后人
大♥陆♥的朋友们都觉得
My friends on the mainland…
我生活在夏威夷
…think just because I live in Hawai’i…
就是生活在天堂
…I live in paradise.
如同一个漫漫长假
Like a permanent vacation.
品鸡尾酒
We’re all just out here siping Mai Tais…
肆意摇摆 追逐浪间
…shaking our hips, catching waves.
他们有病吧
Are they insane?
以为我们就不会被生活琐事困扰
Do they think we are immune to life?
他们居然以为
How can they possibly think
我们很少出现家庭问题
our families are less screwed up…
就算得癌症也不会轻易致命
Our cancers less fatal…
即便悲伤亦不会痛彻心扉
Our heartache less painful.
活见鬼 我已经十五年没有冲浪了
Hell, I haven’t been on a surfboard in 15 years.
过去的二十三天
For the last 23 days…
我一直待在满是静脉注射器
…I’ve been living in a paradise of IVs…
尿袋和气管导管的人间天堂
…and urine bags and endotracheal tubes.
天堂
Paradise.
去他妈的天堂
Paradise can go fuck itself.
这是伊丽莎白·托尔森·金
This is Elizabeth Thorson King.
我的妻子
My wife.
二十三天前她在比赛时
23 days ago she was launched
掉下汽艇 撞到了头
from a powerboat during a race and hit her head.
差点淹死
Almost drowned.
得知这场意外和她昏迷不醒的消息时
When I heard about the accident and about the coma…
我并不在镇上
…I wasn’t even in town.
我在毛伊岛出差 我们三天没交谈过了
I was on Maui on business. We hadn’t spoken in 3 days.
其实 我们已经几个月没好好说过话了
In a way, we hadn’t really spoken in months.
如果你这样做是为了引起我注意
If you’re doing this to get my attention,
丽兹 那你做到了
Liz, It’s working.
我已经准备好了
I’m ready now…
准备好交谈 准备好改变
I am ready to talk, I am ready to change…
准备好做一个好丈夫 好父亲
I’m ready to be your real husband and a real father.
求你醒过来 丽兹 醒过来
Just wake up… Please, Liz, just wake up.
诺尔 怎么了
Hi, Noe, what’s up?
马特 斯考蒂的老师找你
Matt, Scottie’s teacher’s on the phone.
她说有急事
She says it’s urgent.
好 转接过来
Okay, Put her on.
我们觉得斯考蒂的这些照片不适合
We don’t think these photographs are appropriate…
与全班同学分享
…for Scottie to be sharing with her classmates.
有些同学回家后心神不宁
Some of them went home quite disturbed…
我们已经接到好几个家长打来的投诉电♥话♥
…and we’ve got some angry calls from parents.
她好像是进城去拍这些照片的
Yeah, she’s kind of been going to town…
我一点儿都不知道
…on this whole picture-taking thing, I had no idea-
金先生
Mr. King.
这种事我们见多了
We see this every day.
家里出了事 孩子们在学校就会表现异常
Children acting out at school when something’s wrong at home.
而你们家正好又遇到如此不幸
And your family is facing a devastating crisis.
你有没有和斯考蒂
Have you been engaging
好好谈过这件事
Scottie in really talking about what’s going on?
谈过 当然谈过
Yes. Yes. Absolutely.
有鼓励她说出自己的感受吗
Encouraging her to express her feelings?
-这至关重要 -我明白
– That’s crucial. – I understand.
你怎么回事
What’s the matter with you?
把妈妈的病床照当成美术作业给同学看
Showing those pictures of Mom for your art project?
我是摄影师 爸爸 真正的摄影师
I’m a photographer, Dad, a real photographer.
行了吧你 你做过头了
No, you’re not. You’re overdoing it is what you’re doing.
我在书里看到的
I saw it in a book.
有个著名的女摄影师
Some famous photographer
拍下了她母亲临死前在医院的照片
lady took pictures of her mom in the hospital…
就被称为艺术
…While she was dying, and they’re considered art.
我也一样
That’s what I’m doing.
首先 你妈妈只是病得很重
First of all, your mother’s very sick,
不是快死了
but she’s not dying.
其次 不要和陌生人分享私事
And second of all, we don’t share personal stuff with strangers.
妈妈的事是隐私
What’s going on with Mom is private.
-我饿了 能去吃汉堡吗 -不行
– I’m hungry. Can we get burgers? – No.
