门开了他还不走吗
A door opens and he doesn’t leave?
他困在地狱了 这是暗喻存在
He’s trapped in hell. It’s a metaphor for existence.
我外婆痛恨明尼苏达 她就离开了
My nana hated Minnesota. She left.
你外婆不是20世纪的大思想家
Your nana wasn’t one of the great thinkers of the 20th century.
我外婆也没被困在地狱
My nana’s not trapped in hell either.
你去哪里
Where are you going?
曼斯基磕了什么药
The hell’s got into Munsky?
赫本
1940年凯瑟琳·赫本主演《费城故事》
你就像只可远观 不可亵玩的王后
You’re like some marvelous, distant, well, queen, I guess.
你是冷艳的佳人
You’re so cool and fine.
我不想被崇拜 只想被爱
I don’t want to be worshiped, I want to be loved.
《费城故事》的重点在于它是请求宽容
Key thing about The Philadelphia Story is it’s a plea for tolerance.
听我说 我要叫它香肠塔可 想尝尝吗
Check this out. I’m calling it taco sausage. Do you want a bite?
不了 所以说宽容
No. So tolerance…
双手捧食 一口绝佳美味
Two hand foods, one great taste.
对话课
对话就像乒乓球
Conversation is like ping-pong.
我朝你打一球 然后你
I hit one and then you…
搞什么
What the…
侦察
恐怖电影节
存在主义 赫本
对话课 侦察
对手研究
红脸白脸
嫌疑犯
我们要写大家最尊敬的学生的简介
We’re writing a profile on the student we most admire.
挺好
Cool, cool.
-你怎么看上班女性 -艾丝特喜欢瘦肉吗
– Views on women in the workplace? – Does Aster like lean meats?
-你干什么 -你干什么
– What are you doing? – What are you doing?
-我扮红脸 -你要是红脸 怎么不笑
– I’m good cop. – If you’re good cop, how come you aren’t smiling?
你要是按着我的计划来 我就会笑
I’ll smile when you follow the plan that I carefully–
我很惊讶 竟然没别的孩子来采访我
I’m surprised more kids haven’t asked to interview me.
我要上了 我要笑着上
I’m going in. I’m going in with my smile.
食物
肉类都吃
讨厌葡萄干
看来驼鹿队有空档
Looks like The Moose have a man open.
你不饿吗
You’re not hungry?
除非到饭点了
Not if it’s not time to eat.
那真奇怪
Now that’s weird.
我能问你个问题吗
Hey, uh, can I ask you a question?
我不想吃香肠塔可
I don’t want to try a taco sausage.
为什么待在斯夸哈米什
Why Squahamish?
只是 我感觉你♥爸♥过得不开心
Just, like, your dad seems so unhappy here
你似乎也不怎么开心
and you also seem kind of unhappy.
-我走了 -别走 等会
– I gotta go. – No, no, no, wait.
你根本就没认真对待
No, you’re not taking this seriously.
我还有一堆事情要做
I have a ton of work I have to do.
不 你很聪明 聪明得…
No, just, you’re so smart. Like, too smart to, like–
浪费时间帮你追一个看都不看你的女孩
Waste my time trying to win you a girl who’ll never look your way?
-不 只是有点奇怪 -你才奇怪
– No, it just seems weird. – You’re weird!
不…也对
No– Yes.
-好好享受在斯夸哈米什的幸福生活吧 -别走
– Enjoy your happy life in Squahamish. – No, no…
你说的《无处可逃》就像
The thing about No Exit is it’s like
我现在很想开一家自己的店
how what I really want is to run my own shop,
用新的配方 而且香肠塔可真的很好吃
with new recipes. And– And FYI, taco sausage is really effing good.
但我是家里第四个儿子
Okay, but I’m the fourth son
而同样的香肠我家已经做了49年
and my family’s been making the same sausage for 49 years
就算他们破产或过时都没关系
and it doesn’t matter if they’re going broke, or out of style,
因为那是外婆的食谱
they’re Nana’s recipes.
我妈失去了外婆 但至少还能做出她的香肠
If Ma can’t have Nana, at least she can make her sausages.
如果我改配方 她就会伤心
If I break away, it’ll break her heart.
