-Hang on, Harry. -It’s okay.
即使我要死
If I have to go…
至少是在我自己的床上
at least I’m going in my own bed…
知道我的儿子活的好好的
and knowing my son is alive.
不会太寒酸吧 对吗
That’s not too shabby, is it?
哈利
Harry….
我还没
I’m not…
还没准备好要说再见
not ready to say goodbye.
没关系
It’s all right.
没关系 最重要的是你在这儿
It’s all right. You’re here. And that’s all that matters.
喔 上帝啊
Oh, God.
孩子我爱你
I love you, son.
我爱你
I love you…
我…
I…
爸爸
Dad.
如此
So much…
轻盈
lighter.
生命中的每一天善良与仁慈 都会跟着我
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life…
我会永远住在天主的家里
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Hey.
嘿 你啊
Hey, yourself.
我一直在找你
I was looking for you.
你还好吧
You okay?
嗯 我可能有不少事情
Well, I may be many things…
但绝不会”还好”
but “okay” is far from one of them.
那你想谈谈吗
Well, you want to talk about it?
路克
Luke….
听着我懂我知道…
Look, I know this…
我知道对你来说 绝不是舒服的时刻…
I know this can’t be an easy day for you…
你不了解
You have no idea.
你父亲说我早该开始记得起来
Your father said I would start to remember things.
还有
And?
他是对的
He was right.
阿黛尔 哈利不是我父亲
Adele, Harry wasn’t my father.
我不是路克
I’m not Luke.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
喔 天啊
Oh, my God.
我知道
I knew.
我知道我一开始就知道
I knew, I knew it from the start.
我希望你是路克
I wanted you to be Luke.
我希望你活着
I wanted you to be alive.
天啊 你不知道 你跟他有多么相似
God, you are so much like him. You have no idea.
你不知道
You don’t know what you…
路克
what Luke…
路克突然活着回来 对这个城镇的重要性
what Luke meant to this town, suddenly being alive.
你不知道这个镇上失去了什么
You don’t know what this town lost.
天啊 我真是大笨蛋
God! I feel so stupid.
我知道你不是路克
I knew you weren’t Luke.
试着让自己想着
I let myself think that….
试着不要爱上你
And I tried not to fall in love with you, I did!
甚至我连你的名字都不知道
I don’t even know your name.
-我会告诉你 -不不要管你是谁
-I’ll tell you. -No, don’t! Whoever you are….
我无法我只是…我需要作我自己好吗
I can’t. I just… I need to be by myself, okay?
阿黛尔 拜托
Adele, please.
阿黛尔
Adele!
-大家站在那边 -他在那里
-Just stay back, folks. -There he is.
我是科尔曼警长怎么一回事
I’m Sheriff Coleman. What’s going on here?
联邦探员我们来是要传讯他
Federal agents. We’re here to serve a subpoena on him.
路克·川普
Luke Trimble?
我不晓得他告诉你们的 但他不是路克·川普
I don’t know what he’s told you, but he’s not Luke Trimble.
你应该出席反♥共♥活动调查委员会
You are commanded to appear before the Committee on Un-American Activities…
在洛杉矶的特别法庭
in special session in Los Angeles…
就有关共♥产♥党叛变 以及颠覆事件作证
and there testify on matters of Communist conspiracy and subversion.
别无选择
Herein fail not.
-我被捕了吗 -若你不是在那火车上的话
-Am I under arrest? -If you’re not on that train.
大家我保证他会回来 就这么说定了
Fellas, I’m here to guarantee his return. That was the deal.
现在除非有犯法
Now, unless there’s some law that’s been broken….
我仍会说那事不会成案
I’d have to say that doesn’t appear to be the case.
外表都是狡猾的
Appearances are tricky.
我们要在镇上调查 问些问题分♥析♥背景
We’ll just canvass the town, ask questions, check backgrounds.
那些事情
That sort of thing.
孩子来吧
Come on, son.
算了 梅布尔 不值得的
Come on, Mabel. Come on. It’s not worth it.
那今天晚上就工作到这里了
Well, why don’t we call it a night?
我来关门
I’ll close up.
-来吧 伊雷娜我陪你走回去 -谢谢你埃米特
-Come on, Irene, I’ll walk you home. -Thank you, Emmett.
你期待什么 大批的人群
What did you expect? Big turnout?
这些不是支持你的人 这里不是你的家乡 洛杉矶才是
These aren’t your people. This isn’t your town. L.A. is.
