just at children’s funerals.
可以说他是个很哑巴 很相称
A mute in proportion, so to speak?
正好 庄重的效果 你不这么认为吗 亲爱的?
Precisely. A superb effect, don’t you think so, my love?
你可以扮成画里那个绅士那样吗
Do you think you could look like that gentleman up there?
也许 如果我有顶礼帽的话
Perhaps, if I had a tall hat.
看 奥利弗
Look, it’s Oliver!
– 诺亚 来吧 – 不
– Noah, come on. – No.
你妈她怎样 童工?
How’s your mother, workhouse?
别说我妈 她已经死了
You leave my mother out of it. She’s dead.
怎么死的?喘不过气?
What did she die of? Shortage of breath?
你最好别跟我说她的坏话
You’d better not say anything about her to me.
别跟我放肆 童工
Don’t you be cheeky, workhouse.
你老娘 她不是好东西 她是个十足的坏东西
Your mother, she was a nice one. A regular right-down bad one, she was.
你说什么?
What did you say?
她死了是件好事
It’s a good thing she died when she did,
要不然她现在肯定在监狱里干苦力…
’cause she’d been in prison doing hard labor…
救命 救命
Help! Help!
你滚开 离他远点
Get away, you! Get away from him!
发生了什么事?你们想干嘛
What’s going on down here? What are you trying to do,
想把死人都吵醒吗?
wake up the dead or something?
又是你… 给我滚出去
It’s you, you little… Get out of here!
是他先动手的
He started it!
你 过来
Come here, you!
– 盖子 快 – 盖上盖子
– Quick! – Put the lid on.
我的天啊
Oh, dear!
累死我了 水
I’m going off. Water!
诺亚 去孤儿院 把巴布先生叫来 叫他快点
Noah, run over to the workhouse. Get Mr. Bumble. Tell him to come quick.
好吧 他在哪?那个小恶棍在哪?
Well, where is he? Where is the young rascal?
– 奥利弗? – 是 我在这
– Oliver? – Yes, I’m here!
– 你认得我的声音吗 奥利弗? – 我认得
– Do you know this here voice, Oliver? – Yes, I do!
你不怕吗?我跟你说话你不发抖吗?
Well, ain’t you afraid of it, Oliver? Ain’t you a-trembling when I speak, Oliver?
不 我不怕
No, I’m not!
他疯了 还是他不敢跟你放肆?
He’s gone mad, Mr. Bumble. Or he wouldn’t dare to speak to you like that.
不是因为发疯 是因为吃肉
It’s not madness, ma’am, it’s meat.
– 肉? – 肉 太太 肉 你让他吃太多肉了
– Meat? – Meat, ma’am, meat! You overfed the boy.
你纵容得他不安本分了
You raised an artificial spirit in the lad unbecoming to his station in life.
如果你只给他喝稀饭 他就不会这样了
This would never have happened if you kept him on gruel.
– 稀饭 – 我将很高兴告诉你这个方法
– Gruel? – I’ll be glad to give you the recipe.
– 啊 歇会吧 巴布先生? – 他正压着奥利弗呢
– Well, well, well. Having a rest, Mr. Bumble? – He’s sitting on Oliver.
– 是啊 我们都得管着他点 – 你又去喝酒了?
– Quite right. We must all sit on Oliver. – You been drinking again?
– 我在墓地碰见个朋友 – 救命
– I met a friend in the cemetery. – Help!
谁在里面?
Who’s in there?
这棺材应该到明天才会有人睡
That coffin should not have been occupied until tomorrow.
是个重要的客人预订的
It’s reserved for a very important client.
退后
Stand back!
你怎么解释 你这个小无赖?
Now, then. What’s your explanation, you young scallywag?
他说我妈坏话
He called my mum a name.
那又怎样 你这个忘恩负义的倒霉鬼?
And what if he did, you ungrateful little wretch?
你妈她活该 骂得再难听都行
She deserved what he said and worse.
– 她不坏 – 她坏
– She didn’t! – She did!
– 你们骗人 – 你住嘴
– It’s a lie! – Hold your tongue, boy!
把他关在地窖 给他点教训
Put him down in the cellar, Mr. Bumble. That’ll teach him.
– 干嘛? – 好的
– My love? – Yes!
躺在这真得很舒服
It’s really quite comfortable.
呆在那 直到我们想出怎么处置你
You’ll stay down there till we decide what’s to be done with you.
你的家当 童工
And here’s your baggage, workhouse.
三镑 真是的 你把他带回去吧
Three pounds, indeed! You can take him back.
