I seek Master Thomas Kent.
我找汤玛士·肯特先生
Musicians don’t eat. Sir Robert’s orders.
音乐家不准吃 这是爵士的命令
She’s a beauty, my lord,
阁下 她是个美人
as would take a king to church for the dowry of a nutmeg.
即使是穷家女 国王也会娶她
My plantations in Virginia are not mortgaged for a nutmeg.
我在维吉尼亚的大农场可不娶穷女子
I have an ancient name which will bring you preferment…
我家名声显赫 会带给你名利
when your grandson is a Wessex.
如果你孙子姓韦赛斯
Is she fertile? Oh, she will breed.
她能生孩子吗 她当然能
If she do not, send her back. Is she obedient?
如果不会生 把她送回来 她听话吗?
As any mule in Christendom.
跟骡子一样听话
But if you are the man to ride her,
如果你跟她上♥床♥
there are rubies in the saddlebag.
她真是块宝
I like her.
我喜欢她
By all the stars in heaven.
在众多美女中
Who is she?
她是谁?
Viola De Lesseps? Dream on, Will.
薇奥拉? 威廉 别做梦了
Master Shakespeare.
莎士比亚先生
My lady Viola.
薇奥拉小姐
My lord.
阁下
I have spoken with your father.
我与令尊谈过了
So, my lord? I speak with him every day.
又怎样? 我每天都和他说话
Good sir.
先生
I heard you were a poet.
听说你是诗人
A poet of no words?
诗人辞穷啦?
Poet?
诗人?
I was a poet till now, but I’ve seen beauty that puts my poems…
我自认是诗人 而美女居然把我的诗
at one with the talking ravens in the Tower.
和伦敦塔里聒噪的乌鸦相比
How do I offend, my lord? By coveting my property.
我怎么得罪你啦 阁下? 你垂涎我的女人
I cannot shed blood in her house, but I will cut your throat anon.
我不能在她家杀你 但是改天我会切断你的喉咙
Do you have a name?
你叫什么名字?
Christopher Marlowe, at your service.
克里斯多夫·马罗 请指教
Romeo. Romeo.
罗密欧 罗密欧
A Young Man of Verona.
威洛纳的年青人
A comedy by William Shakespeare.
威廉莎士比亚的喜剧
My lady! Who is there?
小姐! 谁在下面?
Will Shakespeare. Madam!
莎士比亚 小姐!
Anon, good nurse, anon.
来啦 奶娘 来啦
Oh, Master Shakespeare. The same, alas.
哦 莎士比亚先生 唉 还是一样
But why “alas”?
为什么要”唉”?
A lowly player. Alas, indeed.
一个低下的演员 确实是”唉”
For I thought you the highest poet of my esteem
我可把你当成我最欣赏的卓越诗人
and a writer of plays that capture my heart.
能掳获我心的剧作家
Oh, I am him too. Madam!
哦 那也是我 小姐!
Anon! I will come again.
来啦! 我会再回来
Oh, I am fortune’s fool. I will be punished for this.
哦 命运戏弄我 我这样作会被惩罚的
Oh, my lady, my love!
哦 小姐 我的爱
If they find you here, they will kill you.
如果被发现 他们会杀了你
You can bring them with a word. Oh, not for the world.
你一出声他们就会来 噢 我决不会这么作
Madam! Anon!
小姐! 来啦!
Draw, if you be men!
如果是男子汉 拔剑吧!
Gregory, remember thy swashing blow!
葛雷格瑞 给他重重一击!
Part, fools! Put up your swords. You know not what you do.
住手 傻瓜! 把剑收起来 你们不知道在作什么?
It starts well, then it’s all long-faced about some Rosaline.
开头很好 接着就全是关于什么洛斯琳的悲愁
Where’s the comedy, Will? Where’s the dog?
喜剧在哪儿? 狗在哪儿?
Do you think it’s funny?
你认为好笑吗?
I was a pirate king, now I’m a nurse. That’s funny.
我先当海盗王 现在变奶娘 这很好笑
We are six men short, and those we have will be overparted ranters…
还差六人 眼前这些多余角色都是喧喧嚷嚷
and stutterers who should be sent back to the stews.
和结结巴巴的人 全该送回贫民窟
My Romeo’s let me down. I see disaster.
罗密欧让我失望 灾难大了
We are four acts short, if you’re looking for disaster.
我们还缺四幕 这才是大灾难呢
Sir! Who are you, master?
先生! 你是谁?