并非委员会通过之时
Not when the Committee gets through.
我一整天都跟我们的律师在一起
I’ve been on with our lawyers all day.
-他们一直跟律师在一起 -如何
-They’ve been on with their lawyers. -So?
他们不愿承认但他们并不认为 你是最重要的共♥党♥间谍
They hate to admit it, but you’re not the top Commie spy they thought.
-真吗 真是松了一口气 -嘿 可以放松了
-Gee, there’s a relief. -Hey, a break’s a break.
搞出这劣行之后 他们焦急地要保住面子
They’re anxious to save face after the big stink they made…
表示说他们有意要让步
which means they might be in a mood to compromise.
制片场的律师们草拟了这个
The studio lawyers had this drawn up.
“我彼特·阿普顿为了洗刷 我自己不检点的行为”
“I, Peter Appleton, by way of purging myself of my indiscretions…
“正式宣布放弃共♥产♥党籍”
renounce my membership in the Communist Party…
“并且提供成员名单”
and provide the names of fellow members…
“让那些成员跟我一样有机会自新”
that those persons may have the opportunity to do as I have done.”
真死板 孩子 他们甚至提供名单
Boilerplate, kid. They even provided the list of names.
-我不认识这些人 -没关系他们早就被指认了
-I don’t know any of these people. -Doesn’t matter. They’re already named.
你只要现身读这篇声明 对国旗敬礼
All you do is show up, read the statement, salute the flag.
-我不再会是共♥产♥党员了 -就是这样
-I won’t be a Communist anymore? -That’s it.
我不是共♥产♥党员有什么差别
Does it matter that I never was one?
别无故选择这是场游戏
Don’t split hairs. This is a game.
但那是他们的游戏
But it’s their game.
要遵守它们的游戏规则 否则他们会毁了你
You play by their rules, or they’ll destroy you.
我还以为这是民♥主♥国家呢
I thought this was a democracy.
独♥立♥宣言 宪法
The Declaration of Independence? The Constitution?
只是一些有签名的文件罢了
Just pieces of paper with signatures on them.
有签名的文件是什么你知道吗 合约
And you know what a signed paper is? A contract.
你可以随时重新商议
Something that can be renegotiated at any time.
就像这次反美活动调查委员会 重新商议这合约一样
Just so happens HUAC is renegotiating the contract this time around.
下次还是另外一个人 但还是会有其他人受到如此待遇
Next time it’ll be somebody else, but it’ll always be somebody.
你想要回你过去的人生吗
You want your life back?
看一下这份声明
Read the statement.
孩子 一大早在车站见了
I’ll see you at the station, kid, bright and early.
你认为他们会回来吗 顾客们吗
You think they’ll come back? The customers?
当然 埃米特 我们得谈一谈
Sure they will. Emmett, we need to talk.
-我明早要走了 -为什么
-I’m leaving tomorrow morning. -Why?
今天那些人到镇上时 你也在大街上吗
Were you on Main Street today, when those men came into town?
希望我不是告诉你的那个人
I hate to be the one to tell you this…
但我不是路克
but I’m not Luke.
-是啊 我知道 -你知道
-Yeah, I knew that. -You did?
从你在欢迎会上弹钢琴后
Since the welcome-home dance, when you played the piano.
-你在说笑 -我跟你说
-You’re kidding! -Let me tell you….
路克弹起古典乐是那么怡然
Luke played the classics like nobody’s business…
但一弹爵士乐就完全不是那回事了
but when it come to getting jazz, he was a lost boy.
当我听到那曲 旅馆黑人 我就知道你不是路克
When I heard that fine roadhouse boogie, I knew you wasn’t Luke.
你并没有说出去
You didn’t say anything?
没有人需要知道
Nobody else had to know.
整个镇上都需要你是路克 所以你就是路克
This town needed you to be Luke, so you were Luke.
但我不再是路克了
But I’m not Luke anymore.
-也是我要回去洛杉矶的原因 -要去多久
-That’s why I’m going back to L.A. -For how long?
-永远 -那谁要继续经营 皇宫剧院
-For good. -But who’s gonna run The Majestic?
你啊
You are.
-我 -你跟伊雷娜
-Me? -You and Irene.
我一点都不懂啊
I don’t know about that.
哈利希望你能让它继续经营下去 你也会需要它
Harry would have wanted you to keep this place going. You’ll need those.
我不知道你那时也在那里

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章狂怒
下一篇文章万物理论
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!