Henslowe,
汉斯乐
do you know what happens to a man who doesn’t pay his debts?
你知道欠钱不还会有什么后果吗?
His boots catch fire!
他的靴子会着火
Why do you how!… when it is I who am bitten?
你干嘛哀嚎? 我才是受害人
What am I, Mr. Lambert? Bitten, Mr. Fennyman.
蓝伯特 我怎么啦? 被诈了 费尼门先生
How badly bitten, Mr. Frees?
诈了多少钱 佛利先生?
Twelve pounds, one schilling and fourpence, Mr. Fennyman, including interest.
十二镑 一先令和四便士 包括利息
Aaah! I can pay you! When?
我会还你! 什么时候?
Two weeks! Three weeks at the most! Oh, for pity’s sake!
两个礼拜! 最多三个礼拜! 饶了我吧!
Take them out.
把他脚抬起来
Where will you find…
三个礼拜内你去哪里找…
Sixteen pounds, five schillings and ninepence.
十六镑 五先令和九便士
Including interest, in three weeks?
包括利息?
I have a wonderful new play. Put them back in.
我有个绝佳的新剧本 把他脚放回去
It’s a comedy! Cut off his nose.
是个喜剧! 割掉他鼻子
It’s a new comedy by William Shakespeare.
是威廉·莎士比亚的喜剧
And his ears. And a share!
耳朵也割掉 你也有份!
We will be partners, Mr. Fennyman!
我们合伙 费尼门先生!
Partners?
合伙?
It’s a crowd-tickler.
一定受欢迎
Mistaken identities. Shipwreck. Pirate king.
关于弄错身份 海难 海盗王等
A bit with a dog, and love triumphant. I think I’ve seen it.
还有狗和恋爱之类的 太俗套
I didn’t like it.
我不喜欢
But this time it is by Shakespeare. What’s it called?
但这次是莎士比亚写的 叫什么?
Romeo and Ethel, the Pirate’s Daughter.
罗密欧与爱索 海盗之女
Good title.
名字不错
A play takes time. Find the actors, rehearsals.
上演一部戏很花时间 得找演员 排演
Let’s say we open in two weeks.
我们两个礼拜内就要上演
That’s, what, 500 groundlings at tuppence a head.
500个站位 一个人两便士
In addition, 400 backsides at threepence, a penny extra for cushions.
400个坐位 一个人三便士 再加一便士有坐垫
Call it, uh, 200 cushions.
假如卖♥♥出200个坐垫
Say two performances for safety. How much is that, Mr. Frees?
保守点就算两场 有多少收入?
Twenty pounds to the penny, Mr. Fennyman. Correct.
整整二十磅 费尼门先生 没错
But I have to pay the actors and the author. Share of the profits.
我得付给演员和作者 大家来分利润
There’s never any… Of course not.
根本就没利润 当然没有
Oh…Oh, Mr. Fennyman, I think you might have hit upon something.
费尼门先生 你出了个好主意
Sign there.
在那里签名
So, Romeo and Ethel, the Pirate’s Daughter.
罗密欧与爱索 海盗之女
Almost finished?
快写完了?
Oh, without doubt he’s completing it at this very moment.
毫无疑问 马上就写完了
Will. Will!
威廉 威廉
Where is my play?
剧本呢?
Tell me you have it nearly done. Tell me you have it started.
告诉我你快写完了 告诉我你已经开始写了
Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move.
怀疑星星不是火 怀疑太阳会转动
No, no, we haven’t the time. Talk prose.
没时间了 别再做诗了
Where is my play?
我的剧本呢?
It is all locked safe in here. God be praised.
全都安全的锁在这儿了 谢天谢地
Locked?
在哪?
As soon as I find my muse. Who is she this time?
只要我一找到灵感 这次是哪个女人?
She is always Aphrodite.
还是阿佛黛
Aphrodite Baggot, who does it behind the Dog and Trumpet?
阿佛黛 老在酒吧后头搞的那个?
Henslowe, you have no soul,
汉斯乐 你没灵魂
so how can you understand the emptiness that seeks a soul mate?
你怎能了解渴求灵魂伙伴时的空虚?
Ow! Will!
威廉
I am a dead man, and buggered to boot.
我被搞得好惨 死定了
My theater is closed by the plague these twelve weeks.
我的剧院因为瘟疫关了十二个礼拜
My actors are forced to tour the inn yards of England…
我的演员被迫流落到酒馆去表演
while Mr. Burbage and the Chamberlain’s Men are invited to court…
而波贝和张伯伦的演员却受邀到皇宫
and receive ten pounds to play your piece,
演你的戏得了十镑的奖赏
written for my theater, by my writer, at my risk…
用写给我剧场的剧本 我的编剧 而我冒险
when you were green and grateful.
用你这种年轻没经验的人
What piece? Richard Crookback? No! It’s comedy they want.
哪出戏? 理查三世? 不! 他们要喜剧
Like Romeo and Ethel.
像罗密欧与爱索
Who wrote that? Nobody. You were writing it for me.
