-这是卡罗威先生 -议员
– This is Mr. Carraway. – Senator.
-布坎南太太 -倾国倾城
– Mrs. Buchanan. – Charmed.
受宠若惊
Delighted.
还有 布坎南先生
Oh, and Mr. Buchanan
马球运动员
the polo player.
不 我不是
No, not me.
见到布坎南家的人总是令人快乐
Always a pleasure to meet a Buchanan.
-见到您也是 -议员 我一会儿再去找你
– Likewise. – Senator, I’ll catch up with you later.
赌桌边上见
Perhaps at the craps table.
我可不想被说成马球运动员
I’d rather not be the polo player.
汤姆 你该为自己的成就感到骄傲
Tom. You should be proud of your achievements.
我带你们转转吧
May I show you around?
好啊
Sure.
那些名人长什么样
You must know the faces
-你应该都知道吧 -当然
– of many people you’ve heard of! – Absolutely.
我们不经常出去
We don’t go around very much.
-我可能一个人也不认得 -是吗
– I don’t think I recognize a single person. – Is that so?
你可能知道那边那位小姐
Perhaps you know that lady right there.
那是马琳·穆恩 我喜欢她的电影
It’s Marlene Moon. I adore her pictures.
要不要我介绍你们认识一下
Would you like me to introduce you?
我真的不想被说成是马球运动员
I’d really rather not be the polo player.
这些东西真是令人激动
These things excite me so.
漂亮的舞姿
Nice little dance.
我想我们见过面 布坎南先生
I believe we’ve met before, Mr. Buchanan.
大概一个月前
About a month ago.
对了
That’s right.
你当时和尼克一起
And you were with Nick here.
-在理发店 -不用 谢谢
– At the barbershop. – No, thank you.
没错
That’s right.
我认识你的妻子
See, I know your wife.
是吗
That so?
是的
Yes.
盖茨比先生
Mr. Gatsby, sir.
-斯莱格尔先生来了 -现在不行
– Mr. Slagle is here. – Not now. Not now.
吉他演奏
And Guitars with:
狐步舞曲
“The Foxtrot.”
布坎南先生
Mr. Buchanan.
希望您不介意
Would you mind terribly?
当然不介意
Of course not.
我想我可以自娱自乐
I think I can keep myself amused.
给您记下别人家地址
In case you need to take down any addresses.
请让一让 劳驾
Please move aside. Excuse me.
又一个绝妙的派对 杰
Another swell party, Jay.
小心蛇蝎美人 麦克勒南先生
Be careful for the snake charmer, Mr. McLennehan.
这都是按你自己的想象建造的吗
Is all this made entirely from your own imagination?

No.
你一直都在其中
You see, you were there all along,
我的每一个念头
in every idea,
每一个抉择
in every decision.
当然 如果有什么不合你的意
Of course, if anything is not to your liking
我就把它改了
I’ll change it.
很完美
It’s perfect.
出自你完美的 不可抗拒的想象力
From your perfect irresistible imagination.
我想知道他到底在哪儿认识黛西的
I wonder where the devil he met Daisy.
-我一会儿来找你 -好的
– I’ll find you. – All right.
跟我来
Come with me.
借过 劳驾
Coming through, please.
不好意思
Pardon me.
谢谢
Thank you.
有一个男人 有一个男人
There’s a man. There’s a man.
看见我老婆了吗
Have you seen my wife?
没有
No.
有一会儿没见她了
Not for a while.
威士忌
Whiskey.
真奇怪 议员刚刚看到她在这里
It’s funny, the senator just saw her down here.
真希望我们可以远走高飞
I wish we could just run away.
远走高飞
Run away?

No.
黛西 亲爱的 那样
Daisy, darling, that,
那样不光彩
that wouldn’t be respectable.
你住在这附近吗 尼克
You live around here, Nick?
就在隔壁
Just next door.
是吗
Is that so?
我们就住在这里
We’re gonna live here
在这个房♥子里
in this house.
就你和我
You and me.
亲爱的
Darling
是时候告诉汤姆了
it’s time to tell Tom.
别这样 伙计们
Come on, boys.
让开
Scram!
晚安 先生们
Good night, gentlemen.
好一场马戏表演
What a circus.
好吧
Well
如果你看到她
if you see her
告诉她
I’ll be looking for her.
我在找她
You tell her.
还记得我们一起的快乐时光吗
Remember how much fun we had?
再来一次有什么不好的呢
I don’t know why we can’t just have fun like that again.
有人吗
Hello?
嗨 尼克
Hello, Nicky.
我们在吵架
We’re having a row.
-吵什么 -吵
– What about? – About…

…things.
关于未来
About the future.
这个纸醉金迷
The future of…
帝国的未来
…the colored empires.
汤姆
It’s Tom.
-正在满派对找 -先生
– He’s wandering around the party looking– – Sir.
盖茨比先生
Mr. Gatsby, sir.
斯莱格尔先生情绪很激动
It’s Mr. Slagle. He’s quite emotional.
失陪
Excuse me.
尼克 陪陪黛西
Nick. Would you mind terribly?
当然
Of course.
盖茨比离开
Gatsby disappeared
去处理一些争执
to deal with a dispute of some sort.
黛西一直等着
Daisy waited
但是盖茨比没能回来
but Gatsby was unable to return.
这里的人都爱冲动 我只相信你
With these hot-headed types in here, I rely on you.
但你没空 所以才闹出那事
But you were not available. A scene was made.
你到底怎么了 杰
What’s going on with you, Jay?
你去哪了
Where were you?
和尼克在一起 盖茨比先生带我们转转
With Nicky. Mr. Gatsby was showing us the grounds.
他肯定费了好大劲儿
He certainly must have…
搞这动物园样的聚会
…strained himself to get this menagerie together.
我想知道他是谁 他想干什么
I’d like to know who he is and what he does.
不要问我为什么 肯定能找到理由
And I think I’ll make a point of finding out.
忠贞不渝[拉丁文]
-我不确定 问厨房♥里的人 -靠左
– I’m not sure. Ask them in the kitchen. – To the left.

Yeah
把这些堆车♥库♥里 送进城
we’ll pile that stuff in the garage, it’s going back to town.

Well
你在这 黛西刚走
there you are. Daisy just left.
她让我告诉你
She asked me to tell you
她过得很愉快
she had a wonderful time.
她不喜欢
She didn’t like it.
她当然喜欢
Of course she did.
不不不
No, no, no.
她不喜欢 她玩得不开心
No, she didn’t like it. She did not have a good time.
我现在觉得
I feel so far
离她很远
away from her now.
很难使她理解

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!