当然行,要看亲王自己愿不愿意
Marry, not without the prince be willing.
因为巡警不能得罪人
For, indeed, the watch ought to offend no man,
让不愿意站住的人站住 就是得罪人
and it is an offense to stay a man against his will.
这样说很有道理
By’r lady, I think it be so.
好啦,诸位,晚安
Well, masters, good night.
有什么要紧事 可以叫醒我,再见啦
An there be any matter of weight chances, call up me. Adieu.
请大家都留点儿心
Be vigitant, I beseech you.
好,弟兄们,任务都听到了
Well, masters, we hear our charge.
我们去坐到教堂的凳子上
Let us go sit upon the church-bench
等到两点钟,然后睡大觉
till 2:00, and then all to bed.
喂,康拉德!
What Conrade!
别出声!
Peace!
别动
Stir not.
我说,康拉德!
Conrade, I say!
这儿呢,就在你身旁
Here, man, I am at thy elbow.
难怪我身上痒
Mass, and my elbow itched,
原来身边有个癞疥疮
I thought there would a scab follow.
我早晚会找你算账 现在快讲你的故事
I will owe thee an answer for that. Now forward with thy tale.
那你站近一点
Stand thee close, then,
我要像醉鬼一样 什么话都对你讲
and I will, like a true drunkard, utter all to thee.
弟兄们,一定有什么阴谋
Some treason, masters.
都躲着别动
Yet stand close.
告诉你,我从唐·约翰那 赚到一千金币
Therefore know I have earned of Don John a thousand ducats.
干一件坏事能赚这么多钱?
Is it possible that any villainy should be so dear?
我今夜向希罗小姐的女仆 玛格丽特求了婚
I have to-night wooed Margaret, the Lady Hero’s gentlewoman,
我叫她希罗
by the name of Hero.
她从小姐房♥间的窗户探出身
She leans me out at her mistress’ chamber-window,
向我说了一千遍再见
bids me a thousand times good night.
我这故事没讲好
I tell this tale vilely.
应该先告诉你,亲王和克罗迪奥
I should first tell thee how the prince and Claudio,
由我主人唐·约翰安排
planted and placed by my master Don John,
在花♥园♥里远远观看
saw afar off in the orchard
这场亲密幽会
this amiable encounter.
他们以为玛格丽特是希罗?
And thought they Margaret was Hero?
亲王和克罗迪奥这样以为
Two of them did, the prince and Claudio,
可我那恶魔主人知道是女仆
but the devil my master knew she was Margaret,
一来我主人赌咒发誓 二来夜色昏暗
and partly by his oaths and partly by the dark night,
但主要还是我的恶行
but chiefly by my villainy,
使克罗迪奥盛怒而去
away went Claudio enraged,
发誓明早如约见她 说出他夜里看到的事
swore he would meet her next morning and there, before the whole congregation,
让她在教堂的大众面前出丑
shame her with what he saw o’er night,
回家去仍旧做一个 没有丈夫的女人
send her home again without a husband.
我们以亲王的名义命令你站住!
We charge you, in the prince’s name, stand!
叫醒警官老爷
Call up the right master constable.
我们破获一起全国有史以来 最危险的奸♥淫♥案
We have here recovered the most dangerous piece of lechery that ever was known in the commonwealth.
弟兄们,弟兄们…
Masters. Masters…
别说话
Never speak.
我们命令你们,跟我们一起走
We charge you let us obey you to go with us.
我觉得你穿那件更好看
Troth, I think your other gown were better.
求你了,好玛格,我要穿这件
No, pray thee, good Meg, I’ll wear this.
这件真没有那件好 你堂妹保证也会这么说
By my troth, ‘s not so good, and I warrant your cousin will say so.
我堂妹是傻瓜,你也是
My cousin’s a fool. Thou art another.
我要穿这件
I’ll wear none but this.
早上好,堂妹
Good morrow, coz.
早上好,亲爱的希罗
Good morrow, sweet Hero.
怎么了?你怎么说话声音不对?
Why how now? Do you speak in the sick tune?
嗯,我无法用别的声音说话
Mmm. I am all out of other tune, methinks.
快五点了,你该装扮起来
It is almost 5:00, ’tis time you were ready.
我真的感觉好难受
By my troth, I am exceedingly ill.
因为鹰?因为马? 还是因为丈夫?
Heigh-ho. For a hawk, a horse, or a husband?
这手套是伯爵送我的 熏了上好的香味
These gloves the count sent me, they’re an excellent perfume.
我的鼻子塞住了,堂姐,闻不见
I am stuffed, cousin, I cannot smell.
好一位鼻子塞住的小姐! 今年的伤风真厉害
A maid, and stuffed! There’s goodly catching of cold.
