Sit down. Sit right there.
坐下 坐在那儿别动
What is this place?
这个是什么啊
PanAmerica, Airstream.
泛美清风房♥车
34 feet 7 inches long,
34英尺7英寸长
8 feet 5 inches wide.
8英尺5英寸宽
Dimensions which are perfectly adequate for one person.
大小正好适合一个人住
Preferable, even.
非常完美
This is where you live?
这是你的住处吗
No, I don’t live here. This is a storage unit.
不 我不住这里 这只是我的储物室
That would be weird.
住在这里的话太奇怪了
That’s what would be weird?
这回你倒觉得怪了
I’d like to spend more time here.
我只是经常待在这里而已
However, I’m afraid some of my clients might follow me.
但是 我很担心我的客户尾随我到这里
Why would your clients follow you? You’re an accountant!
你的客户为什么会跟踪你 你只是个会计师啊
How do you know what to do here? Why are you prepared for this?
你怎么会知道现在该干嘛 为什么你会为这种事做准备
Plus, this is on wheels,
而且 这个车是有轮子的
which means I can hook it up and be gone in 12 minutes.
这意味着我可以在12分钟内拖走这辆车
Usually.
通常情况下都行
Sarcasm? Is that sarcasm?
你是在讽刺我吗 讽刺是吗
No, that’s not sarcasm. I don’t use sarcasm. It’s irritation.
不 这不是讽刺 我从来不讽刺别人 这种行为让人很生气
Everything in the world that is important to me is in this trailer.
这个拖车上的所有东西都对我很重要
And right now, changing my routine for you is jeopardizing that.
可现在 为了救你 我把这一切置于危险之中
Tell me that’s not an original Pollock.
告诉我 这不会是波洛克的真迹吧
We should go.
我们该走了
Now.
现在就动身
Medina. Miss Medina?
你好 是梅迪拉小姐吗
This is Gordon Amundson with the FBI Language Services.
这里是FBI语言服务处 我是戈登 艾蒙森
Uh, yeah. Any luck?
你好 有什么新发现吗
It’s an unusual audio file.
这段录音很不寻常
Solomon Grundy is a nursery rhyme circa mid-1800s.
这首所罗门 格兰德是一首19世纪中期的儿歌♥
Your voice has four of the six intonation patterns
你的声音样本中用了
we use to define American English.
六种美国语调中的四种
That’s difficult to confirm with a rhyme.
这个在音调中非常难分辨出来
Out of curiosity, was your subject a trauma victim?
好奇的问一句 您的研究对象是曾遭受过创伤的患者吗
Um, why do you ask that?
为什么这么问
Well, you indicated on your submission
在您提交的档案中提到
that this event occurred in a high-stress environment?
这段录音是在高度紧张的环境下收集的
Yeah. Exceptionally.
是的 非常特殊
That’s interesting.
那这就很有意思了
The verse was repeated a total of four and a half times
这段儿歌♥被重复了四次半
with zero variation in pitch, span, tempo, volume, or articulatory precision.
但在音调 跨度 节奏 音量上完全一致
So, what does that mean, exactly?
所以这意味着什么呢
Well, we often see this type of repetitive chanting
我们经常会在一些遭受过重大创伤的儿童身上
in children who have been exposed to trauma
或者在一些神经发育障碍的儿童身上
or persons with neurodevelopmental disorders.
发现同样的现象
Neurodevelopmental disorders?
神经发育障碍
Fragile-X syndrome, autism.
X染色体易裂症或者自闭症等疾病
Okay, so…
好吧
Let’s say I was looking at mugshots.
如果说我要找一些关于这个声音的脸部照片
How would that present itself? What exactly would I be looking for?
这样的患者一般会有怎样的特征 我应该往哪个方向找
Elongated face, protruding ears, poor muscle tone.
脸型瘦长 耳朵凸起 肌肉张力较弱
Autism’s nearly impossible to identify visually.
但自闭症患者很难从外型上判断出来
The traits are behavioral:
一般都是行为上的特征
Difficulty with social interaction, communication,
有社交障碍和很难交流
lack of eye contact.
缺乏眼神交流
Lack of eye contact.
没有眼神交流
Okay-
好吧
Good luck to you.
祝你好运
Thanks.
谢谢
None of this makes sense.
这些都没道理啊
Why go through the trouble of skimming the money if you’re gonna put it back?
既然你要还回去 为什么你还要虚构钱数
Over the last two years,
在过去的两年里
the number of invoices submitted by Slewitt Manufacturing declined.
无数张被斯维特制♥造♥公♥司♥签发的收据都被拒收了
Scared of getting caught?
因为害怕被抓吗
Price hikes?
物价上涨了吗
Prices of consumer electronics go down, not up.
家用电子产品的价格没涨反跌
Right, down, yeah.
没错 是跌了
I can’t afford this.
我住不起这里
I know. My treat.
我知道 我请客
In the US, 104 men,
在美国 一共104个人
last name any standard derivation of your mathematician, Carl Gauss,
他们的姓氏和数学学家卡尔 高斯的的变形相近
reported over $500,000 in any of the last seven years.
在任意一个七年内报税收入超过50万的
Okay. Go a million plus.
把它提高到100万
Seventeen.
只有17个人
Of the 17,how many between the ages of 25 and 45?
这17个人中有多少是年纪在25到45岁的
Four.
四个
Of those four,
在这四个人中
that’s cash-heavy or easily laundered.
只有一个人的收入来源与洗钱有关
And he
而他
died three years ago.
在三年前去世
What’s this?
这是什么?
It’s names of the 100 most famous mathematicians.
前100名最有名的数学家
Look, we know what we’re doing now.
我们现在知道在做什么
So, just enter the names,
不如直接搜索名字
narrow down the search right off the bat.
缩小搜索范围
Male, Caucasian,
白人 男性
25 to 45, earning a million plus.
25-45岁 收入在100万以上
No investment income. He’ll concentrate on cash.
没有投资收入 这人肯定只要现金
What’s in it for me?
我为什么要帮你
Look, if you help me find him,
如果你帮我找到他的话
I’ll see what I can do about getting you outta here.
我会尽我所能帮你离开这里
Please.
拜托
Single earner or filing jointly?
单个来找还是一起来
Hey, those paintings in your trailer…
你车里的那些画
They’re real, right? Yes.
都是真迹吧 对
You didn’t buy them at auction, did you?
你不可能是在拍卖♥♥会上买♥♥的吧
They’re a form of payment.
是客户给我的报酬
Right.
好吧
Hey!

