-那个孩子你觉得如何 -什么孩子
-What about the kid? -what kid?
那个摇铃的孩子
you know the kid who rings the bell?
什么孩子 什么铃 你在说什么
What kid? What bell? what are you talking about?
这个小孩 在矿坑崩塌后 摇铃警告城里的人
The kid. After the mine caves in, he rings the bell to alert the town.
-那有在剧本里吗 -我们给他设定一个疾病如何
-Is that in the script? -What if we gave the kid a disease?
-疾病 -像是腿上打着石膏那一类的
-A disease? -Braces on the leg, that sort of thing.
-但他会跑啊 -他可以用跛行的
-But he runs. -He could hobble.
那个叫麦道威尔的小孩可以吗
A How Green Was My Valley thing. Is that McDowall kid available?
-年纪太大了而且他是英国人 -那又如何
-Too old. Plus, he’s English. -So?
-剧本设定在田纳西州 -我有那一页吗
-The script’s set in Tennessee. -Did I get that page?
忘了什么疾病吧 没人要看的 太令人沮丧了
Forget the disease. Nobody wants it. It’s depressing.
-老板说的对谁要疾病啊 -真可怕
-Boss is right. Who needs disease? -It’s horrible.
-我讨厌疾病 -票房♥毒药
-I hate disease. -Box -office poison.
慢着我想到一个”若是”
Hold on. I think I got a “what if.”
若是我们给这角色-什么名字来的
What if we give the character… What’s his name?
-佛洛依德 -难听的名字换了它
-Floyd. -Terrible name. Change it.
-我们给这角色一只狗 -狗
-Say we give no -name a dog. -A dog?
一只狗他最忠实的伴侣
A dog. No-name’s faithful companion.
在煤矿场总陪着 他的主人辛苦工作着
Toils at his master’s side in the coal mine.
矿坑崩塌了只有狗逃了出来
Cave-in happens, only the dog gets out.
对 腊肠狗通常较小
Right, ‘Cause dogs are smaller, usually.
它跑上山丘并且摇铃
And it’s the dog that runs up the hill and rings the bell.
亏你想得出来太美了
Holy crap, that’s beautiful.
-我说不出话来了 -我全身起了鸡皮疙瘩
-I’m choked up. -I got goose bumps.
莱禧影业总是票房♥大好
Lassie pictures always gross high.
除了疾病我们给了这小孩一只狗
Instead of a disease, we give the kid a dog?
-没有小孩 那小孩就是狗 -正如同影片中所需的
-There is no kid. The kid’s a dog. -Could be just what the movie needs.
我们问问编剧好了 如何呢 彼特
Let’s ask the writer. What do you think, Pete?
喔 有点…
Wow. That’s just…
令人吃惊的
amazing.
当然并非像是明信片一样
Of course, it’s not like the postcards say it is.
你所见的并非每个地方都那么美丽
It’s not glamour everywhere you look.
我知道我住这
I should know. I live here.
这是我的家乡
This is my town.
好像这儿的居民来自各地
It seems like everyone here’s from someplace else.
原因是 电影
The reason? Movies.
大家都喜爱电影
Everybody loves the movies…
让好莱坞成为每个人的家
which makes Hollywood everybody’s town.
一部一部公车载他们的来到这里
They come here by the busload.
下一场电影五分钟后就要开始了
The next show will be starting in five minutes.
请往前取票
Please step up to purchase your tickets….
糖果
Candy.
娱乐活动
Treats.
-夹心软糖 -你又来这一套
-Bonbons. -There you go.
对多数人来说葛劳门的中国戏院
For most, Grauman’s Chinese Theater…
是世界上最刺♥激♥的地方了
is the most exciting place on the planet.
对我来说更是如此
For me, it’s that and more.
我首次出现在片尾 电影演员表就是在这
It’s the theater playing my first film credit.
不 不是那一部
No, not that one.
我希望是啦
I wish.
不今晚是电影《撒哈拉沙漠大盗》
No, I’m the B movie tonight. Sand Pirates of the Sahara.
还不差啦 我自认为是
Not a bad picture, if I say so myself.
你必需从某处开始
You gotta start somewhere.
老天啊 我喜欢看到 我的名字出现在海报上
God, I love seeing my name on a poster.
四年前电影界最黑暗的时期
Four years ago, in film land’s darkest hour…
所谓的”反美活动审议委员会”
the so-called Hollywood 10…
调查好莱坞的共♥产♥党人物之前
testified before the House Committee on Un-American Activities…
作证的好莱坞十个人
investigating the Communist menace in Hollywood.
你曾是共♥产♥党员吗
Have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?
共♥产♥主义跟此无关
Communism is not related to this.
拒绝回答问题
Refusing to answer questions…
这十个编剧挑战国会去追查他们
the 10 writers dared Congress to come after them.
多年的争辩之后 也该要付出代价了
After years of wrangling, it’s time to pay the piper.
逮捕入狱 指控罪名 蔑视众议院
It’s off to jail. The charge: contempt of Congress.
新一回合的听证会今年秋天开始
A new round of hearings begins this fall.
执行令 将赤色共♥党♥赶出好莱坞
The mandate: Get the Reds out of Hollywood!
-想我吗 无时无刻
-Miss me? -Every second.
