我不会上飞机 像以前那样把你带回来
I shan’t get into an aeroplane, bring you back as I did before.
我将震惊全国 私奔到加德满都
I shall shock the nation and elope to Kathmandu
与科松勋爵
with Lord Curzon.
我依靠你的判断力 维蒂
I rely on your discretion, Vitti.
我自己的生活取决于它
My own life depends on it.
你不会加入我的小作家俱乐部
You won’t join my little writers’ club
所以我必须把最新的手稿附上来
so I shall have to enclose my latest manuscript here.
我很想知道你的想法
I would so love to know what you think.
如果你喜欢 我的下一个是你的
If you like it, my next is yours.
一份礼物 如果霍加思出版社愿意的话
A gift, if the Hogarth Press would like it.
哦 亲爱的我们现在必须读它
Oh, dear. We’ll have to read it now.
你承认她确实卖♥♥了
You admitted she does sell.
你不是建议我们请她为我们写信吗
You’re not suggesting we ask her to write for us?
我们可以用畅销书
We could do with a bestseller.
别忘了我们还有汤姆·艾略特和西格蒙德·弗洛伊德来卖♥♥
Don’t forget we’ve got Tom Eliot and Sigmund Freud to sell too.
但也许我们应该考虑一下
B… but maybe we should think about it.
但不是她的诗 我乞求你 我不会打印一个字
But not her poetry, I beg you. I won’t print a word of that.
Hsa
Ha!
我没有失去更好的了解你的胃口
I haven’t lost the appetite to know you better.
所以你一定很和蔼
So you must be very kind
因为我会非常勇敢 问
because I’m going to be very brave and ask
你会和我一起去旅行吗
would you ever come traveling with me?
这个提议对你有吸引力吗
Does the proposal seem attractive to you?
我很受宠若惊
I’m very flattered.
我猜伍尔夫太太知道你问过我
I presume Mrs. Woolf knows you’ve asked me?
当然 我们总是共同决策
Of course, we always make joint decisions
关于我们出版的作家
about the writers we publish.
我会请她加入我们
I would ask her to join us
但当门上有十字架时
but when there’s a cross on that door
她在写
she’s writing
禁止所有人打扰她
and everyone is forbidden to disturb her.
甚至是她丈夫
Even her husband?
甚至她的丈夫
Even her husband.
所以她在这一切中写下来
So she writes down here amidst all this?
哦 朱利安
Oh, Julian.
一本简短的旅行书 很适合我们
A short, maybe a travel book, will suit us very well.
但是我们把它留给你吧
But we leave it to you.
-吉妮娅阿姨 我买♥♥了我们… -朱利安
– Aunt Ginia, I bought us… – Julian!
尼科尔森夫人在这里 维吉尼亚
Mrs. Nicolson is here, Virginia.
-是吗 -你感觉如何
– Is she? – How are you feeling?
我的头好一点了 现在我已经说了几句
My head’s a little better now I’ve let some words out.
朱利安亲爱的 他们看起来棒极了
Julian darling, they look wonderful.
你有什么要我读的吗
Have you got something for me to read?
好吧 如果它写得很糟糕
Well, if it’s terribly written
至少报纸会很好吃
at least the paper will be delicious.
伍尔夫先生说你不会被打扰
Mr. Woolf said you weren’t to be disturbed.
我正奋力阅读乔伊斯先生
I was battling to read Mr. Joyce.
你要为我们写信吗
Are you going to write for us?
从来没有人扔下手套
No one has ever yet thrown down a glove
我还没准备好接电♥话♥
I was not ready to pick up.
我在意大利遇到哈罗德
I’m meeting Harold in Italy.
在山峰上和绿色湖泊旁边
On the peaks of mountains and beside green lakes
我将写我的故事
I shall write my story.
我会闭上耳朵 对争吵的河流
I’ll shut my ears to the brawling rivers.
我要把鼻子塞到松树的气味上
I’ll shut my nose to the scent of the pines.
我会专注于我的故事…给你的
I’ll concentrate on my story… for you.
我一定走了
I must be going.
你会逃学到布卢姆斯伯里吗
Would you ever play a truant to Bloomsbury
和我一起去旅行
and come traveling with me?
你可以把它看成副本
You could look on it as copy.
我相信你看着一切
I believe you look on everything
每个人 作为副本
on everyone, as copy.
