禁闭岛
波士顿港岛 1954年
Pull yourself together, Teddy. Pull yourself together.
振作点 泰迪 打起精神来
It’s just water.
只是水而已
It’s a lot of water.
很多水
A lot of…
很多…
Come on.
坚持住
You okay, boss?
你没事吧 头儿
Yeah, I’m fine, I just…
没事 我只是…
I just can’t… can’t stomach the water.
我有恐水症
You’re my new partner. That’s right.
你是我新搭档吗 没错
Not the best way to meet, with my head halfway down the toilet.
头次见面就吐了 可不怎么好
Doesn’t exactly square with “teddy daniels, the man, the legend,”
与传奇人物泰迪·丹尼尔斯的头衔相比
I’ll give you that. The legend?
确实不怎么相称 传奇人物
What the hell you boys smoking over there in portland, anyway?
你们这些波特兰的小子成天乱说什么啊
Seattle. I came from the office in seattle.
西雅图 我是从西雅图分局来的
How long you been with the marshals?
当了多久警官了
Four years.
4年
So you know how small it is.
那你知道这官很小吧
Sure.
当然
What about you? You got a girl? Married?
你呢 有女友吗 结婚没
I was.
有过
She died.
她死了
Jesus. I don’t… Don’t worry about it.
天啊…我不是… 没事的
There was a fire at the apartment building while I was at work.
我上班的时候 家里的公♥寓♥着火了
Four people died.
死了四个人
It was the smoke that got her,
她是被呛死的
not the fire. See, that’s important.
不是被烧死的 这很关键
I’m sorry, boss.
很抱歉
Where are my goddamn cigarettes?
我的烟哪去了
Oh, here, have one of mine.
我有 抽我的吧
I could’ve sworn they were in my jacket before I got on.
上船的时候烟还在我外套里面的
Government employees will rob you blind.
政♥府♥雇员的手脚不太干净
Thanks.
谢谢
They give you a briefing about the institution before you left?
你走之前 他们有给你介绍什么情况吗
All I know is it’s a mental hospital.
我只知道那是间精神病院
For the criminally insane.
专门治疗精神病犯人
Well, if it’s just folks running around hearing voices
那帮人如果只是神神叨叨
And chasing after butterflies, they wouldn’t need us.
追追蝴蝶之类的 估计也用不着我们了
Is that where we’re headed? Yep.
就是那里吗 没错
The other side of the island is rock bluffs
岛的另一边全是悬崖峭壁
all the way down to the edge of the water.
直入大海
The dock, it’s the only way on or off.
那个码头 是唯一能上下岸的地方
We’ll be casting off as soon as you two are ashore.
你们俩一上岸 我们就要尽快重新起航
I’d appreciate it if you’d hurry up about it.
希望你们能快点
Why? Storm’s coming.
为什么 暴风雨要来了
Never seen a marshals badge before.
我还没见过法警警徽呢
I’m deputy warden Mcpherson, gentlemen.
你们好 我是副狱长麦克菲尔森
Welcome to shutter island.
欢迎来到禁闭岛
I’ll be the one taking you up to Ashecliffe.
我带你们去阿西岛精神病院
Your boys seem a little on edge, Mr. Mcpherson.
你的手下有点紧张 麦克菲尔森先生
Right now, marshal, we all are.
警官 目前我们都紧张
“请铭记 我们也曾活过 爱过 笑过”
Electrified perimeter.
墙上都是电网
How can you tell?
你怎么知道
I’ve seen something like it before.
我以前见过
All right. You gentlemen will be
好了 我们将尽可能
accorded all the help we can give,
给予你们帮助
But during your stay, you will obey protocol.
不过在这儿 你们得遵守规定
Is that understood?
明白了吗
Absolutely.
当然
The red brick building on your right is ward A, the male ward.
你们右边的红砖房♥是A栋 男病房♥
Ward B, the female ward, is the one on your left.
左边是B栋 女病房♥
Ward C is that building on the bluffs.
C栋在悬崖上
An old civil war fort.
那是军事堡垒
The most dangerous patients are housed there.
最危险的病人都住那里
Admittance to ward C is forbidden
要进C栋
without the written consent and physical presence
必须有我和科利医生的书面证明
of both myself and Dr. Cawley.
而且需要我们亲自陪同
Is that understood?
明白了吗
You act like insanity is catching.
