It’s so hard to make her understand.
你是说舞会吗
You mean about the party?
舞会
The party?
我根本不关心什么舞会
I couldn’t care less about the parties.
舞会结束了 先生们
That’ll be all for now, gentlemen.
-谢谢 -谢谢 先生
– Thank you. – Thank you, sir.
你瞧
You see
她得去告诉汤姆她没爱过他
she has to tell Tom that she never loved him.
什么
What?
是的
Yes.
然后我们就回路易斯维尔 她父母家
Then we can go back to Louisville to her parents’ house.
她父母很友善 老伙计
Her parents are lovely people, old sport. We’ll be
我们就在那结婚
married there.
你看
See…
我和黛西会重新开始
See, Daisy and I are gonna
就像五年前那样
start over just as if it were five years ago.
我不能对她要求太多
I wouldn’t ask too much of her.
要求太多
Wouldn’t ask too much?

No.
抱歉 老伙计 我很
I beg your pardon, old sport. It’s just–
我很难过 因为很难使她
It’s so sad, because it’s so hard to make her
理解
understand.
很难使她理解
It’s so hard to make her understand.
我为她建造了这一切
I’ve gotten all these things for her,
现在她居然想逃离
and now she just wants to run away.
她甚至想
She even wants
-逃离这些 -杰
– to leave that. – Jay.
你不能重复过去
You can’t repeat the past.
不能重复过去
Can’t repeat the past?

No.
为什么 你当然能
Why, of course you can.
你当然能
Of course you can.
我要把这些
I’m gonna fix things
修复得和过去一样
just the way they were before.
从那以后 一切都变得不对劲 我
Everything’s been so confused since then. I
他滔滔不绝大谈往事
He talked a lot about the past
好似想要恢复什么
as if he wanted to recover something.
如果我能回到起点
If I could just get back to the start,
如果我能回到起点
if I could just get back to the start
我能再次发现它
I could find it again.
他深爱着黛西的
Some vision
一些记忆
of himself that he had put into loving Daisy.
五年前 路易斯维尔的一个夜晚
One night in Louisville, five years ago
阴差阳错 盖茨比去了黛西家
Gatsby found himself at Daisy’s house by colossal accident.
我去她家
I went to her house
是和泰勒营的其他军官一起去的
first with some of the officers from Camp Taylor.
我从未到过如此漂亮的房♥子
I’d never been in such a beautiful house.
一起跳下一支舞可以吗
May I save the next dance?
他的制♥服♥掩藏着
His uniform hid
一个事实
the truth that he was
他是个只有
a penniless young man
雄心壮志的
with only that
穷小子
grand vision of himself.
-黛西 别走 -我没有 母亲
– Daisy, don’t scamper. – I was not, Mother.
这么多意气风发的年轻军官在这儿
So many dashing young officers here.
而且他们家世显赫
And from such illustrious families.
我知道我能往上爬
I always knew that I could climb.
但只能
But I could only climb
独自往上爬
if I climbed alone.
我知道
I knew
当我吻
that when I
这个姑娘的时候
kissed this girl
我就和她
I would be
永结连理了
forever wed to her.
于是我停下来
So I stopped.
我停下来
I stopped and I
等待
I waited.
等待了
I waited
一会儿
for a moment longer.
他知道
He knew
他的心灵再也不会像上帝的心灵一样
his mind would never again be free to romp like…
自♥由♥驰骋了
the mind of God.
坠入爱河
That falling in love
永远地改变了他的
would change his destiny
命运
forever.
然后我就放任了自己
And then I just let myself go.
她像花一样为他绽放
She blossomed for him like a flower
他们水乳♥交♥融
and the incarnation was complete.
我知道我这样的男人坠入爱河是天大的错
I knew it was a great mistake for a man like me to fall in love.
我才32岁 如果我能忘记失去过黛西
I’m only 32. I might still
我仍然可以成为一个了不起的人
be a great man if I could forget that I once
但是
lost Daisy, but
我的人生 老伙计 我的人生
my life, old sport, my life
我的人生必须这样
My life has got to be like this.
必须这么做
It’s got to keep going up.
她得去找汤姆
She has to go to Tom
告诉他 她从未爱过他
and tell him that she never loved him.
我得给她多一点时间 老伙计
I just need to give her more time, old sport.
多一点时间
More time.
别担心 老伙计 别担心
Don’t worry, old sport. Don’t worry.
在这儿我能保护她
I can protect her here.
晚安 老伙计
Good night, old sport.
我能回到过去 老伙计
You’re wrong about the past, old sport.
你错了
You’re wrong.
从我邻居家里传来的音乐
There had been music from my neighbor’s
持续了整个夏天
all summer.
在他的蓝色花♥园♥里 男男女♥女♥如飞蛾扑火般
In his blue gardens, men and girls came and went like moths
在星空下窃窃私语着 欢笑着
among the whisperings and the laughter and the stars.
早餐来了
Breakfast.
好的
Yes.
多谢 多谢
Thank you, thank you.
欢笑
Laughter.
多谢
Thank you.
不 是在星空下窃窃私语 喝着香槟
No. The whisperings and the champagne and the stars.
但是
But
派对宫殿暗夜到来
汤姆和黛西的来访之后
after Tom and Daisy’s visit
盖茨比家的灯一盏一盏的熄了
Gatsby’s lights went out one by one.
没有聚会了
There were no more parties.
黛西悄悄前来
Daisy visited discreetly.
杰·盖茨比这响亮的名头
For the very same fame that had all summer
虽曾让他满足
been a source of satisfaction to Jay Gatsby
现在却也成了威胁
had become a threat.
那神秘的女人是谁
我不想回家
I don’t wanna go home.
我听说你辞退了所有佣人
I hear you fired all your servants.
黛西有时下午来
Daisy comes over sometimes in the afternoon.
我希望人们在我们决定怎么做之前
I wanted people who wouldn’t
不要说长道短
gossip until we decide what we’re going to do.
周边这些市镇
You see, these towns
非常紧密 老伙计
are very close together, old sport
上报纸很正常
and, well, it gets in the papers, you understand.
那些都是沃尔夫山姆想帮忙的人
They’re all people Wolfshiem wanted to do something for.
只要他们会做饭会铺床叠被
What’s the difference as long as they can cook
又有什么区别呢 是吧
and make beds, right?
尼克
Nick
黛西准备好了 她准备好了
Daisy’s ready. She’s ready.
还有一件事
There’s just one thing.
她想邀请你和贝克小姐
She’s requested that you and
明天去她家吃午饭
Miss Baker be there for lunch tomorrow at her house.
你会来吗 老伙计
Will you come, old sport?
黛西需要你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!