Thank you.
谢谢
At my apartment.
在公♥寓♥里
Oh.

Yeah.
知道了
Can we sit down for a second?
我们能坐一会吗
Yeah. Okay.
好啊
Just…

have a sit.
坐吧
How do you, um,
你怎么
know how to…
会懂得 如何
My father was an officer in the Army. Psychological Operations.
我父亲是一名军官 信息心理战
He was concerned that I might be taken advantage of somehow,
他觉得我学这些 总有一天能派上用场
so he arranged for me to train with a number of specialists
所以他安排了很多专家从童年
throughout my childhood.
开始训练我
We lived in 34 homes in 17 years.
我们17年内搬了34次家
You moved 34 times? Mmmhmm.
搬了34次家 嗯嗯
God. That’s extraordinary.
天啊 你们真厉害
No, I’m sure it must’ve been difficult, but…
现在我知道你童年有多惨了
I haven’t been anywhere.
我从没去过别的地方
Well, Cancun. Not my proudest moment.
只去过坎昆市 一点都不骄傲
Um…

I just mean…
我想说
Your life is unique.
你的人生独一无二
It’s not unique. I have a high-functioning form of autism,
并不独特 我患有高♥强♥度的自闭症
which means I have an extremely narrow focus
这意味着 我的视角特别狭窄
and a hard time abandoning tasks once I’ve taken them up.
而且一旦接受任务 就一定要把它完成
I have difficulty socializing with other people, even though.
我和不认识的人有社交困难 但
I want to.
我想交流
When I was a senior in high school,
在我高中毕业那年
I wanted this special dress for prom.
我想准备一条特别的裙子去参加毕业舞会
I told myself that spending $100
我告诉自己 花100块

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!