-你读过吗 -没有
– Have you read it? – No.
她绝对不会让我看草稿的
She absolutely won’t let me see a draft.
-柏林怎么样 -没有你可可怜 维塔
– How’s Berlin? – Miserable without you, Vita.
是的 我很想找到你
Yes, I’m desperate to get to you.
我感觉自己好像在发痒
I feel as if I’m itching all over.
-你什么时候能来 -我想过几天
– When can you come? – In a few days, I think.
你确定所有的时间与维塔
Are you sure all this time with Vita
你是不是太紧张了
isn’t too much of a strain on you?
你不觉得我看起来充满了生命吗
Do you not think I look full of life?
是吗
You do.
但是你高兴吗
But are you happy?
我欣喜若狂 欣喜若狂
I’m rapturously, ecstatically happy.
我可以在一夜之间彻底改变传记
I can revolutionize biography overnight
与一个英雄的故事 谁变成一个女主角
with the story of a hero who turns into a heroine
她原来是虚构的
and she turns out to be fiction.
当然 这就是所有的传记
Which is, of course, what all biographies are.
…现在结束了
…now are ended.
这些我们的演员 正如我预言你
These our actors, as I foretold you
所有的精神和融化
were all spirits and are melted..
…变成稀薄的空气
…into thin air.
你必须去吗 我们有许多工作要做
Must you go? We have so much work to do.
我必须去柏林拜访哈罗德
I must visit Harold in Berlin.
我不能离开一个外交官没有一个孝顺的妻子太久
I can’t leave a diplomat without a dutiful wife for too long.
这是重要的工作 维塔
This is important work, Vita.
你是革命的一部分
You’re part of something like a revolution.
从来没有女人的传记 不是这样的
There’s never been a woman’s biography, not like this.
贞洁 谦虚 总是阻止它
Chastity, modesty, have always prevented it.
当然 我也没有这些
And, of course, I have neither of those.
我希望你能认真对待一些事情 维塔
I wish you would take something seriously, Vita.
我试图捕捉你的本质
I’m trying to capture your essence.
传记总是描述事情
Biographies have always described the things
发生在人
that happened to the person
不是那些事情发生的人
not the person to whom those things happened.
我试着进入你
I’m trying to tunnel into you.
你不明白这有多重要吗
Do you not understand how important this is?
这有多特别
How special this is?
我是多么幸运 我想
And how lucky I am, I suppose
是伟大的伍尔夫夫人的缪斯
to be the great Mrs. Woolf’s muse.
如果
And what if
毕竟隧♥道♥ 你在那里什么也没找到
after all that tunneling you find nothing there?
一旦你用你的钢笔把我压住了
Once you’ve pinned me down with your pen..
…你会怎么处理我
…what will you do with me?
还是你会跟我完
Or will you be finished with me?
我不知道
I don’t know.
萨克维尔夫人
Lady Sackville.
我不知道我该期待你
I didn’t know I was to expect you.
我不知道我会期待这个
I didn’t know I was to expect this.
我想你没有意识到这有多有爆♥炸♥性
I don’t think you realize how explosive this is
从你放荡的波希米亚泡沫里面
from inside your debauched bohemian bubble.
但在适当的社会
But out there in proper society
你让维塔处于极大的危险之中
you’re putting Vita in great danger.
维塔和她的孩子们
Vita and her boys.
我收集了唯一一个曾经威胁过的人
I gather the only person who has ever threatened
把本和奈杰尔从他们的母亲身边带走就是你
to remove Ben and Nigel from their mother is you.
你是个疯女人
You’re a mad woman
其成功的疯狂欲望
whose successful mad desire
就是把互相关心的人分开
is to separate people that care for each other.
你的工作有一种暴♥力♥
Your work has a kind of violence to it
要么你不知道
that either you’re unaware of
或太鲁莽控制
or too reckless to control.
谢天谢地 你没有自己的孩子
Thank God you don’t have children of your own.
-我以为你在柏林 -我曾经是 但现在我在这里
– I thought you were in Berlin. – I was, but now I’m here.
我爱上了你对我的看法
I have fallen in love with your vision of me.
你没有受伤或生气吗
Were you not hurt or angry?
我突然发现 你是
It struck me that you might be.
