去叫醒醉醺醺的睡美人 现在就走
Go wake Sleeping Beauty out of her drunken jag and get moving.
不要停下 直到穿过州界
And keep moving till you’re across the state line.
见到我女朋友之前我哪儿也不去
I ain’t moving nowhere till I see my girl.
你在圣克劳德没有女朋友
You don’t have a girl in St. Cloud.
这就是我写的其他东西 海文丽和我下个月就要结婚了
That’s what else I wrote. Heavenly and I are getting married next month.
劳驾
Excuse me.
小心开车
You drive carefully, now.
接线员?请帮我接圣克劳德5..
Operator? Give me St. Cloud 5…
芬利住♥宅♥是多少号♥?
What is the number of the Finley residence?
哦 不
Oh, no.
谢谢 我过会儿再打给你
Thanks. I’ll call back later.
放松 公主
Easy, princess.
你是谁?
Who are you?
-救命 -嘘
– Help. – Hush, now.
-我做了个可怕的梦 -没事的亲爱的 钱斯在这里
– I had a terrible dream. – It’s all right, honey. Chance is with you.
-谁? -我
– Who? – Me.
我不知道你是谁
I don’t know who you are.
你会想起来的 亲爱的 只要..
Well, it’ll come back to you, honey, as soon as…
-你在找什么? -氧气面罩
– What are you looking for? – Oxygen mask.
-你不会想吸氧过度的 -我需要空气 我不能呼吸了
– You don’t wanna overdo that oxygen… – I need air. I can’t breathe.
你能快点?我快死了
Will you hurry? I’m dying.
快 现在!
Hurry, right now.
你快点!
Will you come…!
你先出去 让我一个人呆着
You leave me, please. Just leave me.
接线员 请接圣克劳德525号♥
Operator, give me St. Cloud 525.
有冷饮
Cool drinks…
还有些饼干 -谢谢你 夫人
…and some cookies. – Thank you, ma’am.
芬利住♥宅♥
Finley residence.
海文丽小姐?请问您是哪位?
Miss Heavenly? Who’s calling her, please?
钱斯先生?
Mr. Chance?
很抱歉钱斯先生 海文丽小姐不在
I’m sorry, Mr. Chance, but Miss Heavenly ain’t…
我不知道她去哪了 我只知道她没空
I don’t know where she went. All I know is, she ain’t available.
给我吧 查尔斯
I’ll take it, Charles.
钱斯?
Chance?
你好 亲爱的
Hello, honey.
我是诺妮姨妈
This is Aunt Nonnie.
等等
Wait.
-等等 你在哪儿? -电♥话♥是找我的吗 查尔斯?
– Wait. Where are you? – That phone call for me, Charles?
-不 汤姆先生 -挂断 我会再打给你
– No, Mr. Tom. – Hang up. I’ll try to call you back.
不 钱斯 不要
No, Chance. No. Don’t.
诺妮姨妈 我一定要见海文丽
Aunt Nonnie, I gotta see Heavenly.
乔治·斯卡德刚来过 发生什么事了?
George Scudder was just here. Did something happen?
非常抱歉 班克罗夫特先生
I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Bancroft.
是班克罗夫特先生吗?
It is Mr. Bancroft, isn’t it?
你现在不能说话?
Can’t you talk now?
诺妮姨妈 叫海文丽给我打电♥话♥ 求求你
Aunt Nonnie, have Heavenly call me. Please.
她不能 我晚点打给你
She can’t. I’ll call you back.
在楼下的鸡尾酒吧 我等她
Downstairs, in the cocktail lounge. I’ll wait.
-你不该那么做的 小汤姆 -诺妮姨妈 你这个愚蠢的老太太
– You shouldn’t have done that, Tom Jr. – Aunt Nonnie, you’re a silly old maid.
如果他再打来 你就挂断
And if he calls back, you just hang up.
我是认真的 诺妮姨妈 挂断
I mean it, Aunt Nonnie. Just hang up.
芬利住♥宅♥
Finley residence.
不 钱斯先生
No, Mr. Chance.
她还是没空
She still ain’t available.
我们把这个有争议的新闻短片 作为一项公共服务呈现给大家
We present this controversial newsreel as a public service.
1930年 汤姆·芬利第一次参加政♥府♥竞选
In 1930, Tom Finley ran for his first state office.
你们都认识我 我只是一个普通的老农民 像你们一样
You all know me. I’m just a plain old dirt farmer, like you folks.
汤姆·芬利当选
And Tom Finley was elected.
汤姆·芬利竞选州长
Tom Finley ran for governor.
我反对宽松的政♥府♥
I’m against loose government…
宽松的钱和宽松的女人!
… loose money and loose women!
汤姆·芬利当选
And Tom Finley was elected.
汤姆·芬利建立了一个政♥治♥机器 成了老板芬利
Tom Finley built a political machine and became Boss Finley.
他还建了一个简陋的农家小院
He also built a plain old dirt farmer’s shack…
价值30万美元
… worth $300,000.
他乘着私人快艇从他的私人海滩航行
He sails from his private beach in his private speedboat.
芬利老板把他所在州的近海石油送了人
Boss Finley gave away the offshore oil of his state.