我真的病了
By my troth, I am sick.
你的病得用班尼迪药水医
Get you some of this Carduus Benedictus, and lay it to your heart.
那是治你病的唯一良药
It’s the only thing for a qualm.
班尼迪药水?什么… 班尼迪药水?
Benedictus! Why… Why Benedictus?
这个药名有含义
You have some moral in this Benedictus.
含义?我可没什么含义
Moral? No, by my troth, I have no moral meaning.
我说的是圣蓟
I meant, plain holy-thistle.
这棵蓟可刺疼她了
There thou prickest her with a thistle.
小姐,快去吧
Madam, withdraw.
亲王,伯爵
The prince, the count.
班尼迪克先生,唐·约翰
Signior Benedick, Don John,
还有全城的公子哥
and all the gallants of the town
都来接你去教堂
have come to fetch you to church.
有何见教,我的好老乡?
What would you with me, honest neighbor?
大人,我有话跟你私下说 和你关系很大
Marry, sir, I would have some confidence with you that decerns you nearly.
请简短点,你瞧,我现在很忙
Brief, I pray you, for you see, it is a busy time with me.
是这么回事,大人
Marry, this it is, sir.
对,是这么回事
Yes, in truth it is, sir.
怎么回事,我的好朋友?
What is it, my good friends?
弗吉斯说话不太清楚
Verges, sir, speaks a little off the matter.
他头脑不如我想象的糊涂
His wits are not so blunt as, God help, I would desire they were,
但看两眉之间 就知道他确实很诚实
but, in faith, honest as the skin between his brows.
是的,感谢上帝 我很诚实,就像…
Yes, I thank God I am as honest as any man living…
别打比方啦
Comparisons are odorous.
老乡,你们太啰嗦
Neighbors, you are tedious.
承蒙您夸奖真高兴
It pleases your worship to say so, sir,
可我们只是小当差的
but we are the poor duke’s officers.
我想知道你们要说什么
I would fain know what you have to say.
大人,我们巡警今夜
Marry, sir, our watch to-night,
抓到两个麦西纳最坏的流氓 当然遇到您不算
excepting your worship’s presence, ha’ ta’en a couple of as arrant knaves as any in Messina.
是个好老头 就是爱唠叨,上帝保佑
A good old man, sir, he will be talking. God help us.
说得好,两人骑一匹马 总有一人在后面
Well said, neighbor Verges. An two men ride of a horse, one must ride behind.
我得走了
I must leave you.
还有一句话,大人
A word, sir.
我们巡警抓到两个形迹可疑的人
Our watch, sir, have indeed comprehended two auspicious persons,
我们想今天上午当您的面审问
and we would have them this morning examined before your worship.
你们自己审吧,审完告诉我 我现在很忙,你们看得出
Take their examination yourself and bring it me. I am now in great haste, as it may appear unto you.
就这么办吧
It shall be suffigance.
喝杯酒再走
Drink some wine ere you go.
走吧,好搭档
Go, good partner, go.
我们去审那两个人
We are now to examination these men.
大人,你是来娶这位小姐的吗?
You come hither, my lord, to marry this lady.
不是
No.
来和她结婚的,神父 你为他们举♥行♥婚礼吧
To be married to her, Friar. You come to marry her.
小姐,你是来嫁给这位伯爵的吗?
Lady, you come hither to be married to this count.
是的
I do.
如你二人谁心中知道有障碍 使你们不能结合
If either of you know any inward impediment why you should not be conjoined,
我命令你们凭良心说出来
I urge you to utter it upon your souls.
你有吗,希罗?
Know you any, Hero?
没有,大人
None, my lord.
你有吗,伯爵?
Know you any, Count?
我敢代他作答,没有
I dare make his answer, none.
哦,人们敢做的事
O, what men dare do!
可以做的事
What men may do.
每天做出的事 却不知道究竟做了什么
What men daily do, not knowing what they do.
怎么?发起感慨了?
How now! Interjections?
那就让我们大笑吧
Why, some may be of laughing, as…
神父,请站到一边
Stand thee by, Friar.
岳父,我请问
Father, by your leave,
你是不是心甘情愿毫无勉强
will you with free and unconstrained soul
把这位姑娘,你的女儿,给我?
give me this maid, your daughter?
像上帝把她给我一样心甘情愿
As freely, son, as God did give her me.
我将如何报答
And what have I to give you back,
如此丰厚… 而宝贵的礼物?
whose worth may counterpoise this rich and precious gift?
无法报答,除非把她还回去
Nothing, unless you render her again.
好殿下,你教会了我 最好的感恩方法
Sweet prince, you learn me noble thankfulness.
里昂纳多,把她拿回去吧
There, Leonato, take her back again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!