Want a beer before you go?
我和班尼斯特夫人在车里等你
I’ll be waiting with Mrs. Bannister in the car.
最好还是到屋办公室去谈吧 今天晚上
Better meet me in my office. Make it late tonight.
– 谈什么? – 五千美金
– What for? – $5, 000.
这笔钱将会让一个水手和一个女孩
That ought to take a girl and a sailor
踏上一段愉快的旅程
on quite a nice little trip.
– 办公室见 – 很好
– I’ll meet you at your office. – Do.
我有一个文件等着你签
There’s a little paper I’d like you to sign.
其实 这也并不是什么大不了的事情
It’s nothing very binding or important, really…
仅仅是一份谋杀的招供而已
just a confession of murder.
为犯罪干杯
Here’s to crime!
她会在水族馆等你 九点钟 那时候人不多
She say, meet you at aquarium, 9:00, before many people there.
水族馆?
The aquarium?
如果你什么时候需要一个好律师的话
If you ever need a good lawyer, Michael,
记得来找我
let me know.
我 麦克·欧哈瑞
“I, Michael O’Hara…
为了让上帝
“in order to live in peace with my God,
饶恕我的罪过
do freely make the following confession.
我承认 在八月九日…也就是明天
“On the evening of August 9…” That’s tomorrow night, fella.
我开枪杀死了乔治·格瑞斯比…
“I shot and killed Mr. George Grisby…
把他的尸体丢进了索萨利托海湾
“placing his dead corpse in the Sausalito bay.”
等一下
Just a minute, sir.
我是不是要把你读的这些全写下来?
What you are reading there, am I suppose to have written it?
这是你的自供
It’s your confession.
对你来说 这五千美金真是得来全不费功夫
This is the easiest $5, 000 you’ll ever earn, fella.
那你干嘛不自己解决
Why don’t you do it yourself?
自杀?别傻啦
Commit suicide? Me? Don’t be silly.
自杀是犯法的
Suicide is against the law.
我们不能犯法
We’re not going to break the law.
这将是一桩谋杀案 并且是一桩合法的谋杀案
This is going to be murder, and it’s going to be legal.
我并不是真的想死 而是想要消失
I want to live, but I want to vanish.
我要离开这里改名换姓
I want to go away and change my name,
隐居起来
and never be heard of again.
但这需要钱 并且这也不是件容易的事
But that costs money, and it isn’t easy nowadays.
如果他们要找你 总是能找得到的
If they’re looking for you, they’ll find you,
除非他们认为你已经死了
unless they think you’re dead.
否则 即使你躲在南太平洋的小岛上
They’ll find you even on the smallest island
他们一样可以找到你
in the South Seas.
那正是我要去的地方 我的伙计
That’s where I’m going to be, fella,
一个遥远的小岛
on that smallest island.
在被谋杀之后 我会把剩下的寄给你
I’ll mail the rest to you after the murder.
我想无忧无虑的生活 在那小岛上
I want to live on that island in peace.
而这也并不是那么简单
That won’t be possible
如果这个世界对我的消失还有任何怀疑的话
unless the world is satisfied I don’t exist.
你知道 伙计 法律真是个有趣的东西
You know, the law is a funny thing, fella.
加利福尼亚州政♥府♥将宣布我的死亡
The State of California will say I’m dead,
当然是官方的
Tofficially dead…
只要有人肯承认谋杀了我
if somebody’ll say they murdered me.
我会为此付给你报酬
That’s what I’m paying you for.
– 承认杀了你吗? – 没错
– To murder you? – To say you did.
你到底会怎么样呢?
Well, what happens to you really?
– 我要消失 – 我呢?
– Well, I disappear. – What happens to me?
什么事都没有
Nothing.
这就是好笑的地方
That’s the joker.
你承认杀了我 但你不会被逮捕
You swear you killed me, but you can’t be arrested.
这就是法律 你自己去查一查
That’s the law. Look it up for yourself.
根本就没有谋杀这回事 除非他们找到了尸体
There’s no such thing as homicide, unless they find a corpse.
没找到尸体 就构不成谋杀
It just isn’t murder if they don’t find a body.
根据法律 如果你承认杀了我
According to the law, I’m dead…
那我的死亡就能够确立
if you say you murdered me.
但只要我并没有真正死亡 你就不算是凶手
But you’re not a murderer unless I’m dead.
很可笑 不是吗?
Silly, isn’t it?
我从没来过水族馆
I’ve never seen an aquarium.
能带我参观吗?
Would you show me about?
我想不出还有哪儿能见面
I couldn’t think where else we could meet.
– 只有游客和孩子们会来这里 – 还有情侣?
– Only tourists and schoolchildren come. – And lovers.
– 哦 麦克 – 我的罗莎莉 你真美
– Michael! – Fair Rosalie!
– 你爱我吗? – 当然
– Do you love me very much? – I do.
你真的想带我离开吗?
