别对剑发完誓,又吃掉它
Do not swear, and eat it.
我凭剑发誓,你爱我
I will swear by it that you love me
谁说我不爱你 我就让他吃我一剑
and I will make him eat it that says I love not you.
你不会食言吗?
Will you not eat your word?
没有任何调料能让我 把说出的话吃回去
With no sauce that can be devised to it.
我发誓我爱你
I protest I love thee.
上帝饶恕我
Why, then, God forgive me.
你犯了什么罪过,碧翠丝?
What offense, sweet Beatrice?
你打断的正是时候
You have stayed me in a happy hour.
我刚要发誓说爱你
I was about to protest that I love you.
那就用全部心情说出来吧
And do it with all thy heart.
我用全部心情爱你,没心情说话了
I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.
来吧,命令我为你做任何事
Come, bid me do any thing for thee.
杀死克罗迪奥
Kill Claudio.
给我全世界也办不到
Not for the wide world.
拒绝就等于杀了我
You kill me to deny it.
再见 – 等一下
Farewell. Tarry.
亲爱的碧翠丝
Sweet Beatrice.
我人在心也不在,你并无爱情
I am gone, though I am here. There is no love in you.
请放我走吧 – 碧翠丝
Nay, I pray you, let me go. Beatrice…
真的,我要走了
In faith, I will go.
让我们先言归于好
We’ll be friends first.
你敢和我做朋友 却不敢与我的敌人决斗
You dare easier be friends with me than fight with my enemy.
克罗迪奥是你的敌人吗?
Is Claudio thine enemy?
他不是已经证明自己是 穷凶极恶的坏人吗?
Is he not approved in the height a villain,
污蔑、诽谤,破坏我家人的名誉
that hath slandered, scorned, dishonored my kinswoman?
真希望我是个男人!
O that I were a man!
不动声色挽着她的手 等到将要成礼时
What, bear her in hand until they come to take hands,
当众翻脸,公开指责
and then with public accusation,
公然诽谤,无比刻毒…
uncovered slander, unmitigated rancor…
哦,上帝,但愿我是个男人!
O God, that I were a man!
我要在市场上吃掉他的心
I would eat his heart in the market-place.
听我说,碧翠丝…
Hear me, Beatrice…
在窗边和男人说话
Talk with a man at a window.
他们可真能编 – 不,碧翠丝…
O a proper saying. Nay, but, Beatrice…
亲爱的希罗
Sweet Hero.
她被人冤枉,遭人诽谤 这辈子完了
She is wronged, she is slandered, she is undone.
碧翠丝
Beatrice.
什么亲王,什么伯爵
Princes and counties.
好一个伯爵,因为他 我但愿自己是个男人!
A goodly count. O that I were a man for his sake!
但愿有哪个朋友愿意为我 做个堂堂男子汉!
Or that I had any friend who would be a man for my sake!
可男子气概已化为鞠躬请安 勇猛强悍已化为阿谀奉承
But manhood is melted into curtsies, valor into compliment,
男人们变得只是吹牛拍马的舌头
and men are only turned into tongues, and trim ones too.
撒完谎再发誓说谎言是真的 他就成了英雄好汉!
For he is now as valiant as Hercules who only tells a lie and swears it!
我不能随心所愿变成男人
I cannot be a man with wishing,
只好作为女人伤心而死
therefore I will die a woman with grieving.
我举手为誓,我爱你
By this hand, I love thee.
用手发誓爱我 不如用手做更有意义的事
Use it for my love some other way than swearing by it.
凭良心,你真的认为 克罗迪奥伯爵冤枉了希罗?
Think you in your soul the Count Claudio hath wronged Hero?
像我知道自己有灵魂一样确定
As sure as I have thought or a soul.
足够了,一言为定
Enough, I am engaged.
我要去向他挑战
I will challenge him.
让我吻一吻你的手
I will kiss your hand.
凭此手发誓,克罗迪奥 定要给我个交代
By this hand, Claudio shall render me a dear account.
等我的消息吧,把我放在你心里
As you hear of me, so think of me.
去吧,去安慰你堂姐
Go, comfort your cousin.
我要对外说她死了
I must say she is dead.
好,再见吧
And so, farewell.
你叫什么名字,朋友?
What is your name, friend?
波拉奇奥
Borachio.
请写下来
Pray, write down, Borachio.
你呢?
Yours, sirrah?
我叫康拉德
My name is Conrade.
你们敬奉上帝吗?
Masters, do you serve God?
是的,希望是
Yea, sir, we hope.
记下他们希望敬奉上帝
Write down, that they hope they serve God.
