你真的这样
Did you really?
如果你很想找一份工作
Hey, look. If you’re serious about wanting a job,
摘苹果也不算太闷
picking apples isn’t that boring.
是吗?我倒很想做啊
Yeah? Oh, I would love that, Wally.
再见, 荷马
See you around, Homer.
噢, 好的
Oh, yeah.
谢谢你所做的一切
Thank you, for everything. Mm-hmm.
嗨, 爹
Hi, Dad!
来, 你来见见我妈妈
Come on. You’re gonna meet my mom.
我有出席那个婚礼
By the way, I’ve been at a wedding, all right?
我就是在那个婚礼见过你的
If it comes up, that’s where I met you, at the wedding.
华利?华利, 是你吗?
Wally? Wally, is that you?
妈, 这位是韦荷马
Mom, this is Homer Wells.
你好吗, 荷马?
How do you do, Homer?
好, 您好
Oh, good. How do you do?
他是摘苹果工人中资历最超班的
He’s the most overqualified apple picker you’ll ever meet
但他非常想学
but he’s dying to learn.
真的?你是新郎的朋友吗?
Really? Were you a friend of the groom’s, Homer?
他是新郎的朋友, 也是新娘的
Homer’s a friend of the groom’s, the bride’s,
更加是所有人的朋友
everyone. Come on.
那你该留下来吃晚饭了
In that case, maybe you’d like to stay to dinner, Homer?
没时间啦, 妈
Another time, Mom.
来, 你还得见见路士先生
You gotta meet Mr. Rose.
你把热水都用光了
You used up all the hot water!
你是在用我的肥皂吗?
You’re usin’ my soap, ain’t you?
我没有用肥皂呀
I ain’t usin’ no soap.
太冷了, 不适宜用肥皂
So clam….
永远都是不够热水用
Never….
他们都是移♥民♥
They’re migrants.
他们摘苹果
They pick the fruit. All kinds.
带一些合时的往返海岸做买♥♥卖♥♥
They travel up and down the coast with the seasons.
你想跟路士先生相处得好
The trick to Mr.
就要让他发号♥施令
Rose is you have to let him be boss.
对不起
Oh, excuse me.
水槽又坏了
The sink’s backed up again, Wally. Not again.
我以为你说过去找个水喉匠来
Thought you said you was gonna get us a plumber.
路丝, 这位是荷马
Rose, this is Homer.
这位是路士先生的女儿路丝
Homer, this is Mr. Rose’s daughter, Rose.
你是水喉匠吗?
You a plumber?
荷马是初来摘苹果的
Homer’s the new picker.
他会留在这里跟你
He’s gonna stay here with you.
他留在这里?
He’s stayin’ here?
是呀
Yeah.
我这个女儿嘛
This daughter of mine
她真是非常好客的, 是吗?
she’s just Miss Hospitality, ain’t she, Wally?
摘苹果的新工人?
New picker?
我倒怀疑你很有经验
You got lots of experience, I expect.
荷马并没有经验
Homer’s got no experience, Arthur
但他比我聪明
but he’s smarter than I am
他学得很快
and he’s a fast learner.
路士先生会教你有关苹果的业务
Mr. Rose is gonna teach you the apple business.
我们是在缔造历史, 是吗?
Well, I believe this is history. We’re makin’ history, Wally, ain’t we?
有这位青年加入一定缔造历史了
We’re makin’ history havin’ this young man stay with us.
你不如带他到处逛逛吧
Why don’t you show him around?
你的名字叫露丝露丝
Your name is Rose Rose?
很美吧?
Pretty, ain’t it?
非常美哟, 你喜欢阅读吗?
Very. You like to read?
我真的识字不多
I really can’t read that good.
这一段怎样读呢?
Homer, what does this say? Here.
