我只能摆出各种姿势
Gestures are all that I have.
我无法说话
I have no words I can rely on,
我的舌头又长又平
because my tongue was designed long and flat
因此它无法作为一个可以帮助我
and is therefore an ineffective tool
发出抱怨的多音节声音的工具
for making complicated polysyllabic sounds.
所以我在这里
And that is why I’m here now,
就躺在我撒的这滩尿旁
waiting for Denny to come home…
等丹尼回家
lying in a puddle of my own making.
哟 恩佐
Yo, Enz!
恩佐
Enzo?
我从他的声音里听出了忧虑
I hear the worry in his voice.
怎么了 伙计
What happened, pal?
Enz
Oh, Enz.
我可以闻出他今天做了什么
I can smell the day on him.
机油 汽油还有烤鸡味
Motor oil and gasoline and roast chicken.
能起来吗 哥们
Can you get up. Bud?
我在这 哥们 我就在这
I’m here, buddy. I’m right here.
好的
Okay.
要是我能说话的话
If only I could speak…
我就会告诉他 别担心
I would tell him not to worry.
我曾在电视上看过一部蒙古的纪录片
I saw a documentary about Mongolia on TV once.
在蒙古 他们相信当一只狗
In Mongolia, they believe that when a dog
结束了它的狗生后
has finished living his lifetimes as a dog,
它就会转世成人
his next incarnation will be as a man.
我就在这 老兄
I’m right here, bud.
来吧
There he is.
我意识到这意味着我会失去
I realize this would mean losing
我所有的回忆和经历
all my memories, my experiences.
但是我有个主意
But I have a plan.
我要试着把我所知道的烙印进灵魂
I will try to imprint what I know on my soul,
深深地刻印我的生命里
carry it so deeply in the pockets of my existence
当我睁开双眼 看着我全新的双手时
that when I open my eyes and look down at my new hands,
我就会知道一切
I will already know.
来吧我的恩佐
There’s my Enzo.
我会准备好的
I will be ready.
我会记住一切的
I will remember.
他从一群小狗的乱七八糟的爪子
He picked me out of a pile of pups,
和尾巴堆中选中了我
a tangled mass of paws and tails.
他把车停在他回家路上的一个农场里
He’d stopped at the farm on his way home
就在雅基马城的公路旁
from the speedway at Yakima.
雅基马城:美国华盛顿州
你好
Hey.
现在回想 我知道我与其他狗生而不同
Even back then, I knew I was different than other dogs.
我的灵魂更能感觉到 人性
My soul just felt more… human.
就这只吧
This one.
绝对是这只
Definitely this one.
-这一只最漂亮 -她老爱这么说
– The pick of the litter. – She always said that.
威尔先生 等一下
Mr. Well, just a minute now.
我们想留下这一只
We were thinking of keeping that one.
这老头也爱这么说
He always said that, too.
你好呀
Hey.
要多少钱
How much?
然后 我开始了我狗生的第一瞥
And so, I had my first glimpse at the rest of my life.
♪ 给我一片净土 ♪
♪ Give me peace on Earth ♪
bgm:Give Me Love— Jeff Lynne
♪ 赐我光明 助我生而自♥由♥ ♪
♪ Give me light, give me life, keep me free from birth ♪
♪ 送我希望 助我负重前行 ♪
♪ Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load ♪
♪ 试着接近 去触碰你 ♪
♪ Trying to, touch and reach you with, ♪
♪ 用我的真心与灵魂 ♪
♪ With heart and soul ♪
♪ 请抓紧我的手 ♪
♪ Please take hold of my hand, ♪
♪ 这样我就能理解你 ♪
♪ that I might understand you ♪
♪ 请你不要松手 ♪
♪ Won’t you please oh won’t you ♪
♪ 试着接近 去触碰你 ♪
♪ Trying to, touch and reach you ♪
♪ 送我希望 助我负重前行 ♪
♪ Help me cope with this heavy load ♪
♪ 用我的真心与灵魂 ♪
♪ With heart and soul ♪
托尼 丹尼来了
Tony! Denny’s here.
稍等
Ah, just wait for it.
我都不知道你居然买♥♥了条小狗
I didn’t know you were getting a puppy.
