– It’s coming, you know. – Huh?
是的 就要来了
Oh, yeah, it’s got to come.
首先是大城市…
First, the big cities…
接着 甚至连这小地方
then maybe even this.
是的 一定会来的
It’s just got to come.
但愿这一天来临时
I prefer to be
我已经在另一个不同的世界了
somewhere else when it does.
我会的
I will be.
这正是我找你来的原因
That’s what I need you for, Michael,
确保我不再出现
to see to it that I’m not around.
– 五千美元怎么样? – 你说什么?
– How would you like $5, 000? – What?
没错 小伙子 五千美元
That’s what I said, $5, 000, fella.
你要我做什么?
What do I have to do for it?
以后我会详细地告诉你 麦克 你仔细考虑考虑
I’ll fill in the details later. Meanwhile, think it over, Michael.
五千美元
$5, 000.
全都是你的 你所要做的是去杀一个人
It’s yours. All you have to do is kill somebody.
谁 格瑞斯比先生?
Who, Mr. Grisby?
我很在意自己要杀的人是谁
I’m particular who I murder.
很好
Good boy!
你知道 我绝不会随便乱杀人的
You know, I wouldn’t like to kill just anybody.
我认识这个人吗?
Is it somebody I know?
哦 当然认识 但你绝对猜不出来
Yeah. But you’ll never guess.
别兜圈子了
I give up
是我
It’s me.
我非常清醒 麦克
I’m perfectly sober, Michael.
如果你干得漂亮的话 我愿意付给你五千美金
I’m willing to pay $5, 000 if the job is well done.
我已经把话说的再明白不过了
This is a straightforward business proposition.
我要你杀了我
I want you to kill me.
就是这样 伙计
So long, fella.
埃尔莎
Elsa!
– 麦克 – 怎么啦?
– Michael. – Yes?
– 昨天你跟乔治谈过了? – 是的
– You talked to George yesterday. – I did.
他有没有提到我们?
Did he say anything about us?
他担心世界毁灭
He’s afraid the world’s going to explode.
他说他要自杀
He talked about suicide.
有时候我也常常会有这样的念头
I’ve thought of that sometimes.
自杀?
Suicide?
你觉得我们不应该有这种念头 对吗 麦克?
Do you think it’s wrong, Michael?
我不知道
I don’t know.
那么 在迫不得已的情况下你会不会这样做?
Would you kill yourself if you had to?
我不知道
I don’t know.
– 好几次 我看着哪些药丸…- 药丸?
– I’ve looked at those pills so many times. – Pills?
我丈夫吃的止痛药
The ones my husband takes to kill the pain…
我想 是不是服下足够量以后
and wondered if enough of them
我就能够从自己的痛苦中彻底解脱
would kill my pain.
活着的痛苦?
The pain of just being alive?
格瑞斯比 先生想要摆脱这种痛苦
Mr. Grisby wants to be cured of that pain.
他要我帮他
He wants me to cure him.
格瑞斯比先生要我♥干♥掉 格瑞斯比先生
Mr. Grisby wants me to kill Mr. Grisby.
我想他一定是疯了
I’m sure he’s out of his mind.
他是个疯子 亚瑟也神智不清
He’s not sane. Neither is Arthur.
亚瑟能照顾自己
Your husband can take care of himself.
– 你要做什么? – 好美的月色啊
– What do you want? – Beautiful moon.
今晚真美 不是吗 欧哈瑞先生?
Nice night for it… Aingt it, Mr. O’Hara?
你还没回答我呢 欧哈瑞先生
You didn’t answer me, Mr. O’Hara.
我问你的时候 你要回答
You ought to speak when you’re spoken to.
我可不想把你丑事张扬出去
I’d hate to have to report you
让这位夫人的丈夫知道
to the lady’s husband.
我说 这是一个非常不错的夜晚
I said it’s a nice night for it.
陪我跳支舞好吗?
Would you care to dance with me?
别哭了
Stop crying.
这会让我很难受
I can’t stand for you to cry.
你知道布鲁姆是干什么的吗?
Do you know what Broome’s been doing?
侦探 专门监视你
Spying. Spying on you.
我要带你离开这里 远离这些监视
Sure, I’m going to take you where there aren’t any spies.
去哪里?
Michael, where?
走得远远的 遥远的地方
Along way off, some one of the far places.
遥远的地方?我们现在就在一个遥远的地方
Far place? We’re in one of them now.