我眺望闪闪繁星
I looked at the stars and considered…
不禁想到一个人冷得快要死时
how awful it would be for a man to turn his face to them
还得面对星群, 是多么可怕
and he froze to death and see…
他在闪闪星光中得不到援助
no help or pity in all
也得不到垂怜
the glittering multitude.
再多读些吧
More.
既然只有你聪明得会读书
Since you the one… who’s smart enough to read
这里说的是什么?
what’s this here?
好像是一系列规则
It’s a list of rules it seems.
谁要守的规例?
Whose rules?
我猜是我们要守吧
I imagine they’re for us, I suppose.
读吧, 荷马
Go on then. Read ’em, Homer.
第一条: 请勿在床上抽烟
One: Please don’t smoke in bed.
这一条订得太迟了
It’s too late for that one.
继续读下去吧, 荷马
Keep reading, Homer.
第二条 :
Two:
喝了酒后请勿操作磨机或扳机
Please don’t operate the grinder or press if you’ve been drinking.
那些都不是我们的规则啊
You know, they ain’t our rules, Homer.
我们没有这样写过
We didn’t write ’em.
我看用不着读下去了
I don’t see no need to read ’em.
好的
Okay.
晚安, 你们这些缅因州皇子
Good night, you Princes of Maine
你们这些新英格兰皇帝
you Kings of New England.
记住, 早上绿草尚湿时
Hoo! Remember this. In the morning when the grass is wet,
会滑得很快
you can make it slide.
感觉到吗?几乎像在飞翔一样
Feel it? Yeah. It’s almost like flying.
小心那些树呀
Watch out for the trees.
树就好比高射炮, 非常危险
Trees are flak, antiaircraft fire…
还会把车毁掉
from the geeks on the ground.
喂, 荷马
Hey, Homer.

Hi.
我正在带荷马参观果园
I was just showin’ Homer the orchard.
好像上地理课似的
Kind of a geography lesson.
真的, 这是什么?
Really? What’s that?
看来你像教他飞行课程
Looks like you’ve been giving him flying lessons.
他很喜欢嘛
Ah, he loved it.
你喜欢?
Didn’t you?
华利以为人是喜欢被树枝打的
Wally here thinks people like being whacked by branches.
噢, 我喜欢哟
Oh, I liked it.
真的?
Really?
是啊
Yeah!
你真是不可思议
You’re unbelievable.
谢谢你过奖
Well, thank you very much.
喂, 你有什么不妥啊了
Hey! What’s wrong with you?
对不起
Sorry.
那个是维朗
That’s Vernon.
你未熟悉他前最好避开他
You better stay away from him till he gets to know you better.
熟悉他后更加要避开他
Then you best stay away from him even more.
荷马!
Homer.
中尉叫你, 你最好小心点!
Lieutenant’s calling you. You better watch your ass, Homer.
喂, 华利
Hey, Wally.
你习惯下来了吗?
You gettin’ along okay? Yeah.
你猜一猜是什么事?
Guess what.
什么事啊?
What?
我今天得乘船离开啦
I’m shippin’ out today.
比我预期中早了些
It’s a little sooner than I expected, but…
我要肯定你已安顿下来而且开心
I wanted to make sure that you’re settled and happy enough considering–
你觉得闷吗?
Are you bored stiff or
你还可以做下去吗?
do you think you can stick it out a bit?
当然可以啦
Yeah, of course.
你给我这份工作, 我很感谢你
I’m grateful for the job, Wally.
我也很感激你
I’m grateful too.
知道有你在这里打点一切
It gives me peace of mind knowin’ you’re here keepin’
我安心得多了
an eye on things.
那太好了
Well, that’s good.
你准备好了吗?
You about ready, Homer?
行啦
Yeah.
谢谢, 我能认识你, 实在很幸运
Uh, look, Wally, thanks. I’m lucky I met you.
幸运的是我
I’m the lucky one.
不, 说真的, 是我很幸运
No, really, I’m lucky.
争着说幸运是想跟我争执吗?
Do you wanna fight about it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!