on a trashy dress that I was gonna wear one time
去买♥♥条垃圾裙子 一辈子也就穿这一次
to an event that I thought was silly in the first place, was…
就是去参加舞会 而且那裙子我还不喜欢
Wasteful. Yes.
浪费 是的
But Vera Wang made this black, strapless classic.
然后王薇薇有一条经典的露肩小黑裙
It was more expensive, but
那裙子非常贵
you could wear it to all kinds of future events.
但你可以穿着它去参加很多活动
It was an investment. Yes.
这就是投资 对
Where were you when I was in high school?
你在哪上高中的
Oh, North Carolina, Israel.
美国北卡罗来纳州 以色列
Right. Um…
好吧 呃
The problem was they wanted $1700 for this dress,
问题是 那条裙子要价1700美元
and I didn’t have that, so…
我根本买♥♥不起 所以
You asked your parents? No.
你向父母要钱吗 没有
Hang on.
慢慢听
Blackjack. I’d never played a hand,
21点 我从来没玩过这个
but I went to the library,
我去图书馆
and I checked out all these books on strategy.
看了所有讲21点攻略的书
And I turned the Naperville North math club into a little Vegas.
然后我通过数学俱乐部去了小赌城
What’s a math club? Math club?
什么是 数学俱乐部 你不知道
You compete against other schools.
就是和其他学校比赛
Theory and speed math.
数学理论和算数速度
Like, what’s 298,567 times 92?
比如298,567乘以92等于多少
27,468,16♥4♥.
27,468,16♥4♥
Right. Um…
好吧
Blackjack.
21点
I could tell you when to hit, stand, split, re-split.
我懂得了怎么打 怎么分
I moved on to card counting, shuffle tracking, hole carding.
怎么去算牌 随机猜牌 还有扣牌
And I took everything I had, which was $183,
然后我拿着我全部身家183美元
and I drove down to Harrah’s in Joliet.
开车去了哈兰赌场
Why was this dress so important to you?
为什么那条裙子那么重要
It wasn’t about the dress.
不是裙子的问题
I just wanted to walk into the gym and have everybody say “Wow!”
而是我希望我穿着它走进舞会时 大家都会“哇哦”
I was trying to belong.
我只是想
I was trying to connect.
我想融入大家
I think no matter how different we are,
可能不管我俩有多不一样
we’re all trying to do the same thing.
但我们都想做同一件事
But I lost all but $20 in the first 10 minutes.
后来 前10分钟我就输了20块
I fed that into a nickel slot on the way out,
然后我把剩下的钱都放进了硬币机里
and I won two grand. Hmm.
我赢了2000 嗯哼
I used the extra cash to pay for a limo.
买♥♥裙子剩下的钱 我租了辆林肯
Only wore the dress the one time.
但其实那条裙子我也就穿了一次
Chris, why are we here?
克里斯 为什么我们来这里
I thought this hotel had good water pressure.
我觉得这家酒店水压很好
The Holiday Inn Express in Aurora has good water pressure.
奥罗拉的假日快捷酒店水压也很好啊
Yes, but these towels are very fancy,
对 但这家的毛巾也很棒
and cheaper hotels have scratchy towels.
便宜的酒店毛巾很差
And.
而且
I wanted you to like it.
我希望你喜欢这里
Crazy Eddie and the Panama Pump.
疯狂埃迪和巴拿马泵业公♥司♥
Crazy Eddie Antar and the Panama Pump. Have you ever heard of…
疯狂埃迪和巴拿马泵业公♥司♥ 你听说过他们吗
What? Crazy Eddie Antar.
什么 疯狂埃迪·安塔尔
He owned a string of
八十年代 他在
electronic stores in New York City in the ’80s.
纽约开了电子产品的连锁店
Crazy Eddie Antar, he started
疯狂埃迪·安塔尔 基本上
stealing almost as soon as he opened business.
刚开店就开始偷钱
Okay, I’m not following.
我听不懂
He deposited money in Tel Aviv,
他把钱存在Tel Aviv
and then he cycled it
然后再取出来
through Panama and put it back into his stores.
通过巴拿马泵业公♥司♥ 投资回他的商店
Okay, why take it out and put it back?
为什么要拿出来又投回来
Well, initially he was
一开始他偷钱
just stealing in garden-variety tax evasion,
只是为了普通的避税
but then he came up with a better idea.
但后来他想出了更好的主意
You see, by taking his own money,
用他自己的钱
stealing it, and putting it back on his books…
在账本上进进出出
He was raining cash.
