– 我想你能驾驶快艇吧 – 应该可以
– I presume you can handle a speedboat? – Well, I presume so.
你喝酒吗?
Do you drink?
– 请再说一次 – 我问你是不是喝酒
– I beg your pardon? – I asked you if you drink?
什么摆在我面前我便喝什么 不需要什么佳酿
Whatever’s set in front of me. Doesn’t have to be wholesome…
只要够烈就行
just as long as it’s strong.
你有饮酒的习惯吗?
Do you drink habitually?
我想问一下 先生 你是想请客吗?
May I ask, mister, if you’re extending an invitation?
我想大概是的
Well, I guess it might as well be.
如果你带我去最近的酒吧…
Now, Mr. O’Hara, if you’ll show me to the nearest bar…
我们去坐下来谈谈你来给我工作的事情?
we’ll sit down together and discuss your coming to work for me.
我叫班尼斯特
My name is Bannister.
班尼斯特
Bannister
伙计们 我来给你们介绍亚瑟·班尼斯特先生
Boys, may I present Mr. Arthur Bannister,
世界上最好的律师
the world’s greatest criminal lawyer.
– 他能帮你解决所有问题 这是杰克·布洛森 – 嗨
– He’ll get you out of anything. Jake Bjoronson and… – Hi.
高弟 对吗?
Goldie Right?
嗨 我叫金鱼 很高兴见到你
HI, Goldfish is the name. Glad to know you.
你妻子要你来找我的
Mr. Bannister’s wife sent him to get me.
对吗?班尼斯特先生?
Isn’t that right, Mr. Bannister?
现在 班尼斯特先生要请我们大家喝几杯
Now Mr. Bannister’s going to buy us all a few drinks…
但我拒绝为他工作来自娱
while I entertain myself by refusing to go to work for him.
知道吗?麦克救了我的妻子
You know, Mike saved my wife’s life.
帮我投几个硬币进去好吗
Here. Would you mind inserting these coins?
第四首
Number four.
我们都喜欢听那首
That’s all we like to hear.
麦克确是个英雄 也是个强悍的家伙
Mike’s quite a hero, quite a tough guy.
先生 没有这样的人
Mister, there aingt no such thing.
没有这样的…强悍的人?
No such thing as a tough guy?
怎样才算强硬的人呢?
What’s a tough guy?
不知道
I don’t know.
一个有优势的人
A guy with an edge.
为什么他比我唱得好?这里要有东西
What makes him sing better than me? Something in here.
为什么他那么大声?因为他有麦克风
What makes it loud? A microphone.
这就是他的优势
That’s his edge.
优势?
Edge?
一把手♥枪♥ 警棍 或者剃刀
A gun or a knife, a nightstick or a razor,
别人没有的东西
something the other guy aingt got.
挥拳的手臂比别人长 手上有指套
A little extra reach on a punch, a set of brass knuckles…
袖子上有条纹 上面印着“警♥察♥”
a stripe on the sleeve, a badge that says cop on it, a rock…
手里有石头 或口袋里有大笔的钱
in your hand, or a bankroll in your pocket.
那就是优势 兄弟
That’s an edge, brother.
没有优势 也就没有强悍的家伙了
Without an edge, he aingt no tough guy.
– 听到了吗?黑爱尔兰人 – 的确
– You hear that, Black Irish? – It’s true.
那么 记好了
Well, bear it in mind.
但是什么让他唱得比你好呢?
But what makes him sing prettier than you?
很明显 有得人送班尼斯特先生回家
Naturally, someone had to take Mr. Bannister home.
我告诉自己不能让一个喝醉了的人
I told myself I couldn’t leave a helpless man
神志不清躺在酒吧里
lying unconscious in a saloon.
对 我是醉倒了
Well, it was me that was unconscious…
但他就像一条死蛇一样毫无知觉…
and he was exactly as helpless as a sleeping rattlesnake.
你真好 麦克
Say, it’s nice of you, Michael,
能在我喝醉的时候送我回来
to be so nice to me while I’m so drunk.
亲爱的
Lover!
我不确定你会不会来
I wasn’t sure you’d come.
我不会留下的
I’m not staying.
你一定要留下
You’ve got to stay.
亲爱的
Lover!
这会是一次愉快的航行
Gonna be a real nice cruise.
先到巴拿马运河 再向上到墨西哥海岸
First, the Panama Canal, then up the Mexican coast.
我们需要个水手长 小丹尼
We need a bosun, Danny-boy.
– 你航海过吗? – 有几次
– Ever done any sailing? – A bit of it.
那晚我在车♥库♥见过你
I saw you last night at the garage, it was.
那是别人 小丹尼 不是我
Somebody else, Danny-boy, not me.
