He’s in there now. There’s nothing to see.
有 我都从窗户里看见了
There is something. I’ve seen it through that window.
我看到他们争吵
I’ve seen bickering and family quarrels…
丈夫午夜外出
and mysterious trips at night…
还有刀 锯和绳子
and knives and saws and rope.
而妻子却从此不见踪影 你说她在哪
Now, since last evening, not a sign of the wife. Tell me where she is.
-我不知道 -她在干嘛 她在哪
– I don’t know. – What’s she doing? Where is she?
也许他们分居了 我不知道 我不管
Maybe he’s leaving his wife. I don’t know. I don’t care!
很多人家里有刀 锯和绳子
Lots of people have knives and saws and ropes around their houses.
而且很多丈夫整天都不与妻子讲话
And lots of men don’t speak to their wives all day.
很多妻子唠叨 丈夫心烦 所以吵架
Lots of wives nag and men hate them and trouble starts,
但没人会因此杀人 别胡思乱想了
but few of them end up in murder, if that’s what you’re thinking.
看 你也想到谋杀了 不是吗
It’s pretty hard for you to keep away from that word, isn’t it?
你看到了他所做的一切 对吗
You could see all that he did, couldn’t you?
-当然你看到了 我 -因为窗帘是开着的
– Of course, I… – You could see because the shades were up…
而且你看到他在走廊 后院和街上的活动
and he walked along the corridor and the street and the backyard.
我看见他
I’ve seen him…
杰夫 你觉得凶手会让你看到这些吗
Jeff, do you think a murderer would let you see all that?
难道他不知道拉上窗帘 掩人耳目
That he wouldn’t pull the shades and hide behind them?
这正是他聪明的地方
He’s being clever.
-他装作若无其事 -这正是你糊涂的地方
– He’s being nonchalant. – And that’s where you’re not being clever.
凶手绝不会开窗炫耀犯罪过程
A murderer would never parade his crime in front of an open window.
为何不可
Why not?
照你的说法 那扇窗子里也有人在犯罪
For all you know, there’s something sinister going on.
哪儿 噢
Where? Oh.
我不知道
No comment.
从头再说一遍 杰夫
Let’s start from the beginning again, Jeff.
告诉我你看到的一切
Tell me everything you saw…
和你对整件事的看法
and what you think it means.

Yeah?
二楼邮箱的名字是
The name on the second floor rear mailbox reads…
拉兹先生和太太
“Mr. and Mrs. Lars…”
拉兹 索沃德
That’s L- a- r- s. “Lars Thorwald.”
门牌号♥码是多少
What’s the number of the apartment?
西九大街125号♥
125 W. Ninth Street.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, dear.
好的 长官 下一个任务是什么
Okay, chief. What’s my next assignment?
回家去
Just go home.
好的 现在他在干什么
All right, but what’s he doing now?
他坐这黑暗的客厅里
He’s just sitting in the living room in the dark.
还没靠近过卧室
Hasn’t gone near the bedroom.
你回去休息吧 晚安
Now you go home and get some sleep. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
什么事 杰夫
What’s it all about, Jeff?
瞧 多尤 这事不能在电♥话♥里谈
Look, Doyle, I can’t tell you over the telephone.
-你得过来亲眼看看 -很重要吗
– You have to be here and see the whole setup. – Important?
可能什么都不是
It’s probably nothing important at all.
可能是个谋杀案
It’s just a little neighborhood murder.
-你是说”谋杀”-是 我是说”谋杀”
– Did you say, “murder?” – Yes, as a matter of fact, I did say murder.
-噢 别逗了 -我只想帮你的忙
– Come now. – My only thought was throwing a little business your way.
我想一个称职的侦探不会放过任何机会
I figured a detective would jump at the chance of something to detect.
-我下班了 -什么
– I’m not working. – What?
我今天休息
This happens to be my day off.
-我最好的照片都是休息时拍的 -我会来的
– I usually took my best pictures on my day off. – I’ll drop by.
好的 多尤 快点
Okay, Doyle. As soon as you can.
太谢谢你了 斯泰拉
Bless your heart, Stella.
啧 啧 瞧瞧
Gee whiz, look at this.
这真是太棒了
I can’t tell you what a welcome sight this is.
-难怪你丈夫还爱你 -警♥察♥
– No wonder your husband still loves you. – The police?
什么 你打电♥话♥给警♥察♥了
What? You called the police?
不完全是 不完全是
Not exactly. Not exactly.
不算正式报♥警♥ 他是我的朋友
Not an official call. It’s an old friend of mine.
一个普通的老朋友
An old, ornery friend of mine.
你认为他会在哪儿分尸
Just where do you suppose he cut her up?
当然 是在浴缸里
Of course. The bathtub.
