You know, you can tell me things if you need to.
你想说什么就说
Well, you know what I did today?
你知道我今天做什么了吗
I, uh, I won the Pennsylvania Lottery in the morning,
我一早就赢了宾州彩券
I quit my jobs,
我辞掉了工作
and I ate a big picnic in the park with lots of chocolate mousse pie.
接着到公园去 吃了好多巧克力慕斯派
And then I swam in the fountain all afternoon.
下午还在喷泉里游泳
What’d you do?
你做了什么
I was picked first for kick ball teams at recess.
下课后我被选为棒球队的第一选手
I hit a grand slam to win the game.
我打了支满垒全垒打
Everybody lifted me up on their shoulders and carried me around, cheering.
同学把我抬起来大声欢呼
Well, in that case, I am gonna make you some triangle pancakes.
真不错 我替你煎三角形松饼
You got an hour.
一个钟头就好
Hi.

Wanna sit?
想坐吗
Don’t feel like talking today?
今天不想谈吗
Wanna play a game?
想玩游戏吗
It’s a mind reading game.
这是个猜谜游戏
Here’s how it works.
是这样玩的
I read your mind.
我猜你在想什么
If what I say is right, you take one step towards the chair.
我说对了 你就往前走一步
If what I say is wrong, you take one step back… towards the doorway.
如果我说错 你就往后一步退到门口
If you reach the chair, you sit down.
若你走到椅子旁就得坐下
If you reach the door, you can go.
若你退到门口就可以走
Wanna play?
想玩吗
Okay.

When your mother and father were first divorced,
你父母刚离婚时
your mom went to see a doctor like me, and he didn’t help her.
你妈妈找过我这种医生 他帮不了她
So you think I’m not going to be able to help you.
所以你觉得我也帮不了你
You’re worried that she said she told him things…
你很担心 她说她跟医生说了一些事
things she couldn’t tell anyone else.
一些她没跟别人说的事
Secrets.
一些秘密
You have a secret, but you don’t want to tell me.
你也有不想告诉我的秘密
Your dad gave you that watch as a present just before he went away.
你父亲走之前把那只表留给你
He forgot it in a drawer.
他把它忘在抽屉里了
Doesn’t work.
它坏了
You keep pretty quiet in school, but…
你在学校很安静 但
you’re a good student, you’ve never really been in any serious trouble.
你是好学生 从不闯祸
We were supposed to draw a picture.
有一次上美术课
Anything we wanted.
随便我们画什么
I drew a man.
我画了一个人
He got hurt in the neck by another man with a screwdriver.
另一人拿螺丝起子刺他脖子
You saw that on TV, Cole?
你在电视看到的吗
Everyone got upset.
老师很生气
They had a meeting.
他们找妈妈开会
Mom started crying.
妈妈开始哭
I don’t draw like that anymore.
后来我就不画这些了
How do you draw now?
你现在画什么
I draw… people smiling,
微笑的人们
dogs running,
奔跑的狗儿
rainbows.
还有彩虹
They don’t have meetings about rainbows.
画彩虹不会惹上麻烦
No. I guess they don’t.
没错 我想是不会
What am I thinking now?
我现在在想什么
I don’t know what you’re thinking now.
我不知道你在想什么
I was thinking…
我在想
you’re nice,
你人很好
but you can’t help me.
但是你帮不了我
I thought you meant the other Italian restaurant I asked you to marry me in.
我以为你说的是另一家餐厅
I’m so sorry, Anna.
安娜 对不起
I just can’t seem to keep track of time.
我最近老是忘了时间
And I didn’t have a very good session today.
今天的访谈也不太顺利
They’re both so similar.
他们俩非常相似
The same mannerisms, same expressions, same things hanging over their head.
相同的动作和表情 也有同样的心理问题
I think it might be some kind of abuse.
他可能有受到虐待
Cole has… scratches on his arm.
科尔的手上有抓痕
I think they might be fingernail cuts.
好像是被指甲抓伤
Defensive cuts, maybe. I don’t know.
也许是抗拒时抓伤的 我不知道
Maybe a teacher or a neighbor.
可能是老师或邻居
I don’t think it’s the mother. I’ve seen her with him, and it doesn’t seem to fit.
应该不是他母亲 我看过他们相处 看起来不像是她
Or I could just be wrong.
我也可能看错
Maybe he’s just a kid who likes to climb trees a lot.
也许他只是很喜欢爬树
Anna.
安娜
I know that I’ve been a little distant, all right?
我知道我疏远了你
I know that it makes you mad. I just…
我知道你很生气
feel like I’m being given a second chance, and I don’t want it to slip away.
但我觉得这是我弥补的机会 我不想错失它
Anna.
安娜
Happy anniversary.
结婚纪念日快乐
Stop looking at me.
别一直看我
I don’t like when people look at me like that.
我不喜欢被人这样看
I walk this way to school with Tommy Tammisimo.
我都跟汤米·唐一起上学
Is he your best buddy?
他是你的好朋友
He hates me.
他讨厌我
Do you hate him?
你也讨厌他
No.

