从此我发誓再不打那种球了
No, no, no. Last time I played Pebble, I swore I’d never pick up a club again.
提到「游戏」? 我无意间听到你们在谈「消服会」
Well, speaking about games, I couldn’t help but overhear you talking about CRS.
我今天在蒙哥马利街分公♥司♥接受测验
The reason I mention it is I took the test today. The Montgomery Street office.
真的?恭喜啦
You did? Kudos.
所以你的「游戏」还没开始吗?
So yours hasn’t started yet?
还没,我也正想问你这个问题
Not yet. That was one of the questions I had for you. What is it?
– 这是什么游戏? – 永远有人问这个问题
– What is it? – The eternal question.
知道吗,我很羡慕你
You know, I envy you. I wish I could go back
我真想从头再来一遍
and do it for the first time, all over again.
为新的体验干一杯
Here’s to… new experiences.
抱歉,我得走了 晚安,泰德
Excuse me, I’ve gotta go. Night, Ted.
– 尼克 – 很高兴认识你
– Nicholas. – Nice to meet you.
– 你最近玩过吗? – 一年前
– So you played recently? – About a year ago.
当时我在洛杉矶工作
I was working in Los Angeles.
听说伦敦分公♥司♥也很好
I hear the London office is very good, too.
想必是幻想 扮演某种角色之类的把戏
Sounds like a lot of fantasy role-playing nonsense.
你想知道这究竟是什么游戏吗?
You wanna know what it is?
怎么了
What it’s all about?
约翰福音第九章二十五节里
John Chapter 9, Verse 25.
我很久没上主日学了
I… haven’t been to Sunday school in a long time.
从前我是盲的 如今我看见了
“Whereas once I was blind, now I can see.”
晚安,尼克
Good night, Nicholas.
– 祝你好运 – 晚安
– Best of luck. – Good night.
要是明天不能跟贝尔葛兰特公♥司♥开会
If the Baer/Grant meeting is not held tomorrow…
这会干脆就不要开了
it may as well not be held at all.
等范沃顿先生明日搭机时
When Mr Van Orton boards his plane on the morrow,
所有合约都必须
he will have every agreement and addendum;
全部修改妥当
the complete closing package, flawlessly revised.
顶多是占了你们听歌♥剧的时间
So you’ll miss another opera you would have slept during anyway.
我们现在有机会做给客户看
We now have an opportunity to show our client
我们有绝佳能力应付他的挑战
how well we will rise to his exhilarating challenge.

Yes.
– 你是尼可拉斯·范沃顿吗? – 你哪位?
– Nicholas Van Orton? – Who is this?
– 我是「消服会」的辛西娅 – 你怎么会有我行动电♥话♥的号♥码?
– This is Cynthia from CRS. – How did you get this number?
– 我们已经处理你的入会申请 – 我现在在开会
– We’ve processed your application. – I’m in a meeting…
– 很抱歉不能让你入会 – 你说什么?
– I’m afraid it was rejected. – I beg your pardon?
请不要有任何负面的感觉
You shouldn’t feel this reflects negatively on you.
– 简直太可笑了 – 谢谢你选择「消服会」
– This is ridiculous. – Thank you for thinking of CRS.
– 什么事不对劲吗? – 没事
– Anything wrong? – No, nothing.
你可以挂掉或按井字键
You may hang up, or press “pound”for more options.
我是康拉德,请留话
Oh, this is Conrad, leave a message.
康尼,我尼克,请给我回电
Yes, Connie, it’s Nicholas. Give me a ring when you get in.
你给我的生日礼物出了点问题
Oh, uh, regarding your birthday present; things are a little crazy right now,
我不知道排不排得进时间表
I don’t know if I can fit it in my schedule.
希望明天晚餐能跟你谈,再见
We’ll talk about it at dinner tomorrow. Thanks. Bye.
哈罗
Hello?
C.R.S.(消服会)
导致失业率提高
… resulting rise of unemployment
小企业减少
and decline in viable small businesses.
共和党高层认为通过这项法案
Meanwhile, Republican leaders argue that its passage
将可刺♥激♥迟缓的经济需求
would be the very stimulant a sluggish economy needs.
无人表示这项法案
No one has expressed an opinion as to how it will impact
将如何影响尼可拉斯·范沃顿的生存
the pampered existence of Nicholas Van Orton.
民♥主♥共和两党议员似乎都同意
The one thing on which both Democrats and Republicans agree
多数美国人对经济前景不乐观
is that most Americans harbour serious doubts about the economic future.
最近的一项民调显示 百分之五十七的美国工人相信
A recent poll suggests a staggering 57 per cent of American workers
未来五到七年内
believe there is a very real chance they will be unemployed
他们将会失业
within the next five to seven years.
但这对于像你这样的百万富豪 根本就是不痛不痒
But what does that matter to a bloated, millionaire fat cat like you?
