In the Still of the Night – The Five Satins
♪ In the still of the night ♪
♪ I held you ♪
♪ Held you tight ♪
♪ ‘Cause I love ♪
♪ Love you so ♪
♪ Promise I’ll never ♪
♪ Let you go ♪
♪ In the still of the night ♪
♪ In the still of the night ♪
♪ I remember ♪
♪ That night in May ♪
♪ The stars were bright above ♪
♪ I’ll hope and I’ll pray ♪
♪ To keep Your precious love… ♪
我年轻的时候 以为刷房♥子真就是刷房♥子
When I was young, I thought house painters painted houses.
我懂什么
What did I know?
我当时是个工人
I was a working guy.
南费城的卡车司机107号♥地方工会的工会代表
A business agent for Teamster Local 107 out of South Philly.
千百个工人中的一员
One of a thousand working stiffs…
直到我不再是了
until I wasn’t no more.
然后
And then…
我开始刷房♥子
I started painting houses…
亲自
myself.
他们女儿的婚礼
格蕾丝·安妮·巴法利诺
嫁给
罗伯特·里特
在这件事情上
In this particular matter,
一切都是围绕着婚礼的
the whole thing was built around the wedding.
比尔·巴法利诺的女儿在底特律结婚
Bill Bufalino’s daughter was getting married in Detroit.
比尔是卡车司机工会的律师 但更重要的是
Bill was a Teamster lawyer, but more important,
他是罗素·巴法利诺的表亲
he was Russell Bufalino’s cousin.
罗素不想坐飞机
Now, Russell didn’t want to fly,
所以我打算开车送他去参加婚礼
so I was gonna drive him to the wedding.
他想顺路处理一些生意上的事情
He wanted to take care of some business along the way,
对罗素而言 这就意味着一件事
which in Russell’s case meant only one thing:
钱 收钱
Money… collecting it.
所以我们开车去的
So we’d drive.
他和他老婆凯丽 以及我和我老婆艾琳
Him and his wife Carrie and me and my wife Irene.
我喊她琳妮
Or I call her Reenie.
我想着我们走费城外的476号♥公路
I figured we would take 476 out of Philly,
然后我们到匹兹顿接上罗素
and then we go up to Pittston and pick up Russ,
我们一般都是这么走的
which is usually how we did it,
然后沿80号♥州际公路西段开过宾州
and then Interstate 80 West through the rest of Pennsylvania,
然后我们横穿俄亥俄州到托莱多
and then we’d go across Ohio, all the way to Toledo,
接着我们沿着75号♥公路北上底特律
and then we would go 75 North to Detroit.
总共要花三天
It was gonna take about three days
算上所有谈生意以及抽烟的时间
with all the business breaks and cigarette stops,
因为罗素不允许任何人在车里面抽烟
since Russell didn’t allow nobody to smoke in the car.
他说蓝眼睛吉米和迈尔·兰斯基
He says Jimmy Blue Eyes and Meyer Lansky
说服他戒了烟
convinced him to stop smoking
当时他们从自己在古巴的赌场里被赶了出去
when they were getting kicked out of their casinos in Cuba
还被卡斯特罗开枪打了
and getting shot at by Castro.
我也说不清楚 也许是那种
I don’t know. It might have been one of those,
“上帝啊如果我活着度过这一劫
“Please-God-if-I-ever-get-out- of-this-fucking-thing-alive-
我就再也不抽烟了”的情况
I’ll-never-smoke-again things too.”
但我知道从卡斯特罗那件事开始
But I do know that from Castro on,
罗素就再也不许别人在车里抽烟了
Russ wouldn’t allow nobody to smoke in his car,
就连凯丽也不行
not even Carrie.
听说

刷房♥子
能尽快停车吗
Can we stop soon?
我们刚上车两分钟 亲爱的
We’re only in the car two minutes, honey.
甚至还没上公路呢
We’re not even near the highway.
我知道 罗素 但你不喜欢在公路上停车
I know, Russell. But you don’t like to stop on the highway.
也不能这么说
Well, it’s not that so much.
是他们不允许你在公路上停车
They don’t let you stop on the highway.
好吧 那我们就在车里抽吧
Okay, so then we’ll smoke in the car.
我的白内障怎么办
And what about my cataracts?
我会开窗的
I’ll crack the window.
凯丽 我发过誓的 记得吗
Carrie, I made a vow. Remember?
