何谓四狱?
Which are?
我 我回答
Me, me, me! Me!
让他答 是什么?
No, Let him answer, Which are?
不赦之徒入地狱
There’s the Hell where the damned go,
还有炼狱
then there’s Purgatory.

Yes.
亚伯拉罕之胸狱
And the bosom of Abraham where the just go
小孩入边狱
and limbo where children go.
在地底中心
At the center of the earth.
非常非常热
Where it’s very, very hot.
说谎的小孩去那里
That’s where children go who tell lies
而且不是几天
but they don’t just go there for a few days.
噢 不
Oh, no.
是永世不得超生
No, they’re damned. Forever.
仔细想想
Think about it.
想想万劫不复
Try to imagine the end of eternity.
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
闭上眼睛想一下
Close your eyes and try to imagine it.
永世
Forever.
永世万劫不复
Pain forever.
我觉得头晕
I’m getting dizzy.
现在明白
Now do you understand
为何祖斯特和巴斯达不说谎?
why Justus and Pastor told the truth?
好了
All right.
翻到第六课
Open your readers at lesson six.
可以去玩吗?
Can’t we play?
当然不可以
You most certainly cannot.
先熟读课文
First you’re going to read the lesson
然后背诵全文
then you’re going to learn it by heart.
全部?
All of it?
再讨价还价
Any more protests
今天就别想玩了
and there’ll be no playing at all today.
对了 你们应该分开做功课
In fact, I think you can study in separate rooms.
不不不!
No, no, no!
就这样
Yes, yes, yes!
我们分开会害怕的
But we get scared if we’re separated!
害怕? 你们早习惯这屋子了
Scared? As if you weren’t used to this house by now.
看见鬼怎么办?
What if we see a ghost?
姐姐又讲鬼故事了?
Has your sister been telling you one of her stories?
我什么也没有讲
I haven’t told him anything!
看见鬼就说你好
If you see a ghost you say “Hello”
然后继续念书
and continue on studying.
-安 跟我去音乐室 -为什么是我?
-Come to the music room. -Why me?
因为我要你去 快点
Because I say so! Now come on.
拿好书本
Take your book.
尼古拉斯 我要你一小时内
Nicholas, I want to see that lesson learned
背熟全文
in less than an hour.
-妈咪 -什么?
-Mummy -What?
吻我一下
Give me a kiss.
吻我一下 吻我一下
“Give me a kiss. Give me a kiss.”
安 出去等我
Anne, wait for me outside.
你知道我不行
You know I can’t.
来这边
Over there.
米尔斯太太 拉上窗帘
Mrs. Mills, close all the curtains.
我女儿要过客厅
My daughter is going to cross the living room.
是的 太太
Yes, ma’am.
好了 安
All right, Anne.
宝贝
Darling.
妈妈不能整天陪你
Mummy can’t be with you all the time, hmm?
你必须学会独♥立♥学习
You must learn to be on your own.
你的念珠呢?
Where’s your rosary?
感到害怕时
Whenever you feel afraid,
就用力握紧它
I want you to squeeze it with all your might
念一次经♥文♥ 就不会害怕了
say an Our Father, and your fear will go away.
-没用的 -当然有用
-It won’t. -Yes, it will. Honestly.
你要知道 念经的时候
Don’t you see that when you do that
主与你同在
the Lord is with you?
不必感到害怕
There’s no reason to be afraid.
屋子和家人
The house and the family
全家人都住在同一间屋
We all live in a house with our family.
家人包括双亲
The family is usually made up of parents,
孩子和其祖父母
children, and their grandparents.
我们要乖乖听话
We must be obedient
服从尊重其他家人
and kind towards other members of our family
兄弟姐妹之间
and we must never argue or fight
不应争吵打斗
with our brothers and sisters.
你有孩子吗?
Do you have any children?
没有
No.
只有特德先生和丽蒂亚
Mr. Tuttle and the girl Lydia are all I’ve got and
我也是他们的仅有
I’m all they’ve got.
她天生就是这样?
Was she born like that?
我不明白 太太
Beg your pardon, ma’am?
那个姑娘 她天生是哑巴?
The girl. Was she born a mute?

No.
这里我打扫干净了
I think I’ve finished here, ma’am.
如果没有什么事 我想出去
If you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll go
看看特德先生要不要帮忙
and see if Mr. Tuttle needs a hand.
尼古拉斯!
Nicholas!
尼古拉斯 我来了!
Nicholas, I’m coming!
噢!
Oh!
-尼古拉斯? -什么事?
-Nicholas? -What’s the matter?
你哭什么?
Why were you crying?
我没哭 我在读书
I wasn’t crying. I was reading.
我刚刚听到 安!
But I just heard you, Anne!
安!
Anne!
安?
Anne?
我还没背熟 妈妈
I haven’t learned it yet, Mummy.
-你没事吧? -是的
-Are you all right? -Yes.
-你哭什么? -我没哭
-Why were you crying? -I wasn’t.
我刚才明明听到
I just heard you a moment ago.
不必感到难为情 宝贝
There’s no need to feel ashamed, darling.
我没哭
I don’t.
要是我哭了 会告诉你的
If I’d been crying, I’d tell you.
那我是无中生有了?
Oh, really. So I imagined it, did I?
不 是那男孩在哭
No. It was that boy.
哪个男孩?
What boy?
维克多
Victor.
谁是维克多?
Who’s Victor?
刚才在这里的男孩
The boy that was here a moment ago.
我叫他安静让我读书
I told him to let me study
但他不停地哭
but he wouldn’t stop crying.
他很蛮不讲理
I think he’s a spoiled brat.
要我们离开这屋子
He said we’d have to leave the house.
是吗? 那他为什么哭?
Oh, did he, now? And why was he crying?
因为他不喜欢这屋子
Because he doesn’t like this house
但必须住着 他爸爸是钢琴家
but he has to live here. His father’s a pianist.
-他爸爸是钢琴家? -是的
-His father’s a pianist? -Yes.
我警告他不许碰钢琴
I already told him he’s not allowed to touch the piano.
不能碰 对吗 妈妈?
He isn’t, is he, Mummy?
你和他爸爸也说了?
So, you’ve spoken to his father as well?
没 只和维克多说了
No, only with Victor.
他爸爸和其他人都在厅里
His father’s with the others in the hall.
我从厅里进来 那里没有人
I’ve just come from the hall. There’s no one there.
大概是上楼去视察屋子了
They must’ve gone upstairs. They’re viewing the house.
行了 安 够了
That’ll do, Anne! That’s enough!
你为什么要哭?
Now why were you crying?
是维克多在哭
It was Victor!
-他在哪里? -他从那边出去了
-So where is he now? -He went out through there!
那告诉我一个男孩
Would you mind telling me how a boy
门锁住了是怎么进出的?
can get in and out of this room if it’s locked?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章社交网络
下一篇文章老无所依
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!