“父亲,听凭您作主”
“Father, as it please you.”
话虽如此,堂妹 他一定得要仪表堂堂
And yet for all that, cousin, let him be a handsome fellow,
否则就再曲膝行礼说:
or else make another curtsy
“父亲,让我自己作主吧”
and say, “Father, as it please me.”
好,侄女,希望能看到你 找到如意郎君
Well, niece, I hope to see you one day fitted with a husband.
那要等上帝不用泥 而用金属重造男人
Not till God make men of some other metal than earth.
小姐,愿和朋友散散步吗?
Lady, will you walk about with your friend?
希望你喜欢我
Well, I would you did like me.
为你好,还是不要吧 因为我缺点很多
So would not I, for your own sake, for I have many ill-qualities.
什么缺点?
Hmm. Which is one?
我说祈祷词声音很大
I say my prayers aloud.
我更爱你了 听者可以高呼:”阿门”
I love you the better, the hearers may cry, “Amen.”
上帝,给我个好舞伴吧
God, match me with a good dancer.
不愿说是谁告诉你的吗?
Will you not tell me who told you so?
不行,请你原谅
No, you shall pardon me.
也不愿说你是谁?
Nor will you tell me who you are?
现在还不行
Not now.
说我目中无人
That I was disdainful,
说我的俏皮话 都是从《笑话百篇》中学来的…
and that I had my good wit out of the Hundred Merry Tales..
这话肯定是班尼迪克先生说的
Well, this was Signior Benedick that said so.
他是谁?
What’s he?
你肯定和他非常熟
I’m sure you know him well enough.
请相信,我不认识他
Not I, believe me.
他没有把你逗笑过?
Did he never make you laugh?
请告诉我,他是谁?
I pray you, what is he?
他是亲王手下逗笑的小丑
Why, he is the prince’s jester.
极无聊的傻瓜
A very dull fool,
唯一本领就是捏造无稽谣言
only his gift is in devising impossible slanders.
除了浪荡子外没人喜欢他
None but libertines delight in him,
他们欣赏的不是他的机智 而是他的邪恶
and his commendation is not in his wit, but in his villainy,
即逗他们笑,又惹他们生气
for he both pleases men and angers them,
所以他们即笑他又打他
and then they laugh at him and beat him.
他肯定在人群中
I’m sure he’s in the fleet.
希望他会碰到我
I would he had boarded me.
等认识这位先生 我会把你的话告诉他
When I know the gentleman, I’ll tell him what you say.
好,请务必转告
Do, do.
他只会用不伦不类的比喻取笑我
He’ll but break a comparison or two on me, which, peradventure not marked
如果没人注意 没人发笑,他会郁闷的
and not laughed at, sends him into melancholy,
一只松鸡翅膀可以省下 因为那傻瓜会一晚吃不下饭
and then there’s a partridge wing saved, for the fool will eat no supper that night.
咱们得跟着领舞的人
We must follow the leaders.
所有好事都应如此
In every good thing.
不,如果他们领错了 下个转身我就离开
Nay, if they lead to any ill, I will leave them at the next turning.
你不是班尼迪克先生吗?
Are not you Signior Benedick?
你和我很熟,我就是
You know me well, I am he.
先生,你和我 坠入爱河的兄弟关系很近
Signior, you are very near my brother in his love.
他深深迷恋上了希罗
He is enamored on Hero.
请你劝他离开吧
I pray you, dissuade him from her.
她配不上他的门第
She is no equal for his birth.
你这样做是尽朋友本分
You may do the part of an honest man in it.
你怎么知道他爱她?
How know you he loves her?
我听见他明确表示爱慕之情
I heard him swear his affection.
我也听见了
So did I too,
他今晚发誓说要娶她
and he swore he would marry her to-night.
走吧,都去喝酒吧
Come, let us to the banquet.
确实这样,亲王在为自己求婚
‘Tis certain so, the prince woos for himself.
友谊在所有事上都忠诚不二
Friendship is constant in all other things
但在执政和爱情方面除外
save in the offices and affairs of love,
美貌是女巫,她的魔力 会让忠诚化为情欲
for beauty is a witch against whose charms faith melteth into blood.
克罗迪奥伯爵?
Count Claudio?
是我
Yea, the same.
来,跟我走 亲王已夺走你的希罗
Come, go with me. The prince hath got your Hero.
那就希望他们快乐
I wish him joy of her.
你认为亲王真会那样对你?
Did you think the prince would have used you thus?
请让我单独待会儿
I pray you, leave me.
嚯!你怎么像瞎子样乱打
Ho! Now you strike like the blind man.
孩子偷了你的肉,你却打树桩
‘Twas the boy that stole your meat, and you will beat the post.
如果你不走,我走
If it will not be, I’ll leave you.
唉,可怜的受伤小鸟
Alas, poor hurt fowl.
他要钻进芦苇丛
Now will he creep into sedges.
