我要格里高利神父回来
I want Father Gregory.
父亲过世时我还很小
I was too young when Father died.
那时你26岁了
You were 26.
叫我们的朋友回来
I want our friend.
就算他今晚从家起程, 路上也要一个星期啊
If he’s at home and starts tonight, the trip will take a week.
这么做毫无意义
It’s senseless.
发出去吧
Send it.
太可笑了
A funny thing.
我儿子奄奄一息…
My son is dying…
我却哭不出来
…and I can’t cry.
你父亲驾崩时…
When your father died…
你哭了好几天
…you wept for days.
你从没意识到吧
You never knew.
我从没对旁人说过
I never said…
我听到你呜咽时的感觉
…how I felt listening to you sobbing…
…没告诉过任何人你内心有多恐惧
…telling everyone how afraid you were.
大多数人21岁时就成年了
Most men are men at 21.
你让我很羞愧
You made me so ashamed.
好了…
All right.
以圣父…
In the name of the Father…
圣子…
…and of the Son…
还有圣灵之名
…and of the Holy Ghost…
阿门
…amen.
“皇储病入膏肓
“The Tsarevitch has been taken ill.
皇位继承人快进坟墓了
The heir’s condition is considered to be grave.
他对于治疗做出的反应, 迄今为止…”
His response to treatment so far…”
今天中午宣告
This one for midday to announce…
…旧病复发, 情况危急
…a severe relapse.
还有…
And one…
明天晚上要宣读的
…for tomorrow night.
最终的公告
The final bulletin.
我明白了
I see.
至于葬礼的计划
As to the funeral plans…
别读了好吗, 弗拉基米尔?
For God’s sake, Vladimir!
可您必须知道
But you need to know.
葬礼专列
The funeral train…
将由11列…
…will consist of 11…
车厢组成
…cars.
你应该去睡了
You should try to sleep.
不…
No.
至少喝杯茶吧
Some tea, at least.
有消息了
It’s come!
他回复了
He’s answered.
听呀
Listen.
“上帝看见你泪水涟涟, 听见你的声声祈祷
“God has seen your tears and heard your prayers.
不要悲伤
Do not grieve.
小家伙不会死的
The little one will not die.
叫医生不要打搅他
Do not let the doctors bother him.
定定心
Be at peace.
我这就动身, 很快就到您那儿了”
I am leaving immediately and will be at your side soon.”
别打搅孩子了
He’s not to be disturbed.
你要答应我
I want your promise.
可是陛下…
But, Your Majesty…
一个医生也不要
No more doctors.
有必要我就把门锁起来
I can bar the door if need be.
我现在可以睡个好觉了
I can sleep now.
都会好的, 亲爱的
All is well, my darling.
没人陪着阿列克谢他会有好转吗?
Will it make any difference if Alexis is left alone?
不会, 我看不会
No, I suppose not.
阿列克谢最喜欢看我戴红宝石了
Alexei likes me best in rubies.
来呀, 我们现在就去看他
Come. We’ll see him now.
早上好, 亲爱的
Good morning, my darling.
早上好, 妈妈
Good morning, Mother.
你好, 上帝与你同在
Good day, and the Lord be with you.
上帝与你同在
And the Lord be with you!
没事的, 孩子 我们都在, 没事的
It’s all right, baby. We’re here. It’s all right.
血… – 做噩梦了是吗?
Blood! – Why do you have such nasty dreams?
我听到了枪声 血溅得到处都是
I heard a gun. There was blood everywhere.
你梦到的是弗朗茨·斐迪南大公
You were dreaming about Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
没事的, 一个梦罢了
It was nothing. I had a dream.
既然你说到这个梦, 我们就聊聊吧
If you had a dream, let’s talk about it.
你好点了吗, 阿列克谢?
Are you all right now, Alexei?
斐迪南遇刺, 对奥地利和塞尔维亚都是一场灾难
Franz Ferdinand’s assassination is bad for Austria and the Serbs…
对刺客和他的家庭来说也是如此
…and for the assassin and his family.
但是巴尔干的政局就是那样
But politics is like that in the Balkans.
