麦克白(1971)

The Tragedy of Macbeth

0
126

You made this known to us.
你们难道有那样的好耐性 能够忍♥受这样的屈辱吗
Is patience so predominant in your nature that you can let this go?
他的铁手已经快要把你们压下坟墓里去
Are you so gospelled to pray for this man
使你们的子孙永远做乞丐
and for his issue…
难道你们就这样虔敬 还要叫
…whose heavy hand has bowed you
你们替这个好人和他的子孙祈祷吗
to the grave and beggared yours forever?
陛下 我们是人总有人气
We are men, my liege.
按说 你们也算是人
Ay, in the catalogue ye go for men.
正像家狗 野狗 猎狗 叭儿狗 狮子狗
As hounds and greyhounds, mongrels, spaniels, curs, shoughs…
杂种狗 癞皮狗 统称为狗一样
…water-rugs and demi-wolves are clept, all by the name of dogs.
人也一样
And so of men.
要是你们在人类的行列之中
Now, if you have a station in the file…
并不属于最卑劣的一级
…not in the worst rank of manhood, say it.
那么说吧 我就可以把一件事情信托你们
And I will put that business in your bosoms…
不但可以除去你们的仇人
…whose execution takes your enemy off…
而且还可以永远受我的眷宠
…grapples you to the heart and love of us…
他一天活在世上
…who wear our health but sickly in his life…
我的心病一天不能痊愈
…which in his death were perfect.
我久受世间无情的打击和虐待
I am one whom the vile blows and buffets of the world have so incensed…
为了向这世界发泄我的怨恨起见 我什么事都愿意干
…that I am reckless what I do to spite the world.
我也这样
And I another.
你们两人都知道班柯是你们的仇人
Both of you know Banquo was your enemy.
-是的 陛下 -他也是我的仇人
-Ay, my lord. -So is he mine!
而且他是我的肘腋之患 他的存在每一分钟
Though I could with barefaced power sweep him from my sight…
都深深威胁着我生命的安全
…and bid my will avouch it.
因为他有几个朋友
Yet I must not, for certain friends…
同时也是我的朋友 我不能招致他们的反感
…that are both his and mine, whose loves I may not drop.
即使我亲手把他打倒
And thence it is, that I to your assistance do make love…
也必须假意为他的死亡悲泣
…masking the business from the common eye for sundry weighty reasons.
陛下 我们一定照您的命令做去你们的勇气
We shall perform what you command.
已经充分透露在你们的神情之间
Your spirits shine through you.
这件事情一定要在今晚干好 而且要离开王宫远一些
It must be done tonight, and some way from the palace.
同时为了免得留下枝节起见
And with him, to leave no rubs nor botches in the work…
你们还要把跟在他身边的他的儿子 弗里恩斯也一起杀了
…Fleance, his son that keeps him company…
他们父子两人的死 对于我是同样重要的
…whose absence is no less material to me than is his father’s…
必须拥抱黑暗时刻的命运
…must embrace the fate of that dark hour.
-决定分离自己 -我们下定决心了 陛下
-Resolve yourselves apart. -We are resolved, my lord.
建议他们安置在哪里
Advise them where to plant themselves.
啊 我的主
How now, my lord?
您为什么一个人孤零零的
Why do you keep alone…
让最悲哀的幻想做您的伴侣
…of sorriest fancies YOUr companions making?
无法挽回的事 只好听其自然 事情干了就算了
Things without all remedy should be without regard. What’s done is done.
我们不过刺伤了蛇身 却没有把它杀死
We have scorched the snake, not killed it.
可是让一切秩序完全解体
But let the frame of things disjoint.
为什么我们要在忧虑中进餐…
Ere we’ll eat our meal in fear…
在每夜使我们惊恐的恶梦的谑弄中睡眠呢
…and sleep in the affliction of the terrible dreams that shake us nightly.
我们为了希求自身的平安…
Better be with the dead…
可是我们的心灵却把我们磨折得 没有一刻平静的安息
…than on the torture of the mind to lie in restless ecstasy.
邓肯现在睡在他的坟墓里
Duncan is in his grave.
经过了一场人生的热病 他现在睡得好好的
After life’s fitful fever, he sleeps well.
叛逆已经对他施过最狠毒的伤害
Treason has done his worst.
再没有刀剑 毒药
Not steel, nor poison…
内乱 外患 可以加害于他了
…malice domestic, foreign levy, nothing can touch him further.
算了算了 我的好丈夫
Come on. Gentle, my lord.
把您的烦恼的面孔收起
Sleek o’er your rugged looks.
今天晚上您必须和颜悦色地招待您的客人
Be bright and jovial among your guests tonight.
正是 亲人
So shall I, love.
你也要这样
And so, I pray, be you.
我的头脑里充满着蝎子 亲爱的妻子
Full of scorpions is my mind, dear wife.
你知道班柯和他的弗里恩斯尚在人间
Thou knowst that Banquo and his Fleance live.
可是他们并不是长生不死的
But in them nature’s copy is not eterne.
那还可以给我几分安慰 他们是可以伤害的
There’s comfort yet. They are assailable.
所以你快乐起来吧
Then be thou jocund.
在蝙蝠完成它黑暗中的飞翔以前
Ere the bat hath flown his cloistered flight…
在振翅而飞的甲虫应答着赫卡忒的呼召
…ere to black Hecate’s summons…
用嗡嗡的声音摇响
…the shard-borne beetle with his drowsy hums…
催眠的晚钟以前
…hath rung night’s yawning peal…
将要有一件可怕的事情干完
…there shall be done a deed of dreadful note.
是什么事情
What’s to be done?
你暂时不必知道 最亲爱的宝贝
Be innocent of the knowledge,
等事成以后 你再鼓掌称快吧
dearest chuck, till thou applaud the deed.
来 使人盲目的黑夜
Come, seeling night…
遮住可怜的白昼的温柔的眼睛
…scarf up the tender eye of pitiful day.
用你的无形的毒手 毁除那使
And with thy bloody and invisible hand cancel and tear to pieces…
我畏惧的重大的绊脚石吧
…that great bond which keeps me pale.
天色在在朦胧起来 乌鸦都飞回到昏暗的林中
Light thickens, and the crow makes wing to the rooky wood.
一天的好事开始沉沉睡去
Good things of day begin to droop and drowse…
黑夜的罪恶的使者却在准备攫捕他们的猎物
…while night’s black agents to their prey do rouse.
-谁叫你来帮我们的 -麦克白
-Who did bid thee join with us? -Macbeth.
我们可以不必对他怀疑 他已经把我们的任务
He needs not our mistrust since he delivers our offices…
都指示给我们了 跟我们得到的命令相符
…and what we have to do to the direction just.
那么就跟我们站在一起吧 西方还闪耀着一线白昼的余辉
Well, stand with us. The west yet glimmers with some streaks of day.
我们守候的目标已经在那儿向我们走近
And near approaches the subject of our watch.
到时候…
By the clock ’tis day…
黑夜点亮了旅行的灯火
…and yet dark night strangles the travelling lamp.
是黑夜的优势还是白天的羞愧…
Is it night’s predominance or the day’s shame…
黑暗吞没了地球的表面
…that darkness does the face of earth entomb…
在白光要亲吻它的时候
…when living light should kiss it?
今晚恐怕要下雨
It will be rain tonight.
让它下吧
Let it come down!
阴谋
Treachery!
快逃 好弗里恩斯 逃
Fly, good Fleance, fly!

