我不怀疑你的放纵
I don’t question your indulgences.
我从来不玩火 维塔 因为我没有奢侈
I never play with fire, Vita, because I don’t have the luxury
调情与丑闻 因为你做
of flirting with scandal as you do
我总是 总是选择和你在一起
and I always, always choose to be with you in the end.
你从不冒险 柯松勋爵 雷蒙德
You never take risks? Lord Curzon, Raymond…
这种安排工作 因为我允许它
This arrangement works because I allow it!
你敢相信
Don’t you dare believe that!
我要你和我在一起 维塔
I want you with me, Vita.
今年我们在一起只有十个星期了
We’ve been together for only ten weeks this year.
我觉得没有你这一切毫无意义
I find it all so meaningless without you.
它伤害了我 维塔
It hurts me, Vita.
-嗯 多久 -只有四五个月
– Well, for how long? – Only four or five months.
-只有 -想想看到波斯
– Only? – Think of seeing Persia.
是的
Yes.
你认为你可以给我们写另一个旅行集吗 维塔
Do you think you might write another travelogue for us, Vita?
“厄瓜多尔的的诱惑者”是新闻界的成功之一
“Seducers in Ecuador” was such a success for the press.
我以为你不会问的
I thought you’d never ask.
它可能给陈旧的家务注入一些活力
It might breathe some life into the stale domestic duties
我必须为哈罗德表演
I’ll have to perform for Harold.
当然 我再也见不到你了
Of course, I’ll never see you again.
当然 你会再见到我的
Of course, you’ll see me again.
你认为我会被强盗绑♥架♥吗
Do you think I’m going to get kidnapped by brigands?

No.
我知道这不会让你嫉妒
I know it doesn’t make you envious.
你喜欢你迷雾的老布卢姆斯伯里
You prefer your misty old Bloomsbury.
但我确实希望莱纳德能让我把你偷走
But I do wish Leonard would let me steal you away.
把你带到我身边 把你放在阳光下…
Take you with me, put you in the sun…
我希望你不要再说那样的话了
And I wish you would stop saying things like that.
你知道这永远不可能
You know it would never be possible.
我会想念你的
I shall miss you..
…比你想象的还多
…more than you’ll ever believe.
她从来不会说这么简单的话
She’d never say anything as simple as that
她会吗 莱纳德
would she, Leonard?
她衣着她所说的一切
She clothes everything she says
在如此精致的短语 事情失去了他们的意义
in such exquisite phrases, things lose their meaning.
也许你不明白真♥相♥的本质
Maybe you don’t understand the nature of the truth
弗吉尼亚出土的
that Virginia unearths.
她有我所知道的最清醒的头脑
She has the clearest mind I’ve ever known.
总是 永远 总是 我试着说出我的感受
Always, always, always, I try to say how I feel.
我会非常想念你的
I shall miss you dreadfully.
这里的一切看起来都显得沉闷和潮湿
Everything here will seem dull and damp
如果你不相信 你就一个”大人”
and if you don’t believe that, you’re an ass.
那里 对你来说够简单吗
There. Is that simple enough for you?
我想我们最好说再见 维塔
I think we’d better be saying goodbye, Vita.
我不会再让你想要我了
I shan’t make you want me anymore
像这样放弃自己
by giving myself away like this.
你不认为我这么无情 是吗
You can’t think me that ruthless, can you?
吉妮娅
Ginia.
关门 那里很苦
Close the door. It’s bitter out there.
我与埃及打交道的唯一方法是按字母顺序排列
The only way I can deal with Egypt is alphabetically.
阿♥拉♥巴斯特 美国人 阿♥拉♥伯人
Alabaster, Americans, Arabs
溴化物 水牛 乞丐
bromides, buffaloes, beggars
骆驼 鳄鱼 巨人
camels, crocodiles, colossi
灰尘 德维什 沙漠
dust, dervishes, desert
埃及人 欢欣鼓舞 家伙 苍蝇
Egyptians, elation, fellaheen, flies
山羊 花岗岩 酒店 象形文字
goats, granite, hotels, hieroglyphics
伊姆希 无知 吉布巴 柯达
imshi, ignorance, jibbahs, Kodaks
莱万提斯 木乃伊 泥 百万富翁
Levantines, mummies, mud, millionaires
努比亚 黑石
Nubia, obsidian
金字塔 采石场 废墟 石棺
pyramids, quarries, ruins, sarcophagi
图坦卡蒙 乌托邦 秃鹰 弗吉尼亚
Tutankhamun, utopia, vultures, Virginia.
