Right, go on. Pick him up. Giddap!
带它往前去
Take him over to the right.
快拉
More!
接着
Here!
准备下去
Get ready to get off.
– 我的箱子 – 随它去
– My things!
– Let it go.
– 相不相信,这是我们的蜜月 – 不过最重要能活着度完
– Believe it or not, this is our honeymoon.
– The idea is to live through it.
– 我叫马特,克尔 – 我叫哈瑞,威斯 真的非常感谢你
– Calder’s my name. Matt Calder.
– Weston. Harry Weston. I sure thank you.
– 嗨 – 又见到你,真是太好了
– Hi!
– It’s so good to see you again.
– 你们两个认识?- 这是我的老朋友
– You two know each other?
– We’re old friends.
你们最好来屋里弄干衣服
Come up to the cabin and dry off.
– 儿子,你先去升一堆火 – 好的
– Son, run along and build up a fire.
– All right.
来,我们一起去
Come on, I’ll go with you.
– 我们走吧! – 我跟着你!走吧!
– Let’s go.
– I’m with you. Let’s go.
– 这是什么?克尔,你这里有些什么呢? – 一个农场
– What is this? What you got here, Calder?
– A farm.
这方圆几百里的人都在淘金,你却在这儿种地?
Everybody is lookin’ for gold and you’re diggin’ a farm?
没错
That’s it.
– 也许你晓得你正在做什么 – 我自己知道,别人不晓得
– Maybe you know what you’re doing.
– Well, I know that they don’t.
– 我是否在哪见过你 – 那得看你是做什么的
– Don’t I know you from somewhere?
– That might depend on what you do.
– 我是个赌徒 – 那你绝对没有见过我
– I’m a gambler.
– Then you don’t know me from anywhere.
– 我常说,有什么差别呢? – 我也常这么说
– I always say “What’s the difference?”
– That’s what I always say.
– 他在整理木筏 – 他急着赶路
– He fixed the sweep on the raft.
– Yeah, he’s a man in a hurry.
这是攸关生死的,他要去县里
It’s a matter of life and death.He’s gotta get to Council City.
– 乘那木筏去吗?- 他是这么说的
– On that raft?
– He says so.
那他可别把麻烦带给我
Well, don’t bring his troubles to me.
她非常漂亮,对吧!
She’s beautiful, isn’t she?
马克,有句老话,那不过是肤浅的外表
There’s an old saying, Mark,”it’s only skin-deep.”
– 什么?- 美丽
– What is?
– Beauty.
多肤浅?
How deep should it be?
孩子,你可以问她,她看来像是个专家
Well, ask her, son. She looks like an expert.
– 嗨 – 嗨,朋友
– Hi.
– Hi, friend.
它非常高贵,是吧?
Pretty elegant, aren’t they?
是我唯一的!得小心一点
Gotta take care of them.They’re all I got left.
– 你为何要结婚呢?- 我恋爱了
– Why did you get married?
– I fell in love.
– 当你恋爱时,你是如何知道的 – 我不知道!好像是吃不下睡不着
– How do you know when you fall in love?
– I don’t know. Can’t eat or sleep.
– 像是胃在难受吗? – 差不多啦,不过难受的是心
– Like an ache in the stomach?
– Same thing, only in the heart.
– 等你长大你就知道了 – 你多大年纪了
– You’ll find out when you get older.
– How old are you?
怎么可以问淑女的年龄呢?虽然!我不算是淑女
That’s no question to ask a lady! Not that I’m a lady.
你为何会不是呢?
Why aren’t you?
过十年再来看我,我再跟你说
See me in about ten years.I’ll try and tell you.
我说你长得很漂亮,他却说美丽不过是肤浅的外表
I said you were beautiful,and he said beauty was skin-deep.
– 谁说的 – 马特,我爸,他说这是一句老话
– Who did?
– Matt, my dad. He said it was an old saying.
是一只老乌鸦说的一句老话
It’s an old saying by an old crow.
– 你何时失去你母亲的? – 爸一走她也走了
– When did you lose your mother?
– It was while Dad was away.
所以,爸才会来接我
That’s why he sent for me.
– 你也要去找黄金吗?- 我想得到些
– Are you going to look for gold?
– I could stand a little.
– 你会怎么利用呢?- 利用它?
– What would you do with it?
– Do with it?
买♥♥漂亮衣服,住大城市的豪华旅馆,去听歌♥剧
Buy fancy gowns, live in the swell hotels in the big city. Go to the opera.
– 那是什么? – 那是音乐
– What’s that?
– That’s music.
格调很高又时髦,跟我不同
Very high-toned and fancy.Not like mine.
