In London. He was there.
多有趣啊 在伦敦
How fascinating. In London?
C也在房♥间里
“C” was in the room?
应该是 这说明了什么
I believe so. What does that prove?
他叫亚历山大·奈基奇
His name was Alexander Nekitch.
他本来要给我提供一些很重要的情报
He was going to give me some vital information.
所以才会自杀
That’s why he committed suicide.
你怎么进来的 这里不是犯罪现场吗
How did you get in this room? Isn’t this the scene of a crime?
我在纽约警局有人
I’ve got some contacts in the New York Police Department.
我得亲自来看一看 窗子是关着的
I needed to see this for myself. The windows were closed.
门是反锁的 钥匙还插在上面
The door was locked from the inside, key in the lock.
俄♥国♥人真是厉害
They’re bloody good, these Russians.
什么意思
What do you mean?
如果看起来明确无疑 绝对是起自杀
When it looks like a grade-A, incontestable, unmistakable suicide,
那就可能不是
probably isn’t.
这跟我有什么关系
What’s this got to do with me?
去问问你的俄♥国♥联络人 《塔斯社》《真理报》
I need you to ask your Russian contacts – Tass, Pravda –
城里有没有出现新面孔
if there’s been any new faces in town.
看看他们对奈基奇的死是什么态度
See what their word is on Nekitch’s death.
装作不经意地问
Casual questions, you know,
不要引起他们怀疑
nothing to raise suspicions.
好的 没问题
All right. Of course.
我得走了
Must dash.
露丝
Ruth?
妈妈
‘Hello, Mum.’
怎么了
What’s happening?
卢卡斯·洛马给我回音了
‘Lucas Romer replied.
他准备在他的乡间俱乐部见我
‘He’s prepared to meet me. At his country club.’
妈妈 你在听吗
‘Mum? Are you still there?’
很好
Good.
来我这儿一趟 我把该说的说清楚
Come and see me and i’ll give you all the information you need.
再见
Bye.
没什么事吧
Everything all right?
我过来的时候有几个人跟着我
I had a couple of ghosts on my tail on the way here.
不过很快就被我甩掉了 你呢
Took some shaking. Very efficient. How about you?
没事 我采取了预防措施
Nothing. I took all precautions.
遵照你的规矩
Romer’s rules.
好喜欢跟你度周末
I loved our weekend.
没人起疑吗
No one suspects anything?
说不定有 他们都聪明得很
Probably. They’re all too clever.
问些试探性的问题
Little probing questions, you know.
不过莫里斯没有
Morris didn’t, though.
你什么时候见的莫里斯
When did you see Morris?
大概一小时前
About an hour ago.
他让我看了一幕可怕的景象
He showed me the most horrible scene.
有个NKVD特工在一间酒店房♥间里自杀了
Some NKVD agent committed suicide in a hotel room.
NKVD 这跟莫里斯有什么关系
NKVD? What’s it got to do with Morris?
他本该跟一个叫奈基奇的接头
He was supposed to meet this man, Nekitch.
但那人死了
But he died before.
奈基奇
Nekitch?
真奇怪 这事我怎么不知道
How odd. Why don’t I know about this?
我以为你知道呢
I assumed you did.
反正 下周三
Anyway, next Wednesday
我要去芝加哥的一个电台
I’ve got to go to a radio station in Chicago.
-我想我们是不是… -不行
– I thought maybe we could… – No.
有件别的事 你去一趟华盛顿
Something else has come up. I want you to go to Washington.
马上走
Now.
华盛顿
Washington?
-要咖啡吗 -好的
– Coffee? – Please.
但我去华盛顿做什么
What do I do in Washington?
一杯牛奶咖啡 威士忌加水
One white coffee, and a whiskey and branch water please.
好的 先生
Yes sir.
我要你去见一个叫梅森·哈丁的人
I want you to meet a man called Mason Harding.
以越洋通讯社的名义去采访这位梅森·哈丁
I want you to interview this Mason Harding for Transoceanic.
安排好 约定正式的会面
Set it up. Make it an official appointment.
然后 跟他混熟
Then, you know, get to know him.
