眼睛和.
The eye and..
眼睛和.
The eye and..
吉尼亚
Ginia?
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
弗吉尼亚 等
Virginia. Wait!
给她一点时间
Just give her a moment.
弗吉尼亚
Virginia.
我觉得我的头脑好像被驱使了
I feel as though my mind were driven
到我身体的一些偏僻角落
to some remote corner of my body.
别担心 亲爱的
Don’t worry, my darling.
我会把你带回水面
I’ll bring you back to the surface.
给她所有通常的镇静剂
Give her all the usual sedatives.
绝对的休息和安静
Absolute rest and quiet.
我们可能只是避免危机
We might just avoid a crisis.
她在写字吗
Is she writing?
她刚写完一本小说
She’s just finished a novel.
我担心写作会带来崩溃
I fear the writing is what brings on the breakdowns.
如果你停止她的写作 她会死的
If you stop her writing, she’ll die.
我有时觉得女人无法应付
I sometimes feel that women can’t cope
太多的灰质
with too much gray matter.
当然我不是医生
Well, I’m not a doctor, of course
但我知道有几个人谁有过不稳定的回合
but I do know a few men who’ve had bouts of instability
虽然我不能说是不是因为他们的天才
though I couldn’t say whether it was because of their genius.
我确实认为世界相当缺乏聪明的头脑
I do think the world is rather short of brilliant minds
我很高兴看到它的性别
and I’m happy to see it in either sex.
我们拒绝女人的声音是愚蠢的
What fools would we be to deny women a voice
免得他们嘲笑我们
lest they laugh at us?
医生送我上♥床♥睡觉了
The doctor has sent me to bed.
试图禁止所有的写作
Tried to forbid all writing.
所以这是我的天鹅之歌♥
So this is my swansong.
有一件事仍然是灯塔
One thing has remained a beacon..
…这过去六个星期躺在床上
…these past six weeks of lying in bed.
你相信我的力量
You believe in my strength..
…我不是无效的
…that I am no invalid.
我希望你好
I wish that you were well
你可以来看我
and that you could come and see me
所以我们可以一起活在当下
so we may live in the present moment together.
你必须保证会好起来
You must promise to get better.
你是一个非常 非常了不起的人
You are a very, very remarkable person.
你是一个永恒的成就
You are one perpetual achievement.
我已经决定要你
I’ve settled down to wanting you..
…顽强
…doggedly..
…惨淡经营
…dismally..
…忠实
…faithfully.
我希望这终于让你高兴
I hope at last this pleases you.
这对我来说太不愉快了
It’s damned unpleasant for me.
我要回家了
I need to go home.
是维吉尼亚 不是吗
It’s Virginia, isn’t it?
-萨拉姆·阿莱库姆 -瓦拉库姆·萨拉姆
– Salaam alaikum. – Walaikum salaam.
与她全面的事情
A full- blown affair with her
就像在油箱上抽烟一样
would be like smoking over a petrol tank.
阿尔罕杜利拉
Alhamdulillah.
上帝 下一个亲吻我的手的人
God, the next person who kisses my hand
会打他的脸
will get his face slapped.
-晚上好 -晚上好
– Good evening. – Good evening.
虚伪 哈罗德厚颜无♥耻♥的虚伪
Hypocrisy, Harold. Brazen hypocrisy.
我很清楚你相信自己
It’s clear to me that you believe yourself
爱上维吉尼亚
to be in love with Virginia.
所以 让我说我不能
So let me say what I couldn’t
在那可怕的混乱与紫罗兰
during that dreadful confusion with Violet.
有几种爱 维塔
There are several kinds of love, Vita.
你为维吉尼亚的人住在这里
Yours for Virginia lives here.
它收缩
It constricts.
它惊慌失措 它消耗
It panics. It consumes.
它是自私和腐蚀性的
It is selfish and corrosive.
另一个.
The other..
…是一切你美好的盛宴
…is an outpouring of everything good in you..
…它住在这里
…and it lives here.
这就是我对你的感觉
It is what I feel for you.
我要回去了
I’m going back.