我喜欢你的歌♥
I like yours.
可不可以唱首歌♥呢?
Would you sing one?
我来为你唱一首,看我记不记得
I might have one for you,if I can remember it.
那是好久以前的一首歌♥
It was a long time ago.
南风在松木间叹息
When Mr South Wind sighs in the pines
老冬天先生,还发牢骚
Old Mr Winter whimpers and whines
在草原上
Down in the meadow
在白雪下
Under the snow
四月唤醒绿意
April is teaching green things to grow
西风先生在森林空地上嗡嗡叫
When Mr West Wind howls in the glade
老夏天先生
Old Mr Summer
轻叩蔽荫之地
Nods in the shade
在草原上
Down in the meadow
溪流里
Under the brook
鲶鱼等着上钩
Catfish are waitin’ for the hook
老黑鸟小姐跟稻草人在嬉戏
Old Lady Blackbird flirts with the scarecrow
稻草人在月光下舞动
Scarecrow is waving at the moon
月老先生让每个地方的心儿
Old Mr Moon makes hearts everywhere go
神奇的六月
With the magic of June
好了!来吃饭了
All right, come and get it.
东风先生
When Mr East Wind
在上头大声吼
Shouts overhead
然后叶子
Then all the leaves
全变黄变红
Turn yellow and red
在草原上
Down in the meadow
玉米梗长得高高的
Corn stocks are high
南瓜成熟等着做派
Pumpkins are ripe and ready for pie
看你这样子,我看你绝对当不了一个农夫
I look at you and I can’t see you becoming a farmer.
你做别的事我或许还会相信
Anything else I might believe.
– 你不相信,我只好全力以赴 – 要来点咖啡吗?
– I’ll try and struggle along without you.
– Some more coffee?
人们发现黄金以后会怎么做呢?
What do they do with the gold after they find it?
– 他们会把它变换成金钱 – 他们为何要用黄金呢?
– They make money out of it.
– Why do they use gold?
因为不易得到
Because it’s hard to get.
他们为何不挑容易得到的东西呢
Why don’t they use something easy to get?
因为容易得到的东西,人们就不会在乎它!
If something’s easy to get,people don’t care about it.
觉得没价值
They don’t value it.
如果很难得到!就如获至宝
If it’s hard to get,then you’ve got something.
就像是貂吗?貂很难抓
Like a mink? A mink is hard to catch.
现在你明白了,正是这个意思
Now you’ve got it. That’s the idea exactly.
– 那臭鼬呢? – 再拿盘子来吧!
– How about a skunk?
– How about another dish?
克尔,你觉得从到这到县里要多久呢?
Calder, how long do you think it’ll take us to get from here to Council City?
– 这乡下你不熟吧? – 是不熟!不过我这有张地图
– You don’t know this country.
– No, but I got a map here.
好,你现在这里
All right. You’re right here.
到这里会有麻烦,不过还是有机会
Now you had some trouble getting here,and some luck too.
– 往下走便是县城了 – 不是很远嘛
– There’s Council City down there.
– That’s not far.
或许木筏在这里和郡治之间,不会遇到急流
A good green log might not make those rapids between here and Council City.
– 这是最尾端后的一个了 – 我知道,我当时也在
– We made the last one.
– I know. I was there.
河水从这儿急转直下,水势越来越急
The river drops from here. The rapids get worse.
它切割了长达15里的峡谷
You cut through a gorge of solid wall for 15 miles.
峡谷笔直矗立
The wall goes straight up.
另外一条就是陆路,不过你既没枪又没马
The other way is overland, but you haven’t got a gun, haven’t got a horse.
这么说,我是过不去了?
So you say it can’t be done.
你问我有多远?就是这么远
You asked me how far it was,that’s how far.
够了
That’s enough.
克尔!我得去县里登记金矿采矿权
Calder, I got a gold claim to file in Council City.
我得过去
I gotta get there.
你无法想像我能成为个农夫,我也无法想像你是采矿的
You can’t imagine me being a farmer. I can’t imagine you a prospector.
一场赌局赢来的
Won it in a stud game.
我一生都赢小输大
All my life, I won the little pots and lost the big ones.
– 这次我算是走运了 – 走运?
– This time I got lucky.
– Lucky?
我跟一个呆子赌,我随便露一手就把他给摆平
With the boob I was playing, cheatin’ would have just gotten in the way
– 那你急什么呢? – 也许那个人也和你一样想
– Then what’s your hurry?
– Maybe the man thinks like you do.
我不是走运
That it wasn’t just luck
– 他又能怎么样呢? – 也许他也想到县里去
– What can he do about it now?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!