你什么意思 跟他约会 出去喝酒吗
What do you mean? Make a date? Go for a drink?
对 跟他建立私交
Yes. Make it personal.
为什么
Why?
梅森·哈丁是哈利·霍普金斯的二把手
Mason Harding is number two to Harry Hopkins.
而哈利·霍普金斯是总统的得力助手
Harry Hopkins is the President’s right hand.
哈利·霍普金斯对罗斯福了若指掌
Harry Hopkins knows Roosevelt’s every thought.
我们需要知道总统办公室里的情况
Now, we need to know what is happening in the Oval Office.
我们得靠得这么近
We need to be THAT close.
而现在 我们离得这么远
Right now, we’re THAT close.
那么我跟这个梅森·哈丁混熟
So I get to know this Mason Harding.
我们喝喝酒 然后呢
We have a few drinks. And then what?
你要我跟他私交到什么程度
How personal do you want this to get?
到时我告诉你
I’ll tell you.
我说不定会去华盛顿 那里挺有意思
Maybe I’ll pop down to Washington – it’s an interesting place.
你能做到
You can do it.
你打定了主意谁都拦不住
No man can stand in your way when you set your mind to it.
瞧瞧我
Look at me.
我把这当做奉承了
I’ll take that as a compliment.
这是他的信息
Here’s the information.
还有钱 给自己添点衣服
And money. Buy yourself a new wardrobe.
最好能改变一下形象
A change of look would be wise.
如果我跟他十分亲密 你会怎么想
How will you feel if I get to know this man well?
我的想法毫不相关
How I feel has nothing to do with it.
你的想法也毫不相关
How YOU feel has nothing to do with it either.
我们在节节败退 伊娃
We’re losing this war, Eva.
如果美国人不帮我们
And we’ll lose it for sure
我们更是必输无疑
if we don’t get the Americas on our side.
就这么简单
It’s as simple as that.
这个梅森·哈丁是软肋 取得他们的办法
And this Mason Harding is the weak link? The way in?
是的
Yes.
我们是这么认为的
We think so.
这很重要 伊娃
It’s very important, Eva.
当然
Of course.
莫里斯为什么会认为
Why would Morris think you’d
你会对一个俄♥国♥特工的死感兴趣
be interested in a Russian agent’s death?
他想让我去试探俄♥国♥的通讯社
He wanted me to sound out the Russian press agencies.
看看他们怎么说
See what the word was.
是吗 真不寻常
Really? Most unusual.
好了 在酒店住下就给我打电♥话♥
Anyway. Call me when you’ve checked into the hotel.
我会提供你需要的信息
I’ll give you all the information you need.
行动代号♥”黄金国” 梅森是”黄金”
This is Operation Eldorado. Mason Harding is “Gold”.
祝你好运
Good luck.
就说莫里斯·戴弗罗是你叔叔
Just say that Morris Devereux was your uncle.
其他不要说
No more.
然后注意他的反应 仔细观察
Then watch for his reactions. Very closely.
注意任何微妙的变化
Any little sign.
这你说过了 你怎么这么紧张
You’ve already told me that. Why are you so nervous?
你搞得我都紧张了
You’re making me jumpy.
我不紧张
I’m not nervous.
该说的都说过了 我知道该怎么办
We’ve gone over everything. I know what to do.
我要错过火车了
Look, I’ll miss my train.
放松 我就是去跟一个人谈谈
Relax. I’m just goingto have a chat with a man.
没那么简单
It’s not that simple.
这对我很重要
It’s very important to me.
卢卡斯·洛马 只有他能帮我
Lucas Romer, he’s the only one that can help me.
只有他
The only one.
我回来就给你打电♥话♥ 没事的
Look, I’ll call you when I get back. It’ll be fine.
行了
All right!
我带您去女士[淑女]的等候室 小姐
I’m showing you to the ladies’ waiting room, miss.
你怎么知道我是个淑女
How can you tell if I’m a lady?
您说什么
I beg your pardon?
没什么
Nothing, nothing.
如果您要方便一下
If you wish to use the convenience,
请您按铃并等候 会有人来带您去
could you ring the bell and wait. Somebody will be along.
真是太好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!