我相信维塔可以安慰自己
I’m sure Vita can console herself
与她巨大的财富和特权
with her vast wealth and privilege.
来吧 朱利安让我们播放你的新唱片吧
Come on, Julian. Let’s play your new record.
我依靠你们这一代人
I’m relying on your generation
完全摆脱阶级系统
to get rid of the class system altogether.
-来吧 维吉尼亚 -嗯
– Come on, Virginia. – Mm?
让我们听听你的浪漫吧
Let us hear about your romance.
你和维塔上♥床♥了吗
Have you been to bed with Vita yet?
-是的 邓肯我有 -你有吗
– Yes, Duncan. I have. – You have?
-瓦内萨 莱纳德会听到的 -我想他可能知道
– Vanessa, Leonard will hear. – I think he probably knows.
感觉如何
And how does it feel?
我从来没有经历过如此完美的事
I’ve never experienced anything so perfectly..
…难以形容的物理
…indescribably physical.
花♥园♥全部被挖了 篱笆被栽种了
The garden is all dug over, hedges planted
大量的橙色百合在边境
masses of orange lilies in the borders
和油罐里的新玫瑰
and new roses in the oil jars.
所以 我们现在真正要做的就是摆脱杨树
So really all we have to do now is get rid of the poplars
把丁香从窗下的床上取下
and remove the lilac from the bed under the window.
把伍尔夫夫人从你房♥间的床上移开
And remove Mrs. Woolf from the bed in your room.
除了我喜欢伍尔夫
Apart from the fact that I like the Woolfs
你必须知道 维蒂 这很危险
you must know, Vitti, that it’s dangerous.
哈吉亲爱的 请不要着急
Hadji darling, please don’t be anxious.
我把她当作朋友 但我不爱她
I’m devoted to her as a friend, but I’m not in love with her.
这是属灵性的东西 我想 她让我的理由
It’s a spiritual thing. She grounds me, I think.
她强迫我认真思考
She forces me to think seriously.
没有你 我是如此悲惨和孤独
I’ve been so wretched and lonely without you.
你绝对没有什么可嫉妒的
There’s absolutely nothing for you to be jealous about.
这不是我们的生活方式 维蒂
This is not how we live, Vitti.
我愿意
I do.
我真的爱你
I do love you.
阿♥拉♥巴斯特 美国人 阿♥拉♥伯人
All those sparkling minds you surround yourself with..
…他们中没有人像我爱你那样爱你
…none of them love you as much as I love you.
莱纳德会严格要求我的
Leonard’s going to be strict with me.
他说我做的太多了
He says I’ve been doing too much.
你会离开莱纳德和我一起走吗
Would you ever leave Leonard and come away with me?
我是认真的
I’m serious.
你将
Will you?
-离开莱纳德 -是的
– Leave Leonard? – Yes.
我不能
I can’t.
我会失去立足点我
I’d lose my footing. I..
我可以毫无畏惧地和他一起生活在完美的自♥由♥中
I can live in perfect freedom with him without any fear.
你知道你比任何人都打破更多的障碍
You know you’ve broken down more barriers than anyone
但我不能
but I can’t.
我实在不能
I simply can’t.
如果你让我陷入困境 我会伤害你
If you leave me stranded, I will hurt you.
我知道我会的
I know I will.
为什么你总是要抓住更多
Why must you always grasp for more?

Mmm.
即使我和你在床上
Even when I’m in bed with you
你坚持要捏造幻想
you insist on conjuring fantasies.
你带着你的恐惧 我带着我的幻想
You with your fears, me with my fantasies.
也许我们的版本根本不兼容
Maybe our perversions simply aren’t compatible.
我不明白你为什么不能和我在一起
I don’t see why you couldn’t stay with me
再多几天
for a few days longer.
你可以在诺尔写得很好
You could write perfectly well at Knole.
我不能忍♥受把你送回布卢姆斯伯里
I can’t bear delivering you back to Bloomsbury.
你知道我需要在那里写清楚…
You know I need to be there to write clearly…
我不喜欢想你们都在那里
I don’t like to think of you all cooped up down there
伦纳德大惊小怪你
with Leonard fussing over you.
我需要莱纳德
I need Leonard.
我爱他
And I love him.