可我的碧翠丝小姐
But that my Lady Beatrice
应该认识我,却没认出我
should know me, and not know me.
说我是亲王的小丑?
The prince’s fool?
也许因我爱说笑 所以有那样的名头
It may be I go under that title because I am merry.
但我不能看轻自己 我的名声不是那样
Yea, but so I am apt to do myself wrong, I am not so reputed.
这话不太好听 但一定是碧翠丝尖酸刻薄
It is the base, though bitter, disposition of Beatrice
把她的话当成世人意见来诽谤我
that puts the world into her person and so gives me out.
好,我定要设法复仇
Well, I will be revenged as I may.
先生,伯爵在哪儿? 你看见他了吗?
Now, signior, where’s the count? Did you see him?
不瞒你说,大人,我看见他 像猎场小屋般忧郁孤独
Troth, my lord, I found him as melancholy as a lodge in a warren.
我想我说的是实情,我告诉他
I told him, and I think I told him true,
你已经得到那位年轻小姐的芳心
that your grace had got the good will of this young lady here.
碧翠丝小姐很生你的气
The Lady Beatrice hath a quarrel to you.
和她跳舞的那位先生
The gentleman that danced with her
跟她说了你许多坏话
told her she is much wronged by you.
她对我的侮辱连顽石都无法忍♥受!
O, she misused me past the endurance of a block!
她不知道在她面前的是我
She told me, not thinking I had been myself,
说我是亲王的小丑
that I was the prince’s jester.
说我比解冻时的泥巴还烂
That I was duller than a great thaw,
她将讥讽源源不断加在我身上
huddling jest upon jest with such impossible conveyance
我好像站在箭垛旁 全军对着我万箭齐发
that I stood like a man at a mark, with a whole army shooting at me.
她的话语像匕♥首♥,字字句句刺痛人
She speaks poniards, and every word stabs.
如果她呼气如说话般恶毒
If her breath were as terrible as her terminations,
她的周围将没有活物
there would be no living near her.
她的毒气会熏到北极星
She would infect to the north star.
就算把亚当堕落前 拥有的一切都给她陪嫁
I would not marry her, though she were endowed with all that
我也不会娶她
Adam had left him before he transgressed.
算了,不提她了
Come, talk not of her.
愿上帝派位懂魔咒的学者降伏她
I would to God some scholar would conjure her.
因为只要她在这儿
For certainly, while she is here,
一切混乱、恐怖、纷扰 都会随她而来
all disquiet, horror, and perturbation follows her.
看,她来了
Look, here she comes.
有什么事派我去天涯海角吗?
Will your grace command me any service to the world’s end?
我愿去世界尽头
I will go on the slightest errand now
完成你派给我的最琐碎任务
to the Antipodes that you can devise to send me on.
我愿去最遥远的亚洲
I will fetch you a tooth-picker
为你取回一根牙签
from the furthest inch of Asia,
带回一根蒙古可汗的胡子
bring you a hair off the great Cham’s beard,
或到侏儒国办任何事
do you any embassage to the Pigmies
也不愿和这妖精说三言两语
rather than hold three words’ conference with this harpy.
没有事派我做吗?
You have no employment for me?
没有,只要你陪着我
None, but to desire your good company.
哦,天啊,这真是强人所难
O God, sir, here is a dish I love not.
我无法忍♥受这位毒舌小姐
I cannot endure my Lady Tongue.
来,小姐,来
Come, lady, come.
你已失去班尼迪克先生的心
You have lost the heart of Signior Benedick.
是的,亲王
Indeed, my lord,
他曾借给我一段时间 我连利息以二顶一双倍还给了他
he lent it me awhile, and I gave him use for it, a double heart for his single one.
他曾以骰子作弊赢得过我的心
Marry, once before he won it of me with false dice,
所以你也可以说我输掉了它
therefore your grace may well say I have lost it.
可你已经压倒他了 小姐,压倒了他
But you have put him down, lady, you have put him down.
所以我不能让他压倒我,殿下
So I would not he should do me, my lord,
否则我将变成傻小子的妈
lest I should prove the mother of fools.
你让我找克罗迪奥伯爵 我把他带来了
I have brought Count Claudio, whom you sent me to seek.
怎么了,克罗迪奥?为什么忧愁?
Why, how now, Claudio! Wherefore are you sad?
没有忧愁,殿下 – 怎么了?病了?
Not sad, my lord. How then? Sick?
也没有生病,殿下
Neither, my lord.
伯爵即不忧愁,也不高兴 即没生病,也不健康
The count is neither sad, nor sick, nor merry, nor well,
只是庄严的伯爵庄严得像橘子
but civil count, civil as an orange,
脸上带着一些嫉妒的橘红色
and something of that jealous complexion.
小姐,你对他的形容很对 可我发誓
I’ faith, lady, I think your blazon to be true, though, I’ll be sworn,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!