只有在那 他才能洗去血迹
That’s the only place where he could have washed away the blood.
他最好在血流出来之前 把那箱子弄走
He better get that trunk out of there before it starts to leak.
哈利
Harry?
瞧 瞧 杰弗利先生
Look, look, Mr. Jefferies.
早知道多尤赶不过来
I thought Doyle would be here…
我该报♥警♥的 现在全完了
by the time the trunk left, or I’d have called the police.
-别急 -别干傻事
– Now we’re gonna lose it. – Hold everything.
我去看看搬运车的车牌
Don’t do anything foolish. I’m just gonna get the name off that freight truck.
我会盯着小巷
I’ll keep an eye on the alley.
长途电♥话♥
Long distance.
你没看到杀人或尸体
You didn’t see the killing or the body.
怎么知道是谋杀
How do you know there was a murder?
因为他行迹可疑
Everything this fellow’s done has been suspicious:
雨夜外出 还有刀 锯和用绳子捆绑的箱子
trips at night in the rain, knives and saws and trunks with rope,
而现在妻子又不见了
and now this wife that isn’t there anymore.
我得承认是有点可疑
I admit it all has a mysterious sound.
但有许多可能性 不一定是谋杀
It could be any number of things. Murder’s the least possible.
噢 多尤 别告诉我他是个失业的魔术师
Doyle, don’t tell me he’s an unemployed magician,
用他的技巧取悦邻居
amusing the neighborhood with his sleight of hand.
-我才不信 -这样杀人太明目张胆了
– Don’t tell me that. – It’s too obvious and stupid a way to commit murder.
在50个窗口的注视下
In full view of 50 windows?
然后坐下来抽雪茄
Then sit there smoking a cigar,
等警♥察♥来抓他
waiting for the police to come and pick him up?
好吧 警官 尽你的职责 去抓他吧
All right, officer, do your duty. Go over and pick him up.
杰夫 你太不了解杀人犯了
Jeff, you’ve got a lot to learn about homicide.
为了抓住杀人犯摩伦
Morons have committed murder so shrewdly…
我们动用了超过100个训练有素的警♥察♥
it’s taken a hundred trained police minds to catch them.
那推销员不会在晚饭后打昏妻子
That salesman wouldn’t just knock his wife off after dinner…
把她扔进箱子藏起来
and toss her in the trunk and put her in storage.
我打赌他已经这么做了
I’ll bet it’s been done.
所有凶手做案后都会惊慌失措
Most everything’s been done, under panic.
例外的概率只有千分之一
This is a thousand- to- one shot.
可他还坐着那 一点儿也不惊慌
He’s still sitting around the apartment. That man’s not panicked.
你觉得这都是我编的
You think I made all this up?
我觉得你所看到的一切
Well, I think you saw something…
很容易解释
there’s probably a very simple explanation for.
-比方说 -妻子去旅行了
– For instance? – Wife took a trip.
他妻子有病在床
His wife was sick in bed.
对 你说过
Yeah, so you told me.
呃 杰夫 我得走了
Well, Jeff, I’ve got to run along.
我不会向上面报告
I won’t report this to the department.
我会私下调查一下
Let me poke into it a little on my own.
-免得你又写些荒唐报道 -多谢
– No sense in your getting a lot of ridiculous publicity. – Thank you.
他妻子不见了
We know the wife is gone.
-看能不能找到她 -一定要找
– I’ll see if I can find out where. – Do that.
你最近有头痛吗
You had any headaches lately?
见到你之后才有
Not until you showed up.
会好的 等你的幻觉消失后
It will wear off, along with the hallucinations.
再见
See you around.
去吧
Get along.
他的公♥寓♥租期六个月
He has a six months’ lease.
已经住五个半月了
Used up a little more than five and a half months of it.
不太健谈 喝酒 但从不喝醉
He’s quiet, drinks, but not to drunkenness.
准时付账
Pays his bills promptly with money earned
靠推销和批发人造珠宝为生
as a costume jewelry salesman, wholesale.
不太交际 邻居与他和他妻子接触不多
Kept to himself. No neighbors got close to him or his wife.
我想他们再也没机会和她接触了
Yeah, well, I think they missed their chance with her.
她很少离家 不过昨天早上离开了
She never left the apartment, until yesterday morning.
她在哪儿
Where is she…
-什么时间 -早上六点
– What time? – 6:00 a.m.
早上6:00
6:00 a.m.
我猜我正好睡着了
I think that’s about the time I fell asleep.
太糟了 当时索沃德夫妇正离开
Too bad. Thorwalds were leaving their apartment at just that time.
觉得自己有点傻
Feel a little foolish?
还没有
Oh, not yet.
你妻子还好吗

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章火车怪客
下一篇文章细节 The Details
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!