不要走 她非常需要你 留下吧
Don’t go. She needs you bad. You stay.
如果你懂得把握机会 我们俩都能找到一份工作
Mike, if you play your cards right, we can get a job for us both.
那我们就答应吧
I think we’ll take it.
于是 我 麦克·欧哈瑞
And what was I, Mike O’Hara,
开始了一次在晴朗的加勒比海上的…
doing on a luxury yacht
奢华 愉快的航行
pleasure cruising in the sunny Caribbean Sea?
很清楚 我是在追求一个有夫之妇
But it’s clear now, I was chasing a married woman.
但我可绝不愿意这么去看
But that’s not the way I wanted to look at it. No.
如果想当一个像我一样的傻瓜
To be a real prize fathead like Mike O’Hara…
你得吞下
you’ve got to swallow whole all the lies
你编给自己的一切谎言
you can think up to tell yourself.
我们的旅行有几周是在西印度洋上度过的
Our little expedition spent some weeks in the West Indies…
四处闲逛 看看风景 补给用品…
dawdling around, seeing the sights, laying in supplies…
还遇上一些麻烦
and getting into more trouble.
嗨“苏茜”船上的
Hi, on board the Cercie!
就是你
You there…
怎么不去游泳?
why don’t you go swimming?
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
我说 你怎么不去游泳呢?
I said, why don’t you go swimming?
我工作时不会随身带泳衣的 先生
I didn’t bring a swimming suit along on the job, sir.
下次你该带上
You ought to the next time.
没有下次了 我不会再干了
There won’t be a next time, sir. I’m quitting.
我的应该你能用
My trunks will fit you.
你可以储物柜里找到
You’ll find them in the locker in the cabin.
我想你还不知道我是谁吧
I suppose you’re wondering who I am, fella.
我在纽约见过你
I think I saw you in New York.
我今天早上从哈瓦那飞过来的
I flew in this morning, by way of Havana.
我是乔治·格瑞斯比 知道了吧
I’m George Grisby, you know.
格瑞斯比 和 班尼斯特
Grisby and Bannister.
– 人都上去哪了?上岸去了? – 几乎都去了
– Where is everybody? Gone ashore? – Almost everybody.
– 我的搭档也去了?班尼斯特先生? – 是的
– My partner, too, Mr. Bannister? – That’s right.
那位小姐呢?
And the lady?
哦…
Oh…
班尼斯特先生告诉我 你曾经杀过人
Mr. Bannister tells me you once killed a man.
– 你叫麦克 对吧? – 是的
– You are Michael, aren’t you? – That’s right.
我对谋杀很感兴趣
I’m very interested in murders.
别介意我这么好奇…在哪发生的?
Forgive me if I seem inquisitive, but where’d it happen?
– 在穆尔西亚 – 你怎么下手的?
– At Murcia. – How’d you do it?
不 让我猜一下
Now, let me guess.
你掐死他的 对吧?
You did it with your hands, didn’t you?
事后想起来会不会怕?
Does it ever bother you when you think about it?
他对你干了什么?
What’d he do to you?
没什么
Nothing.
你杀他只是为了好玩?
You just killed him for the fun of it?
[佛朗哥 1♥8♥9♥2-1975 西班牙军人 1939-1975为国家元首]
他是个佛朗哥间谍 当时是战争时期
He was a Franco spy. There was a war on at the time.
那这不算谋杀 我觉得
Then it wasn’t murder, I suppose?
告诉我 你还干这事吗?
Tell me, would you do it again?
你介意再杀一个人吗?
Would you mind killing another man?
除非再杀一个佛朗哥间谍
I’d kill another Franco spy.
我曾经是佛朗哥委员会的一员
I was on a pro-Franco committee, fella…
在西班牙战争时期
during the Spanish War.
如果给你机会 你会不会杀了我?
Would you kill me if I gave you the chance?
我也许会给你机会的
I may give you the chance.
麦克
Michael!
麦克
Michael!
李上岸前做了午饭吗?
Before Li went ashore did he make up some lunch for me?
– 是的 夫人 – 够两个人吃么?
– Yes, madam. – Is there enough for two?
我不知道 为什么不问班尼斯特太太呢?
I’m sure I don’t know. Ask Mrs. Bannister.
你去问她
You ask her.
你希望我给你眼睛来一拳吗?
Would you like a good paste in the eye, sir?
我希望她邀请我游泳
I wish she’d ask me to go swimming.
她会邀请你的
She’ll ask you.
你等着看好了
You wait and see.
能帮我一下吗?
Will you help me?
给我一根香烟吧
Give me a cigarette.
我正在学抽烟
I’m learning to smoke now.
从在公园的那晚开始

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!