Did your mom set that up?
这是你妈妈安排的
Yes.

Did you ever talk to your mom about how things are with Tommy?
你跟她说过汤米的事吗
I don’t tell her things. Why not?
我什么都不跟她说 为什么
‘Cause she doesn’t look at me like everybody else, and I don’t want her to.
我不希望她像别人那样看我
I don’t want her to know. Know what?
我不想让她知道 知道什么
That I’m a freak.
我是个怪胎
Hey.

You are not a freak. Okay?
你不是怪胎 好吗
Don’t you believe anybody that tries to convince you of that. That’s bullshit.
别相信别人说的话 那全是屁话
You don’t have to go through your life believing that.
你不必相信这种话
Okay?
好吗
Come on.
走吧
You said the S word. Yeah, I know. Sorry.
你说了脏话 我知道 对不起
So your dad lives in Pittsburgh with a lady…
你爸跟收费站小姐
that works in a toll booth?
住在一起
I wonder if she has to pee when she’s working.
她工作时尿急怎么办
Think she just holds it?
她会忍住吗
I don’t know. I was just thinking about that myself.
我不知道 我也在想这问题
You asked a lot of questions about Dad today.
今天你一直问起我爸
How come?
为什么
Well, sometimes we do things to draw attention,
有时我们会做些事引人注意
to express our feelings about certain issues…
以表达我们对某些事的感觉
divorce, whatever.
像离婚之类的事
For example, a person might leave something on the desk for someone else to find.
就像有些人会故意丢东西 让人找到
Do you know what free association writing is, Cole?
你知道自由联想书写法吗
No.
不知道
Free association writing is when you take a pencil in your hand,
自由联想书写法就是拿支笔
and you put the pencil to a piece of paper and you start writing.
在一张纸上开始写字
And you don’t look at what you’re writing or think about what you’re writing.
不去看或是想你在写什么
You just keep your hand moving.
只是不停地写
And after a while, if you keep your hand moving long enough,
你的手只要不停下来 过一阵子
words and thoughts start coming out that you didn’t even know you had in you.
那些你从不知道的思路会浮现出来
It could be something you heard somewhere else,
也许是 你在别处听到的事
or feelings you had deep inside of you.
或是藏在你内心深处的事
Have you ever done any free association writing, Cole?
你写过吗 不让婴儿安静我就宰了你
Yes.
写过
What did you write?
你都写些什么
Upset words.
令人不安的事
Did you ever write any upset words before your father left?
在你爸离开前 你写过那些事吗
I don’t remember.
我不记得了
Can you do something for me?
帮我个忙 好吗
I want you to think about what you wanna get out of our time together…
想想对于我们的访谈 你要什么结果
what our goal should be.
订个目标
Something I want?
我要什么
If you could change something in your life, anything at all,
如果你能改变你的人生

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章美丽心灵
下一篇文章虎胆龙威
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!