To His Royal Presidency of the United States in America…
“亚不拉汗·林肯”…
“Abrahom Lingkong”…
诸如此类 你修饰一下吧
et cetera. You fix up.
我们觉得…
It has occurred to us…
要知道 我们觉得…
You see, it has occurred to us…
我们觉得如果能够给你们…
it has occurred to us that if we shall be sending you several pairs
数对小公象…
of young male elephants
以弥补美国森林中大象的损失…
to be turned loose in forests of America…
美国
A-mer-i-ca.
我们相信…
We are of opinion
不久之后 美国大象的数量就能回升
that after a while they shall increase in number.
-美国的居民… -国王陛下
-And inhabitants of America shall… -Your Majesty.
怎么了
Well?
你是说数对公象
I don’t think you mean pairs of male elephants.
我写信的时候你怎么能打断我
How can I make letter if you interrupt?
美国的居民就可以驯服 并捕捉大象…
And inhabitants of America shall be able to catch and tame them
用它们来负重
and use them as beasts of burden.
只给公象吗 陛下
Only male elephants, Your Majesty?
你写详细一点
You put in the details.
晚安
Good night.
摩西
Moses.
林肯
Lincoln!
大象
Elephants!
临晨两点还要跪在地板上
Groveling on the floor at 2:00 in the morning.
我是伦山
I am Lun Tha.
你是家庭教师安娜夫人吗
You are Mrs. Anna, schoolteacher?
你怎么在这…
Yes, but you shouldn’t be…
我必须再跟土普提见一面 求你了
I must meet with Tuptim again. Please!
你跟她在这里见面
You have been seeing her here?
我们见过两次了
Twice we have spoken.
见面越来越困难了
Each time it becomes more difficult.
她说你能帮我们
She has said you will help us.
不行啊 我帮不上
Oh, no, I couldn’t!
太危险了
It’s much too dangerous.
我是说对你和土普提太危险了
Not for me, but for Tuptim and you.
他们要发现你在后宫出没 你就没命了 快点走
You’ll be killed if they find you in the City of Women. You must leave!
空虚的人生比死亡还恐怖 求你了 安娜女士
Death is not worse pain than empty life. Please, Mrs. Anna.
对不起 伦山
I’m sorry, Lun Tha.
我帮不上你
There’s nothing I can do.
你在那等等
Wait there.
土普提
Tuptim.
伦山
Oh, Lun Tha.
我们这样见面还不够
Seeing you this way is not enough.
我们没其他办法了
There is nothing we can do.
我受到很严密的监视
I am watched too closely.
我们要一直这样隐藏爱意
Must we go on forever hiding our love like this?
我们在阴影下亲吻
We kiss in a shadow
我们藏在月光下
We hide from the moon,
我们的会面短暂而又…
Our meetings are few
屈指可数
and over too soon.
我们窃窃私语…
We speak in a whisper,
害怕被人听见
Afraid to be heard;
当有人靠近时…
When people are near,
我们一言不发
We speak not a word.
分开时 我们严守秘密
Alone in our secret,
相聚时 我们叹息不已…
Together we sigh
希望欢乐自♥由♥的一天…
for one smiling day
能够来临
to be free,
我们在阳光下亲吻
To kiss in the sunlight,
对着天空发誓…
And say to the sky:
亲眼目睹并体会…
Behold and believe
所见的一切
what you see!
亲眼目睹…
Behold
我的恋人…
how my lover
怎样表达对我的爱
loves me!
我们什么时候能在一起 土普提
When will we be together, Tuptim?
什么时候
When?
永远都不可能的 伦山
It can never be, Lun Tha.
永远
Not ever.
我们在阳光下亲吻
To kiss in the sunlight
对着天空发誓…
And say to the sky:
亲眼目睹并体会…
Behold and believe
所见的一切
What you see!
亲眼目睹…
Behold
我的恋人…
how my lover
怎样表达对我的爱
loves me!
你该走了
You must go now.
我失踪后 他们会四处找我
I will be missed, and they will start searching for me.
我回来后 就带你走
When I return, it will be to take you from here.
没有办法的 伦山
There is no way, Lun Tha.
那边有河有船
There is a river. There are boats.
我能想出主意的
I will find a way.
如果真那样就好了
Oh, if it could only be.
一定行的 我发誓
It will be. I swear this.
一切准备好后 我会给你口信
When all is arranged, I will get word to you.
我会祈祷的 伦山
I shall pray, Lun Tha.
如果你在路上看到这样一朵 折断的芙蓉花…
If you see a chaba flower in your path, broken like this,
就是我回来的口信 你要留意
it will be the sign that I have come for you. Watch for it.
我会准备好的
I will be ready.
停下来
Stop, stop, stop!
-国王陛下 -怎么了
-Your Majesty. -What, what, what?
怎么了
Well?
当暹罗最富饶的省被法国侵占时…
When Siam’s richest province was stolen by France,
我警告说西方 已经开始背信弃义了
I warned it was only beginning of Western treachery.
如果我们的敌人都这样背信弃义…
If enemies of ours, with lies such as this
英国人就会认为国王你昏庸无能…
can convince British that you are unfit to be ruler of Siam,
我们的领海就会布满贪婪的侵略者
our seas will soon be thick with ships, greedy for conquest.
终于还是来了
So it has finally come.
我们得尽快回应
We must act quickly.
怎么回应 在哪回应
But how? Where?
我得想想
I must think.
显然要以科学的态度回应
Clearly. Scientifically.
我得想想
I must think.
我都不能集中精力怎么想啊
But how can I think while being driven out of mind!
它有着来自天堂的魔力…
A charm from the skies
为我们抹上神圣的光彩
Seems to hallow us there
我们找寻整个世界…
Which seek through the world,
在其他地方也难觅其踪
ls ne’er met with elsewhere.
真棒 非常好
That was splendid. Very effective.
现在…
Now…
-早上好 -你就这样为国王上课
-Good morning. -You think you teach king lesson!
我可没花钱让你这样教课
This is one lesson you do not be paid for teaching!
你不准再教我的 妻子和孩子们”可爱的家”…
You will stop instructing wives and children in “Home Sweet House”
来提醒我没有遵守那个莫须有的诺言
in order to remind me of breaking promises I never make, et cetera.
陛下 我可不想让我的儿子在后宫长大
Your Majesty, I do not intend to have my boy brought up in a harem.
你答应过给我房♥子”一栋皇宫旁边的砖瓦房♥”
You did promise me a house. “A brick residence adjoining the palace.”
-你是这样说的 -我不记得我这样说过
-Those were your very words. -I do not remember such words!
-我记得 -记不记得我知道
-I remember them. -I will do remembering!
到底谁才是国王
Who is king here?
我记得你才记得 我不记得许下任何诺言
I remind you so you remember that. I do not remember any promises.
除了你是我的仆人外 我什么都不记得
I do not remember anything except that you are my servant.
不是吧 国王陛下
Oh, no, Your Majesty.
什么
What, what, what?
我说 你是我的仆人
I said, you are my servant!
不 国王陛下 我当然不是你的仆人
No, Your Majesty, that is not true. I am most certainly not your servant!
如果你不把许诺过的房♥子给我…
If you do not give me the house you promised,
我就回英国去
I shall be forced to return to England.
别这样 安娜夫人
No! No! Please, Mrs. Anna.
别这样 我们相信老师的话
Please. We believe schoolteacher!
我相信有雪
I believe in snow!
别让她走

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!