I’m Ethel, sir, the pirate’s daughter.
先生 我演爱索 海盗女儿
I’ll be damned if you are!
如果你演的话 我真该死了
Your attention, please!
请注意
Gentlemen, thank you! You are welcome.
各位先生 谢谢 不客气
Who’s that? Nobody. He’s the author.
那是谁? 谁也不是 他是作者
We are about to embark on a great voyage.
我们即将展开伟大之旅
It is customary to make a little speech on the first day.
习惯上首演那天 都会先有一小段演讲
It does no harm. Authors like it.
无伤大雅 作者都喜欢
You want to know what parts you are to receive.
你们想知道自己接演什么角色
All will be settled as we…
一切都有安排…
I’ll do it.
让我来说
Now listen to me, you dregs.
你们这群垃圾 听我说
Actors are ten a penny,
演员好找得很
and l, Hugh Fennyman, hold your nuts in my hand.
你们全握在我休·费尼门的手上
Huzzah!
好啊!
The Admiral’s Men are returned to the house!
阿得曼剧组的人回剧场喽
Huzzah!
好啊!
Henslowe!
汉斯乐
Earl! Good to see you.
厄尔! 真高兴见到你
Who is this?
这位是谁?
Silence, you dog!
你这小人 安静
I am Hieronimo.
我是赫若尼姆
I am Tamburlaine.
我是谭伯伦
I am Faustus.
我是佛斯特
I am Barabbas, the Jew of Malta.
我是马他犹太人里的巴拉巴
Oh, yes, Master Will. I am Henry the Sixth.
威廉先生 我是亨利六世
What is the play, and what is my part?
是哪出剧? 我演什么角色?
Uh, one moment, sir… Who are you?
先生 等一下… 你是谁?
I’m, um…I’m the money.
我是出钱的人
Then you may remain,
留下来吧
so long as you remain silent.
只要你不出声
Pay attention. You will see how genius creates a legend.
注意! 请看天才如何创造传奇
Thank you, sir. We are in desperate want of a Mercutio, Ned.
先生 谢谢你 我们急需人饰演马库修
A young nobleman of Verona.
威洛纳的年轻贵族
And the title of this piece? Mercutio.
这出剧叫什么名? 马库修
Is it?
是吗?
I will play him.
那我来演他
Mr. Pope. Mr. Philips. Welcome.
伯普先生 菲利先生 欢迎
George Bryan. James Armitage.
乔治·拜恩 詹姆·阿特
Sam, my pretty one!
山姆 我的美人儿
Are you ready to fall in love again? I am, Master Shakespeare.
你准备好再堕入情网了吗? 准备好了
Your voice. Have they dropped?
你的声音 你变声了吗?
No! No. A touch of cold only.
没有! 只是着凉了
Master Henslowe, you have your actors… except Thomas Kent.
除了汤玛士·肯特 演员都到齐了
I, uh, I saw his Tamburlaine, you know.
我看过他演谭伯伦 你懂的
It was wonderful. Yes, I saw it.
演得真好 是的
Of course, such mighty writing.
当然 这么有力的作品
There’s no one like Marlowe.
没人比得上马罗
Better fortune, boy.
祝你下次好运 孩子
I was in a play.
我演过戏
They cut my head off in Titus Andronicus.
在台特·安卓尼戏里我被砍头
When I write plays, they’ll be like Titus.
如果我写剧本 要像台特一样
You admire it.
你欣赏它
I liked it when they cut heads off,
我喜欢砍头的情节
and the daughter mutilated with knives.
还有女孩用刀子自残
What’s your name? John Webster.
你叫什么名字? 约翰·韦斯特
Here, kitty, kitty.
来这里 猫咪
Plenty of blood.
好多血
That’s the only writing.
这是唯一的好戏
I have to get back.
我得回去了
See, where he comes. So please you step aside.
看 他来了 请你先站旁边
I’ll know his grievance, or be much denied.
我问他委屈 问不出别认我
I would thou wert so happy by thy stay to hear true shrift. Come, madam.
留下来 听他的真实告解
Cut around him for now. What? Who?
绕到旁边去 什么?
Romeo. The one who came with your letter.
罗密欧 给你捎信的那一位
What? Good morrow, cousin.
什么? 早安 堂哥
Is the day so young?
仍然是早上吗?
But new struck nine. Ay me. Sad hours seem long.
现在才九点 唉 时间过的真慢
What sadness lengthens Romeo’s hours?
有什么事让罗密欧如此的忧愁?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!