It’s barbaric,
真野蛮
unconscionable.
昧着良心
Do you know how pain enters the body, marshal?
你知道切开身体有多疼吗 警官
Do you?
你知道吗
Depends on where you’re hurt?
要看切哪里
No, it has nothing to do with the flesh.
不 与肉体无关
The brain controls pain.
大脑控制痛感
The brain controls fear, empathy, sleep,
大脑控制恐惧 情绪 睡眠
hunger, anger. Everything.
愤怒 饥饿 一切事情
What if you could control it?
如果你能控制它呢
You mean the brain?
控制大脑
Recreate a man
重新创造一个人
so he doesn’t feel pain or love or sympathy.
让他不会感受到疼痛
A man who can’t be interrogated,
或者爱 或者同情
Because he has no memories to confess.
因为他根本没有记忆可言
You can never take away all a man’s memories.
他们不可能取走所有人的记忆
Never.
永远也不可能
Marshal, the north koreans used american pows
你知道朝鲜人拿美国战俘做实验
During their brainwashing experiments.
对他们进行洗♥脑♥
They turned soldiers into traitors.
他们把战士变成了叛国者
That’s what they’re doing here.
他们现在做的也是一样
They’re creating ghosts to go out in the world
制♥造♥一群杀戮机器 为他们开路
And do things sane men… sane men never would.
所作所为完全异于常人
To have that kind of ability, that kind of knowledge,
要获得这样的能力 这样的知识
That would take years. Years. Years of research.
需要很多年 很多很多年
Hundreds of patients to experiment on.
对成千上万的病人进行研究和实验
Fifty years from now, people will look back
50年了 将来人们回过头来看
And say, here, this place, is where it all began.
他们就会说 这个地方就是罪恶之源
The nazis used the jews, soviets
纳粹用犹太人做实验
used prisoners in their own gulags,
苏联人用古格拉劳♥改♥营的囚犯做实验
and we tested patients on shutter island.
我们用这些病人 就在这个禁闭岛上
No, they won’t.
不 他们不会的
No.
不会的
You do understand
你明白吗
That they can’t let you leave.
他们不会让你离开这里的
I am a federal marshal. They can’t stop me.
我可是联邦警♥察♥ 他们阻止不了我
I was an esteemed psychiatrist
我是个有声望的精神病专家
from a respected family.
出身名门
Didn’t matter.
也没有用
Let me ask you.
我来问你
Any past traumas in your life?
你以往受过精神创伤吗
Yes.
是的
But why would that matter?
这有什么关系
Because they’re gonna point to some event in your past
如果以往有相关经历
and say it’s the reason you lost your sanity.
那就很容易解释你为什么会发疯
So that when they commit you here,
那样他们一旦把你囚禁在这
your friends and colleagues will say,
你的朋友和同事就会说
of course he cracked.
他精神失常了”
who wouldn’t after what he’d been through?”
经历了这些 很正常
They can say that about anyone, anyone at all.
不管是谁他们都可以这么说
The point is they’re gonna say it about you.
可问题的关键是他们会这样说你
How’s your head?
你的头怎么样
My head?
我的头
Any funny dreams lately? Trouble sleeping?
做奇怪的梦吗 无法入睡
Headaches? I am prone to migraines, yes.
有头痛 我有偏头痛
Jesus.
天啊
You haven’t taken any pills, have you? I mean, even aspirin?
你还没吃药吧 吃了阿司匹林吗
The aspirin? Jesus.
吃了一片 天啊
And you ate the food in the cafeteria
你在饭堂吃饭
and drank the coffee they gave you?
喝他们供应的咖啡
You tell me, at least, that you’ve
告诉我 你至少
been smoking your own cigarettes.
在抽自己的烟
No.
不是的
No, I haven’t.
我没有
It takes 36 to 48 hours for neuroleptic narcotics
神经麻♥醉♥药♥物需要36至48小时
To reach workable levels in the bloodstream.
融入你的血液 随后发挥其药效
Palsy comes first,
首先是脉搏
First the fingertips, then eventually the whole hand.
