不要把这烂橘子送给你朋友
Give not this rotten orange to your friend,
她的尊贵体面只是徒有其表
she is but the sign and semblance of her honor.
瞧,她一脸娇羞好似无邪少女!
Behold how like a maid she blushes here!
看见她表面的做作 谁不会发誓说她是处♥女♥?
Would you not swear, all you that see her, that she were a maid by these exterior shows?
可她不是 她已领略过床第风情
But she is none. She knows the heat of a luxurious bed.
她脸红是自知有愧,而不是娇羞
Her blush is guiltiness, not modesty.
你这话什么意思,伯爵?
What do you mean, my lord?
我不要结婚,不能把我的灵魂 和声名狼藉的淫♥妇♥结合
Not to be married, not to knit my soul to an approved wanton.
我的爵爷,如果按你所说
Dear my lord, if you, in your own proof,
你利用她年幼无知
have vanquish’d the resistance of her youth,
夺去了她的贞操…
and made defeat of her virginity…
我知道你想说什么
I know what you would say.
如果是我玷污她 你可以说她已把我当作丈夫
If I have known her, you will say she did embrace me as a husband,
减轻她提前失身的罪过
and so extenuate the ‘forehand sin.
不,里昂纳多
No, Leonato,
我从未用放肆语言诱惑过她
I never tempted her with word too large,
只是像哥哥对妹妹,表达过
but, as a brother to his sister,
羞涩的真诚与合乎礼仪的爱
show’d her bashful sincerity and comely love.
我对你不也是这样吗?
And seem’d I ever otherwise to you?
不要脸!装模作样!
Out on thee! Seeming!
我要把这些写下来
I will write against it.
我把你看作月中女神狄安娜 未绽放的花蕾般纯洁无瑕
You seem to me as Dian in her orb, as chaste as is the bud ere it be blown.
可你天生比维纳斯还放浪
But you are more intemperate in your blood than Venus,
比纵欲淫♥荡♥的野兽更恣狂
or those pamper’d animals that rage in savage sensuality.
他病了吗?怎么说出 这么荒唐的话?
Is my lord well, that he doth speak so wide?
殿下,你为什么不说句话?
Sweet prince, why speak not you?
我能说什么?
What should I speak?
我已颜面尽失 撮合我的好朋友和荡♥妇♥一起
I stand dishonor’d, that have gone about to link my dear friend to a common stale.
昨夜12:00到1:00 在窗外和你说话的是谁?
What man was he talk’d with you yesternight out at your window betwixt 12:00 and 1:00?
如果是处♥女♥,就回答这问题
Now, if you are a maid, answer to this.
我那时没和别人说话
I talk’d with no man at that hour, my lord.
那你不是处♥女♥?
Why, then are you no maiden?
里昂纳多,很抱歉让你知道
Leonato, I’m sorry you must hear.
以我的名誉发誓 我,我弟弟和这位伤心的伯爵
Upon mine honor, myself, my brother and this grieved count
亲眼看见,亲耳听见 昨夜那个时候
did see her, hear her, at that hour last night
她和一个流氓在窗前说话
talk with a ruffian at her chamber-window
那流氓真是色胆包天 承认私通款曲已有一千次
who hath indeed, most like a liberal villain, confess’d the vile encounters they have had a thousand times in secret.
呸!不要再提他们了,殿下
Fie. Fie! They are not to be named, my lord,
不要再说了
not to be spoke of.
无论多文雅的语言 说起来也不能不带攻击
There is not enough chastity in language but offense to utter them.
美貌的姑娘,你这样不自重 我真替你惋惜
Thus, pretty lady, I am sorry for thy much misgovernment.
哦,希罗
O Hero.
如果把你外表的优美
What a Hero hadst thou been,
分一半给你内心的思想
if half thy outward graces
你将是一个多么好的希罗!
had been placed about thy thoughts and counsels of thy heart!
但是再见吧 你这最淫邪最美丽之人
But fare thee well, most foul, most fair.
没人给我刀刺死我自己吗?
Hath no man’s dagger here a point for me?
怎么了,堂姐,你怎么倒下了?
Why, how now, cousin? Wherefore sink you down?
走,我们走吧
Come, let us go.
她的丑事被揭穿,羞愧难当
These things, come thus to light, smother her spirits up.
这姑娘怎么了?
How doth the lady?
她可能死了,救命啊,叔叔!
Dead, I think. Help, uncle!
哦,希罗,怎么了,希罗?
O Hero! Why, Hero?
班尼迪克先生
Signior Benedick.
命运啊,不要抽回你沉重的手
O Fate! Take not away thy heavy hand.
对于羞耻 死是她能希求的最好掩饰
Death were the fairest cover for her shame that may be wish’d for.
怎么样了,希罗堂姐?
How now, cousin Hero?
小姐,你宽心吧
Have comfort, lady.
你的眼睛又睁开了?
Dost thou look up?
是啊,她为什么不能睁开?
Yea, wherefore should she not?
为什么!
Wherefore!
不是全世界 都在斥责她的无♥耻♥吗?
Why, doth not every earthly thing cry shame upon her?
她能否认已刻在血液中的丑事吗?
Could she here deny the story that is printed in her blood?
不要活过来,希罗,不要再睁开眼
Do not live, Hero. Do not ope thine eyes.
