-可以喝一杯吗 -当然 请便
– All right if I have a drink? – Sure, go ahead.
毫无疑问 他想跑了
There’s no doubt about it, he’s leaving.
只是时间问题
It’s just a question of when.
我可以看一下那个”移♥动♥钥匙孔”[指相机]吗
Mind if I use that portable keyhole?
给你 告诉我看你到什么了
Go ahead, just as long as you tell me…
给你 告诉我看你到什么了
what you’re looking at.
-奇怪 -奇怪什么
– I wonder… – You wonder what?
单身小姐像是要吃安♥眠♥药♥
Miss Lonelyhearts just laid out something that looks like…
单身小姐像是要吃安♥眠♥药♥
rodium tri- eckonal capsules.
-你看清楚了吗 -我吃过那种药
– You can tell from here? – I’ve handled enough of those red pills…
那些药可让人睡上一个冬天
to put everybody in Hackensack to sleep for the winter.
-她有足够的 -我再看看
– Does she have enough of them to… – It’ll make the rest…
很险吧
Wasn’t that close?
他有什么反应 我指看了纸条后
What was his reaction when he looked at the note?
反正不是从银行得到贷款的表情
It wasn’t the kind of expression that would get him a quick loan at the bank.
杰夫 那手提包
Jeff, the handbag!
假如索沃德太太的结婚戒指在手提包里
Suppose Mrs. Thorwald’s wedding ring…
假如索沃德太太的结婚戒指在手提包里
is among the jewelry he has in that handbag?
他打电♥话♥时拿出了三个戒指
During the phone conversation he held up three rings:
有一个是带钻石的 有一个是宝石的
one with a diamond, one with a big stone of some sort,
还有一个是金的
and then just a plain gold band.
她绝不会把结婚戒指留在家里
The last thing she would leave behind…
她绝不会把结婚戒指留在家里
would be her wedding ring.
斯泰拉 你会把结婚戒指忘在家里吗
Stella, do you ever leave yours at home?
除非有人切断我的手指
The only way anybody could get that ring would be to chop off my finger.
我们去看看花坛里埋的是什么吧
Let’s go down and find out what’s buried in the garden.
为何不呢 我一直想见见索沃德太太
Why not? I’ve always wanted to meet Mrs. Thorwald.
-你们俩在说什么 -有铲子吗
– What are you two talking about… – You got a shovel?
-当然没有 -地下室可能有
– Of course I don’t have a shovel. – Probably one in the basement.
-等等 -杰夫 如果你觉得恶心 就别看
If you’re squeamish, just don’t look.
我才不怕 我只是不想看到你俩与小狗一样下场
I’m not squeamish. I just don’t want you two to end up like that dog.
一定有东西的
Oh, you know, Miss Fremont, he might just have something there.
先等等 拿着
Just hold on. Here, take this.
为这事冒险不值得
No sense taking any chances in this thing.
把电♥话♥本给我
Give me the phone book.
-干什么 -也许我可以把他从公♥寓♥里弄出来
– What for? – Maybe I can get him out of that apartment.
我们只需几分钟
We only need a few minutes.
最好能有一刻钟
I’ll see if I can get about 15 minutes.
-怎么做 -索沃德
– How? – Thorwald.
索沃德 索沃德
Thorwald. Thorwald.
切尔西 2-7099
Chelsea 2- 7099.
2—7099
2- 7099.
也许我们可以再吓他一次
We scared him once, maybe we can scare him again.
也许说”我们”不恰当
I guess I’m using that word “we” a little freely.
一切都看你们的了
You’re taking all the chances.
-要让他加入吗 斯泰拉 -全票通过
– Shall we vote him in, Stella? – Unanimously.
2-7099 小心点
2- 7099. Look out.
切尔西
Chelsea.
切尔西
Chelsea.
快点 接电♥话♥ 索沃德
Go on, pick it up, Thorwald.
来吧 你很好奇
Go on, you’re curious.
也许是你的女伴打来的 你为她杀了人
You wonder if it’s your girlfriend calling, the one you killed for.
快接
Go on, pick it up.
-喂 -收到我的信了吗
– Hello? – Did you get my note?
你收到了吗 索沃德
Well, did you get it, Thorwald?
-你是谁 -我会让你知道的
– Who are you? – I’ll give you a chance to find out.
在阿尔伯特饭店的酒吧等我
Meet me in the bar at the Albert Hotel.
现在就去
Do it right away
-为什么 -有点事要谈
– Why should I? – A little business meeting…
关于如何处理你过世妻子的遗产
to settle the estate of your late wife.
我不懂你的意思
I… don’t know what you mean.
别装蒜了 索沃德
Quit stalling, Thorwald,
否则我报♥警♥
or I’ll hang up and call the police.
我只有大约100块
I only have a hundred dollars or so.
那只是个开始
That’s a start.
我已经到饭店了 我会等你的
I’m at the Albert now. I’ll be looking for you.