要把上帝写在前面
And write God first,
不写前面,上帝会生气
for God defend but God should go before such villains.
已经证明,你们和 欺诈人的恶棍差不多
Masters, it is proved already that you are little better than false knaves,
很快就将如此认定
and will go near to be thought so shortly.
你们如何为自己申辩?
How answer you for yourselves?
大人,我们说我们不是坏人
Marry, sir, we say we are none.
乖巧的家伙,我要诱他说真话
A marvelous witty fellow, I assure you, but I will go about with her.
我有话悄悄跟你说
A word in your ear, sir.
告诉你,大家都说 你们是欺诈的恶人
I say to you, you are false knaves.
大人,告诉你,我们不是
Sir, I say to you we are none.
撇得真干净
Well, stand aside.
他们串通好口供一致
‘Fore God, they are both in a tale.
记下他们不是坏人了吗?
Have you writ down, that they are none?
警官大人,你不能这样审讯
Master constable, you go not the way to examine.
必须把控告他们的巡警叫来
You must call forth the watch that are their accusers.
对,这办法最快 叫那俩巡警上来
Yea, marry, that is the eftest way. Let the watch come forth.
弟兄们,我以亲王的名义 命令你们
Masters, I charge you in the prince’s name
控告他们
accuse these men.
这个人说,亲王的弟弟 唐·约翰才是坏人
This man said, sir, that Don John, the prince’s brother, was a villain.
写下来“约翰亲王是坏人”
Write down, “Prince John a villain.”
说亲王弟弟是坏人 这是伪证罪
Why, that’s flat perjury, to call a prince’s brother villain.
警官…
Master constable…
别说话
Pray thee, fellow, peace.
告诉你,我讨厌你的模样
I do not like thy look, I promise thee.
还听见他说什么了?
What heard you him say else?
因为诬陷希罗小姐 他收到唐·约翰给的一千金币
Marry, that he had received a thousand ducats of Don John for accusing the Lady Hero wrongfully.
真是前所未有的公然抢劫
Flat burglary as ever was committed.
对,一点没错!
Yea, by mass, that it is!
还说什么了?
What else, fellows?
说克罗迪奥伯爵听了他的话
And that Count Claudio did mean, upon his words,
要在众人面前羞辱希罗 不跟她结婚
to disgrace Hero before the whole assembly and not marry her.
哦,恶人!
O villain.
你要为自己犯下的恶行 下地狱永受折磨
Thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this.
还有什么?
What else?
就这些了
This is all.
两位先生,这件事 你们已无法抵赖
And this is more, masters, than you can deny.
约翰亲王今早已偷偷逃走
Prince John is this morning secretly stolen away,
希罗受到这般羞辱 被人拒绝结婚
Hero was in this manner accused, in this very manner refused,
伤心过度,突然身亡
and upon this grief suddenly died.
警官,把这两人捆起 送到里昂纳多府上
Master constable, let these men be bound, and brought to Leonato.
我先走一步,报告他审讯结果
I will go before and show him their examination.
把他们捆起来,交给…
Come, let them be opinioned.
上帝啊,书♥记♥官呢? 记下他说亲王的官吏是蠢货
God’s my life, where’s the sexton? Let her write down the prince’s officer coxcomb.
来,把他们捆起来
Come, bind them.
该死的坏蛋!
Thou naughty varlet!
走开!你是蠢驴!
Away! You are an ass!
你是头蠢驴!
You are an ass.
你瞧不起我的地位?
Dost thou not suspect my place?
瞧不起我这把年纪?
Dost thou not suspect my years?
但愿她在这儿 记下有人说我是驴
O that she were here to write me down an ass.
弟兄们,记住我是头驴
But, masters, remember that I am an ass,
虽然没有记下来
though it be not written down,
但别忘了我是驴
yet forget not that I am an ass.
你这坏蛋,说话真够孝顺的
Thou villain, thou art full of piety,
这里的人都可以做见证
as shall be proved upon thee by good witness.
我是聪明人,而且大小是个官
I am a wise fellow, and, which is more, an officer,
还是有房♥产的人
and, which is more, a householder,
相貌比得过麦西纳任何一个人
and, which is more, as pretty a piece of flesh as any is in Messina,
我还是懂法律的人
and one that knows the law, go to.
身边还有几个大钱
And a rich fellow enough, go to.
虽然也曾有过不走运
And a fellow that hath had losses,
可我还有两件长袍 我的东西样样漂亮
and one that hath two gowns and every thing handsome about him!
真希望她记下我是头驴
O that I had been writ down an ass!
先生,有什么消息?
Now, signior, what news?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!