那是我女友珊卓 辛克莱 她也是住这里
That’s my girlfriend, Sandra Sinclair. This is her town too.
从克里夫兰来 立志成为女演员
She’s from Cleveland. She came out here to be an actress.
她做到了
And that’s what she’s doing.
她出现的第一部戏
The first picture she ever appeared in…
也是我写的第一部戏
was the first picture I ever wrote.
荒漠可人儿-艾米莉
The lovely Emily. My desert dove.
你以为你可以离我远走高飞吗
Did you think you could just fly away from me?
-别碰我咖利 -罗兰
-Hands off, Khalid! -Roland!
-你 我以为你死了 -你错了
-You! I thought you were dead. -You thought wrong.
-放她走 -我发现你的固执很烦
-Let her go. -I find your persistence tiresome.
我非常固执的
I get that a lot.
罗兰 小心
Roland, look out!
这次我会确定你死了
This time I’ll make sure you’re dead.
狗东西看剑
Taste my steel, you dog.
狗东西看剑
Taste my steel, you dog.
我们错了我们是相爱的
We were young, we were in love…
我们都在演艺界工作 之前生活还不错
and we were working in the pictures. Life was good.
露易丝怎么了
Louise, what gives?
他们让每个人放假
They gave everyone the day off.
-我的剧本呢 打好字了吗 -剧本
-What about my pages? Are they typed? -Pages?
交稿期限到了 我要我的剧本
I’m on a deadline, I need my pages.
-那些人带走了 -那些人 那些剧本还没完成呢
-Those men took them. -What men? Those pages aren’t ready.
彼特我不该跟你说话的
Pete, I’m not even supposed to be talking to you.
他们说你大学时叁加过那些会议
They say you attended those meetings while in college.
他们是谁
Who’s they?
众议院联邦调查局赤色频道 都一样
Congress, FBI, Red Channels. It doesn’t matter.
他们知道他们是谁就够了 回答问题
They know who they are, that’s enough. Answer the question.
会议 会议 我怎知道什么
Meetings, meetings. How the hell should I know?
好久以前了我读比尔大学
It was a long time ago. I went to college on the G.I. Bill.
叁加了”用面包代替子弹”社团
The Bread Instead of Bullets Club.
他们是共♥产♥党 我怎知道
They were Communists? What do I know?
我不懂他们在宣传什么
I couldn’t figure out what they were saying.
-你为什么加入彼特 -因为某个女孩
-Why did you go, Peter? -There was this girl.
你为了一个女孩而跟共♥产♥党徒交往
You consorted with Communists for a girl?
我还叁加读诗社 并没有使我成为卡尔·桑德伯格
I went to poetry readings too. That doesn’t make me Carl Sandburg.
利奥你了解我 我不理政♥治♥的
Leo, you know me. I’m non-political.
共和党民♥主♥党共♥产♥党 在我看来都一样
Republicans, Democrats, Communists. They all look alike to me.
身为制片厂的法律顾问
As legal counsel for this studio…
我强烈建议你注意你的言词
I strongly advise you to watch what you say.
利奥 戴上你的探员帽
Leo, put your agent hat on.
-你会去做一定有某个动机 -我没有任何动机
-There must be an angle you can work. -I’m out of angles.
我们正就我的新合约谈判当中
We’re in the middle of negotiating my new contract.
制片厂今早暂停了谈判协商
The studio suspended negotiations this morning.
我被列入黑名单了 我他妈的被列入黑名单了
I’ve been blacklisted? I’ve been goddamn blacklisted?
-没有黑名单 -对没有黑名单
-There is no blacklist. -Right. No blacklist.
制片厂只是不想知道 你这些悬而未决的事
Studio just doesn’t wanna know you with this hanging over your head.
我不能走 再三个礼拜就要开镜了
I can’t leave. We’re shooting in three weeks.
大家已经一致的决定 尘归尘土归土
Ashes to Ashes has been pulled.
-你相信了 -我很抱歉 彼特
-You believe it? -I’m sorry, Peter.
所以这表示 我必须出庭作证
So, what does this mean? I have to testify?
若是他们要你的话
Assuming they let you.
起码他们可以让我为自己辩护
The least they can do is let me defend myself.
片厂方面会尽力维护你的权益 这是我唯一可以有的保证
The studio will lobby on your behalf. That’s all I can promise you.
没有完全的把握
No guarantees.
-你要去做证 -我能有所选择吗
-You up for testifying? -What choice do I have?
他们渴望知道一些姓名 你必须供出一些
They feed on names. You’ll have to give them some.
我是作家 若是必要的话我会编出一些
I’m a writer. I’ll make up names if I have to.
我们讨论的我的事业 我的一生
We’re talking about my career, my life.
天啊 他们要什么我都得给
Christ, I’ll give them anything they want.
来吧 干杯
Come on, toast with me.
敬这自♥由♥之土勇者之家
To the land of the free and the home of the brave.
嘿 彼特 我想你已经受够了
Hey, Pete. Think maybe you’ve had enough?
告诉我些什么 杰瑞 你跟小艾得嘉·胡佛很熟
Tell me something, Jerry. You tight with J. Edgar Hoover?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章狂怒
下一篇文章万物理论
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!