Of course he can.
当然能
That’s a very…
你那么说实在… (指”恨死所有人”的话)
provoking thing to say.
让人生气
lt’s very provoking.
真是让人生气
l’m sorry.
对不起
l thought there was nothing l couldn’t say.
我还以为我能想说啥就说啥
Oh, no.
不是的
Words have tempers, you know,
语言是带有情绪的
particularly verbs.
尤其是动词
They’re the– they’re the proudest.
它们是最骄傲的
Can he help me?
他能帮我吗?
Can you?
你呢?
Phoebe Llchten, who are you talklng to?
菲比·利希滕 你在和谁说话呢?
Shh!
嘘!
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗?
Go away.
走开
No, not you.
别走 我不是说你
I need help.
我需要帮助
Hey, time for bed.
嘿 该上♥床♥睡觉了
Okay, Phoebe.
来 菲比
There’s nothing wrong with me.
我没事
I know, I know.
我知道
I just–just a quick check.
就是小小检查一下
I’m so sorry about the play.
关于戏剧的事 我很遗憾
Okay, five more minutes.
好吧 再玩五分钟吧
I love you.
我爱你
Please, please come back.
求你了 回来吧
Come back.
回来吧
I’m here to talk about Phoebe Lichten.
我是来和您谈菲比·利希滕的
Yes.
是的
Very good.
非常好
She has to be put back in the play.
她得重回戏剧
Well, yes, I agree.
是的 我同意
I agree.
我同意
You didn’t even consult me.
你居然都没征询我的意见
I would put her back.
我也想让她回去
Certainly, I would.
真的
But it’s really out of my–
但这不在我能力范围之内…
and other people who thlnk it’s best for her too.
其他人也觉得这样做对她最好
And, you know, she spat.
你知道 她朝人吐口水
She–she did spit, you know?
她真的吐口水了 你知道吗?
Phoebe’s an astonishing little girl.
菲比是个让人惊叹的小女孩
You should talk to her parents and her teachers.
你应该去和她父母以及老师谈
It’s really–I have very little control over this.
我无能为力
Why is that?
为什么?
You’re the principal.
你是校长啊
Miss Dodger, if a child makes trouble,
道奇小姐 如果孩子淘气
the child is punished.
就得受到惩罚
This is the way it works, you know?
事情就该这样 知道吗?
This is the way it is.
事情就该这样
And it was decided–
所以 我们决定…
Oh, please.
拜托
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m so sorry.
真是对不起
I–that just came out.
我只是冲口而出
I-I didn’t–
不是…
I’m sorry.
对不起
Who’s there?
谁啊?
Is someone there?
有人吗?
Phoebe?
菲比?
Phoebe, why are you here?
菲比 你为什么会在这儿?
Look.
看哪
I think about Alice falling.
我在想爱丽丝跌下去的场景
And I look down, and I get scared.
从这儿看下去 我觉得好害怕
Yes.
是啊
I don’t want to do those things or say those things.
我本不想做那些事或者说那些话
I just have to…
我是迫于无奈
except here.
但这儿不一样
Everywhere else, I feel ugly.
其它所有的地方 我都讨厌
I want to tell you something
我想跟你说些话
which may not make any sense.
也许你现在并不懂
But I should say it just so that one day, you might remember it,
但也许有一天你能记起这些话
and maybe it will make you feel better.
也许能让你好受些
At a certain point in your life,
在你生命的某一时刻
probably when too much of it has gone by…
也许当你年纪很大时
you will open your eyes
你睁开眼睛
and see yourself for who you are…
看到真实的自我
especially for everything that made you so different
尤其是那些让你与众不同
from all the awful normals.
区别于芸芸大众的点点滴滴
And you will say to yourself…
你会对自己说
‘But l am this person.’
“我就是这样一个人”
And in that statement,
就在这句话中
that correction,
这个调整中
there will be a kind of love.
有一种爱在流淌
I’m so scared.
我好害怕
We all are.
我们都很害怕
Can we give thanks?
可以感恩祷告了吗?
No.
不要
Anyway, I’m on a hunger strike.
反正我是在绝食抗♥议♥
The chicken’s not cage-free.
鸡可都是关在笼子里的
So?
所以呢?
So you know what they do to factory chickens?
你知道工厂的人是怎么对待鸡的?
They hang them upside-down and electrocute them,
他们把鸡倒吊起来并处以电击
but only a little.
但不会击死它们
So they can usually still feel it
这样它们在被割喉时
when they get their throats cut.
能感觉到痛苦
But, see, also, the knife misses a lot.
而且 也不会用刀子割死它们
So they’re still alive for the last part,
留着它们感受最后一个步骤
when they get dropped into boiling water.
就是被丢进开水里烫死
Where’d you learn this?
你从哪儿听来的?
In social studies.
社会学课
Miss Linney was sick.
Linney老师生病了
So I had a substitute teacher who told us everything.
代课老师什么都对我们说
Oh, well, I’m not sure it’s all true.
我觉得不全是真的
But I give thanks
但我还是要感谢主
for my bright, outspoken daughters.
赐予我两个聪明坦率的女儿
And I give thanks for substitute teachers who tell the truth.
那我就感谢代课老师讲真话
Good.

Phoebe?
菲比?
Nothing.
没什么要感恩的
When I was a girl, we weren’t allowed to eat
在我小时候 如果不感恩
until we could find something to be thankful for.
就不给吃饭
Then I’m going on a hunger strike too.
那我也绝食抗♥议♥好了
I think I know something you could be grateful for.
我可是知道能让你感恩的事哦
What?
什么?
You’re being put back in the play.
你可以重返戏剧了
Really?
真的?
I can play Alice?
我还能演爱丽丝?
On a trial basis.
只是试用
Your drama teacher and I fought very hard
你的戏剧老师和我费力争取来的
and your father too,
还有你♥爸♥爸
and we said
我们认为
that if you acted in the classroom
如果你在教室的行为
the way you do in the play,
能和你在戏剧里的行为一样好
everyone would be very happy.
每人都会开心的
I’m thankful for being Alice.
感谢主 让我扮演爱丽丝
Good.

Peter.
皮特
l’m thankful for the Vicodin
感谢止痛药
that’s dulling the searing pain in my hand.
减轻我手上的灼痛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!