Do you still want to take me away with you?
– 你为什么这么问? – 说你要带我离开 麦克
– Why do you ask that? – Tell me where we’ll go. Michael!
你愿意带我一起去太阳升起的地方吗?
Will you carry me off into the sunrise?
我不会让你受欺负 不会让你挨饿
Don’t torment me. I’ll take care of you. You won’t starve.
我不在乎去哪 麦克
I don’t care where it is, Michael,
带我走
just take me there.
快点带我走
Take me, quick.
带我走
Take me.
什么?
What?
看在老天爷的份上 跟我走 快点
For heaven’s sakes, come along. Come on.
– 走啦 走啦 – 我为什么不能看?我就要看
– Come on. Come on. – Can’t I look? I want to see.
我不想让你为我们担心
I don’t want you to worry about us.
– 我确实很担心 – 我自有安排
– Oh, Michael I really worry about it. – I’m making arrangements.
昨天你提到了关于钱的事
The things you said yesterday about money.
你好像有点儿不对劲
You didn’t sound like you.
你不会干什么傻事吧?
You’re not going to try anything foolish, are you?
你猜对了 非常愚蠢的事
I’m afraid so. Something very foolish indeed.
我 麦克·欧哈瑞 愿主饶恕我的罪过…
“I, Michael O’Hara, in order to live in peace with my God…”
对以下事实供认不讳
“do freely make the following confession.”
看最后那部分 你会明白一切
Read the last part, that explains the whole of it.
我们在大约十点二十来到停船的地方
“We arrived at the boat landing at approximately 10:20.”
格瑞斯比先生听到有可疑的声音
“Mr. Grisby said he heard a sound of something suspicious.”
他担心有人抢劫
“He said he was frightened of a hold-up
叫我去车里面把枪拿来
and asked me to get the gun, just in case.”
我跑过去拿回了枪
“I reached in and got the gun, but I’d hardly taken hold of it…”
但枪在我手上不慎走火
“when the gun went off by accident in my hand…”
我看到格瑞斯比先生全身是血
“and I saw that Mr. Grisby was all covered with blood.”
我吓呆了 好半天才回过神来
“It took me a minute to realise
格瑞斯比先生已经死了
that Mr. Grisby was dead.”
我意识到 是我 麦克·欧哈瑞 杀死了他
“To realise that I, Michael O’Hara, had killed him.”
但我不明白
But I don’t understand, Michael.
你和乔治到索萨利托去干什么?
What were you doing with George in Sausalito?
上面是这么说的 格瑞斯比先生想去游艇上过夜
It says Mr. Grisby wants to spend the night on a yacht
叫我开车送他去那里
and asked me to drive him there.
就在那里 我杀了他
And that’s where I kill him.
海湾里波涛汹涌
You see, with the rough tide there is in the bay…
就算有尸体 警♥察♥也找不到
they wouldn’t recover the body, if there was one.
你不明白 亲爱的
You don’t understand, darling.
他现在并没有死 格瑞斯比还活着
He isn’t dead yet, Grisby’s alive.
今晚 他将会被人干掉
He won’t be murdered until tonight.
难道你不觉得着很荒唐吗?
Is that foolish enough for you?
一定是我丈夫写了这些东西 然后让你来签字
My husband wrote that thing and got you to sign it for him.
这是班尼斯特的惯用伎俩
It’s one of those famous Bannister tricks.
是格瑞斯比自己的主意
No, it’s Grisby’s idea.
是这样的 格瑞斯比先生想要从这里消失
It seems Mr. Grisby wants to disappear…
这就是他的计划 让别人以为他已经死了
and this is a scheme of his to get himself declared dead.
绝不会这么简单 麦克
There’s more to it than that, Michael.
我不知道会是什么 但肯定远不止这些
I don’t know what, but there’s more.
这一定是一个阴谋
It’s a trap of some kind.
今晚你去见乔治 就按他所说的
You meet George tonight, just as he arranged.
和他一起去索萨利托
Go with him to Sausalito and do whatever crazy…
一切都照他说的办
nonsense he asks you to do.
只要没人受到伤害就行
As long as no one’s hurt it won’t matter.
但你得留神点儿
But don’t let him out of your sight.
乔治并不是个笨蛋 但…
Maybe George isn’t as big a fool as he seems to be…
但我肯定我丈夫一定是这件事的幕后主谋
but I’ll swear my husband’s behind this whole thing.
哦 麦克 你为什么要趟这趟浑水
Michael, why did you let yourself get dragged into it?
毫无疑问 因为我是傻瓜
Sure because I’m a fool,
明知山有虎 偏向虎山行
a deliberate, intentional fool…
我是天字第一号♥大傻瓜 你知道吗?
and that’s the worst kind. Or didn’t you know?
是的 亲爱的 我亲爱的傻瓜
Yes, my beloved, my beloved fool.
我知道
I know.
我猜家里除了布鲁姆以外 一定没有别人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!