逃跑时没有用的 我试过
Running away doesn’t work. I tried it.
一切都糟透了 麦克 一切
Everything’s bad, Michael. Everything.
你既无法逃脱也无力抗衡
You can’t escape it or fight it.
你必须面对它 去应付这一切 向它妥协
You’ve got to get along with it, deal with it, make terms.
你真傻 麦克 这么单纯 固执
You’re such a foolish knight errant, Michael.
尽管你身高体壮
You’re big and strong,
但你不知道 怎么保护自己
but you just don’t know… how to take care of yourself.
你又怎么能够保护我?
So how could you take care of me?
嗨 麦克
HI, Michael!
很抱歉打扰你们
If you’ll so pardon me this intrusion…
外面有几个警♥察♥
there’s a couple of police officers out here.
警♥察♥?
Cops?
我听不懂他们说的话
I don’t speak their language, see?
他们想要我确定一下这个家伙的身份
And they wants me to identify this guy.
“酒鬼”这个词用西班牙语怎么说?
What’s the Spanish for “drunken bum”?
十月初我们抵达旧金山
It was early October when we made San Francisco…
停泊在这座城市的一个小港湾内
and dropped anchor across the bay from the city, in Sausalito.
这真是一次非常有趣的旅行
It had been a most interesting cruise.
充满了新奇与刺♥激♥
All very rich and rare and strange.
但我无心欣赏这一切
But I had had no stomach for it.
首先 被诱惑的感觉时时折磨着你
To begin with, living on a hook takes away your appetite.
你对一切都毫无兴趣
You’ve no taste for any pleasure at all,
除了这件事 这件事一直困扰着你
but the one that’s burning in you.
但即使没有兴趣
But even without an appetite…
我还是得默默忍♥受这一切
I’d learned it’s quite amazing how much…
就连我自己都觉得奇怪
a fool like me can swallow.
麦克 当心点
Please, Michael, be careful.
汽车就在那边
The car’s down there.
班尼斯特先生正等着带你进城…
Mr. Bannister’s waiting to take you into the city…
去旧金山 但你不要跟他去
to San Francisco. But you’re not going with him.
跟我走吧
You’re going with me.
麦克
Michael
我可以保护你
You think I can’t take care of you…
你以为我会带你去一个荒岛
and I’d be after running off with you to an island
靠采野果和打猎度日
to eat berries and goat’s milk.
而我将不得不靠洗衣服来维持我们的生活
And I’d have to take in washing to support you.
孩子们 你们好
Hello, kiddies.
乔治来了
There’s George.
如果我们有五千美金作为开始 你觉得怎么样?
What would you say to $5, 000, to get us started?
伙计 我们去喝几杯怎么样?
We’ve got a date with a couple of beers, fella.
亚瑟正等着你呢
Arthur was asking for you.
他不知道你去哪儿了
He wondered where you’d gone.
我不会告诉他的
I won’t tell him.
你还没回答我的问题呢
You didn’t answer my question.
– 五千美元行吗? – 再见了 麦克
– $5, 000. – Goodbye, Michael.
这难道还不够我们重新开始生活吗?
Couldn’t we start on that?
有了五千美元你还用得着去洗衣服吗?
Would you have to take in washing on $5, 000?
请坐
Sit down.
我猜你一定在想我为什么要这么做
I suppose you’re wondering what’s behind my little proposition.
事实上 这并不管你的事
It’s none of your business,
但既然我们算是“共犯”
but since we’re what you call “partners in crime”…
我还是告诉你吧 我们公♥司♥给合伙人
I’ll tell you that the firm of Bannister & Grisby is insured…
买♥♥了人寿保险
against the death of either partner.
也就是说 如果我们中的一个死了
That means, if one of us dies
那么另一个将获得一大笔钱
the other stands to get a lot of money.
– 谢谢 别打扰我们 – 好的 先生
– Thanks. Now, leave us alone. – Yes, sir.
就像很多我们所认识的其他的人一样
Like some other people we both know,
我的婚姻生活并不美满
I’m not very happily married.
还有另外一个原因 坦白的说
And another thing, frankly…
当它们开始投炸♥弹♥的时候
I don’t want to be within 1, 000 miles of that city…
我可不想呆在方圆百里的任何一座城市
or any other city when they start dropping those bombs.
麦克 跟我们一块儿去城里吧?
Michael, there’s been a suggestion we drive you into town.
先来喝一杯怎么样?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!