I didn’t know you were here.
我只是要
I was just…
说再见
saying goodbye.
阿黛尔 很抱歉结局是这样
Adele, I’m sorry the way things turned out.
我无意伤害任何人 更别说是你
I never meant to hurt anyone, least of all you.
有时候人总是会受伤 我们自己也没办法
People get hurt sometimes, we can’t always help it.
事情就是如此
It’s just the way things are.
那你真的是共♥产♥党员吗
So are you really a Communist?
不 我真的不是
No, I’m really not.
我也不这么想只有资本主义者
I didn’t think so. Only a capitalist could
能让皇宫剧院继续经营下去
get The Majestic up and running.
好一个背书 我可以让你做目击证人吗
Great endorsement. Can I call you as a witness?
-好啊 若是有帮助的话 -谢谢
-Well, if it helps. -Thanks.
-那你会跟委员会怎么说 -告诉他们所想要听的
-So, what will you tell the Committee? -Tell them what they want to hear:
“抱歉 我不会再犯了 等等”
“Sorry, I won’t do it again, blah, blah.”
你没当一回事
You’re not serious.
-有什么不对 -每件事
-What’s wrong with it? -Everything.
精确一点的说
Be more specific.
除了这是一个自♥由♥国家的事实之外
Aside from the fact that this is a free country,
若你要的话
and you can be a Communist…
你也可以是共♥产♥党员这个不说 如果你被错误的起诉
if you want to be, leaving that aside, if you’re accused falsely…
你有权利也有义务挺身而出 建议他们暴死倒毙
you have a duty as well as a right to stand up and suggest they drop dead.
左拉 你对这情势感觉强烈
Émile Zola, you feel strongly about this.
真是这样
Damn right!
但也无法让他们不再用不正当
It doesn’t make it any less rigged.
手段操纵这叫做…政♥治♥迫♥害♥
It’s called a witch-hunt.
而且还有提供证据之责任 定罪之前是无罪的
And there’s burden of proof, innocence before guilt.
那只是在法学院里 但我们活在残酷的现实世界里
In law school, but the rest of us live in the real world.
我♥干♥扰这些人我去监狱里
I mess with these guys, I go to jail.
更有理由对抗他们
All the more reason to fight them.
就像路克所做的一样 尽管说吧
Like Luke would have done? Go ahead, say it.
-是的 就像路克所做的一样 -喔 他来了
-Yes, like Luke would have done. -God, here it comes.
再告诉我一次路克是怎样的好 我还觉得不够
Tell me again what a great guy Luke was. I haven’t heard that enough!
-他应该会站起来 -嗯 他不在这里
-He would have stood up. -Well, he’s not here…
当面保证 我们必须信任你
to vouch for that. We have to take your word!
每个人对于路克的回忆都有点乐观的
Everybody’s memory of Luke is a little rose-colored.
另外 我不是路克
Besides, I’m not Luke.
当他正在解放欧洲时我正在 经营军中福利社
While he was liberating Europe, I was running the PX.
他无从等待的拯救全世界 我却是乐得不用去
He couldn’t wait to save the world! I was happy not to go!
-为什么 -我不想跟他一样的结局
-Why? -I didn’t want to end up like him.
我要活下来 无故地站起来
I wanted to survive! You stand up for a cause…
被扫射残杀 看啊
you get mowed down. Look. Look!
这就是真实世界
That’s the real world.
我想要我的人生 那么难明白吗
I want my goddamn life back. Is that so hard to understand?

Wow.
我真的被你们两个角色搞混了
I really did have you two confused.
西加州航♥空♥飞往洛杉矶班机 登机前最后一次广播
Last call for California West to Los Angeles and all points south.
你到底去哪了
Where the hell have you been?
-散步 -散步 散了两个小时
-Walking. -Walking? For two hours?
孩子别这样对我 我很紧张
Don’t do this to me, kid. I got a nerve condition.
走吧 走吧
Come on. Come on.
她现在怎样
How is she?
从公墓回来后有一点心烦意乱 但是应该没事的
She came back from the cemetery a bit upset. But she’ll be fine.
她要给你这个
She wanted you to have this.
-那是什么 -我不想问
-What is it? -I didn’t think to ask.
全员登机
All aboard!
最亲爱的阿黛尔 我有预感我们很快要搬走
Dearest Adele: I have a feeling we’ll be moving out soon…
所以可能会有一阵子没空写信
so I may not get a chance to write for some time.
谢谢你给我的信
Thank you for all your letters.
真的鼓励了我 且让我能常念起家乡
I can’t tell you how much they cheer me and make me think of home.
不是要吓你
I’m not trying to frighten you.
我加入之前早已接受 我也许再也不会回来
I’m going into this having accepted that I may not be back.
若真的发生了答应我 不要为我的逝去而哀痛
If that should happen, promise you will not mourn my passing.