手指 再到所有的部位
Seen any walking nightmares lately, marshal?
最近做噩梦吗 对吗 警官
Tell me what goes on in that lighthouse.
告诉我灯塔里发生了什么
Tell me.
告诉我
Brain surgery.
脑部手术
The let’s open the skull and see
就好象 掀开脑壳 看看如果
what happens if we pull on this kind.
放些东西进去会怎么样
The learned it from the nazis kind.
跟纳粹党使用的手段没什么不同
That’s where they create the ghosts.
然后他们就创造出了杀戮机器
Who knows about this? On the island, I mean. Who?
这些有谁知道 我是说在这个岛上
Everyone.
每一个人
Come on. The nurses? The orderlies?
这不可能 那些护士 看护也知道吗
They couldn’t possibly know… Everyone.
这不可能 每一个人
You can’t stay here.
你不能待在这里
They think I’m dead, that I drowned.
他们以为我溺水死了
I’m afraid if they come looking for you, they might find me.
如果他们来找你 也会发现我的
I’m sorry, but you have to go.
我很抱歉 但你必须离开
I’m gonna come back for you.
我会回来找你的
I won’t be here.
我不会留在这里
I move during the day. New places every night.
我白天会离开 每晚换一个地方
But I could come get you, get you off this island.
可我会回来接你离开这个岛
Haven’t you heard a word I’ve said?
我说的话你一个字也没听进去吗
The only way off the island is the ferry,
渡船是离开这岛的唯一方式
and they control it.
而那里把守森严
You’ll never leave here.
你永远也走不掉的
I had a friend.
我有个朋友
I was with him yesterday, but we got separated.
他昨天还跟我在一起 但我们走散了
Have you seen him?
你见过他吗
Marshal,
警官
You have no friends.
你没有朋友
There you are.
总算找到你了
We were wondering when you’d show up.
我们正在想你什么时候才会出现
Have a seat.
坐上来
Come on.
来吧
Taking a leisurely stroll, were we?
随便兜风聊聊 如何
I was just looking around.
我只是到处看看
Did you enjoy god’s latest gift?
喜欢上帝的礼物吗
What? God’s gift.
什么 上帝的礼物
The violence.
暴♥力♥
When I came downstairs in my home and
我从家里下楼
I saw that tree in my living room,
看到客厅的树伸展的枝叶
it reached out for me like a divine hand.
突然想明白了
God loves violence.
上帝热爱暴♥力♥
I hadn’t noticed. Sure you have.
我不觉得 你是这么觉得的
Why else would there be so much of it?
不然暴♥力♥怎么会无处不在
It’s in us. It’s what we are.
它就在我们的内心 就是我们本身
We wage war, we burn sacrifices,
我们发动战争 烧杀抢掠
And pillage and plunder and tear at the flesh of our brothers.
兄弟相残
And why?
这是为什么
Because god gave us violence to wage in his honor.
因为上帝以他的名义赐与我们暴♥力♥
I thought god gave us moral order.
我以为上帝赐给我们道德秩序
There’s no moral order as pure as this storm.
没有什么道德秩序像这场风暴般纯粹
There’s no moral order at all.
根本就没有所谓的道德秩序
There’s just this, can my violence conquer yours?
我会比你更暴♥力♥吗
I’m not violent. Yes, you are.
我并不暴♥力♥ 你是的
You’re as violent as they come.
你本身就充满暴♥力♥因子
I know this because I’m as violent as they come.
我很清楚这一点 因为我也一样
If the constraints of society were lifted,
在这个物欲横流的社会里 我们变得暴♥力♥
And I was all that stood between you and a meal,
如果我站起来阻止你拿走我的食物
You would crack my skull with a rock and eat my meaty parts.
你就会用石头砸爆我脑袋 抢走我的食物
Wouldn’t you?
不是吗
Cawley thinks you’re harmless, that you can be controlled,
科利以为你完全无害 以为可以控制你
but I know different.
可我不这么看

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
前一篇文章信笺故事
下一篇文章黑水
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!