哪里才有爱
Where is love?
在天上 还是在地下
Does it fall from skies above?
柳树下
Is it underneath the willow tree
在梦中
That I’ve been dreaming of?
她在哪
Where is she
我梦中的她
Who I close my eyes to see?
我会否听到那甜蜜的问候
Will I ever know the sweet hello
只为我的问候
That’s meant for only me?
谁能够告诉我她在哪儿
Who can say where she may hide?
无论多么遥远我也要去
Must I travel far and wide?
直到来到她的身边
Till I am beside the someone who
一个真正在乎我的人
I can mean something to
在哪儿
Where
在哪儿
Where
真爱在哪儿
Is love?
每到夜里 我跪下祈祷
Every night I kneel and pray
希望明天
Let tomorrow be the day
就能见到 见到她
When I see the face of someone who
一个真正关心我的人
I can mean something to
在哪儿
Where
真爱在哪儿
Is love?
请帮帮我 帮帮我
Please help me. Please!
你看什么?
What you staring at?
从没见过有钱人吗?
Haven’t you never seen a toff?
没有 抱歉 我从没…
No, never. I’m sorry. I didn’t…
那没什么
Oh, that’s all right.
– 饿吗? – 是的 我大老远的赶来
– Hungry? – Yes, I am. I’ve come a long way.
走了七天的路
I’ve been walking for seven days.
从鸟嘴那儿逃走的吧?
Been running away from the beak, have you?
什么?
The what?
别告诉我 你不知道鸟嘴是什么意思
Now, don’t say you don’t know what a beak is.
是鸟 是吗
It’s a bird’s mouth, isn’t it?
老天 你真是屁都不懂
My eyes, how green can you get!
照你的话说 鸟嘴就是地方官
For your information, a beak is a magistrate.
那你是从哪儿逃走的?你老爸?
Who you running away from, then? Your old man?
不 我是孤儿
No, I’m an orphan.
我到伦敦来碰碰运气赚点钱
I’ve come to London to make my fortune.

Hello.
你 是吗?
You have, have you?
有地方住吗?
Got any lodgings?
– 带了钱吗? – 一个子都没有
– Money? – Not a farthing.
你住在伦敦吗?
Do you live in London?
看着点…
What the…
我想你总得找个地方过夜吧?
I suppose you want someplace to sleep tonight, eh?
你知道哪儿可以让我过夜吗?
Do you know of anywhere?
正巧 我认识一位可敬的老绅士
As it so happens, I know a respectable old gentleman
– 他能免费让你过夜 – 真的?
– what’ll give you lodgings for nothing. – Really?
如果有人介绍他一个子也不收
And never ask for the change. That is, if any other gentleman he knows introduces you.
正好我可以帮你介绍
And don’t he know me?
他一定是个大好人
He must be a very kind old gentlemen.
噢 是的 他人真的很好
Oh, yes, yes, he’s very kind.
而且他特别喜欢我
And I’m a particular favorite of his.
好吧 如果你跟着我 就得告诉我你是谁
Well, now, if you’re coming along, I’d better know who you are.
我叫奥利弗 奥利弗 退斯特
My name’s Oliver. Oliver Twist.
我叫杰克 道金斯
And mine’s Jack Dawkins.
跟我熟的都叫我小滑头
Better known among me more intimate friends as the Artful Dodger.
很高兴见到你 你肯定那老绅士不介意收留我?
Pleased to meet you, Mr. Dodger. Sure the old gentleman won’t mind?
介意?
Mind?
就当这儿是自个家 就当自己这个家的一分子
Consider yourself at home Consider yourself one of the family
我注定会遇到你 我们注定会在一起
I’ve taken to you so strong It’s clear we’re going to get along
就当这儿是自个家 当你是这家具的一部分
Consider yourself well in Consider yourself part of the furniture
这里
Here!
虽然没多少东西和你分享
There isn ‘t a lot to spare
管他呢 有什么就分享什么
Who cares? Whatever we got we share!
也许有可能
If it should chance to be
我们会碰上坏气
We should see Some harder days
食品柜空空如也 干嘛抱怨呢
Empty-larder days Why grouse?
也有可能会撞好运 有人愿给我们买♥♥单
Always a chance we’ll meet Somebody to foot the bill
那我们就能 喝免费的酒
Then the drinks are on the house!
就当自己是我们的好哥们 没什么好大惊小怪的
Consider yourself our mate We don’t want to have no fuss
因为我们想过了
For after some consideration we can state
就当你是自己人
Consider yourself One of us!
就当这儿是
Consider yourself
自个家

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!