他如何确保我安定下来
How he makes sure that I’m settled..
…我很好
…that I’m well.
但你是
But you are.
你很好
You are well.
我花了这么长时间才发现
It’s taken me such a long time to find..
…平衡
…balance.
你知道如果你不是一个人我会怎么做吗
Do you know what I would do if you weren’t a person
如此严格吗
to be so strict with?
今晚我把电机从车♥库♥里偷出来
I’d steal my motor out of the garage tonight
在布卢姆斯伯里11:00前
be in Bloomsbury by 11:00
朝你的窗户扔石头
and throw stones at your window.
你会下来让我进来
You’d come down and let me in
我会陪你一整夜
and I’d stay with you all night.
但你是你 我不能
But you being you, I can’t.
对于另一个弗吉尼亚 我会在晚上飞往伦敦
For a different Virginia, I’d fly to London in the night.
你有我一样多 我必须付出
You have as much of me as I have to give.
维塔 如果你的承诺是一个挑战
Vita, if your promise was a challenge..
那就来吧
…come then.
今晚来
Come tonight.
错失良机了
Chance missed.
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
你和莱纳德会来见哈罗德和我吗
Will you and Leonard meet Harold and I together?
我正打算建议周末日食
I was going to suggest the weekend of the eclipse.
哈罗德非常希望你们两个都来
Harold does so much want you both to come.
我忽略了感谢你的善意评论
I neglected to thank you for your kind review
我的书 弗吉尼亚
of my book, Virginia.
这是一个相当的成就 哈罗德
It was quite an achievement, Harold.
你写你的字符 仿佛他们是一次
You wrote your characters as if they were at once
真实和想象
real and imaginary.
传记可以扩大我们对人真正是谁的理解
Biographies can enlarge our understanding of who people really are
在奇数的角落里挂镜子
by hanging up mirrors in odd corners.
我不禁想 这样做是多么重要
I can’t help but think how essential it is to do so
当我们生活在一个千台摄像机的时代
when we live in an age where a thousand cameras
从各个角度指向每个人
are pointed at every person from every angle.
报纸 政♥治♥
Newspapers, politics..
…八卦
gossip.
八卦
Gossip.
你认为维塔将如何呈现她的传记作者
How do you suppose Vita will be rendered by her biographer?
作为一个外交官的妻子和著名的小说家
As a diplomat’s wife and a celebrated novelist?
或一个可消耗的情人
Or an insatiable lover
臭名昭著的她尝试
notorious for her trysts
折磨她她可怜的丈夫
for the torment to which she subjected her poor husband?
我想这取决于你自己的章节
I suppose that depends on how your own chapter
维塔将结束
with Vita will end.
如果我们在查尔斯顿谈话
If we were talking at Charleston
听到爱情 我们会很惊讶的
we’d be surprised to hear about love.
克莱夫说他已经解决了
Clive says he’s worked it out.
一个人每天花三个小时在食物上
And one spends three hours a day on food,
六个睡觉 四个在工作 两个在爱
six on sleep, four on work and two on love.
瓦内萨说十关于爱情
Vanessa says ten on love.
我说了一整天的爱情
I say a whole day on love.
我说它通过紫色的阴影看东西
I say it’s seeing things through a purple shade.
但是你从来没有恋爱过 他们说
But you’ve never been in love, they say.
你认为一个人在性上要花多少时间
How many hours do you suppose one spends on sex..
…并思考它
…and thinking about it
把感觉在你的脑海中翻过来
turning the sensation of it over in your mind
它的鬼魂
the ghost of it?
每个人的身体都受它困扰
Everyone’s body is haunted by it
很久之后的混响结束了
long after its reverberations are over.
最亲爱的生物
Dearest creature.
当我再次见到你时.
And when I see you again..
…我越来越想要你
…I want you more and more.
你知道 你喜欢认为我不开心
You like to think of me unhappy, I know.
我写信给你是多么美好啊
How nice it is of me to be writing to you
当你根本不给我写信的时候
when you’re not writing to me at all.
她在这里吗
Is she here?
生活
Vita?
我哪儿也没见过她 但我知道邓肯问她
I haven’t seen her anywhere, but I know Duncan asked her.
也许她这个星期不能进城了
Perhaps she can’t get up to town this week.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!