来吧 斯泰拉 我们动手
Come on, Stella, let’s go.
注意看我的窗户
One of you keep an eye on this window.
如果他回来 我会用闪光灯发信♥号♥♥
If I see him coming back, I’ll signal with a flashbulb.
这是多尤家
This is the Doyle residence.
你好 我是L·B·杰弗利 多尤先生的朋友
Hello, this is L.B. Jefferies. I’m a friend of Mr. Doyle.
-你是谁 -我是保姆
– Who’s this? – This is a baby- sitter.
-呃 他们什么时候回来 -我一点钟回家
– Oh, uh, when do you expect them in? – I’m hired till 1:00.
-他们去吃晚餐了 也许在夜♥总♥会♥ -知道了
– They went to dinner and maybe a nightclub. – I see.
如果他打电♥话♥回来
If he calls in,
让他立刻打电♥话♥给L·B·杰弗利
have him get in touch with L.B. Jefferies?
我有个惊喜给他
I might have quite a surprise for him.
我们有你的号♥码吗
Well, do we have your number, Mr. Jefferies?
-他有的 晚安 -晚安
– He has it. Good night. – Good night.
啊 斯泰拉误会单身小姐了
Ah, Stella was wrong about Miss Lonelyhearts.
丽莎 你干什么 不
Lisa, what are you… Don’t…

Don’t…
丽莎 你干什么 别去
Lisa, what are you doing? Don’t go…

Li…
快 快 离开那儿
Come on, come on! Get out of there!
她说见索沃德回来 就打他家的电♥话♥
She said ring Thorwald’s phone the second you see him come back.
我现在就打
I’ll ring it right now.
不 给她点时间
Give her another minute.
好吧 伙计们 我们从头再练一次
All right, fellows, let’s try it once from the beginning.
单身小姐 噢 快叫警♥察♥
Miss Lonelyhearts. Oh, call the police!
-接线员 -接警♥察♥局 第六分局
– Operator. – Get me the police, sixth precinct.
好的
Yes, sir.
杰夫先生 音乐让她停下来了
Mr. Jefferies, the music stopped her.
丽莎 丽莎
What… Lisa…
丽莎
Lisa.
第六分局 我是警长
Precinct Six, Sergeant Allgood.
喂 有个男人正在西九街125号♥行凶
Hello. Look, a man is assaulting a woman at 125 West Ninth Street,
二楼 背街面 快点
second floor, at the rear.Make it fast!
-你的名字 -L·B·杰弗利
– Your name? – L.B. Jefferies.
-电♥话♥ -切尔西 2-5598
– Phone number? – Chelsea 2- 5598.
门是开着的
The door was open.
-我说了 -噢 不
– I told you… – Oh, no!
放我走 杰夫
Let go of me! Jeff!
-噢 不 -杰夫 杰夫
– Oh, no! – Jeff! Jeff!
杰夫
Jeff!
丽莎 斯泰拉 我们怎么办
Lisa! Stella, what do we do?
-杰夫 杰夫 -警♥察♥来了
– Jeff! Jeff! – Here they come.
她想干什么 为什么不告发他
What’s she trying to do? Why doesn’t she turn him in?
她是个聪明的女孩
She’s a smart girl.
“聪明的女孩”她会被抓的
“Smart girl?” She’ll get herself arrested.
那样她就可以脱身了
It’ll get her out of there, won’t it?
看 结婚戒指
Look, the wedding ring!
快关灯 他看到我们了
Turn off the light! He’s seen us!
你想他还会呆多久
How long do you think he’ll stay there?
除非他比我想得还笨 他不会等着被抓的
Unless he’s dumber than I think, he won’t wait until his lease is up.
把抽屉里的钱夹给我
Get my billfold out of the drawer in the table there.
-你要钱干什么 -我保丽莎出来
– What do you need money for? – I’m gonna bail Lisa out of jail.
你可以让她呆到下周二
You could leave her there till next Tuesday.
这样你就可以按计划悄悄跑掉了
Then you could sneak safely away as planned.
对 我看看 127块
Yeah, let’s see, $ 127.
-需要多少 -这是第一次行窃
– How much do you need? – Well, this is first offense burglary.
大概250块
That’s about 250.
-丽莎的手提包 -对
– Lisa’s handbag. – Yeah.
-有多少 -50美分
– How much does she have? – Fifty cents.
-拿上这个 -我包里还有20元左右
– Here, take this. – I got $ 20 or so in my purse.
-给我 -剩下的怎么办
– Give me what you got. – What about the rest?
警♥察♥看到丽莎 也会捐助点的 快去
When those cops see Lisa, they’ll even contribute. Hurry up.
等一会 快点
Just a minute. Hurry up!
-杰弗利 -又怎么了
– Jefferies. – What is it now?
多尤 有重大发现
Doyle, I’ve got something really big for you.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章火车怪客
下一篇文章细节 The Details
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!