继续前进过最充实的生活 为了给我家人生命的意义
Move on, live your life to the fullest in order to give mine meaning…
并且实践我们努力争取的理想
and to honor the cause we’re fighting to achieve.
当恶霸强权兴起时我们 必须不计一切代价去打倒它
When bullies rise up, we have to beat them down, whatever the cost.
这是个单纯的想法 但是已经比任何事情有价值
That’s a simple idea, I suppose, but one worth giving everything for.
除了我们任务失败以外 唯一让我难过的是
The only thought that saddens me, aside from failing at our task…
想到不能再见到你
is the thought of never seeing you.
不能拥抱你看着我们的孩子成长
Not holding you, not seeing our children grow…
不能跟你共度馀生
not spending the passing years with you.
若我真的不再回来要知道 我并未真的离开
If I should not come back, know that I will never truly leave you.
几年后你漫步再春日里
Should you be walking years from now on a spring day…
感受到和风轻拂你的脸颊
and feel a warm breeze graze your cheek…
那温暖和风就是我在吻着你
that warm breeze will be me, giving you a kiss.
最后请永记在心理
Remember, finally, above all…
就是我爱你
that I love you.
路克
Luke.
阿普顿先生
Mr. Appleton?
你是共♥产♥党员吗
Are you a Communist?
你有话要说吗
Anything you want to say?
委员会将会下令
The Committee will come to order.
会场需要维持秩序
We’ll have order in the chamber!
我先说明我们的议程已排满
Let me begin by saying we have a full agenda.
我提醒今天参与听证会者 要维持秩序
I admonish those here to view testimony today to keep order…
否则会场将被清空
or this chamber will be cleared.
证人请起立 伸出右手
The witness will please stand and raise his right hand.
你发誓你的证词
Do you swear the testimony you’re about to give…
皆为真实全部属实
will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
-是的 -请坐下
-I do. -Be seated.
请说你的全名及住址
State your full name and residence.
彼特·阿普顿 加州 好莱坞
Peter Appleton, Hollywood, California.
你有一份预先拟好的声明吗
I’m informed you have a prepared statement you’d like to read.
-是的 -主席先生
-Yes, sir. -Mr. Chairman…
在他宣读声明之前 我想问几个问题
before he reads his statement, I’d like to ask a few questions.
只是要弄清楚
Just to clear the air.
全体美国人需要知道 共♥党♥阴谋的程度及状况
Americans deserve to know the extent of the Communist conspiracy
威胁着我们的生活方式
that threatens our way of life.
我们被告知证人 会宣读一份声明
We were told the witness would be allowed to read a statement.
他会在宣读前先回答问题的
So he will, but he’ll answer a few questions first.
阿普顿先生你说你家住在好莱坞
Mr. Appleton, you mentioned your home is Hollywood.
但是最近几个月来 你都把劳森当作是你家乡
But for the last several months you made your home in the town of Lawson?
那是事实
Yes, that’s true.
你以前见过亚伯特·卢卡斯·川普吗
Have you ever met an Albert Lucas Trimble?
没有
No, sir.
不可能路克·川普已经死了
That’s not possible. Luke Trimble is dead.
但那并未阻止你在劳森冒充路克
That didn’t prevent you from masquerading as Luke while in Lawson.
维持秩序
Order!
我没有冒充
I wasn’t masquerading.
我被误认为是路克 那纯属意外
I was mistaken for Luke. There was an accident.
我确定看过报纸的人 都知道你的意外
I’m sure anyone who reads the paper is familiar with your accident.
这委员会也难以理解的意外
An accident which came hard upon being named by this Committee.
我难以理解的是
What I find hard to understand is
为何你如此匆忙的离开洛杉矶
why you were in such a hurry to leave L.A.
有些人可能会视为逃避有关机关
One might view that as a flight from authority.
先生 我没有逃跑
I wasn’t fleeing, sir.
我纯粹只是开车发生了意外 我的记忆力因此受损
I simply went for a drive and had an accident that affected my memory.
维持秩序
Order!
你现在的记忆力状况如何
What is the state of your memory now?
-完全恢复了 -真高兴听到你这么说
-My memory is fine. -I’m glad to hear that.
你可能记得起你前面的几样证物
You might recall the item before you.
是”用面包替代子弹社团”的会员名册
It’s the attendance roster for the Bread Instead of Bullets Club…
1945年10月3日
dated October 3rd, 1945.
看到第37行 是你的签名吗
Referring to line 37, does your name and signature appear there?
-是的 -阿普顿先生
-It does. -Mr. Appleton…
告诉我们”用面包替代子弹社团”
tell us about the Bread Instead of Bullets Club.
若是委员们看到文件上的第36行
If the Committee will note line 36 of the document.
“露西尔·安格斯特朗姆”
“Lucille Angstrom”?
我是要追求安格斯特朗姆小姐
I was courting Miss Angstrom.
我只是为了要跟她在一起才加入的
I attended the meeting only to be with her.
你是要我们相信你是因为

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章狂怒
下一篇文章万物理论
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!