Fly!

Fly!
你的脸上有血
There’s blood upon thy face.
-那么它是班柯的 -你们已经把他结果了吗
-‘Tis Banquo’s then. -Is he despatched?
他的咽喉已经割破了 这是我♥干♥的事
His throat is cut. That I did for him.
你是一个最有本领的杀人犯
Thou art the best of the cutthroats.
可是谁杀死了弗里恩斯 也一样值得夸奖
Yet he’s good that did the like for Fleance.
要是你也把他杀了 那你才是一个无比的好汉
If thou didst that, thou art the nonpareil.
陛下 弗里恩斯逃走了
Most royal sir, Fleance is escaped.
我的心病又要发作了
Then comes my fif again,
本来可以像大理石一样完整 像岩石一样坚固
I had else been perfecf, whole as fhe marble, founded as fhe roch,
现在我却被恼人的疑惑和恐惧所包围拘束
Buf now I am cabined, confined, bound in fo saucy doubfs and fears,
-可是班柯安全吗 -是 陛下
-But Banquo’s safe? -Ay, my good lord.
他安安稳稳地躺在一条泥沟里 他的头上刻着二十道伤痕
Safe in a ditch he bides, with 2O trenched gashes on his head.
大蛇躺在那里
There the grown serpent lies.
那逃走了的小虫 将来会用它的毒液害人
The worm that’s fled hath nature that in time will venom breed.
可是现在它的牙齿还没有长成
No teeth for the present.
走吧 明天再来听候我的旨意
Get thee gone. Tomorrow we’ll hear ourselves again.
陛下 您还没有劝过客 请坐 热烈欢迎
You know your own degrees. Sit down. At first and last, a hearty welcome.
由于陛下你
Thanks to Your Majesty.
我们的主人很兴致
Our hostess keeps her state.
我们会汇合社会各界 做好谦逊的主人
Ourself will mingle with society and play the humble host.
-陛下 你没有给予欢迎 -很好的提醒
-My lord, you do not give the cheer. -Sweet remembrancer.
我敬满屋宾朋…
I drink to the general joy of the whole table…
以及我们想念的亲爱的班柯 他会来这里
…and to our dear friend Banquo, whom we miss. Would he were here.
班柯
Banquo!
请放量醉饱吧 愿各位胃纳健旺 身强力壮
Now good digestion wait on appetite, and health on both!
陛下请安坐
May it please Your Highness, sit.
请陛下上坐 让我们叨陪末席
Please it Your Highness to grace us with your royal company?
席上已经坐满了
The table’s full.
陛下 这儿是给您留着的一个位置
Here is a place reserved, sir.
-什么地方 -这儿 陛下
-Where? -Here, my good lord.
-你们哪一个人干了这件事 -什么事 陛下
-Which of you have done this? -What, my lord?
你不能说这是我♥干♥的事
Thou canst not say I did it.
-别这样对我摇着你的染着血的头发 -陛下病了
-Never shake thy gory locks at me. -His Highness is not well.
坐下 尊贵的朋友们
Sit, friends. My lord is often
王上常常这样 他从小就有这种毛病
thus and hath been from his youth.
请各位安坐吧 他的癫狂不过是暂时的
Keep seat. The fit is momentary.
一会儿就会好起来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!