I’ll make you a drink, Tom.
这样你就不会显得这么蠢
Then you won’t seem so stupid to yourself.
等等
Wait a minute.
我还要问盖茨比先生一个问题
I want to ask Mr. Gatsby one more question.
请便 布坎南先生
Oh, please, please, go on, Mr. Buchanan. Go on.
你想在我家闹多大的事
What kind of a row are you trying to cause in my house anyhow?
他没有闹事 是你在闹事
He isn’t causing a row, you’re causing a row.
管好你自己吧
Please have a little self-control.
管好我自己
Self-control?
是不是现在流行装聋作哑
Oh, I suppose the latest thing is to sit back
任由不知道从哪出来的阿猫阿狗
and let Mr. Nobody From Nowhere
跟你老婆上♥床♥
make love to your wife.
你要是想谈这个 那我失陪了
Well, if that’s the idea you can count me out.
开始人们对家庭生活和家庭制度
See, nowadays people begin by sneering
嗤之以鼻
at family life and family institutions
接下来他们就该把所有传统抛之脑后
and the next you’ll know, we’ll throw everything overboard,
要黑白通婚了
we’ll have intermarriage between black and white!
你老婆并不爱你
Your wife doesn’t love you.
她从来没爱过你
She never loved you.
她爱的是我
You see, she loves me.
你疯了吧
You must be crazy.
没有 老伙计
No, old sport.
她从没爱过你
No, you see, she never loved you.
她嫁给你只是因为我很穷
She only married you because I was poor
而她等不下去了
and she was tired of waiting.
嫁给你是个大错误 可在她心中
It was a terrible terrible mistake, but in her heart,
她从未爱过别人
in her heart, she never loved anyone but me.
-我们走吧 -都回家吧
– We should go. – Let’s all go home.
黛西 坐下
Sit down, Daisy!
别这样 坐下好吗
Please. Please, take a seat.
坐吧 黛西
Go on, Daisy.
黛西 这是怎么回事
Daisy, what’s been going on?
-我要听来龙去脉 -我告诉过你了
– I want to hear about it. – I told you what’s going on.
我们之间已经五年了
It’s been going on for five years.
你和这家伙交往五年了
You’ve been seeing him for five years?
不 没有交往 我们见不了面
No, no, no, not seeing. Not seeing, we couldn’t.
但这五年我们一直深爱着对方
But both of us loved each other all that time. Didn’t we?
就这呀
Oh, that’s all.
你真是疯了
You’re crazy!
我说不好五年前的事
I can’t speak about what happened five years ago
因为那时我还不认识黛西
because I didn’t know Daisy then.
我也想不通你是怎么接近她的
And I’ll be damned if I see how you got within a mile of her
除非你是杂货店送货的
unless you brought the groceries to the back door.
至于你其它的话都是扯淡
But all the rest of that is a goddamn lie.
黛西嫁给我时就爱着我
Daisy loved me when she married me,
现在也是
and she loves me now.
不 很抱歉 布坎南先生
No. No. I’m sorry, Mr. Buchanan.
-她不爱你 -她爱我
– No. – She does! She does, though.
她仍然爱我
No, she does, though.
她爱我 而我也爱着她
She does. And what’s more, I love Daisy too.
我爱你 黛西
No. I love you, Daisy.
有时我会做些荒唐事 可我总会回头
Now, once in a while I go off on a spree. I always come back.
-荒唐事 -我心底里一直爱着她
– A spree. – And in my heart I love her all the time.
你真令人作呕
You’re revolting.
知道我们为什么离开芝加哥吗
You know why we left Chicago?
他们竟然没有告诉你
I’m surprised they didn’t treat you
他干的那点儿荒唐事
to the story of that little spree!
那一切都结束了 黛西
That’s all over now, Daisy, darling. That’s all over.
告诉他实情
Just tell him the truth. Go on.
告诉他你从未爱过他
That you never loved him
过去的一切就一笔勾销了
and this will all be wiped out forever.
我怎么可能爱他
How could I love him possibly?
别忘了咱们的计划
Remember our plans.
告诉他你从未爱过他
You tell him that you never loved him
所有这些痛苦就成为过眼云烟了
and all this pain will be wiped out forever.
黛西
Daisy.
黛西 告诉他
Daisy, tell him.