至于其他财经新闻
Stock markets rose both domestically and abroad
今日国内外股市开♥盘♥利多大涨
after the announcement of stronger than expected earnings
因为许多高科技公♥司♥业绩亮丽 但后来大盘指数又下滑
by several hi-tech companies, but dipped again after reports
盘中传出尼可拉斯·范沃顿打喷嚏而震荡
that Nicholas Van Orton had sneezed.
你打算整晚撬那小丑的嘴吗?
Are you gonna spend the rest of the evening prying at that clown’s mouth?
我…
I… I don’t…
你不专心听,我会很没成就感
It’s frustrating for me if you don’t pay attention.
这怎么回事?
What is this?
这是你的游戏,尼克,欢迎你
This is your game, Nicholas, and welcome to it.
我是来告诉你游戏基本规则的
I’m here to let you in on a few ground rules.
你已收到第一支钥匙 其余的会陆续收到
You’ve received the very first key and others will follow.
你不会知道到哪里找、怎么用
You won’t know where you’ll find them or how you’ll need to use them,
所以,眼睛要放亮一点
so keep your eyes open.
– 怎么回事,你看得见我? – 问题留着以后再问吧
– How do you? You can see me? – Let’s save the questions till after.
你怎么看得见我?
How does this work?
有个小型摄影机正对着你
There’s a tiny camera looking at you right now.
– 这是不可能的 – 你说得对,的确不可能
– That’s impossible. – You’re right. Impossible.
你是在跟你的电视在对话
You’re having a conversation with your television.
这是缩小图
It’s miniaturised.
你知道这有多危险吗?
Do you know how dangerous that is?
范沃顿先生
Mr Van Orton?
国内新闻方面,在南加州…
And in domestic news, in southern…
– 依尔沙,什么事? – 一切都还好吧?
– Yes, Ilsa, what is it? – Is everything all right?
很好
Fine…
我要下班了
I’ve finished for the evening.
– 你还需要什么吗? – 不需要了,谢谢你
– Will you be needing anything else? – No, thank you.
– 晚安 – 晚安
– Good night. – Good night, then.
– 那是谁 – 别管她是谁
– Who’s that? – Never mind who that is.
想知道摄影机怎么跑进你家吗?
You wanna know how a camera got into your home.
对,我想知道
Yes, I would.
蛮远的
Cold.
更远了
Colder.
靠近了一些
Warm.
更近了
Warmer.
把这电♥话♥号♥码写下来
Write this number down.
这是「消服会」的热♥线♥ 只有紧急情况才能打
It’s a 24-hour Consumer Recreation Services hotline, for emergencies only.
不要打去问这游戏的目标为何
But don’t call asking what the object of the game is.
它的目标就是找出游戏的意义
Figuring that out is the object of the game.
祝你好运,恭喜你选择「消服会」
Good luck, and congratulations on choosing CRS.
威胁在事件后将驱逐美国大使
… threatened to have the American ambassador expelled.
美国国♥务♥院♥随即发表正式道歉
The US State Department responded quickly with a formal apology,
并宣布立刻自动撤除使节
and announcement of the ambassador’s immediate removal.
救我出去
Help me out here, huh?
如果你想打电♥话♥ 挂了以后再试试
If you’d like to make a call, please hang up and try again.
我能帮你什么吗?
May I help you?
什么事?
What is it?
什么?
What?
谢谢你
Thank you.
嘿,老兄
Bud?
帮个忙吧
Can you help me out?
拿些卫生纸给我,这里没了
I need some toilet paper, I ran out.
到隔壁拿就可以了
Just go into the next stall.
拜托,帮个忙
Come on, help me out.
你好
Hello?
你好
Hello?
– 没想到会在这里遇到你 – 我想祝你好运
– Didn’t expect to see you here. – I wanted to wish you luck.
– 整晚没睡吗? – 我亲自检查过了
– You been up all night? – I checked it. Personally.
谢谢,山姆,回去睡个觉吧
I appreciate that. Go home and get some sleep.
– 你确定不需要我陪? – 不必,我没事
– You sure you don’t want me along? – No, I’ll be fine.
– 好美的衬衫 – 别问了
– Nice shirt. – Don’t ask.
这些年来
All these years…
你第一次进我办公室
the first time ever you step foot in these offices,
就是要请我下台
it’s to ask me to step down.
你答应要达成预定目标,安森 你说一股六十元
You promised to meet the projections, Anson. $1.6♥4♥0 a share is what you said.
我这次来访你应该不会意外
I don’t think this visit comes as a surprise.
– 当初的预估是太过乐观了 – 老实说,没错
– The projections were too optimistic. – Admittedly, yes.
上一季我们每股盈余是一块五 每股已经增加八分了
Our EPS was 1540 last quarter. We are up eight cents per share.
当初目标是十分 这案子的目标达成是很重要的
The expectations were ten. The expectations meant everything.
你当真要跟我计较这几分钱吗?
Will you hold me to it over pennies?
我的股票下跌了,你的我不管
My stock is falling, I don’t know about yours.
这几分钱害我损失好几百万
Those pennies are costing millions.
再给我一季的时间 届时你若仍这么想,再决定不迟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!