我上次独自照看斯考蒂时
The last time I took care
她才三岁
of Scottie by myself was when she was three.
现在她十岁了
Now she’s 10.
我不知道该拿她怎么办
And I have no idea what to do with her.
我现在就想吃 等不了一个小时
I want to eat now, not in an hour.
现在伊丽莎白住院了 这是对我的考验
And with Elizabeth in the hospital, she’s testing me.
我是后备家长
I’m the backup parent.
是替补
The understudy.
我是马特·金 您给我打过电♥话♥
This’s Matt King, I’m returning your call.
有什么能帮您的
How can I help you?
是你的女儿 斯考蒂
It’s your daughter, Scottie.
她老是给我女儿拉尼发一些恶心的短♥信♥
She’s been texting some awful things to my daughter, Lani…
我希望她别再发了
…and I’d like her to stop.
这是最近一条
Here’s the latest one.
我们都知道你夏天会长阴毛
“We all know you grew pubes over the summer. ”
我女儿是发育相对有点儿早
I mean, my daughter can’t help
但这不是她能控制的
that she’s developing a little early for her age.
你觉得这样好吗
Do you think that’s nice?
她平时不这样
Oh, That’s not like her at all.
她一般都很乖
She’s usually very sweet.
你也知道 她妈妈病了
As you may know, her mother isn’t well,
也许这是她发泄的方式
maybe this is how she’s dealing with it.
对于你家里的事我很抱歉 金先生
I’m very sorry about your family situation, Mr. King…
但我女儿经常放学哭着回来
…But my daughter comes home from school in tears.
我懂了 很抱歉
Yeah, no, I get it. I’m sorry.
抱歉的应该是斯考蒂
Scottie’s the one who should be sorry.
我要她自己过来道歉
I want her to come over and apologize…
而且再也不许给我女儿发短♥信♥
…and I don’t ever want her to text my daughter again.
如果她不道歉 我就去找教导主任
If she doesn’t apologize, I’ll take it up with the dean.
别想用钱把这事摆平
You can’t buy your way out of this.
能告诉我您的地址吗
Can you give me an address?
谢谢你们过来
Thank you for coming by.
你好
Hi.
我忘了提 攀岩的时候斯考蒂还说
I forgot to mention the time Scottie said…
不想跟拉尼分一组
…she didn’t want to be Lani’s partner at the rock wall…
因为她怕掉进我女儿的屁♥股♥缝儿里
…because she didn’t want to fall into my daughter’s butt crack.
这是什么糊话
That doesn’t even make sense.
斯考蒂
Scottie…
你有话要对拉尼说吗
Do you have something you want to say to Lani?
对不起
Sorry.
没关系
It’s okay.
好了 很高兴见到你们
Great. Well, nice meeting you both.
拉尼 有空来我们家玩
Lani, you should come over to our house sometime.
游泳或者远足什么的
For a swim or a hike or something.
我觉得她一点诚意都没有
I don’t think she’s sorry at all.
她还会那样儿 我看得出来
She’s going to keep on doing it. I can tell.
不 她不会了
No, she won’t.
斯考蒂 你不会再那样儿了 是吗
Look… Scottie, you’re gonna stop, right?
而且你真的知道错了 是吧
And you’re really really sorry, right?
-对了 金先生 -怎么了
– Oh, and Mr. King? – Yes?
祝你出♥售♥顺利
Good luck with the sale.
都说你的决定对夏威夷的房♥地♥产♥市场
They say your decision will have a major impact…
有很大影响
…on Hawai’i’s real estate world.
更别提对考艾岛风景区的影响了
Not to mention the whole landscape of Kaua’i.
上亿美元吧
Hundreds of millions of dollars, yeah?
是啊 是个重要的决定
Yeah, it’s a big decision.
我丈夫是考艾岛人
My husband’s family is from Kaua’i.
在哈纳佩佩土生土长 他们希望你别卖♥♥掉
Hanapepe, born and bred. They hope you don’t sell.
是吗
You don’t say.
那儿会变得拥堵不堪吧
All the traffic it’s gonna make.
丽兹昏迷不醒已经够让人心烦了
As if Liz’s coma weren’t enough already…
现在整个夏威夷还在关注我
The whole goddamned state is following my decision…
到底要把考艾岛的两万五千英亩地卖♥♥给谁
…on who’s gonna buy 25,000 acres on Kaua’i…
那块地自十九世纪六十年代就归我家所有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!