我感觉自己像橱窗里的人的模特
I feel like a mannequin in a shop window
上面挂着一件用精美的珠宝缝制的长袍
on which you’ve hung a robe stitched with fine jewels.
你怎么能挂这么灿烂的衣服
How could you have hung so splendid a garment
在这样一个可怜的钉
on such a poor peg?
哦 维吉尼亚 这是最聪明的
Oh, Virginia, it’s the wisest
我读过的最富有的书
richest book I’ve ever read.
亲爱的 你在干什么
My darling, what are you doing?
我在烤蛋糕
I’m baking a cake.
耐莉接到通知了我有客人喝茶
Nelly’s given notice. I have guests for tea.
你会毒死他们的
You’ll poison them.
我在你家住了这么久 现在我看到你了
I’ve lived in you so long that now I see you.
我想知道你存在还是我让你
I wonder do you exist or have I made you up?
我现在感觉很真实
I feel terribly real right now.
你又找到我了
You have found me again.
我不会只在虚构的世界被爱
I won’t be loved only in a fictitious world.
现在让我们在八卦开始之前一起离开吧
Let’s go away together now before the gossip starts.
求你了 维吉尼亚
Please, Virginia.
是的 绝对
Yes. Absolutely.
我不知道你为什么不能说你什么时候回来
I don’t know why you can’t say when exactly you’ll be back.
我想知道我们分开多久
I need to know how long we’ll be apart.
现在你很感伤了我们不这样做
Now you’re being sentimental. We don’t do that.
不 我是诚实的这是完全理性的
No, I’m being truthful. It’s entirely rational.
我会一直担心你
I shall worry about you all the time.
莱纳德 停下
Leonard, stop.
你刚读完一本书
You just finished a book.
你知道你会充满紧张
You know you’ll be fraught with nerves
直到评论进来 你该走了…
until the reviews come in. That’s the time you go under…
嗯 这次感觉不一样了
Well, this time feels different.
是的 是的 感觉不一样
Yes, it does. This feels different.
这就是为什么我不想你走
That’s why I don’t want you to go.
写《奥兰多》给了我我所知道的最大的狂喜
Writing “Orlando” gave me the greatest rapture I’ve ever known.
这就是为什么现在对你来说是一个非常危险的时间
Which is why now is a very dangerous time for you.
-我会和维塔在一起 -这就是我所担心的
– I’ll be with Vita. – That’s what worries me.
哦 你对我的保护
Oh, your protection of me
有时在不全的边
sometimes verges on the unwholesome.
我不会阻止你走
I shan’t stop you going..
…但我会要求你仔细思考
…but I will ask you to think very carefully
你认为什么是可能的与维塔
about what it is you think is possible with Vita.
维吉尼亚 你没事吧
Virginia, are you alright?
你在这儿干什么
What are you doing out here?
我一直在想 如果闪电击中了房♥子 倒塌了
I’ve been wondering if lightning struck the house, collapsed
被压死会是什么样子
what it would be like to be crushed to death.
哦 我最亲爱的
Oh, my dearest.
我已经得到了它相当生动
I’ve got it fairly vivid.
会很痛苦吗
Would it be painful?
是的
Yes.
可怕 我想是的
Terrifying? I suppose so.
昏昏欲睡 鼓 吞咽尝试意识
A swoon, a drum, gulps attempting consciousness
然后点 点 点
and then dot, dot, dot.
我不忍♥心想你的死
I can’t bear to think of your dying.
我不认为今天会发生这种事
I don’t think it’s gonna happen today.
我只是在想象
I was just imagining it.
-你不这么做吗 -没有
– Don’t you do that? – No.
我愿意
I do.
我确实对死亡有着强烈的好奇心
I do think with intense curiosity about death.
这就像在尼亚加拉上空一样 是件令人激动的事情
It could be a great excitement like going over Niagara.
但它是一种经验
But it is the one experience
我永远无法描述
I will never be able to describe.
你曾经觉得你记录的东西 而不是感觉他们
Do you ever feel that you record things rather than feel them?
哦 你撕开那个旧伤口了
Oh, you’re tearing open that old wound.
你一直以为我看过一切
You’ve always thought I had look on everything
每个人 作为我的笔利用的东西
on everyone, as something for my pen to exploit.

No.
我在想我自己
I was thinking about myself.
有关于你的东西 没有连接
There is something about you that doesn’t connect.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!