谁写的? 还没开始 你得替我写
I gave you three pound a month since. Half what you owe me.
我一个月前就给你三镑 那只值你欠我的一半
I’m still due for One Gentleman of Verona.
你还得付我威洛纳之绅的钱
What is money to you and me? I, your patron, you, my wordwright.
钱对你我有何意义? 我出资 你编剧
When the plague lifts,
等瘟疫过去
Burbage will have a new play by Christopher Marlowe for the Curtain.
波贝会有克里斯多夫·马罗替卡登剧场写的新戏
I will have nothing for the Rose. Mr. Henslowe.
玫瑰剧场却没戏 汉斯乐
Will you lend me 50 pounds? Fifty pounds?
借我五十镑 五十镑?
What for?
要来做什么?
Burbage offers me a partnership in the Chamberlain’s Men.
波贝要我成为张伯伦剧组的合伙人
For 50 pounds, my days as a hired player are over.
只要五十镑 我受雇演员的生涯就结束了
Oh, cut out my heart. Throw my liver to the dogs.
哦 太伤我的心了 你真可怜
No, then?
你意思是不肯罗?
Theaters are handmaidens of the devil!
剧场是魔鬼之仆!
The players breed lewdness in your wives and wickedness in your children!
演员和你的老婆厮混 教坏你的小孩!
And the Rose smells thusly rank by any name!
管你叫什么玫瑰剧场 闻起来都一样臭!
I say, a plague on both their houses!
我咒他们全因瘟疫而关门!
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
My weekly confession.
我每周的告解
Words, words, words.
文思 文思 文思
Once, I had the gift.
我曾有此天赋
I could make love out of words as a potter makes cups of clay.
我能用文思创造出爱情 就像泥匠用泥块雕塑出杯子
Love that overthrows empires.
爱能推♥翻♥帝国
Love that binds two hearts together, come hellfire and brimstone.
爱让两颗心结合 冒出熊熊烈火
For sixpence a line, I could cause a riot in a nunnery.
一行台词六便士 我能在修道院引起骚动
But now… And yet you tell me you lie with women.
但现在… 可是你告诉我你骗女人上♥床♥
Black Sue, Fat Phoebe,
黑人苏 胖菲比
Rosaline, Burbage’s seamstress, Aphrodite, who does it behind…
洛丝琳 波贝的缝衣妇 阿佛黛 那个在酒吧后…
Yes, now and again. What of it?
偶而罢了 又怎样呢?
I have lost my gift.
我已失去了天赋
I am here to help you.
我能帮你忙
Tell me, in your own words.
说说吧 用你自己的话
I-lt’s as if my quill is broken,
就好像我的羽毛笔断了
as if the organ of my imagination has dried up,
好像我想像力枯竭了
as if the proud tower of my genius has collapsed.
好像我天才之塔倒塌了
Interesting. Nothing comes.
有趣 全没了
Most interesting.
很有趣
It’s like trying to pick a lock with a wet herring.
好像想要用湿鲱鱼当钥匙开门
Tell me, are you lately humbled in the act of love?
你最近的性生活是否不如意?
How long has it been?
多久了?
A goodly length in times past, but lately…
相当久了 但最近
No, no. You have a wife, children?
不 不 你有老婆 小孩?
Aye.

I was a lad of 18.
当年我才18岁
Anne Hathaway was a woman half as old again.
安·海乐薇比我大九岁
A woman of property? She had a cottage.
这女人有财产? 她有一栋小屋
One day she was three months gone with child, so…
有一天发现她怀孕三个月了…
And your relations?
你们的关系呢?
On my mother’s side, the Ardens. No, your marriage bed.
我母亲那方的 亚登家族 不 你们的婚姻关系
Four years and a hundred miles away in Stratford.
四年了 而且在一百五十公里外的斯特拉福
A cold bed, too, since the twins were born.
双胞胎出生后 她就很冷淡
Banishment was a blessing.
对我不理不睬反而是件好事
So, now you are free to love… Yet cannot love, nor write it.
那你就可以自♥由♥去爱啦 但我无法爱 也无法写作
Here is a…a bangle…
这里有一个…手镯
found in Psyche’s temple on Olympus.
在奥林匹斯山的赛克宫找到的
Cheap at fourpence.
才四便士
Write your name on a paper and feed it into the snake.
把你的名字写在纸上塞进蛇的嘴里
Will it restore my gift?
我的天赋就能恢复?
The woman who wears the snake will dream of you, and your gift will return.
戴上它的女人会迷上你 你的天赋也能恢复
Words will flow like a river.
你会文思泉涌
See you next week.
下礼拜再见
Now where? To the palace at Whitehall.
现在去哪儿? 霭赫宫殿
All right.
好吧
Hello, Will.
嗨 威廉
Prithee, Mr. Kempe. Break a leg.
肯比先生 祝你好运
You too, good Crab.
克拉 也祝你好运
Crab’s nervous. He’s never played the palace.
他很紧张 从没在皇宫表演过

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!