couldn’t we just…
为什么我们不能维持现状呢
Couldn’t we just… keep things status quo?
不考虑将来
Without any future?
几时能再见你
Well, when am I gonna see you again?
不会太久
Not for a long time.
至少在明晚之前
At least… not until tomorrow night.
下雨了
Hey, rain.
等等 还有闹钟 噢 见鬼
Wait, I’ll get the clock. Oh, no.
拉一下
Pull it…
快进去
In you go.

Oh…
你不能进来 太晚了
You can’t come in. It’s much too late.
不 现在不行
No, not now.
不 我说 “晚安”了
No, I said good night.
那是什么 夫人
What’s that supposed to be, ma’am?
我叫它”饥饿”
It’s called “Hunger.”
你以为下雨后会降温
You’d think the rain would have cooled things off.
-只会变得更闷热 -就是那儿
– All it did was make the heat wet. – That’s it, that’s it.
就是那儿酸痛
That’s stiff right there. Right there.
保险公♥司♥会很高兴的
The insurance company would be much happier…
如果你每晚睡在床上 而不是在轮椅上
if you’d sleep in bed at night instead of in that wheelchair.
-你怎么知道的 -你满眼都是血丝
– How do you know? – Eyes are all bloodshot.
-一定是盯着窗外看了好几个钟头 -的确
– Must have been watching out that window for hours. – Yeah, I was.
要是被人发现了怎么办
What are you gonna do if one of them catches you?
那得看是谁发现了 如果是多索小姐
It depends which one. Miss Torso, for example…
别乱想了
You keep your mind off her.
她肯定是个及时行乐的人
She sure is the “eat, drink and be merry” girl.
对 酗酒 发胖 最后晚景凄凉
Yeah, she’ll wind up fat, alcoholic and miserable.
可能吧
Yeah.
说到凄凉 可怜的单身小姐
Speaking of misery, poor Miss Lonelyhearts…
她又一个人喝到睡着
She drank herself to sleep again, alone.
可怜人 有一天她会找到幸福的
Poor soul. Maybe one day she’ll find her happiness.
对 不知道谁这么倒霉
Yeah, and some man will lose his.
附近有人适合她吗
Isn’t there anybody in the neighborhood who could cast an eye in her direction?
不知道
I don’t know.
那个推销员可能会
It might be that the salesman will be available soon.
跟他妻子闹翻的那个
Oh, him and his wife splitting up?
我不太明白
I just can’t figure it.
昨晚下雨时他出去了好几次
He went out several times last night in the rain,
带着他的推销箱子
carrying his sample case.
他是个推销员 不是吗
He’s a salesman, isn’t he?
早上三点出去推销什么
What would he be selling at 3:00 in the morning?
手电筒 夜光手表
Flashlights. Luminous dials for watches.
能发光的门牌号♥码
House numbers that light up.
我看不像
I don’t think so. I don’t think so.
我看他是在往外搬东西
I think he was taking something out of the apartment.
那是他自己的事
Uh- huh. His personal effects.
他想抛弃她 这个懦夫
He’s gonna run out on her, the coward.
走为上策
Yeah. Sometimes it’s worse to stay than it is to run.
没种的男人才那样
Yeah, well, it takes a particularly low type of man to do a thing like that.
今天早上怎么样
How about this morning?
-有什么进展吗 -没有
– Any further developments? – No.
他们的窗帘一直拉着
The shades are all drawn in the apartment.
-这么热的天气 -对
– In this heat? – Yeah.
可是 现在打开了
They’re up now.
-退后 退后 -去哪儿
– Get back, get back. – Where do you want me to go?
-怎么啦 -别让他看见
– Get out of sight. Get out of sight. – What’s the matter?
那家伙在看窗外 你瞧
The salesman’s looking out of his window. You see?
退后 他会看见你的
Get back. He’ll see you.
我又不害羞 我经常被人看
I’m not shy. I’ve been looked at before.
他的表情很怪
That’s no ordinary look.
只有担心别人发现自己的秘密
That’s the kind of look a man gives
才会有这种表情
when he’s afraid somebody might be watching.
走开 走开
Get away from there. Get away from there.
他会来抓你的 进屋去
He’ll be after you. Go on, into the house.
进屋去 唏 唏
Into the house. Shoo, shoo.
再见 杰弗利先生 明天见
Good- bye, Mr. Jefferies. See you tomorrow.
