When will you write me a tragedy, Will?
威廉 写个悲剧给我吧?
I could do it. No, they would laugh at Seneca if you played it.
我会演的 不 你会被人笑死
There is no dog in the first scene, Mr. Kempe, thank you.
第一场戏没有狗 谢谢你 肯比先生
How goes it, Will? I’m still owed money for this play, Burbage.
威廉 最近好吗? 你还欠我这出戏的钱
Not by me. I only stole it.
我不欠你 我是偷来的
My sleeve wants for a button, Mistress Rosaline.
我袖子掉了个扣子 洛丝琳小姐
Where were my seamstress’ eyes?
裁缝师的眼睛长到哪儿去了?
When are you coming over to the Chamberlain’s Men?
你何时要加入张伯伦的剧组?
When I have 50 pounds.
等你付我50镑后
You writing? A comedy. All but done.
你剧本写了? 一个喜剧 快写完了
A pirate comedy.
一个海盗的喜剧
Wonderful. Bring it tomorrow.
好极了 明天带来
It’s for Henslowe. He paid me. Ten pounds. You’re a liar.
那是给汉斯乐的 他付我10镑 你说谎
He wants Romeo for Ned and the Admiral’s Men.
他想把罗密欧给尼得和阿德曼的人演
Ned’s wrong for it.
尼得的人不适合
Will?
威廉?
Here’s two sovereigns.
这里有两个金币
I’ll give you another two when I see the pages. Done.
等我看到剧本再付给你两个 成交
Burbage, I will see you hanged for a pickpocket.
你会因扒窃罪被吊死
The queen has commanded it. She loves a comedy.
是女王命令的 她喜欢看喜剧
And the Master of the Revels favors us.
而且是飨宴官挑我们演的
And what favor does Mr. Tilney receive from you?
提尔尼先生收了你什么好处?
Ask him. She comes!
去问他啊 她来了
Cease to persuade, my loving Proteus.
别说了 我亲爱的普特斯
Home-keeping youth have ever homely wits,
待在家里的年轻人总是平庸
were it not affection chains thy tender days…
若非爱连起一串温柔的日子
When will you write me a sonnet, Will?
给我写一首十四行诗?
I’ve lost my gift. You left it in my bed.
我已失去了我的天赋 你把它落在我床上了
Come to look for it again.
再来我这儿找啊
Are you to be my muse, Rosaline?
洛丝琳 你愿做我的灵感吗?
Burbage has my keeping,
波贝拥有我的身体
but you have my heart.
你却拥有我全部的心
You see? The consumptives plot against me.
瞧 那些观众又不捧场了
Will Shakespeare has a play.
威廉·莎士比亚写了部戏
Let’s go and cough through it.
去看看然后一直咳到底
My father weeping; my mother wailing;
我父亲在流泪 母亲在哭泣
our maid howling; our cat wringing her hands.
我家的女仆哀嚎 我家的猫扭着它的手
Yet did not this coldhearted cur…
可是这个铁石心肠的
shed one tear…
却不流泪
You see? Comedy.
你看见了吗? 喜剧
Love, and a bit with a dog.
爱情 再凑上一条狗
That’s what they want.
那是他们要的
He is a stone, a very pebble stone,
他心硬如石 铁石心肠
and has no more pity in him than a dog!
可怜他跟可怜狗差不多
A Jew would have wept to have seen our parting.
连犹太人都会为我们分离而流泪
Now the dog all this while sheds not a tear, nor speaks a word…
这条狗却不流一滴泪 也不说句话
Well played, Master Crab!
演得真好 克拉先生
I commend you!
我嘉奖你
What light is light…
如果见不着丝薇亚
if Silvia be not seen?
哪种光才算光?
What joy is joy…
如果丝薇亚不在身旁
if Silvia be not by?
哪种欢乐才叫欢乐?
Unless it be to think that she is by…
除非想着她在身旁
and feed upon the shadow of perfection.
从接近完美的她获得灵感
Except I be by Silvia in the night,
如果夜晚不能依偎丝薇亚
there is no music in the nightingale.
夜莺歌♥唱也不悦耳
Unless I look on Silvia in the day,
如果白天不能看着丝薇亚
there is no day for me to look upon.
我将不能面对白天
Did you like Proteus or Valentine best?
你喜欢普鲁提斯还是华伦泰
Proteus for speaking. Valentine for looks.
普鲁提斯会念台词 华伦泰英俊
Oh, I liked the dog for laughs.
哦 我喜欢狗引起的笑闹
Silvia, I did not care for much.