对不起 她真的不能见任何人
I’m sorry, but she really mustn’t see anyone.
我肯定你明白
I’m sure you understand.
你确定我帮不了她振作起来
You’re sure even I couldn’t help cheer her up?
这并不像为她加油那么简单 维塔
It isn’t quite so simple as just cheering her up, Vita.
-嗯. -我很难说服她喝杯牛奶
– Well.. – I’m having trouble convincing her to take a glass of milk.
这可能有点雄心勃勃
This may be a little ambitious.
答案是肯定的
Of course.
我真傻
How silly of me.
我 我 我不认为你会跟我这么过对
I… I… I don’t think you’d be quite so cross with me
如果你知道我有多赞同
if you knew how very much I approve
你对维吉尼亚的照顾
of your care of Virginia.
我只是觉得我能帮你们一点轻松
I just thought I could help ease things a little for you all
如果她来陪我
if she came to stay with me.
我是从哈罗德图书馆给你带的
I brought this for you from Harold’s library.
我想它可能会分散你的注意力
I thought it might distract you.
我对她很好 你知道 莱纳德
I am good for her, you know, Leonard.
我不怀疑这话有真话
I don’t doubt there’s some truth in that.
你会告诉我 如果她有任何…危险
You will let me know if she’s in any… danger?
我保证
I promise.
现在她已经睡了几个小时了
Now she’s been able to sleep for a few hours..
…并停止说话不连贯
…and stopped talking incoherently.
但是她还是不吃
But she still won’t eat.
我会尽我所能说服她
I’ll do what I can to persuade her.
你觉得吉尼亚会和维塔在一起怎么样
What do you think of Ginia going to stay with Vita?
-维吉尼亚想见她吗 -是的
– Does Virginia want to see her? – Yes.
也许这对她有好处
Maybe it would be good for her.
然后是维塔的名声
Then there’s Vita’s reputation.
维塔可以试着引诱她
Well, Vita can try to seduce her
但是她不会走得太远 是吗
but she wouldn’t get very far, will she?
她并没有完全缺乏身体的欲望 内萨
She’s not entirely devoid of physical desire, Nessa!
哦 我的天哪 莱纳德 当然不是
Oh, my goodness, Leonard, of course not.
好吧 如果你认为要和维塔在一起会对她有好处
Well, if you think going to stay with Vita will do her good..
…我不能阻止她
…I shan’t stop her.
我知道这对你很难 莱纳德
I know it’s very hard on you, Leonard.
我根本不相信嫉妒 内萨
I simply don’t believe in jealousy, Nessa.
一个人必须搞砸它
One must screw it up
把它扔出去 就像一份无用的手稿
and throw it out like a useless manuscript.
终于再次单独和你在一起 这可是个多么轻松的
What a relief it is to finally be alone with you again.
我答应过莱纳德 我会在11点前让你上♥床♥睡觉
I promised Leonard I’d have you in bed by 11:00
我总是努力遵守我的承诺
and I always try to keep my promises.
我甚至想不上睡觉
I can’t even think of sleeping.
我有一百万件东西
I have a million things
没有这么多说 沉入你
not so much to say, as to sink into you.
我想知道死亡是否有这种感觉
I wonder if death feels anything like that.
好像是突然的
It’s as if all of a sudden..
…时间被卡住了
…time gets stuck..
…你会感到空虚
…and you feel empty.
你高兴吗
Are you happy?
是的
Yes.
但我比以前更了解你吗
But do I know you better than before?
我觉得她很漂亮 吉妮娅
I do think she is very beautiful, Ginia.
她是古代种族的贵族
She’s an aristocrat of an ancient race.
所有的祖先
Well, all that ancestry
当然已经孕育了完美的身体
certainly has bred a perfect body.
我以为你很欣赏她的写作
And I thought you admired her writing.
只是为了激怒你 吉尼亚
Only to rile you, Ginia.
她几乎不打破界限
She’s hardly breaking boundaries.
哦 别是酸性的 克莱夫
Oh, don’t be acidic, Clive.
女人工作不容易
It isn’t easy for a woman to work.
不 别担心 内萨
No, don’t worry, Nessa.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!