嗯哈
Uh- huh.
别再睡在轮椅上了
And don’t sleep in that chair again.
嗯哈
Uh- huh.
嗯哈 嗯哈 就知道嗯哈
“Uh- huh. Uh- huh.” Great conversationalist.
斯泰拉
Stella…
把望远镜拿给我 好吗
take those binoculars out and bring them here, will you?
麻烦
Trouble.
我闻到了
I can smell it.
真希望你早点拆石膏 我就不用再来了
I’ll be glad when they crack that cast, and I can get outta here.
嗯哈
Uh- huh.
一个女孩要怎样做才能让你动心
How far does a girl have to go before you’ll notice her?
只要她足够漂亮 什么也不用做
If she’s pretty enough, she doesn’t have to go anywhere.
只要她够漂亮[但她必须存在][双关]
She just has to “be.”
我不够吗 注意一下我吧
Well, ain’t I? Pay attention to me.
这样还不够注意吗
I’m not exactly on the other side of the room.
我还要你的心 我要你的全部
Your mind is… and when I want a man, I want all of him.
你从来没烦恼吗
Don’t you ever have any problems?
现在有一个
I have one now.
我也是
So do I.
说说看
Tell me about it.
为什么
Why…
为什么一个男人在雨夜
Why would a man leave his apartment three times…
提着箱子离开家三次
on a rainy night with a suitcase…
然后又回来三次
and come back three times?
他喜欢看妻子欢迎他回家
He likes the way his wife welcomes him home.
不 不
No, no. No, no.
推销员的妻子可不会
No, no. Not this salesman’s wife.
为什么他今天不去工作
And why didn’t he go to work today?
做家务吧 很有趣的
Homework. It’s more interesting.
那么杀猪刀呢
What’s interesting about a butcher knife…
还有一把锯子
and a small saw…
用报纸包着 嗯
wrapped in newspaper?
但愿没什么
Nothing, thank heaven.
为什么他一整天都不进妻子的房♥间
Why hasn’t he been in his wife’s bedroom all day?
我不敢回答
I wouldn’t dare answer that.
我来回答
Well, listen. I’ll answer it, Lisa.
一定发生了什么可怕的事
There’s something terribly wrong.
-恐怕是发生在我身上了 -你认为呢
– And I’m afraid it’s with me. – What do you think?
我不想谈论恐怖的事
Something too frightful to utter.
他几分钟前穿着汗衫出去了 现在还没回来
He went out a few minutes ago in his undershirt, hasn’t come back.
那可不是件容易处理的事
That would be a terriblejob.
如果要你分尸 你会从哪下手
Just how would you start to cut up a human body?
杰夫 说实话 你开始吓着我了
Jeff, I’ll be honest with you. You’re beginning to scare me.
杰夫 你听见了吗
Jeff, did you hear what I said?
-你开始吓着 -唏 唏 他回来了
– You’re beginning to scare… – Shh! Shh, he’s coming back.
-杰夫 管好你自己吧 -怎么啦
– Jeff, if you could only see yourself! – What’s the matter?
看窗外消磨时间是一回事
Sitting around looking out of the window to kill time is one thing,
但像你这样用望远镜偷♥窥♥
but doing it the way you are with binoculars…
而且满脑子胡思乱想是变♥态♥
and wild opinions about every little thing you see is diseased!
你以为我这是在消遣吗
Do you think I consider it recreation?
我不管你叫它什么
I don’t know what you consider it,
如果你不停止 我马上就走
but if you don’t stop it, I’m getting out of here.
-为什么 -你到底在看什么
– What’s the… – What is it you’re looking for?
我只想知道推销员的妻子怎么了
I just want to find out what’s the matter with the salesman’s wife.
这有何不对
Does that make me sound like a madman?
你怎么知道她出事了
What makes you think there’s something the matter with her?
太不正常了
A lot of things.
她有病在身 需要人贴身照顾
She’s an invalid. She demands constant care.
可一整天来 没人去过她的房♥间 为什么
Yet not the husband or anybody else has been in to see her all day. Why?
也许她病故了
Maybe she died.
怎么没看见医生
Where’s the doctor?
还有殡仪馆的人呢
Where’s the undertaker?
她可能服了镇静剂 睡着了
She could be sleeping, under sedatives.
他回来了 没什么可看的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章火车怪客
下一篇文章细节 The Details
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!