我不太喜欢丝薇亚
His fingers were red from fighting…
他的手指因为打架而成红色
and he spoke like a schoolboy at lessons.
而且他像个被训叱的学生
Stage love will never be true love…
舞台上的爱永远不是真爱
while the law of the land has our heroines
本地法律让小男生
being played by pipsqueak boys in petticoats.
穿着女装演女主角
Oh, when can we see another? When the queen commands it.
什么时候再看一出戏 当女皇要看的时候
No, but at the playhouse. Nurse!
不 去剧场看 奶娘
Be still. Playhouses are not for wellborn ladies.
剧场不是有身份的淑女去的
Oh! I’m not so wellborn.
我并不是那么高贵
Well-monied is the same as wellborn,
有钱就高贵
and well-married is more so.
嫁入侯门也一样
Lord Wessex was looking at you tonight.
今晚威克赛阁下一直看着你
All the men at court are without poetry.
在宫廷的所有男人都是市侩
If they see me, they see my father’s fortune.
他们看我 是看我父亲的财富
I will have poetry in my life,
我要生命充满着诗
and adventure.
充满着冒险
And love. Love above all.
以及爱 爱情至上
Like Valentine and Silvia?
像华伦泰与丝薇亚?
No, not the artful postures of love,
不 不是虚假的爱
but love that overthrows life.
是刻骨铭心的爱
Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart,
不顾一切 不受控制 心潮澎湃
and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.
自♥由♥自在 随它毁灭或着心醉神迷
Love as there has never been in a play.
这种爱一定演不出来
I will have love, or I will end my days as…
我一定得有这种爱 否则我会终我余生做个…
As a nurse?
做个奶娘
Oh, but I would be Valentine and Silvia too.
喔 我也会成为华伦泰和丝薇亚
Oh, good nurse, God save you, and good night.
喔 我的好奶娘 上帝保佑你 晚安
I would stay asleep my whole life…
如果能梦到自己成为演员
if I could dream myself into a company of players.
我愿睡一辈子
Clean your teeth while you dream, then.
那么做梦前先刷你的牙齿吧
Now spit.
吐出来
This time the boots are coming off.
这一次鞋子是脱掉的
What have I done? The theaters have all been closed down by the plague.
我做了什么? 剧场因为瘟疫关门了
Oh, that. By order of the Master of the Revels.
哦 是这件事 这是飨晏官的命令
Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theater business.
费尼门先生 请听我解释剧场的生意
The natural condition is one of insurmountable
自然的灾害
obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
非人力所控制
So what do we do? Nothing.
我们现在怎么办 什么也不做
Strangely enough, it all turns out well. How?
结果通常会否极泰来 真会这样?
I don’t know. It’s a mystery.
我也不知道 这是个谜
Shall I kill him, Mr. Fennyman?
费尼门先生 可以把他宰了吗?
The theaters are reopened…
剧场又开门了
by order of the Master of the Revels!
这是飨宴官的命令
The theaters are reopened!
剧场又开门了!
Mr. Fennyman.
费尼门先生
Mr. Tilney has reopened the playhouses.
提尔尼先生的剧场又开张了
If you wouldn’t mind.
如果你不介意…
Where’s the play?
剧本呢
Oh, it’s coming. It’s coming.
噢 快来了 就快来了
It’s coming.
就快来了
Will!
威廉
Will, I have wonderful news.
威廉 我有天大的好消息
So have I. Romeo and Rosaline, scene one.
罗密欧与罗莎琳 第一场
God, I’m good!
上帝呀 我真行
Rosaline? You mean Ethel.
罗莎琳? 你是指爱索
Richard?
理查?
Burbage!
波贝!
Mr. Tilney.
提尔尼先生
Like you, I found him not at home.
跟你一样 我发现他不在家
I would’ve made you immortal.
我原本会捧得你大红大紫
Tell Burbage he has lost a new play by Will Shakespeare.
告诉波贝 莎士比亚剧本没他的份了
What does Burbage care of that?
波贝会在乎吗?
He’s readying the Curtain for Kit Marlowe.
他准备在卡登剧场上演马罗的剧本
You’ve opened the playhouses? I have, Master Shakespeare.
你把剧场开张了? 是的 莎士比亚先生
But the plague… Yes, I know.
但是瘟疫… 这个我知道
But he was always hanging around the house.
但是他常常在剧场流连
The special today is a pig’s foot marinated in juniper berry vinegar,
今晚的特餐是酸猪脚草莓
served on a buckwheat pancake… Will!
另加蔫麦薄饼… 威廉!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!