我只有你一个孩子,我会伤心吗?
Grieved I, I had but one?
我会抱怨造化的吝啬吗?
Chid I for that at frugal nature’s frame?
像你这样,一个已经太多!
O, one too much by thee!
为什么我要有这孩子? 为什么你在我眼里那么可爱?
Why ever wast thou one? Why ever wast thou lovely in my eyes?
大人
Sir.
大人,耐心点 我深为震惊,不知说什么好
Sir, be patient. For my own part, I am attired in wonder and know not what to say.
我发誓,我堂姐是被冤枉的!
O, on my soul, my cousin is belied!
小姐,你昨晚和她睡一起吗?
Lady, were you her bedfellow last night?
就昨晚没有
No, truly not,
可这之前,我和她睡一起整整一年
although, until last night I have this twelvemonth been her bedfellow.
已经证实了,证实了!
Confirm’d. Confirm’d.
两位亲王会说谎吗? 克罗迪奥会吗?
Would the two princes lie, and Claudio lie,
他那么爱她 提到她的丑行就泪流满面
who loved her so, that, speaking of her foulness, wash’d it with tears?
别理她!让她死吧!
Hence from her! Let her die!
小姐,他们说你跟谁私通?
Lady. What man is he you are accused of?
他们说的,他们清楚,我不知道
They know that do accuse me, I know none.
如我超越礼数,和别的男人来往
If I know more of any man alive than that which maiden modesty doth warrant,
让我永世不得翻身
then let all my sins lack mercy.
父亲,如你能证明 我在不恰当的时间
My father, prove you that any man with me conversed
和男人说过话,如我昨夜和任何人
at hours unmeet or if I yesternight maintain’d
交换过只言片语
the change of words with any creature,
你可以不理我 厌恶我,折磨死我!爸!
refuse me, hate me, torture me to death!
几位王爷间有些奇怪的误会
There is some strange misprision in the princes.
其中两位都是非常正直的人
Two of them have the very bent of honor.
如果这次受人欺骗 一定是私生子约翰搞鬼
If their wisdoms be misled in this, the practice of it lives in John the bastard,
他最喜欢设陷阱害人
whose spirits toil in frame of villainies.
我不知道
I know not.
如果他们说的是事实 我要亲手杀了她
But if they speak but truth, these hands shall tear thee.
如果他们陷害她
If they wrong her honor,
我要和他们中最尊贵的那个拼命
the proudest of them shall well hear of it.
且慢,这件事请听我劝告
Pause awhile, and let my counsel sway you in this case.
亲王们离开时,以为你女儿已死
Your daughter here the princes left for dead.
不妨暂时让她深居简出
Let her be kept awhile secretly inside,
对外宣布她确已死亡
and publish it that she is dead indeed.
这样会有什么结果?
What shall become of this?
克罗迪奥听说小姐因他的话而死
When Claudio shall hear that she has died upon his words,
希罗生前的种种可爱 必定会浮现在他的想象中
the idea of her life shall sweetly creep into the study of his imagination.
她生前的一颦一笑
And every organ of her lovely life
都变得比在世时更珍贵
shall come apparell’d in more precious habit,
那份楚楚动人,那份活力充沛
more moving-gentle and full of life,
在他眼中和心灵深处 都胜过她在世时
into the eye and prospect of his soul, than when she lived indeed.
如果爱情真打动过他的心 他会悲伤,会后悔
Then shall he mourn. If ever love had interest in his liver,
即使指责她的都是事实 也不该让她如此难堪
and wish he had not so accused her, no, though he thought his accusation to be true.
里昂纳多大人,听从神父的劝告吧
Sir, Signior Leonato, let the friar advise you.
我现在如此悲伤 一根细线都能牵着我走
Being that I flow in grief the smallest twine may lead me.
来吧,小姐,你必须死里求生
Come, lady. Die to live.
今天的婚礼也许只是延期
This wedding-day is but perhaps prolong’d.
碧翠丝小姐,你一直在哭吗?
Lady Beatrice, have you wept all this while?
是的,我还要哭下去
and I will weep a while longer.
希望你别哭了
I will not desire that.
你有什么理由?我自己愿意哭
You have no reason, I do it freely.
我相信令姐一定受了冤枉
Surely I do believe your fair cousin is wronged.
能为她洗冤的人 将得到我多大的尊敬
The man might deserve of me who would right her.
有什么方法能表示这份友谊?
Is there any way to show such friendship?
方法很简单
A very even way,
可惜没这样的朋友
but no such friend.
可以让人试试吗?
May a man do it?
那是男子汉的事,不是你
It is a man’s office, but not yours.
全世界我最爱的人莫过于你
I do love nothing in the world so well as you.
这不是很奇怪吗?
Is not that strange?
和我不知道的事一样奇怪
As strange as the thing I know not.
就像我也可以说 我最爱的莫过于你
It were as possible for me to say I loved nothing so much as you.
但别相信我,我没说假话
But believe me not, and yet I lie not.
我什么都没承认,也什么都没否认
I confess nothing, nor I deny nothing.
我只是为堂姐难过
I am sorry for my cousin.
我凭剑发誓 碧翠丝,你是爱我的
By my sword, Beatrice, thou lovest me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!