Well, hello!
看来你放弃法律了
I see you’ve given up on the law.
决定要做个更诚实的行当吗
Have you decided to make an honest living?
法律啊 不尽然
Ah, yes, the law. Well, not exactly. No, no.
乡村律师可得多才多艺啊
A country solicitor needs to be proficient in many skills.
当然
Of course.
而且能时不时离开办公室对我也有好处
And it suits me to be out of the office now and again.
如果您有时间 我可以带您去看看山顶农场
Now, I could show you Hill Top, if you have the time.
好啊 我现在多得是时间
Yes. Yes. Time is exactly what I have.
太好了
Good.
-样子不差吧 波特小姐 -简直太美了
– Not a bad outlook, Miss Potter. – It’s sublime.
今天我偶然碰到一位老友
By chance, I met an old friend today
他带我去看了一座漂亮的待售农场
who showed me a beautiful farm that’s for sale.
那里会是非常合适的乡下别♥墅♥
It would be a perfect country home,
虽然我知道我们多数时间会住在城里
and though I know we’ll live mainly in the city
但我还是很想带你去看看我钟爱的地方
I’m very keen to share my favourite places with you.
信已经来了
The post has arrived and,
但又没有你的沃恩先生的信
once again, no letter from your Mr. Warne.
我现在可以抱点希望了吗
Is it time for me to start getting just a little hopeful?
他说过他可能要出去几天度假
He did mention he might take a few days’ holiday.
他去的地方肯定寄信比较慢
The post is no doubt slow from wherever he’s gone.
是啊
Indeed.
但似乎有一封
But there is something
是他那个有趣的姐姐来的
that appears to be from that interesting sister of his.
米莉 太好了
Millie? How delightful!
我先去了
Excuse me.
诺曼病了
Norman is ill.
-我是碧翠丝·波特 -请进吧 小姐
– I’m Beatrix Potter. – Please come in, miss.
-波特小姐 -您好
– Ah, Miss Potter. – Hello.
-请进吧 -谢谢
– Please, come in. – Thank you.
-我一接到消息就赶来了 -您真是太周到了
– I came as soon as I heard. – Yes. It’s very kind of you.
真是太周到了
Very, very kind indeed.
他怎么样了
How is he?
碧翠丝
Beatrix.
米莉
Millie?
米莉
Millie?
我来迟了
I’m too late.
他本来那么开心
He was so happy.
老是唱歌♥
He sang songs.
要我跟他在客厅里跳舞
He made me dance with him in the parlour.
他总是笑 大家都注意到了他的变化
He laughed all the time, everyone noticed the change in him.
但只有我知道是怎么回事
Only I knew the reason.
但整个夏天他一直咳嗽 后来越来越严重
But all summer, he had a cough, and then the cough got worse,
有一晚 他就走了
and in one night, he was gone.
太突然了 我一直想着这不是真的
It was so sudden. I keep thinking that it hasn’t happened.
我总觉得还能在花♥园♥看见他
I keep expecting to see him in the garden.
葬礼是什么时候
When’s the funeral?
是昨天
It was yesterday.
只邀请了亲属
It was only the immediate family, and I…
我想不出要怎么说服他们为你推后
Well, I couldn’t think of a reason to ask them to delay it for you.
多谢您如此周到 前来表示哀悼 波特小姐
It was considerate of you to come and pay your respects, Miss Potter.
我们母亲尤其感动
Our mother is particularly moved,
她表示遗憾 她不太舒服 不能下来见您
and is sorry she isn’t well enough to come down to greet you.
我将会接管弟弟的生意事宜 波特小姐
I’ll be taking over our late brother’s business affairs, Miss Potter.
好的
Fine.
我想向您保证费·沃恩出版社
I want to assure you that F Warne and company
会竭尽全力
will do everything in its power
将我们家族这一可怕的损失
to ensure that our tragic loss causes you
给您带来的不便降至最小
the least possible inconvenience.
我们整个家庭都感激您的前来
Please accept the gratitude of the entire family.
-他们是要我走 -真抱歉
– They want me to go. – I’m sorry.
碧翠丝小姐 您怎么回伦敦了
Miss Beatrix! What are you doing in London?
-出什么事了吗 -有个朋友过世了
– Is something wrong? – A friend died.
真遗憾 小姐
I’m sorry, miss.
她是您的密友吗
Was she a close friend?
碧翠丝小姐
Miss Beatrix?
碧翠丝小姐
Miss Beatrix?
那我把您的晚餐放在门外了
I’ll leave your dinner outside the door, then, miss.
波特小姐 桑德斯来接您去车站了
Saunders is here, Miss Potter, to take you to the station.
我不回湖区
I shan’t be going back to the Lakes.
您要什么吗
Can I get you anything, then?
不用 希尔达
Nothing, Hilda.
好吧 波特小姐
Very well, Miss Potter.
碧翠丝 是米莉
Beatrix, it’s Millie.
我知道我是不请自来 但我写的字条都退回来了
Look, I know I’m unannounced, but they sent back all my messages.
求你 让我进去吧
Please, please, please, let me in.
得带你离开这儿 走吧
We’ve got to get you out of here. Come on.
走吧
Come on.
洗漱一下 换件衣服 然后离开这儿
Let’s get you washed and dressed and out of this room.
去找件衣服
Go and find something to wear.
我做不到
I can’t.
米莉
Millie!
我做不到
I can’t!
我一直在责怪自己
I’ve been torturing myself.
我就不该鼓励你跟诺曼在一起
I should never have encouraged you with Norman.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!