所以我们总有一人得作出牺牲
And it’s either her heart or mine.
所以我留了下来
So I stay.
我们得去一个我爸能找到工作的地方
We had to go where my dad could get a job.
他研究火车吗
He studied trains?
工程学
Engineering.
博士 如假包换
PhD, no less.
所以
So,
他才成了斯夸哈米什的车站管♥理♥员♥
he became the station manager at Squahamish.
只是个开始
To start.
原本的计划是能提升到系统工程师
The plan was to be promoted to system engineer.
或任何工程师都行
Or anything engineer.
斯夸哈米什只是个跳板
Squahamish was a jumping-off point.
事实证明说一口流利的英语胜过拥有博士学位
It turns out speaking good English trumps having a PhD.
或者说是中国的博士
Or one from China anyway.
而我父亲他
And my dad, he–
说得不是很好
Doesn’t speak very good.
-他也不差 -我也说得不好
– He’s not bad. – I don’t speak very good either.
确实
True.
你又有什么理由
What’s your excuse?
你觉得炖肉怎么样
How do you feel about pot roast?
我应该回车站去了
I should get back to the station.
我知道 但我们总得吃点东西吧
I know, but we’ve gotta eat.

Mom!
汤米 别撩我的朋友
Tommy, stop friending my friends!
你是想好好发表意见
Would you like to weigh in on that
还是这顿饭你要一直叫唤
or are you just gonna scream throughout the meal?
我会对付那个跟屁虫的
I’ll deal with the dog wrestling.
-妈 -是你的错
– Mom! – It’s your fault!
要不去你家
Or we could go to your place?
电影《城市之光》
集中精神 画好每一笔
Match energy, match strokes,
每次只说一件事
and just say one thing.
你在哪里出生的
Where were you born?
在斯夸哈米什
In Squahamish.
你呢
What about you?
挺好的 也没那么难嘛
Okay. Good. That wasn’t so hard.
但你还没回答我
But where were you born?
我不需要对话练习
I don’t need talking practice.
只是这对话好像有点短
It just seems like a really short conversation.
我出生于中国徐州
I was born in Xuzhou, China.
你什么时候来到这里的
When did you come here?
五岁
When I was five.
你喜欢斯夸哈米什的什么
What do you like about Squahamish?
我没去过别的地方
I’ve never been anywhere else.
我也没有
Me neither.
撒旦是如何传达他的讯息的
How does Satan get his message through?
城外有那些犬类 行邪术的 淫乱的
Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the immoral persons.
是靠写信吗
Does he write letters?
不 他只是让我们质疑
No, he causes us to question.
质疑人生 质疑我们的选择
Question our lives, our path.
迪加·里韦罗
你觉得尚利神父知道周围在发生什么吗
以及我们对上帝的信念
Our very faith in God.
撒旦种下了怀疑的种子…
Satan plants the seed of doubt…
生根发芽 长出了原罪
…and, from that seed, grows sin.
史密斯·科罗纳
我觉得尚利神父”无所不知”
原罪无处不在
Sin is everywhere.
我们很幸运能生活在斯夸哈米什
We’re lucky to live in a good town like Squahamish.
但世界变化不停
But the world is changing.
让我们抵抗住撒旦的召唤
Let us stay strong against Satan’s call,
以免原罪潜入
lest sin creep in
破坏了上帝赐予我们的美好生活
and destroy the good life God has prepared for us.
你知道终于能遇见懂你的同龄人是什么感觉吗
You know what it’s like to finally meet someone your age who gets you?
你知道还能在什么地方遇见懂你的同龄人吗
You know where else you can meet people your age who get you?
大学
College.
你应该发一些表情
You should send some emojis.
我才不发什么表情
I’m not sending her emojis.
试试菠萝 猫头鹰 戴眼镜的毛毛虫
Do pineapple, owl, caterpillar with glasses.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
根本没有意义
That doesn’t mean anything.
眼镜能让毛毛虫看起来聪明一点
Glasses make the caterpillar look smart.
最喜欢的食物
Favorite food?
卤肉饭 你呢
Braised pork over rice. Yours?
-香肠塔可 -香肠塔可
– Taco sausage. – Taco sausage.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!