From the Sanskrit.
意思是真♥相♥和公平
Meaning truth and fairness.
我说了吧
I told you.
我看这个比较明显
It’s… It’s obvious to me
我们应该用甘地开场
that we should begin the debate with Gandhi.
那就是我们不该做的
That’s exactly why I won’t do it.
为什么我应该去做这么明显的事情?
Why should I do the obvious thing?
因为这样就能赢
Because that’s what wins debates!
听听你自己的话 这是哈佛
Listen to what you’re saying. This is Harvard, okay?
你听到消极抵抗的时候第一个想到的是什么?
The first thing you think when you think civil disobedience is what?
那就是我们应该用甘地的原因
That’s why we should use Gandhi!
但是甘地是个很有力的依据
But Gandhi is a strong point!
我想要赢 你想赢吗?
I want to win! Do you want to win?
是 我想赢 但是他是对的
Yes, I want to win, but he’s right!
这样是没用的
This is not getting us anywhere!
托森说了我负责的
Tolson told me I was in charge!
他没让你负责
He didn’t put you in charge!
你的”负责”不代表着……
You’re “in charge” does not mean…
我就可以做决定
So I can make decisions.
我们不用甘地开场
We’re not starting with Gandhi!
我们用
Yes, we are!
你看看你自己 你像个小孩一样
Do you hear yourself? You sound like a kid!
你才是
Well, you are a kid!
大家停停
Fellas, come on!
– 我是个笨蛋? – 没错
– I’m an idiot? – Yes!
你们去死吧 你们去死
To hell with you! To hell with you!
辩论也去死吧
To hell with this debate!
我去死? 我去死?
To hell with me? To hell with me?
就因为我不同意你的意见?
Just because I disagree with you?
如果你要退出 没问题
If you’re gonna walk out, fine!
我们不会求你回来
We’re not chasing you!
我们求你都求烦了
We are so tired of chasing you!
他还会回来吧?
He’s coming back, isn’t he?
不关我事
See if I care!
你好吗?
How you doing, man?
你睡着的时候很漂亮
You’re beautiful when you’re asleep.
亨利 我……
Henry, l…
是 我知道 我知道
Yeah, I know, I know.
但是你阻止不了我看你
But you can’t stop me from looking at you.
大家能不能住嘴睡觉?
Can everybody shut up and go to bed?
詹姆士 起来 醒醒
James, come on, wake up.

No.
詹姆士
James.
快起来
Come on, James, get up.
干嘛?
What?
这是什么?
What is this?
这是我的笔记
That’s my notes.
你给我♥干♥什么?
What are you giving them to me for?
因为你 而不是我 要去辩论了
Because you’re debating, not me.
什么?
What?
轮到你了
It’s your turn, James.
你说真的?
You serious?
你疯了
You’re crazy.
14岁 你就跟我一样出色
At 14, you’re just as good as me.
裁判会爱死你的
The judges will love you.
不 不 你不能退出
No. No. You can’t quit.
我不退出 萨曼莎
I’m not quitting, Samantha.
托森让我当队长 告诉我说你已经 准备好了
Tolson made me captain, and he said you were ready.
但是你看到我在霍华的表现了
Yeah, but you saw me at Howard.
非常差
I was horrible.
对 很差 是不是?
That’s right. You did terrible, didn’t you?
一团糟 对不对?
Stunk up the whole joint, right?
那你就该直接退出 对不对?
So you should just quit, right?
你应该直接放弃
You should just give up.

No.
谁是裁判?
Who’s the judge?
什么?
What?
谁是裁判?
Who’s the judge?
上帝是裁判
The judge is God.
为什么是上帝?
And why is he God?
因为他决定谁赢谁输 而不是我的对手
Because he decides who wins or loses, not my opponent.
谁是你的对手?
And who is your opponent?
他不存在
He doesn’t exist.
他为什么不存在?
Why doesn’t he exist?
因为他只是一个有异议于我的
[Both] Because he is a mere a dissenting voice
声音而已
to the truth that I speak.
对了
That’s right.
说出事实来
Speak the truth.
哈佛纪念堂
Direct from Harvard Memorial Hall
剑桥 马萨诸塞州
in Cambridge, Massachusetts,
这是WNBC电台 为您直播
this is WNBC Radio, bringing to you live
今晚历史性的辩论
tonight’s history-making debate
默默无名的德州马歇尔真的威利学院
between little Wiley College from Marshall, Texas,
对抗哈佛大学辩论队
and the Harvard University Debate team,
第一次
the first time ever
一个黑人学院直接面对全国冠军
a Negro college has faced the national champions.
哈佛教务主任
Harvard’s Dean of Students
走上了讲台
is making his way to the podium now.
观众同时都安静了下来
The crowd, as if on cue, falls silent.
在这历史性的时刻
On this historic occasion,
我们欢迎威利学院优秀的辩论队
we welcome the distinguished team from Wiley College,
我们尊敬的裁判们 观众朋友们
our illustrious judges, you the audience,
还有通过这奇妙的无线电 收听的全国听众
and through the wonder of radio, the nation.
哈佛今年庆祝其300年校庆
Harvard University celebrates its 300th anniversary this year,
还有 富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福 哈佛的第五位美国总统
and, in Franklin Delano Roosevelt, its fifth President of the United States.
但是 任何大学 不管历史上 多么辉煌或正统
But no university, no matter how grand or august in its history,
都不能只活在过去
can afford to live in the past.
所以 为了明天
So, in the spirit of tomorrow,
我向你们介绍
I introduce to you today:
来自威利学院的辩手们
The debaters from Wiley College:
萨曼莎·布可小姐
Miss Samantha Booke,
詹姆士·法默二世先生
Mr. James Farmer, Junior.
什么?
What?
法默先生开始正方一辩陈词
Mr. Farmer will argue the first affirmative.
辩题:
Resolved:
消极抵抗是
Civil disobedience is a moral weapon
维护正义的道德武器
in the fight for justice.
但是抵抗怎么能是道德的呢?
But how can disobedience ever be moral?
我想 那就要取决于
Well, I guess that depends
这些词汇的定义了
on one’s definition of the words.
这个词
Word.
1919年 印度
In 1919, in India,
一万人在阿密萨集♥会♥ 抗♥议♥英国的暴君统治
10,000 people gathered in Amritsar to protest the tyranny of British rule.
开始了吗?
Has it started?
– 嘘 – 你哥哥在发言
– Shh! – Your brother’s talking.
坐下
Just sit down.
雷吉诺·戴尔将军将他们困在一个院子里
General Reginald Dyer trapped them in a courtyard
然后让军队往人群开枪十分钟
and ordered his troops to fire into the crowd for ten minutes.
379人死亡
379 died…
男人 女人 孩子……
men, women, children…
被残酷杀害
Shot down in cold blood.
戴尔说他给他们上了一堂道德课
Dyer said he had taught them a moral lesson.
甘地和他的追随者没有 用暴♥力♥反抗
Gandhi and his followers responded not with violence
而是一个组织好的不合作活动
but with an organized campaign of non-cooperation.
政♥府♥大楼被占领
Government buildings were occupied.
道路被不愿起身的人们 所堵死
Streets were blocked with people who refused to rise,
甚至被警♥察♥殴打也坚持着
even when beaten by police.
甘地被逮捕了
Gandhi was arrested,
但是英国人被迫释放了他
but the British were soon forced to release him.
他说这是道德的胜利
He called it a moral victory.
道德的定义:

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!