我从没爱过他
I never loved him.
从没有吗
Never?
-没有 -没有
– No. – No.
在夏威夷凯皮奥兰尼也没有吗
Not at Kapiolani?
我怕你打湿鞋 把你从游艇上抱下来
Not that day I carried you down from the Punch Bowl
你也没爱过我吗
to keep your shoes dry?
没有过吗
Never?
请别说了
Please don’t.
黛西
Daisy.

There, Jay.
你的要求太过分了
You want too much.
我现在爱你 难道这还不够吗
I love you now. Isn’t that enough?
过去的事我无法挽回
I can’t help what’s past.
我确实曾经爱过他 但我也爱过你啊
I did love him once, but I loved you too.
你也爱过我
You loved me too?
你也爱我
You loved me…?
连这也是谎话
Even that is a lie!
她根本不知道你还活着
She didn’t know you were alive!
黛西和我之间有些事
There are things between Daisy and me, Gatsby,
你永远也不会知道
that you’ll never know.
我们两个永远也不会忘记
Things that neither of us can ever forget.
我要单独和黛西谈谈
I need to speak to Daisy alone.
她被你弄得太激动了 老伙计
You see, you’ve got her all excited now, don’t you, old sport?
黛西
Daisy.
就算单独谈我也不能说从未爱过汤姆
Even alone I can’t say I never loved Tom.
那不是真心话
It wouldn’t be true.
-什么 -当然不是真心话
– What? – Of course it wouldn’t.
-好像你还在乎似的 -当然在乎了
– As if it mattered to you. – Of course it matters!
从今天起我要更好的照顾你
I’m gonna take better care of you from now on.
你没机会再照顾她了 她要离开你了
You’re not taking care of Daisy anymore. She’s leaving you.
胡扯
Nonsense!
-我的确要离开你 -别 别
– I am, though! – No, no, no.
她不会离开我的
She is not leaving me.
肯定不会为了像你这样的江湖骗子离开我
Certainly not for a common swindler like you.
盖茨比先生 你到底是谁
Mr. Gatsby, exactly who are you, anyhow?
我调查了一下你
I made an investigation into your affairs.
你是跟迈耶·沃尔夫山姆一起的
You’re one of Meyer Wolfshiem’s bunch.
求你了 咱们回家吧
Please, let’s go home.
他和沃尔夫山姆这家伙买♥♥下了很多杂货店
See, he and this Wolfshiem, they bought up drugstores.
暗地里贩卖♥♥私酒
And sold bootlegged alcohol over the counter.
那又怎样呢 老伙计
What about it, old sport?
别叫我老伙计
Don’t you call me “Old sport.”
这杂货店生意还只是
And this drugstore business is just small change
他和沃尔夫山姆耍的
compared to this bonds stunt
许多小把戏之一呢
that you and Wolfshiem have got going.
你的朋友沃尔特·切斯可不觉得和我们合伙丢人
Your friend Walter Chase isn’t too proud to come in?
我想过这个问题
I gave that some thought.
像沃尔特·切斯这样久负盛名的银行家
How does a reputable banker like Walter Chase
是怎样欠沃尔夫山姆这样的小卒
find himselfup to his eyeballs in debt.
-我来告诉你 -一屁♥股♥债的呢
– I’ll tell you. – to a little kike like Wolfshiem?
-因为贪婪 老伙计 -没错
– It’s called greed, old sport. – That’s right!
你还把半个华尔街的人都请到
And you have half of Wall Street out there swilling your
你每个周末的免费酒会上
free booze at that fun park every weekend.
他竟然没想拉你下水吗
I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to drag you in.
天哪 他还真这么干了
My God, he has.
他跟这没关系…
He’s got nothing to do with…
跟你花天酒地的生活吗
With your little racket.
黛西
Daisy.
黛西
Daisy.
这个人有大房♥子 酒会和光鲜的衣服
Can’t you see who this guy is
你就看不清他的真面目了吗
with his house and his parties and his fancy clothes?
他只不过是沃尔夫山姆的马前卒
He is just a front for Wolfshiem,
引诱沃尔特·切斯这样的上流人士上钩的小弟
a gangster to get his claws into respectable folk like Walter Chase.
老伙计 你身上唯一上流的东西是你的钱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!