英国人投选票, 塞尔维亚人搞暗♥杀♥
The English vote and the Serbs assassinate.
明白吗, 塞尔维亚要自主♥权♥
You see, Serbia wants its freedom.
可奥地利不允许, 所以出事了
Austria won’t give it to them and so this happens.
这里也出过事
It has happened here.
他们扔炸♥弹♥… – 尼克, 很晚了
They threw a bomb… – Nicky, it’s so late.
他们不是孩子了
They’re not children anymore.
他们应当接受现实
They must accept these things.
我祖父就是被炸死的, 我叔叔谢尔盖也是
Grandfather was killed by a bomb. So was Uncle Sergei.
塞尔维亚离我们很远
But Serbia is a long way off.
没必要为了大公的事而做噩梦
And we don’t need to have bad dreams about Archdukes.
外交官会发声明予以谴责
The diplomats will send some angry notes.
我会派将军去军事演习, 大家都会理智起来
A few generals will go on exercises and everyone will be sensible again.
全欧洲的国王和王后都会高枕无忧的
All over Europe, kings and queens are sleeping safely in their beds.
我们就这么办
And that’s what we’re going to do.
陛下, 您不能这样
Your Majesty must not.
这只是小部分的动员
This is only a partial mobilization.
我们对抗的是奥地利, 又不是德国或其他国家
It is against Austria, not Germany, nor anyone else.
如果俄♥国♥下了动员令, 那么就会卷入战争
If Russia mobilizes, there will be a war.
奥地利正在猛攻贝尔格莱德
The Austrians are shelling Belgrade.
我们必须准备自卫
We must be ready to defend ourselves.
我下令所有的教堂开始和平祈祷
I’m ordering prayers for peace to be said in all the churches.
但是我现在就要去见军备和征兵部长
But now I must see my ministers for armaments and recruitment.
事态由我们掌控, 又不是上帝
It is in our hands, not God’s.
他给了我们头脑要我们理智
He gave us minds to reason.
对战争狂人我们可以晓之以理, 我们能制得服疯狗
We can talk sanity to lunatics. We can calm mad dogs.
如果祈祷是必须的, 上帝也会帮我们
God help us if we have to start praying!
我们埋死人时也能祈祷
We can pray when we bury the dead!
有个好消息, 德皇发来的电报
Here is some wonderful news. A telegram from the Kaiser.
正是我们需要的
Just what we wanted.
可以调停我们和奥地利的关系
Offering to mediate between us and Austria.
威利还是靠得住的
I knew I could count on Willy.
你看看
You see?
他签的是”你真诚的忠实的朋友和表亲, 威利”
He’s signed it, “Your sincere and devoted friend and cousin, Willy.”
向您的表亲致以最崇高的敬意, 陛下
With due respect to your cousin, sire…
德皇是个奸诈的…
…the Kaiser is a deceitful…
…妄想自大狂
…megalomaniac.
如果他真的是想帮我们…
If he is offering to help…
…那就祈祷吧
…then it is time to pray.
他们撑不到一星期
They won’t last a week.
我们会打败德军和那个娘娘腔的德皇
We’ll bury the German army and that pansy of a Kaiser…
就能回家过圣诞节了
…and be home for Christmas.
沃尔科夫上校
Colonel Volkov.
通知大家, 战局已经大有好转
Inform the staff that the situation has improved greatly.
我半小时后向大家做简要陈述
I’ll brief them fully in half an hour.
我们还要继续总动员吗?
But shall we continue to prepare for the general mobilization?
万一?
In case?
过半小时我再跟你说
I’ll brief you fully in half an hour.
我们经不起一场现代战争, 陛下
We can’t run a modern war, sir.
这次不是和拿破仑较量
We’re not fighting Napoleon this time.
德国人均铁路线比我国多10英里
Germany has ten miles of railway to every one of ours.
人均工厂占有率比我国多100家
They have 100 factories to every one of ours.
我们只有人海战术
All we have is men.
士兵们像苍蝇一般蜂拥而死
They’ll be slaughtered like flies.
眼下有550万士兵
We have 11/2 million men in uniform.
下星期就会有2050万
Next week we’ll have 41/2 million men in uniform.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!