呃.
Uh..
再见 伍尔夫夫人
Goodbye, Mrs. Woolf.
我觉得我好像想给你写一封长信
I feel as though I should like to write you a long letter.
一封没完没了的信
An endless letter.
页面和页面
Pages and pages.
自从我离开英国 我就像一个人
Ever since I left England, I’ve been like a person
处于醉酒的晚期
in an advanced stage of intoxication.
不是用杜松子酒和口香糖制成的鸡尾酒
Cocktails made not of gin and vermouth
但兴奋和痛苦
but of thrill and misery
冒险和思乡
adventure and homesickness.
告诉我你一直在看谁
Tell me who you’ve been seeing..
…即使我从没听说过
…even if I’ve never heard of them.
我可以时不时地见到你的感觉
I can get the sensation of seeing you now and then..
…但我发现你走了
…but then I find you going off.
我们很少认识任何人
How little we know anyone.
只运动
Only movements.
手势
Gestures.
没有连接
Nothing connected..
…连续
…continuous..
…深刻
…profound.
你不觉得这些亲密的哲学有点粗俗吗
Don’t you find all this intimate philosophizing a bit vulgar?
Tsk
Tsk.
我不知道你为什么在乎她怎么想
I don’t know why you care what she thinks.
他们很幸运能抓住你你的书卖♥♥ 她的不卖♥♥
They’re lucky to get you. Your books sell, hers don’t.
我想让她佩服我
I want her to admire me.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
我希望你不会成为格洛姆斯伯里
I hope you’re not about to become a Gloomsbury.

Ooh!
我不敢相信你 这是不可接受的
I can’t believe you! This is unacceptable.
-请尽量冷静下来 -试着冷静下来
– Please try to calm down. – Try to calm down?
你期望我当他睡在床上时让我平静下来
How do you expect me to calm down when you’re on his bed?
我不能 我受不了 维塔 我不会的
I can’t. I can’t bear it, Vita, and I won’t!
试着冷静下来
Try to calm down?
我不认为我们俩有什么用
I don’t think there’s any use in either of us
玩受伤的派对 杰弗里
playing wounded party, Geoffrey.
你不能像对待我那样对待爱情
Well, you can’t treat love the way you treated mine.
真的 你不能
Truly, you can’t.
这里什么都没发生
Nothing that’s happened here
一直不是十分可爱
hasn’t been perfectly lovely.
-我们都是成年人 -早上好 杰弗里
– We’re both adults. – Morning, Geoffrey.
嗯 你有它
Well, there you have it.
我不知道我该怎么鼓起勇气
I don’t know how I’m going to summon the courage
看到伍尔夫没有听说过
to see the Woolfs without having heard
关于我的书的一个字
a single word about my book.
你认为他们很讨厌它吗
Do you think they hated it very much?
也许他们都想告诉你
Perhaps they both want to tell you
多么奇妙的人
how marvelous it was in person.
你知道我怎么想吗
You know what I think?
这是自我意识和人工的
It’s self- conscious and artificial.
你试着像伍尔夫夫人那样写作 但你不能
You’ve tried to write like Mrs. Woolf, but you can’t.
为什么你想 我无法想象
And why you should want to, I can’t imagine.
多蒂和杰弗里
Dottie and Geoffrey.
一次违反两次婚姻
Trespassing on two marriages at once.
并不严重
It isn’t serious.
维吉尼亚和我必须互相安慰
Virginia and I will have to console each other.
如果你不介意的话 我想把它献给你
I’d like to dedicate it to you, if you don’t mind.
上次我们见面时 你说你认为
When we last met, you said you thought
我看着一切 每个人都作为副本
I looked on everything, everyone as copy.
我有吗
Did I?
你不可能指责可怜的弗吉尼亚
You couldn’t have accused poor Virginia
是那个雇佣兵 可以吗 维塔
of being that mercenary, could you, Vita?
她做到了
She did.
它给了我很大的痛苦
It gave me a great deal of pain.
你是否曾想过你说的话或你的意思
Do you ever mean what you say or say what you mean?
还是你只是喜欢迷惑人们
Or do you just enjoy baffling the people
谁想爬得更近一点
who try to creep a little nearer?
你很清楚我喜欢你
You know very well that I like you.
很棒的很多
A fabulous lot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!