你好像已经开始不正常了
You are hereby required to surrender your firearms.
在此你们要交出武器
Mr. Mcpherson, we are duly appointed federal marshals.
麦克菲尔森先生 我们特派联邦警官
We are required to carry our firearms with us at all times.
是必须随身携带枪♥支♥的
Executive order 319 of the federal code of penitentiaries
联邦监狱法规第319条执行条例规定
states that when inside a penitentiary,
在监狱内
the officers of that institution have final authority.
监狱长官拥有最高行政♥权♥
Gentlemen, you will not get through this gate with your firearms.
先生们 要进去的话 必须交出武器
Okay. Now that the official stuff’s done, come on, boys,
好了 官方程序就这些了 来吧
What do you say we go find Dr. Cawley?
我带你们去见找科利医生
When did she escape? This prisoner?
她什么时候逃走的 那个囚犯
I’m afraid Dr. Cawley will have to fill
科利医生 会跟你们
you in on the situation. Protocol.
说明情况的 这是规矩
Correctional officers at a mental institution,
一家精神病院里都有狱警
that’s a weird sight, if you don’t mind me saying.
恕我直言 有点奇怪
It’s the only facility of its kind in the u.S., even the world.
美国仅此一家 世界上也是
We take only the most dangerous, damaged patients,
我们只接受最危险的病人
ones no other hospital can manage.
其他医院都无法处理
And it’s all due to Dr. Cawley.
这都是科利医生的功劳
He’s created something really unique here.
他在这里发明了一些独特的东西
It’s a hospital for people our society
这里不仅仅是家医院
normally considers beyond treatment.
人们在这里得到了除了医疗外的关照
IDs, gentlemen.
请出示证件 先生们
Show your badges, gentlemen.
请出示警徽 先生们
Dr. Cawley’s been consulted numerous times by scotland yard,
科利医生经常受到伦敦警♥察♥厅 军情五处
Ml5, the oss…
还有战略情报局的邀请
Why?
为什么
What do you mean?
什么意思
What do intelligence agencies want
情报部门跟一个精神病医生
to consult a psychiatrist about?
有什么好谈的
I guess you’ll have to ask him.
这你得问他本人
Marshal Daniels. Doctor.
你好丹尼尔斯警官 你好医生
Marshal Aule.
我是奥力警官
Thank you, deputy warden. That will be all.
谢谢你 副狱长 你可以出去了
Yes, sir. Pleasure, gentlemen.
好的 祝你们好运 先生们
He had a lot to say about you.
他说了不少你的事
Mcpherson’s a good man. He believes in the work we do here.
麦克菲尔森是个好人 忠于职守
And what would that be, exactly?
确切地说 他的工作到底是什么
A moral fusion between law and order and clinical care.
法律规范和医疗救助之间的道德融合物
Pardon me, Doc. A what between what and what?
抱歉…你说是什么和什么
Those paintings are quite accurate.
这些画是真实的写照
Used to be the kind of patients we deal with here
过去我们是这么处理病人的
were shackled and left in their own filth.
铐起来 让他们自省罪恶
They were beaten,
严刑拷打他们以至鲜血直流
as if whipping them bloody would drive the psychosis out.
然后让他们慢慢失血而亡
We drove screws into their brains,
用螺丝钻开他们的脑袋
we submerged them in icy water until they lost consciousness
把他们按入冰水 直至他们昏厥
or even drowned.
甚至淹死
And now? We treat them.
现在呢 治疗他们
Try to heal, try to cure.
尽力治疗 治愈他们
And if that fails, at least we provide them
要是行不通的话 我们至少会给他们
with a measure of comfort in their lives. Calm.
平静的生活以示宽慰
These are all violent offenders, right?
这些人…都是暴♥力♥罪犯 不是吗
I mean, they’ve hurt people.
他们伤害过别人
Murdered them in some cases.
甚至有些杀过人
In almost all cases, yes.
没错 几乎都有命案在身
Then, personally, doctor, I’d have to say,
有些个人想法 我得说
screw their sense of calm.
让他们的平静生活见鬼去吧
It’s my job to treat my patients, not their victims.
我负责治疗他们
I’m not here to judge.
我不是他们的受害者 也不是审判官
So this female prisoner… Patient.
那这个女囚犯… 病人
Excuse me. Patient,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
前一篇文章信笺故事
下一篇文章黑水
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!