那个石油商让芬利成为合伙人
The oil man made Finley a partner…
芬利老板让他的石油合伙人当上州长
… and Boss Finley made his oil partner the governor…
让他执政这么多年
… and kept him in office all these years.
四个月前 伯特斯·海文·史密斯教授
Four months ago, Professor Burtus Haven Smith…
同芬利一手提拔的人一起竞选
… ran against Finley’s handpicked man.
你唯一要害怕的就是芬利本人
The only thing you have to fear is Finley himself.
第二天 史密斯教授被解雇了
Next day, Professor Smith, fired.
他的家被暴徒闯入
His home was invaded by hoodlums…
他的书籍和画作在草坪上被烧毁
… books and paintings burned on the lawn.
你认识他们之一吗 先生?
Did you recognize any of them, sir?
不 他们戴着这样的面具
No. They wore masks like this.
我找到了这个徽章
I found this button.
是的先生 我是芬利青年俱乐部的主席 我为此感到骄傲
Yes, sir. I’m president of the Finley Youth Club, and I’m proud of it.
但我不知道什么烧书或者..
But I don ‘t know nothing about no book burnings or…
这东西 可能是故意掉下来的
This thing, it could be dropped accidentally on purpose…
你知道我的意思吗? -但到目前为止 没有调查
…you know what I mean? – But to date, there has been no probe
没有警♥察♥行动 没有逮捕
… no police action, no arrests.
-为什么? -把它关掉
– Why? – Shut that contraption off.
这些都是老板芬利上台的成果
These are the fruits of Boss Finley’s rise to power…
一个基♥督♥教电视网络怎么能 容忍♥这些肮脏 下流的谎言?
How can a Christian TV network tolerate those filthy, black lies?
-就在这里 在美国的心脏 -为什么 他们应该..
– Right here, in the heart of America. – Why, they ought to be…
谢谢你亲爱的 被鞭打和枪毙
Thank you, honey. – horsewhipped and shot.
如果我不是市长 要反对暴♥力♥ 我会亲自动手
And if I wasn’t mayor and against violence, I’d do it myself.
如果电视报道说谎 为什么不起诉他们诽谤?
Well, if that TV report lied, why not sue them for libel?
如果他们说谎?
If they lied?
你真让我吃惊 本
You know, you surprise me, Ben.
你一个聪明到能经营一份大型日报的人
For a man who’s smart enough to run a big daily newspaper…
真是让我吃惊 当你看到纽约的
…you sure surprise me. Can’t you recognize New York…
红色宣传时 你认不出来吗?
…Red propaganda when you see it?
你把那个新闻片叫做公平?
Do you call that TV newsreel fair?
玛丽贝拉 我们是同一条线上的
Now, Maribelle, we’re all on the same side.
-你呢 本? -是否公平?
– Are we, Ben? – Fair, you mean?
你父亲也会出现在这个网络上
Well, your father’s going on the same network.
同样的时间 同样的言论自♥由♥ 我觉得这很公平
Same time, same freedom of expression. I’d say that was pretty fair.
比烧书公平
A lot fairer than burning books and…
你在指责我吗 本?
You accusing me, Ben?
为什么 小汤姆骨子里可没什么坏心眼
Why, Tom Jr. hasn’t got a mean bone in his body.
他也许像他爸爸一样是个急性子
He might be a hot-blooded buck like his daddy…
-现在 诺里斯夫人.. -但他绝对不会使用暴♥力♥
– Now, Mrs. Norris. …but he’d never resort to violence.
绝对不会 我保证不管是谁干的
Never. And you have my personal guarantee that whoever did do it…
正义会得到伸张
justice will prevail.
-对吧 警长? -当然
– Right, sheriff? – Certainly.
你笑什么?
What in tarnation are you laughing at?
没什么爸爸 没什么
Nothing, Pa. Nothing at all.
那就闭嘴!
Then shut up!
-是的 先生 -白♥痴♥才无故发笑
– Yes, sir. – Only idiots laugh at nothing.
-是的 先生 -我受到召唤
– Yes, sir. – When I was called from…
就在我出生的粘土山上
…the clay hills where I was born…
赤脚 挨饿 上帝召唤我说 我就是..
…barefoot and hungry, called by the voice of God, which I was…
谁来接那个该死的电♥话♥!
Will somebody pick up that damn phone!
我永远不会忘记我的使命
I ain’t never forgot what I was called for.
我建造这片富饶的土地不是为了看..
I didn’t build a land of milk and honey to see…
-你去哪里? -拿点止咳药
– Where you going? – Get something for that cough.
坐下!我一辈子都在咳嗽都在吐痰
Sit down! I’ve hawked and spit all my life…
我要一直咳到死
…and I’ll hawk and spit till the end of my days.
你可以打赌
You can bet on that.
当我明晚在电视上回答这些指控时
When I answer those charges on TV tomorrow night…
我希望你会在场 -为什么 你知道我 汤姆
…I expect you to be there. – Why, you know me, Tom.
我希望你和你的迪克西女儿们也在场
I expect you and your Daughters of Dixie to be there.
上帝保佑你亲爱的
God bless you, honey.
我希望你也在场
And I expect you to be there too.
我会去的 芬利先生 在记者席上
I’ll be there, Mr. Finley. At the press table.
你会站在演讲台上 在我身边 支持我
You’ll be on the platform, at my side, in my support.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!