就成了流动资金
He took the company public at $8 a share.
他的公♥司♥上市时每股只要8美元
A year later, it was trading at $75.
一年后暴涨至75美元
Rita’s taking Living Robotics public. Yes.
丽塔也在给实真机体搞上市 是啊
But why would she hire you in the first place
可是如果她知道你会猜到
if she thought you would figure it out?
为什么她还要请你
I don’t know.
我也不知道
I’ll have to ask her.
我得去问问她
Whatever Rita’s involvement, it’s not your concern.
不管丽塔怎么打算的 都不该是你关心的事
You disappear, I make a call.
你尽管消失 我来打电♥话♥
Please. I worry about you.
拜托 我很担心你
If I don’t do something, Dana will die.
如果我不反击的话 戴娜会死的
Risking your life for a girl you’ve known a week.
你为了一个只认识了1周的女孩冒生命危险
Why?
为什么
Heavy sigh.
知道了
What’s the plan?
你有什么计划
Find the person who wants to kill her.
找出想杀她的人
And?
然后
Shoot them in the head.
然后爆头
Last one.
最后一个了
Wolff, two “F” S, Christian.
克里斯丁 沃夫
Two hundred and forty five men.
245个人
Four with incomes over a million.
4个人收入超过百万
All over the age of 60. Sorry.
但是全都年过60 抱歉
Right. Your guy’s an accountant.
对 你们找的是会计
Two Christian Wolffs own CPA firms.
有2个叫克里斯丁 沃尔夫的有会计资格证
The first Christian Wolff owns…
第1个克里斯丁 沃尔夫
Wolff Accounting. 121 South Street, Scottsdale, Arizona.
经营了沃尔夫会计所 亚利桑那州斯科茨代尔的南街121号♥
Income of 435 grand. It’s a good year.
去年收入43万5千多 生意不错
So good, we audited him two years ago.
多得以至于 我们两年前还查过他
He’s clean.
他很清白
The other Christian Wolff…
另一位克里斯丁 沃尔夫
Nope. Only 75 grand.
不是 收入只有7万5
ZZZ Accounting.
ZZZ会计所
Wabash Way, Plainfield, Illinois.
伊州平原镇的沃巴什路上
I mean, it’s not exactly a smart Yellow Pages move.
我是说 在黄页上根本找不到
Wait a second.
等等
Who filed the returns for Kim’s Nails, Wabash Way, Plainfield?
谁帮沃巴什路上的阿金美甲店报税
ZZZ Accounting. Could just be the neighborly…
ZZZ会计所 可能因为是邻居
Great Mandarin, Wabash.
那家中餐馆呢
ZZZ Accounting.
ZZZ会计所
Paul’s Laundromat.
保罗洗衣店呢
ZZZ Accounting.
ZZZ会计所
Tell me they’re all registered as partnerships.
他们不会全都登记的合作关系吧
Every one.
全都是
Managing partner…
经营合伙人
Christian Wolff.
克里斯丁 沃尔夫
Christian Wolff. What?
克里斯丁 沃尔夫 什么
Christian Wolff, last year,
克里斯丁 沃尔夫
ran $75,543 through his accounting firm.
这个人去年通过会计公♥司♥赚了75543美元
Whoa. Who is Christian Wolff?
谁是克里斯丁 沃尔夫
The accountant.
那个会计
75 grand? That’s chump change. Agreed.
7万5 那开价还蛮低的 我同意
But he ran another $287,765 through Kim’s Nails,
他通过阿金美甲店赚了287,765美元
$445,112 through Great Mandarin Chinese, and you’ll love this,
大华中餐馆赚了445,112美元 还有更重要的
$505,909 through Paul’s Laundromat.
保罗洗衣店赚了505,909美元
Paul’s Laundromat? Are you fucking kidding me?
一家洗衣店 怎么可能
He’s playing with us.
他在耍我们呢
He can’t clean that kind of money through an accounting firm.
他没办法通过一家会计公♥司♥ 把钱洗干净
The paper trail’s too heavy.
会留下太多痕迹
So, he’s laundering it through cash businesses.
所以 他通过现金交易的商店来洗钱
All of those are in the same strip mall south of Chicago.
全都在芝加哥南边的一个小商场外完成
I mean, he doesn’t care about the traffic.
他才不管叫什么名字呢
It’s a front. All of it.
只是一个名字
Christian Wolff, Carl Gauss, Lou “Lewis” Carroll.
克里斯丁 沃尔夫 卡尔·高斯 卢 刘易斯 卡罗尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!