我也没想到
Neither did I.
在路边看到了标牌 然后我就被什么吸引了
Saw a sign on the road and, I don’t know, something came over me.
这不是挺好的嘛 恩佐
Isn’t that right, Enzo’?
恩佐 你是说像法拉利 真不错
“Enzo”? You mean like Ferrari? That’s rad.
你没法照顾它 你基本不在家
You can’t look after a dog. You’re never home.
你可真是会毁气氛
Oh, you’re gonna ruin the moment, aren’t you?
我们最好的朋友 他要毁气氛了
Our best friend, he’s gonna ruin the moment.
我会带着他坐车 他可以做我的幸运物
I’ll take him on the road with me. He can be my good luck charm.
你会来看我们今晚的表演吗
Hey, you coming to our show tonight?
我们帮潜水嘲笑开场
We’re opening for The Scoffs at The Dive.
不 他不行 他得照顾小狗狗
Oh, no, he can’t. He’s got a new puppy to look after.
看看 他已经带来好运了
See, he’s good luck already.
我今早已经接到电♥话♥
I got the call this morning,
他们需要一个额外的车手
they need an extra driver.
好的 是的
Yeah, sure.
没错 我会给你留一张大门通行证
Yeah, I’ll, uh, leave you a pass at the gate.
好吧 两张
Okay, two passes.
那家伙是谁来着
Who is this guy again?
没错
That’s right.
我喜欢我的新家
I liked my new home.
就是少了点草 不过我觉得我可以帮帮忙
It only lacked for grass, but I figured I could make do.
恩佐不行
Enzo, no!
唐 我会打给你
Don, I got to call you back.
去吧
And… go ahead.
好的 老弟 现在可以放水了
Okay, bud, fire away.
丹尼似乎对我的厕所习惯有不一般的兴趣
Denny seemed unusually interested in my bathroom habits.
撒呀 不要害羞
Go on. Go ahead.
当然 你已经撒了
Of course, you did.
好的伙计
Okay, pal…
是时候睡觉了 明天可是赛车的大日子
it’s time to turn in. Big day tomorrow at the race.
做个听话的好孩子
So just be a good boy.
睡一会好吗
Get some sleep, okay?
好吧
Okay.
行吧
All right.
好的
Okay.
当然啦 只要擦一点在
Of course. Just rub that in…
后来我学会了 这个叫做电视
I’d later learn it was called a television.
它能及时地教我了解更多的人类行为
And, in time, it would teach me much about human behavior.
但是在那晚 新世界的窗户就此打开
But that night, it felt like a window into a whole new world.
你喜欢这个是吗
Oh, you like that, huh?
喜欢吗 不对 应该说是我爱死了
Like it? No, I loved it.
右脚油门
Right foot on the gas.
轻松过弯
Ease into the turn.
更棒的是他还带我去赛车现场
And even better was when he took me to the race itself.
丹尼
Denny!
我的天
Oh. My God…
丹尼的公♥寓♥是我的家
Denny’s apartment was home, but this…
但我觉得我真正属于这里
this was where I truly belonged.
这比我想象中还要令狗激动
It was more thrilling than I could’ve imagined.
感觉如何 恩佐
What do you think, Enzo?
我觉得这里是人间天堂
I thought it was heaven on earth.
能再说一次他的名字吗
What’d you say his name is again?
丹尼·斯威夫特 96号♥赛车
Denny Swift. Number 96 car.
他需要钱时
He teaches for me from time to time
会不时地充当我老师 但相信我
when he needs cash, but you trust me,
-他是一颗历经磨砺的钻石 -收到
– this kid’s a diamond in the rough. – Copy that.
从赛车上传来的阵阵高温
The heat coming off the track,
令人屏息的速度 维修站员工们的精确度
the breathless speed and precision of the pit crew…
这一切都令我敬畏
I was in awe of it all.
他参加了一年的F3赛
He did a year in Formula Three.
被奇皮·西蒙的奥迪计划选中
Got picked up by Zip Simone’s Audi program.
开始为自己挣得名声 但后来奇皮破产了
Started making a name for himself, but then Zippy went bankrupt.
于是他失去了他的座驾
Then he lost his ride.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!