记得我发过誓吗 凯丽
Remember I made a vow, Carrie?
好吧 这下我不能在…
Yeah, now I can’t smoke on…
行吧 这下我不能抽烟了
All right, and now I can’t smoke.
看见我们到哪了吗
See where we are?
那是…
Is… Is that…
太巧了吧
What are those odds?
德士古石油
出什么问题了 小子
What’s the problem, kid?
我不知道 感觉车坏了
I don’t… I don’t know. It sounds funny.
车停了 再启动 就没动力了
It stops, it starts, it loses power.
我看看能不能给你搭把手
Let me see if I can give you a hand.
我看看 检查一下这些塞子
Let me see. Check all these plugs.
火花塞没问题
Spark plugs are okay.
分电盘盖也没问题
The distributor cap’s okay.
很好
Good.
一定是这个…出问题了
It’s gotta be something with… with this.
定时链
Timing chain.
就是这么回事 这上面有个塞子
This is what this is. There’s a cap on it.
这个塞子松了 不应该松的
This cap is loose. It ain’t supposed to be loose.
所以这意味着它们已经老化了
So that means they’re getting worn out.
你得…
You just gotta…
试试 拧紧它
Try that now. Tighten it up.
我会开车 但不会修车
I can drive ’em. I can’t fix ’em.
你可以重新上路了 小子
You’re back in business, kid.
谢了
Thanks.
-我怎么回报你呢 -不用
– I owe you anything? – No.
你不用回报我
No, you don’t owe me anything.
谢了
Thanks.
-我叫弗兰克 -你好 弗兰克
Frank. – Hey, Frank. How ya doing?
你叫什么
What’s your name?
你是哪里人
Where you from?
-费城 -你是费城人啊
– Philly. – Oh, you’re from Philly.
是的
Yeah.
在费城你一般去哪玩
Where you hang out there?
卡拉汉
Callahan’s.
滚球俱乐部
Bocce Club.
但那是个酒吧 不是玩滚球的俱乐部
But it’s a bar, it’s not a bocce club.
是嘛 你玩滚球吗
Oh, yeah. You play bocce?
不玩
Nah.
好了 弗兰克 把那玩意修好
All right, Frankie… get that fixed.
因为它肯定还会掉链子的 我告诉你
Because it’ll go again on you, I’m telling you.
-谢谢 -好了
– Thank you. – All right.
我会去修的 再次感谢
I will. Thanks again.
祝你好运 小兄弟
Good luck, buddy.
我以为他是加油站老板
I mean, I thought maybe he owned the gas station.
因为他一定是个老板 看得出来
‘Cause he owned something, you could tell.
结果发现整条路都是他的
Yeah, it turns out he owned the whole road.
I Hear You Knockin’ – Smiley Lewis
♪ You went away and left me long time ago ♪
牛排和猪排
友好酒吧
♪ And now you’re knocking on my door ♪
这只吗
This one?
♪ I hear you knocking ♪
敬礼 干了 朋友们
Salute! Drink up, fellas.
上帝保佑
God bless.
走着 走着 今天一起赚点钱
Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s make some money today.
这可是个酒吧
It’s a bar.
向你老婆问好
Say hello to your wife, huh?
我有个赚钱的法子 推销那些后腿肉
I got a way you can earn, to push those hindquarters.
这里有个人 他会为此出大价钱的
There’s a guy in here, he’ll pay a lot of money for them.
来吧 我们先干了再谈生意
Come on, let’s shoot this first and then we’ll talk business.
在酒吧的另一头 十二点钟方向…
At the other end of the bar, at twelve o’clock…
看见他了吗 有点秃的那个
You see him? He’s got a rescinding hairline.
没错 他能让你赚大钱
Yeah, you’ll make a lot of money with him.
看见他了吗 瘦剃刀 他是这地方的老板
See him there? Skinny Razor. He owns the place.
剃刀
Razor?
他放高♥利♥贷♥ 还在酒吧开了个赌注站
He shylocks and runs a little book out of the joint.
他挺能耐的 人脉很广
He’s got a lot of good action, good connections.
-他叫剃刀 -是的 他曾经在肉店工作
– Razor’s his name? – Yeah, he used to work at a butcher shop.
我朋友爱尔兰人弗兰克在这里
My friend Frank Irish is here.
我和你说过的那个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!