我感到消散了
I feel dissipated..
…和漫无目的
…and aimless.
平淡
Insipid.
不安
Restless.
弗吉尼亚
Virginia.
我觉得好像是一池黑的粘水
I feel as if a dark pool of sticky water
关闭我
were closing over me.
是你不在这里
It’s that you’re not here.
达洛威夫人真的发生过什么事吗
Does anything ever actually happen to Mrs. Dalloway?
没有 她只是给聚会
Not really. She just gives the party.
天哪 我被迷住了
Golly, I’m hooked.
你的法利赛人有更多的诗
More poetry from your Pharisee?
当然 他爱上你了
He’s in love with you, of course.
他还在教你阿♥拉♥伯语吗
Is he still teaching you Arabic?
不 这是从弗吉尼亚来
No, this is from Virginia.
你终于抓到你的猎物了
You’ve finally caught your prey?
-我想我有 -你现在高兴吗
– I suppose I have. – Are you happy now?
“‘夫人拉姆齐 “莉莉哭了
“‘Mrs. Ramsay, ‘ Lily cried..
“…但什么也没发生
“…but nothing happened.
“‘痛苦可以减少一个
“‘The anguish could reduce one
这样的一个愚蠢的球场 “她认为
to such a pitch of imbecility, ‘ she thought.”
很好 吉妮娅总是好的
It’s good, Ginia. It’s always good.
多么粗鲁我想看到你试试看
How very rude. I’d like to see you give it a go.
她刚完成《灯塔》
She just finished “To The Lighthouse.”
太了不起了
It’s remarkable.
在她的信中如此困惑
So confused in her letters.
这就是我读到的
It’s what I read.
维塔的过去就是我的未来
What is in Vita’s past is all in my future
但在阅读它 在消费它
but in reading it, in consuming it..
…突然间一切都结束了
…suddenly it’s all over.
她不再在俾路支省滑行了
She’s no longer coasting in Baluchistan.
她在巴格达坐出租车
She’s riding in a cab in Baghdad.
她刚刚睡着了她死了
She’s just asleep. She’s dead.
目前的紧张已经变得毫无意义
The present tense has become meaningless.
我听说她从卢克索一路旅行
I heard she traveled all the way from Luxor
到开罗的火车着火了
to Cairo with the train on fire.
是的 火焰从车厢下面舔出来
Yes! Flames licking out from under the carriage.
所有那些闷闷不美的外交官
All those smoldering diplomats.
和所有的混乱 所有的暴♥力♥
And all that chaos, all that violence.
-你知道她说了什么吗 -什么
– Do you know what she said? – What?
简单地说 它给了她一个挥之不去的遗憾
Simply that it gave her a lingering regret
东南地区
for the Southeastern.
是的
Yeah.
她还写了什么
And what else does she write of?
她爬过雪地
She’s crawled through ramparts of snow
被土匪袭击
been attacked by bandits
看到山与铜硫酸盐染色
seen hills stained with copper sulfate
夜幕降临的泥镇
mud towns at nightfall
死骆驼被秃鹰叮咬 垂死的人
dead camels pecked by vultures, dying men.
她让你想写还是活着
And does she make you want to write or to live?
两者都是
Both.
但是如何理解她 邓肯
But how to make sense of her, Duncan?
-你什么意思 -她所有的碎片
– What do you mean? – All her fragments.
她让我觉得语言好像不够
She makes me feel as if language is miserably insufficient.
破碎
Broken.
你必须让眼睛舔起来
You must let the eye lick it all up.
所有的美味
All that deliciousness
然后大脑就会安定下来
and then the brain will settle itself down
看着事情发生
and watch things happening
没有麻烦自己思考
without troubling itself to think.
是的 眼睛舔它 但大脑不能
Yes, the eye licks it up, but the brain can’t.
-…大脑不能. -什么
– The… the brain can’t.. – What?
什么
What?
-什么 -直播
– What? – Live.
-维吉尼亚 你没事吧 -我很抱歉
– Virginia, are you alright? – I’m so sorry.
眼睛和大脑
The eye and the brain..
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
…眼睛和大脑
The… the eye and the brain..
我不能
I can’t..

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!